DS Lite vs DSi

it depends what internet aswell cus ds lites only connect to routers with WEP keys whereas DSi's connect with wep and tpisk (or whatever it is)
WPA is what you were trying to say.
Although, if you have your own router, it shouldn't be that hard to change the settings no? [:
DSL >>> DSi

Sorry if I'm being blatantly stupid here, but I just don't know... Does the DSiXL exist? 9___9' I don't keep up with all the electronic news but I remember hearing about it somewhere...

The DSiXL is a significantly enlarged version of the DSi. It has bigger screens, 4.2 inches, compared to 3.25 inches on the DSi and 3 inches on the DS Lite and Phat. But it is of course larger and heavier. Indeed, it's heavier, wider, and taller - though thinner - than the DS Phat.

To me it's unclear why you'd want the DSi XL. But I think it's being aimed at the older market, who might find the smaller screens on the standard model too small.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
it depends what internet aswell cus ds lites only connect to routers with WEP keys whereas DSi's connect with wep and tpisk (or whatever it is)
DSi only connects to WPA-encrypted routers if the game does as well. A DSi will not let any of the Pokemon games connect to a WPA-encrypted router for example.

The 3DS is the next generation DS. It will play 3DS exclusive games, of which there will be many. GBA -> DS -> 3DS. If you already have a DS system, then you should wait for the 3DS. If you don't have a DS, I'm sure another six to eight months won't kill you, but between the two, get the cheaper DS Lite and buy the 3DS' revision in a year or two.

why the hell would anyone want a DSi XL? it's just a huge DSi for twice the price.

anyway, i think you should get the DS Lite just for pal park. better battery life (than the Phat), larger screens, brighter screens, at the small cost of it being a fingerprint magnet and a little bit frail around the hinges.

currently i have both the DSi and the DS Lite. i had the Phat one, but i gave it to my cousin. the DSi, at the cost of losing pal park, and some battery life, is better than the Lite. brighter screens, WAAAAAY better user interface (as opposed to the retarded DS Lite and Phat), and the power BUTTON instead of the retarded SLIDER!!!
oh, and a bit better speakers.
my opinion:
you want pal park, smaller console, smaller screens, better battery life? DS Lite.
you don't want pal park, bigger console, bigger screen, not that good battery life? DSi.

well i miss the old gba pokemon games.. so i guess the lite will be the one to get. theres just a few things hindering my decision.

1. the gba graphics are obviously inferior to the newer DP/HGSS.. and i dont know if i could deal with that. ha.
2. it seems like games look worse when being played on a dslite..rather than the dsi.

its just a little frustrating to figure out.

and yes.. 6-8 months with no pokemon is kind of ridiculous ha.

The DSi has slightly larger and brighter screens, so games will tend to look better on it. Other than that, there's no difference.

The main differences between the graphics of GBA Pokémon and DS Pokémon are that the DS games have a 3D world, and that there's a second screen. You might even find that the 60FPS in the GBA games, compared to 30FPS in the DS games, makes up for the less advanced graphics.

Oh, and a few months ago, I played and completed a Pokémon Red hack (new region, story etc using Pokémon Red's engine); as long as the gameplay's interesting enough, I find that the graphics don't matter as much.

alright. well thanks guys.. ds lite it is.

plan on getting fire red and emerald on ebay. hopefully for a good deal

that physical/special split is going to mess with me so bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)