Clash of the Titans! *WARSTORY* (SePh258 vs Jibaku)

Hello Everybody! SePh258 here with the first ever UBER warstory for DP! A lot of us have noticed a lot of “bad” warstories lately and it’s about time somebody wrote one that wasn’t just worse than a plain log.

I finally finished my uber team 2 days ago and knew the day had to come where I would face Jibaku and his unknown team that I felt I had no chance against. Since we both knew this was going to be warstoried, both of us were nervous about this battle. Jibaku informed me he was sweating and had to get a cold glass of water to cool himself down. As for myself, my heart was pounding like nothing else. As I turn off the annoying DS music and open up itunes, the screen flashes. “I might as well just get this over with,” I said to myself

As for the rules, sleep clause, species clause, and all of the usual clauses were in effect except this time, there were ubers.

My Team

Jibaku’s Team

SePh258 sent out Kyogre!
Jibaku sent out Darkrai.

This is where knowing your opponent changes the entire game. Jibaku knows that I like using scarf kyogre so that means he’s probably going to switch to palkia/kyogre or something to take the upcoming waterspout. Also, I won’t be putting “The rain continues to fall…” in this because I feel it’s not necessary, unlike leftovers etc. Feel free to object if you disagree.

Jibaku withdrew Darkrai!
Jibaku sent out Kyogre!
Kyogre used thunder!
(86%)
Jibaku’s Kyogre was paralyzed!

Nice, guess I was right about that one.

SePh258’s Kyogre used Thunder!
(14%)
Jibaku’s Kyogre feinted!

6-5

Wow, good way to start off a battle

[Jibaku sent out blissey!
SePh258 withdrew Kyogre!
SePh258 sent out Forretress!
Blissey used thunder!
(32%)
Forretress was paralyzed!
Forretress’s leftovers restored HP a little

Bleh, that’s not too good, but atleast I’ll be able to set up.

Jibaku withdrew blissey!
Jibaku sent out Arceus! (fighting)
Forretress used stealth rock!
Rocks circulate enemy area!

ARCEUS??? Oh come on, I don’t even know the first thing about it. I’m still wondering about the whole fighting plate thing, but we’ll see if that helps him or not

SePh258 withdrew forretress!
SePh258 sent out Giratina!
Arceus used Judgement!/COLOR]
It doesn’t affect Giratina…

Hmm, I need to see the rest of his team. He’s going to predict the wil o wisp/toxic so there’s no point in doing that.

Jibaku withdrew Arceus!
Jibaku sent out Metagross!
Pointed stones dug into Metagross!
Giratina used Roar!
Metagross fled from battle!
Arceus was dragged out!
Pointed stones dug into Arceus!

He sent out metagross? If only I had wil o wisp. *sigh*

Jibaku withdrew Arceus!
Jibaku sent out Blissey!
Pointed stones dug into blissey!
Giratina used roar!

Well, I know he has Arceus, Blissey, Darkrai, Kyogre (gone), Metagross, but I don’t know his last pokemon. Stealth rock is nuts this game, if only it wasn’t NVE against 2 of his pokes

Jibaku withdrew Arceus!
Pointed stones dug into Metagross
Giratina used Toxic!
It does not affect Metagross….

Metagross used Earthquake!
(27%)
Giratina used Roar!
Blissey was dragged out
Pointed stones dug into Blissey!
Leftovers restored Giratina’s HP a little
Leftovers restored Blissey’s HP a little

I’m still curious of what his 6th pokemon is.

Blissey used Ice beam!
(22%)
It’s super effective!
Giratina used Roar!
Blissey fled from battle!
Metagross was dragged out!
Pointed stones dug into Metagross!
Giratina’s leftover restored HP a little

Well, at this point I thought Metagross is faster than Giratina since Giratina’s really big and fat. But then again, metagross isn’t a speed demon either.

Giratina used rest!
Giratina went to sleep!
Metagross used meteor mash!
(45%)
Metagross’s attack rose!
Giratina’s leftovers restored HP a little.

Wow, I don’t think I have a counter for that. I want to save kyogre for sweeping his team later in this game. I’m faster, so there’s a chance I’ll sleep talk roar.

Giratina used sleep talk!
Giratina used roar!
Blissey was dragged out!
Giratina’s leftovers restored HP a little
Blissey’s leftovers restored HP a little.

Thank you! I can’t believe that actually happened.

Giratina used sleep talk!
Giratina used rest!
Giratina is already asleep!
Blissey used Softboiled!
Giratina's leftovers restored HP a little.

At this point, I'm sitting at a pretty healthy HP bar. He's probably going to switch to a counter. Darkrai I'm assuming??

Blissey used ice beam!
(22%)
Giratina used roar!
Rayquaza was dragged out!
Pointed stones dug into Rayquaza!

Heh, guess he predicted that roar. Now, I know his whole team, but I have few things that can actually beat rayquaza. I hope he doesn't carry overheat.

SePh258 withdrew Giratina!
SePh258 sent out Forretress!
Rayquaza used Earthquake!
(30%)
Rayquaza is hurt by life orb!
Forretress's leftovers restored HP a little.

Well, it's gotta be DD rayquaza. I'm pretty sure he packs overheat/fireblast so guess I'll have to sacrifice forretress.

Rayquaza used dragon dance!
Rayquaza's attack and speed rose!
Forretress used explosion!
(75%)
Forretress Fainted!
Rayquaza Fainted!

5-4

YES!!!! Thank you for being greedy! I would have been in some trouble there if he didn't do that.

SePh258 sent out Kyogre!
Jibaku sent out Blissey!

SePh258 withdrew Kyogre!
SePh258 sent out Giratina!
Blissey used Thunder!
(6%)
Giratina's leftovers restored HP a little
Blissey's leftovers restored HP a little

Eventually I'll wear out his team.

Blissey used Calm Mind!
Blissey's sp attack and sp def rose!
Giratina used Roar!
Darkrai was dragged out!
Giratina's leftovers restored HP a little

I have several choices, but he'll probably predict sleep talk and nightmare lol's at my rest.

Darkrai used Dark Pulse!
(40%)
It's super effective!
Giratina used Toxic!
Darkrai was badly poisoned!
Darkrai is hurt by poison.
Giratina's leftovers restored HP a little.

Hmm, maybe he'll get greedy again. I don't really think it's worth it to switch since giratina isn't going to anything for the rest of the game, plus he might decide to dark hall.

Darkrai used Dark Pulse!
(17% dmg)
Giratina Fainted!
Darkrai is hurt by poison

4-4

Jibaku was so happy to see that thing finally dead. RIP Giratina, you were pretty good this game, but no magnezone for sure.

SePh258 sent out Deoxys-F!
Jibaku withdrew Darkrai!
Jibaku sent out Arceus!
Deoxys used Substitute!

If that thing was bug like most (so I've been told) instead of fighting, stealth rock would have killed it a long time ago. I still have no idea about that thing's moveset, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Deoxys used Thunder!
(45%)
Arceus used Recover!
Arceus recovered HP

Meh, I'll wait for para hax or at the very least pressure will run him out.

Deoxys used Thunder!
(42%)
Arceus used Recover!
Arceus regained HP.

Deoxys used Thunder!
(42%)
Arceus used Calm Mind!
Arceus's sp attack and sp def rose!

Ugh, so that's what he was waiting for. I have no outs to that so I my only option is to switch rayquaza into it.

SePh258 withdrew Deoxys!
SePh258 sent out Rayquaza!
Arceus used Recover!
Arceus regained HP

C'mon, please..

Arceus used Ice beam!
100%)
Rayquaza fainted!
It's super effective!

3-4

Wow, that was dumb lol. There goes my lead. After stupidly sending Rayquaza do his demise, I might be forced to do something I didn't want to do.

SePh258 sent out Kyogre!
Kyogre used WaterSpout!
(68%)
Arceus used Judgment!
(76%)

GRAH!!!!! That's not good. With low HP,
WaterSpout is now worthless

SePh258 sent out Blissey!
Arceus used Recover!
Arceus Regained HP

Now it's time for my infamous singbliss to try and save me yet again.

Arceus used Judgement!
(65%)
Blissey used Sing!
Arceus fell asleep!
Blissey's leftovers restored it's HP a little

I love u singbliss. Whenever I use that attack, it seems more like sporebliss than anything.

Jibaku withdrew Arceus!
Jibaku sent out Darkrai!
Pointed stones dug into Darkrai!
SePh258 sent out Deoxys-F
Darkrai is hurt by poison.

Deoxys can take his whole team, thank god this nightmare is over. I almost had a heart attack there.

Deoxys used Thunder!
(26%)
Darkrai Fainted!

3-3

Jibaku sent out metagross!
Pointed stones dug into metagross

Deoxys used substitute!
Metagross used Pursuit!
Deoxys's substitute faded

Go pataya berry sweep!

Deoxys used substitute!
Metagross used Pursuit!
Deoxys's substitute faded

Deoxys used substitute!
Deoxys's Pataya Berry raised it's special attack!
Metagross used Pursuit!
Deoxys's substitute faded!

One by one, they will fall.

Jibaku withdrew metagross!
Jibaku sent out Arceus!
Pointed stones dug into Arceus
Deoxys used Thunder!
(73%)

Deoxys used Thunder!
(22%)
Arceus Fainted!

3-2

Jibaku sent out Metagross
Metagross used Bullet Punch!
(1%)
Deoxys Fainted!

2-2

BULLET PUNCH?!?! WHO USES THAT? That was definitely unexpected

SePh258 sent out kyogre!
Jibaku withdrew Metagross!
Jibaku sent out Blissey!
Kyogre used Thunder!
(21%)

Ok, my only hope here is to: Step 1) Put something to sleep with sing
Step 2) ????
Step 3) Win!

SePh258 withdrew Kyogre!
SePh258 sent out Blissey!
Jibaku withdrew Blissey!
Blissey's leftovers restored it's HP a little

Well, so much for that.

Metagross used Meteor Mash!
(34%)
Blissey fainted!

1-2

SePh258 sent out Kyogre!
Kyogre used Thunder!
(40%)
Metagross used Meteor Mash!

0-2

Well, good game jibaku. That went back and forward soooo many times and it was a blast playing that. Also, I don't care about writing a warstory about me losing since I write these for entertainment, using them for examples for other people who want to write warstories, and of course helping the people new to competitive battling.

Props
~Best Game I've ever written a warstory on
~This was my first uber battle with DP and I felt it's a lot different than RSE.
~ Stealth Rock was helpful
~Tochukaso for helping me find the images of the pokemon.
~Giratina was definitely hard to kill, not sure if he's better than Lugia, but then again stealth rock and stone edge exist now.
~I think I have to give props to Jibaku who did an excellent job coming back toward the end.
~It would seem my blissey is really sporebliss in disguise lol.

Slops
~I now despise anybody who uses bullet punch.
~Jibaku and I are now tied at 2-2 so I lost the lead I had over him.
~Surgo still owes me that Groudon. Also, SePh is noob.

That's pretty much it for slops, it was a great battle and it's also great to be back everybody!

Great read. I think this is the first D/P Uber warstory. Lol i was hoping to see Rayquaza sweep but yeah good game

Awesome, awesome awesome. Giratina is virtually indestructible though, they gave that thing high stats

That was a good warstory.

I didn't really play much(any?) Uber in RS outside of JAA, but I've been intending to pick it up for DP and that battle definitely support that thought, fun read.

Bullet Punch: not just for the battle tower anymore, apparently

It would be nice if there were more Uber and you know, Uber metagame guides. *sigh*

Impressive battle.

Wow the first DP Uber Warstory I read =P

What a great battle, wish there would be a way to watch it hehe

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That's interesting. When Sarenji and I were discussing how broken Deoxys-F is, we were discussing its counters. I lamented that Metagross couldn't just Pursuit it away anymore because it would be 2HKOed by Deoxys-F Shadow Ball (choice specs), but I completely forgot that Metagross could learn Bullet Punch.

I still think fighting Arceus is crap.

Oh, and good warstory.

It would be nice if there were more Uber and you know, Uber metagame guides. *sigh*
There are guides for many ubers in the Analysis sub-forum.

I didn't think Forretress could be used in Uber (heck, mine doesn't even work that well in Standard), but you proved me worng. Great story, SePh! (I hope to battle Jibaku one day, but I still have to breed and plan my team).

I don't mean to be a nag, but wasn't Thunder used a few times after Rayquaza had come into battle? Would that have affected anything, Ie. Thunder possibly missing?

If it didn't, my apologies for misreading. This was definitely the best warstory I've ever read, you did an excellent job writing it.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Rayquaza only blocks weather while he's in play. After he leaves, the rain continues as normal.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
SePh, Kyogre used Thunder on the last turn. There's absolutely no way Metagross will take 40% from Surf in rain lol. Yeah, my Meta didn't have Explosion lol, but I do have the TM

Excellent uber warstory seph! Even though you basically lost because metagross had bullet punch...in an uber battle. I don't even see that move in standard battles. I cant wait to see jibaku's version of this battle ( Actually i don't want to see his version. It seems he has a rather unusual fetish with including STD's in his war stories for some reason >_> )

I cant wait to see jibaku's version of this battle ( Actually i don't want to see his version. It seems he has a rather unusual fetish with including STD's in his war stories for some reason >_> )
Rofl. He can warstory the next battle we have, just as long as he doesn't do that ever again.

SePh, Kyogre used Thunder on the last turn. There's absolutely no way Metagross will take 40% from Surf in rain lol. Yeah, my Meta didn't have Explosion lol, but I do have the TM
Ok, edited.

nice twist with you losing at the end, lol. Good battle though, Bullet Punch was unexpected and ubers looks interesting for sure. Good job.

Great story, I enjoyed it. I like how he used Bullet Punch on Metagross, that's mainly only seen in BT. More Rayquaza action would've been cool, but oh well, it was a fun read.

Shiny Arceus a hack?

Anyway, nice warstory. My uber team is about 75% done, just some sets and resets to go, then il be good. Kyogre seems fucking deadly, which is nice.

Shiny Arceus a hack?

Anyway, nice warstory. My uber team is about 75% done, just some sets and resets to go, then il be good. Kyogre seems fucking deadly, which is nice.
Any arceus at this point is a hack lol. That arceus was not shiny btw.

You only have 5 pokemon listed at the top. You might want to edit in Deoxys-F :-p
I count 6 and I asked another person and he also saw 6. So something might be wrong, but I don't think it's on my end.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Umm, the Arceus isn't Shiny and I received it from a trade. Obviously event hacked lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)