Battle Spot BS singles team

Hey guys, I'm trying to get into the battle spot meta for the first time and I've planned to do this in the easiest way, so don't expect anything fancy from me, and actually every EV spread is 252/252/4; the team was put together while constantly double checking the PGL usage stats to figure out which pokemon synergyzes well with.

team at a glance

team description

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

thundurus was originally intended to be the all-out attacking set with T-wave plus life orb, but was changed to the NP sitrus set because of the item clause. thunderbolt and HP ice for nice coverage and grass knot is a recent addition that reavealed to be really helpful against hippowdon and most importatly mamoswine.

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam

in this teamslot I was looking for a check to physical attackers like salamence, blaziken and mamoswine; I originally thoght about rotom-w but eventually I settled on suicune for its superior bulk and access to calm mind, which can overcome unfavorable matchup (i was even able to 1v1 a M-Venusaur once thanks to calm mind!). Scald is a nice STAB with that nice secondary effect, ice beam provides coverage, resto-chesto is the only form of recovery used while gamefreak decides to give it recover and calm mind compliments really well its good physical bulk.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast

gengar is a solid mega in pretty much every format thanks to shadow tag backed up by good offensive stats and access to some utility moves. Taunt was chosen for counter-leading porpouses, negates recovery and most importantly prevents set-up moves. It is also very manipulative with stall-like team, even though they are not very common. Destiny bond works really well with its speed. shadow ball+focus blast grant perfect neutral coverage.

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick

blaziken is the powerhouse of this format, capable of dealing huge amounts of damage between its high powered STABs and provides an offensive check to kangaskhan, steel types and greninja. Flare blitz and high jump kick provide solid offensive STABs protects is mandatory to gain precious speed boosts and baton pass in the last moveslot while useful on paper I don't find myself using it a lot and I'm open to suggestions on this.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

mamoswine has a neat offensive typing in this meta and has access to the ultimate revenge killing tool for dragons and fliers in ice shard. earthquake is solid coverage and icicle spear breaks sashes. Stealth rock are nice for sashers and flying types but in this fast-paced format you are better off attacking everything in sight, so I'm open for suggestion in the last moveslot.

other options

I guess that an assault vest set improves the matchup against electrics but I need help for an ev spread; yache berry/sash garchomp is something I've been considering to run in conjusction with M-kangaskhan as an aternative mega in order to not stack multiple weakenesses.

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

salamence is a bulky motherfucker that hits really hard. What's so good about it is initimidate and high physical bulk, a godsend in this physical-heavy format. double edge is the strongest STAB at its disposal, earthquake is for coverage. DD+roost are required to set up, while a jolly nature is chosen to outspeed as many threats as possible without any speed boost.

threatlist:
rotom formes are a pain to deal with. This is the main reason I'm considering to run kangaskhan.
electric types are a problem because the only check I have is mamoswine and if is fainted/benched then thundurus especially becomes a huge problem as I often find myself going 1v1 with my own thundurus.
greninja is a problem if it's running water shuriken or grass knot, screwing up my checks (blaziken and suicune), the combination of the two puts me in a very unfavourable position.

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam

You've got a lot of raw power using blaziken/salamence/gengar/NP thundurus, which is great considering you've got options to choose from when you need to pick your pokemon. T-wave or WoW users, especially ones tanky pokemon or pokemon with Prankster as their ability, will be able to cripple your pokemon and then switch out. You should also consider that a lot of your pokemon are OHKOd by choice scarfed pokemon; MB excadrill, garchomp, and gardevoir would be very problematic for your team. This puts a huge amount of pressure on your suicune to function as the pivot and as the main tank, which it's pretty good at, but it's not impossible to get around (taunt, encore, setup sweepers comes to mind). Perhaps replace the Mamoswine for a porygon2 or a sableye? Porygon T-wave is pretty good setup for your suicune and faster threats like greninja, and it synergizes well with Gengar. Sableye WoW lets your salamence and thundurus get 2hko'd by stuff that would normally ohko them like Outrage or Stone edges (sorry, gotta deal with ice beams though...), and it also synergizes well with Gengar.

Also, dual screen users fits on all hyper-offense teams imo. Just watch out for taunt and encore users, and its pretty smooth sailing most of the time. Dual screen espeon with a heal bell might work for you if you choose not to add any T-wave or WoW users, and klefki with eject button is pretty solid for momentum gathering.

Sorry if I didn't answer in a long time, but I don't have much time to stay on showdown nor on smogon as of late, but I did try porygon 2 and Klefki over mamoswine and they worked pretty damn well, especially porygon 2. Also I gave blaziken a lum berry to better deal with thundurus and thundurus was given the life orb because I actually recently found out that HP ice doesn't kill garchomp from full hp without it, and it costed me some games. Solid rate, thanks ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)