Pet Mod Branched Potential - Slate 5 - Durant, Mamoswine, and Houndoom

Clas

completely and utterly sane :)
is a Tiering Contributor
Apologies for the one-liner, but if someone can suggest a better name for Kafend I would greatly appreciate. The themes for it are last resort attacking, stances, rocks, and (of course) a butterfly + cocoon. I can't think of anything better myself, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Apologies for the one-liner, but if someone can suggest a better name for Kafend I would greatly appreciate. The themes for it are last resort attacking, stances, rocks, and (of course) a butterfly + cocoon. I can't think of anything better myself, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hmmmmm...
How about Stancragus [Stance + crag + brown argus (brown argus being a species of butterfly)]?

Clas

is a Tiering Contributor
Note: For anything related to DH and in balance changes, I'm asking for a name change of Kafend to Stacragus. However, I'm also asking that all Kafend votes are listed for the same as Stacragus since they're the same BP submission, just with a different name.
Sorry if this causes any problems, I just feel that it fits much better. Any other changes that happen (which are unlikely) I'll talk about on the Discord instead to stop congestion in the forum.

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
This took a long time and we apologize for that, but I'd like to announce that the votes have been counted and we're ready to announce the winners for Slate 2.

Butterfree Line: Clasmia 's Stacragus
:ss/butterfree:
Name: Kafend
Typing: Rock, Bug
Height: 1.3m
Weight: 60kg
Abilities: Shields Down
Stats: 55/60/110/30/110/30 (395)

New Moves: Ancient Power, Rock Blast, Rock Polish, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Rock Tomb, Sandstorm, Shell Smash, Smack Down, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge (12)
Removed Moves: Acrobatics, Confusion, Draining Kiss, Dream Eater, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Mega Drain, Poison Powder, Psychic, Psywave, Quiver Dance, Skill Swap, Sleep Powder, Solar Beam, Stun Spore, Sweet Scent, Tailwind, Teleport, Thief (19)

NOTE: Removal of Skill Swap is purely to stop any chances of Shields Down being removed (even though I think it doesn't affect Shields Down), and it didn't feel right to keep it anyway.

:ss/butterfree:
Name: Kafend-Offense
Typing: Rock, Flying
Height: 1.1m
Weight: 35kg
Abilities: Shields Down
Stats: 55/110/50/60/50/70 (395)

Flavor/Design: A Metapod that is larger and rockier. When the shell is destroyed, it looks like a larger Butterfree with stones and shards on its wings and body.
Pokédex entry: A Metapod that has focused on protecting itself from predators. When it feels threatened, however, it destroys its shell and uses the hardened rocks from its cocoon as weapons. These rocks are sharp enough to cut through most metals. It has a much larger and thicker cocoon than regular Metapod, partly due to rocks, but these can also be aligned on its wings in order to seriously injure prey when under threat.
(Reason why it has this is because Butterfree has no Mega so this felt like the only appropriate response, while keeping it to the theme of a secondary evolution.)

Competitive Description: A powerful setup sweeper with access to high BP Rock-type moves, as well as Dual Wingbeat for Flying-type STAB, and while lacking in coverage it still has access to U-turn and Bug Bite for those who want to use it for some reason despite the lack of reason to, and reflect for supporting other Pokémon when not in danger, or instead itself. It also lacks in bulk outside of its Cocoon form, so will be susceptible to even the weakest of Bullet Punches or Accelerocks.
Beedrill Line: RedwoodRogue 's Hornetox
:swsh/beedrill:
Name: Hornetox (Hornet + Toxic)
New Types:

Height: 115in/2.9m
Weight: 49.5 kg
Base Stats: 65 / 45 / 60 / 90 / 60 / 75 [BST: 395] (+0 HP / -45 Atk / +20 Def / +45 SpA / -20 SpD / +0 Spe)
Abilities: Corrosion, Sniper
New Moves: Hex, Shadow Ball, Sludge Wave, Baneful Bunker, Bug Buzz, Toxic Thread, Venom Drench, Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Sticky Web (+11)
Removed Moves: Twineedle, Pin Missile, Fury Attack, Focus Energy, X-Scissor, Brutal Swing, Acrobatics, Swords Dance, Fell Stinger, Throat Chop, Swagger (-11)
Role Justification: Poison Setter, Pivot, Special Sweeper
Design/Flavor: The Kakunas these evolved from grew to resist deadlier toxins in places with stronger Pokemon than Viridian Forest. Purple replacing yellow, with lavender eyes instead of red, darker and narrower wings, like a giant Asian hornet, With a solid purple outline on the top half of the top wings, hands the size of of Beedrill’s stinger and the stinger the size of Beedrill’s hands with a purple tip.
Mega Form:
:swsh/beedrill-mega:
Name: Hornetox-Mega
New Types:

Height: 162in/4.1m
Weight: 65 kg
Base Stats: 65 / 46 / 86 / 106 / 86 / 106 [BST: 495] (+0 HP / -44 Atk / +46 Def / +61 SpA / +6 SpD / +31 Spe)
Ability: Merciless
Design: Same general changes as base form, narrower arms but only ever so slightly shorter, stinger the length of the arms, tips of all 5 stingers are purple and dripping.
JavaScript:
hornirit-mega: {
    num: 75000###,
    types:["Poison", "Ghost"],
    species: "Hornetox-Mega",
    id: "hornetox-mega",
    baseStats: {hp: 65, atk: 46, def: 86, spa: 106, spd: 86, spe: 106}
    abilities: {0: "Merciless"},
    weightkg: 29.5,
    fusion: ["Beedrill", "Beedrill"],
},
JavaScript:
hornetox: {
    types:["Poison", "Ghost"],
    species: "Hornetox",
    id: "hornetox",
    baseStats: {hp: 65, atk: 45, def: 60, spa: 90, spd: 60, spe: 75}
    abilities: {0: "Sniper"},
    weightkg: 49.5,
    fusion: ["Beedrill", "Beedrill"],
},
Pidgeot Line: Vengeance417 's Banshigen

Banshigen (Banshee + Pigeon) (Female only)
Types: Normal / Ghost
Height: 1.1 m
Weight: 20 kg
New Moves: Shadow Ball, Psychic, Hyper Voice, Dark Pulse, Perish Song, Spite, Snarl, Screech, Nasty Plot, Disarming Voice, Echoed Voice, Destiny Bond (12)
Removed Moves: Wing Attack, Brave Bird, Air Slash, Hurricane, Sky Attack, Aerial Ace, Air Cutter, Detect, Mirror Move, Pluck, Twister, Fly (12)
Abilities: Keen Eye | Tangled Feet | Soundproof
Stats: 83 / 70 / 80 / 80 / 75 / 91 (479 BST) (Atk and SpA swapped, -10 Speed, +5 Def, +5 SpDef
Flavor/Design: Female Pidgeotto exposed to the Dusk Stone will evolve into Banshigen. These nocturnal Pokemon are known for their high-pitched shrieks and the ability to perfectly mimic other sounds. They have become masters of sound manipulation, using their mimicry to lure in prey and stun it with loud screams. Banshigen lost many of the powered flying capabilities of their Pidgeotto predecessors, and are instead skillful at sprinting up tree trunks and gliding from tree to tree.
Competitive Description: Its unique Normal/Ghost typing allows Banshigen to be a phenomenal Ghost check, being immune to opposing Ghost-type attacks and Focus Blast. Thanks to its newfound Soundproof ability, a strategy unique to this Pokemon is the ability to use Perish Song without placing a countdown timer on itself, letting Banshigen stay on the field without worrying about impending doom. Its newly-gained Hyper Voice and Shadow Ball are both great, spammable STABs, and Nasty Plot boosts the power level of these attacks to scary levels. It can also retain momentum with U-turn.

Mega Banshigen
Types: Normal / Ghost
Height: 1.3 m
Weight: 30 kg
Abilities: Punk Rock (would prefer a Ghostly version of the name, but this is the only existing ability that has what I want for Mega Banshigen)
Stats: 83 / 70 / 110 / 100 / 105 / 111 (579 BST) (+30 Def, +20 SpA, +30 SpDef, +20 Spe)
Flavor/Design: Mega Banshigen's sound-based attacks are amplified to ear-splitting levels, so much so that trainers are forced to wear earplugs for their own safety.
Competitive Description: Mega Banshigen's Hyper Voice becomes immensely powerful thanks to Punk Rock, gaining a 30% attack boost. Its other sound moves including Snarl, Disarming Voice, and Echoed Voice also benefit. Nasty Plot sets are dangerously threatening, with +2 Hyper Voice shredding through most targets.
Vote Counting Spreadsheet

A Golden Waddle Dee Will announce the next slate within the next few days, but for now lets start a discussion slate, specific roles that each of these Mons will fill, potential sets, etcetera. Discussion can be held on the discord as well.

Last edited:
i feel like specifically Hornetox (and probably the mega too) could be a little too much with Baneful Bunker spam and Toxic Thread hitting everything(with base Hornetox).
dont really feel like commenting on the other subs, i dont see any problems with them.
tho Stacragus feels a little weak.

Clas

is a Tiering Contributor
tho Stacragus feels a little weak.
i can promise you now that its best that it stays that way, and its not weak tbh at all. most sets will prefer adamant anyway, since they would prefer to tank the hit, and then would go from there. 350*2atk + 239*2spe is scary, even without decent coverage (i think its only walled by steel types, but its a late game sweeper anyway so doesnt matter).

it might need toning down on the atk actually (but i think its fine for now since it has to deal with mega scizor, a very powerful late game steel prio sweeper, and bisharp, which just walls it from everything except u-turn or bug bite). only time will tell.

Last edited:
1622270211979.png

The people have spoken, and so, we will not be doing regional evolutions in slates. Also, they wanted the next slate early, so here it is:

Slate 3
:swsh/raticate: :swsh/arbok: :swsh/fearow:
Remember, since all of the Pokémon featured on the slate are two-stage evolutions, you can add a new Branched Evolution to your submission (This means you can add 2 new separate evolutions to the Pokémon you choose. For example, if you chose Raticate, you can give it 2 new separate evolutions.)! You have until June 2nd to submit. Have fun! (P.S. Remember to read the submission rules, especially the BST Boosting ones!)​

:Arbok: -> Kisilisab (Basilisk corruption Backwards)

Type: Poison/Dragon

Stats: 80(+20)/120(+35)/84(+15)/65/94(+15)/90(+10)

Abilities: Intimidate/Shed Skin/Unerve Pressure

New Movepool:
Added Moves: Dragon dance, Dragon Hammer, Psychic Fangs, U-turn, Draco Meteor, Scale Shot

Being Based on the Basilisk, the way it would evolve is based on the idea that Basilisk have a Petrifying Glare, so to evolve, you have to level up Arbok after Defeating a Paralyzed Opponent

:Arbok: -> Laztek (Corruption of Quetzal Backwards and a Corruption of Aztec)

Type: Poison/Fairy

Stats: 85(+25)/65(-20)/79(+10)/110(+45)/89(+10)/105(+25)

Abilities: Intimidate/Shed Skin/Unerve Misty Surge

New Movepool:
Added Moves: Nasty Plot, Moonblast, Flamethrower, Morning Sun, Earth Power, Focus Blast, Hyper Voice

This new form is Based on the Aztec God Qeatzocatl, the main reason why I decided to add the Fairy Type and make it more Special Based. It evolves when giving Arbok a Shiny Stone

Last edited:
rattata.gif

Name: Raticate-Unova
Height: 1.4 m
Weight: 20.4 kg
Typing: Normal/Poison
Abilities: Adaptability/Stench, *Hustle*
Stats:
HP: 55
Atk: 97
Def: 60
SpA: 30
SpD: 70
Spe: 101
New Moves: Agility, Recycle, Belch, Extreme Speed, Poison Fang, Poison Jab, Gunk Shot, Psychic Fangs, Brick Break, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Scale Shot, Acid, Poison Gas, Poison Tail, Coil (16)
Removed Moves: None

Competitive Description: Is a very strong wall breaker due to its high bp moves paired with Adaptability and Swords Dance. Due to its high power and decent speed, it is very frail, dying to even the weakest of hits. It also gets walled by steels if its not running brick break or stomping tantrum (both with a low 75 bp). It can also run a Coil set with Hustle but I wouldn't recommend it.

Flavor Description: This is based of those skinny rats that you find in NYC. Rats can live anywhere and usually dont smell too nice, hence it has stench and adaptability. It keeps its purple color from its Kantonian Rattata and is much skinnier and longer than Raticate. Name: Unovan regional form of Raticate

fearow (1).gif

Name: Beerow
Typing: Poison/Flying
Height: 1.3 m
Weight: 38.1 kg
Abilities: Oblivious, *Sniper*
Stats:
HP: 85
Atk: 120
Def: 75
SpA: 71
SpD: 81
Spe: 105
New Moves: Dizzy Punch, Cross Poison, Poison Jab, Toxic Spikes, Swords Dance, Brave Bird, Play Rough, Shadow Claw, Mean Look, X Scissor, Swords Dance, Belch, Stockpile, Swallow, Spit Up (15)
Flavor Description: This one is mostly a joke one. Its supposed to be a normal Fearow but drunk and holding a can of beer in his talons. And since alcohol is technically a poison, it gets the poison type. Name: Beer + Fearow
Competitive Description: Can run a normal Swords Dance set with its High Attack and Speed. It can also run a Focus Energy set using. Cross Poison and Drill Run, and maybe Shadow Claw.

fearow.gif

Name: Searow
Typing: Fire/Flying
Height: 1.6 m
Weight: 46.8 kg
Abilities: Keen Eye, *No Guard*
Stats:
HP: 71
Atk: 110
Def: 90
SpA: 110
SpD: 71
Spe: 85
New Moves: Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, WilloWisp, Flare Blitz, Blaze Kick, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Hurricane, Brave Bird, Beak Blast, Scorching Sands, Megahorn (12)
Flavor Description: Its whole body is engulfed in hot flames, similar to Moltres. The abilities of its previous forms have to do with great sight, so this Pokemon has the ability No Guard, allowing it to always land its hits. Name: Sear + Fearow
Competitive Description: Can be used as either a physical or a special set, although I recommend using a Special one more. It can run a dual dance set, with 100% accurate 110 bp STAB moves.

Mega_Arbok_V2_png.png

Art by @Kenzon#1674
Name: Phankyr
Type: Poison/Ghost
Height: 4.2 m
Weight: 5.0 kg
Ability: Disguise
Stats:
HP: 80
Atk: 120
Def: 69
SpA: 65
SpD: 89
Spe: 120
New Moves: Phantom Force, Poltergeist, Hex, Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, Knock Off, Taunt, Will-o-Wisp (8)
Flavor Description: Snakes shed their skin often; this Pokemon is actually not a true snake, it is snake skin possessed by the ghost of its former self. It reveals its true ghostly body when hit by an attack. Name: Phantom + Fakir
Competitive Description: This is a cool set up sweeper, but unlike most other set up sweepers, this can set up once with no drawbacks. Its best set is probably a Coil Set with Poltergeist and Gunk Shot.

arbok.gif

Soroboruo
Type: Poison
Height: 10.5 m
Weight: 195.0 kg
Abilities: Intimidate/Shed Skin *Berserk*
Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: 65
Def: 69
SpA: 120
SpD: 89
Spe: 100
New Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Earth Power, Power Gem, Surf, Nasty Plot
Flavor Description: Similar to Arbok, but is much bigger and much more dangerous. Or like how Paullux puts it:
Screenshot_20210602-220258_(1).png

Name: Ouroboros backwards
Competitive Description: Really strong special attacker, with both Berserk and Nasty Plot. With access to fire coverage, it is not walled by steels, and unlike Moltres-G, has somewhat reliable recovery with giga drain, potentially letting it set up multiple berserk boosts (you can also run stockpile + swallow to gain more boosts but if you do run this, you shouldnt be allowed to play mons).

Last edited:

Sneerow (Sneer + Sparrow)
Types:

Height: Same as Fearow
Weight: Same as Fearow
New Moves: Knock Off, Dark Pulse, Mean Look, Taunt, Lash Out, Sucker Punch, Foul Play, Parting Shot, Swords Dance (9)
Removed Moves: Tri Attack, Captivate, Double Edge, Echoed Voice, Secret Power, Take Down, Swift (7)
Abilities: Keen Eye | Intimidate
Stats: 85 / 110 / 90 / 71 / 91 / 90 (+20 Atk, +20 HP, +10 SpA, +25 Def, +30 SpDef, -10 Spe, 537 BST)
Flavor/Design: Evolves from Spearow that level up with the move Thief. Sneerow are very mean-spirited, and are often seen stealing food from people and Pokemon that they deem as lesser than themselves. The tip of its beak has a distinctive hook-like protrusion that not only makes holding onto prey easier, but it makes this Pokemon look like it's sneering at others.
Competitive Description: Basically a Flying-type Incineroar. A fast and bulky set-up sweeper or pivot that can also stall-break with Taunt. Knock Off is incredibly spammable, Sucker Punch for priority, and can pivot around with U-turn/Parting Shot + Intimidate, and can even prevent double-switching with Mean Look.

Edit: re-worked the stat spread because I forgot about the boost given to a two-stage Pokemon lol, and because it's stronger now Attack-wise, I'm changing its ability to something more fitting of a sneer.

Last edited:
Name: Raterror [Rat + Terror]
New Types:
/

Weight: 75.0 kg
Base Stats: 55 HP / 106 Attack / 80 Defense / 70 Sp. Atk / 50 Sp. Def / 127 Speed [BST: 488] (+0 HP / +25 Attack / +20 Defense / +20 Sp. Atk / -20 Sp. Def / +30 Speed)
Abilities: Intimidate/Anger Point (Hidden: Hustle)
New Moves: Poison Fang, Gunk Shot, Extreme Speed, Crush Claw (+4)
Removed Moves: Rest, Snore, Sleep Talk, Round (-4)
Design/Flavor: Based on the giant sewer rat myth; looks like a large purple Raticate that is so big it stands with a hunch. It fights with a fierceness rivaled only by Pokemon like Persian, Arbok and Nidoking. If it were an actual evolution, would evolve from Raticate when leveled up while badly poisoned.
Competitive Description: A fast physical sweeper focused on poison damage. Can also prevent toxic stalling unless faced with a Salazzle thanks to its typing, and gets new reliable STAB moves.

Name: Ratential [Rat + Potential]
New Types:
/

Weight: Same as Raticate
Base Stats: 55 HP / 71 Attack / 90 Defense / 100 Sp. Atk / 40 Sp. Def / 97 Speed [BST: 488] (+0 HP / -10 Attack / +30 Defense / +50 Sp. Atk / -30 Sp. Def / +0 Speed)
Abilities: No Guard/Flare Boost (Hidden: Hustle)
New Moves: Recover, Calm Mind, Aura Sphere, Hyper Voice, Focus Blast, Vacuum Wave (+6)
Removed Moves: Toxic, Rest, Uproar, Snore, Sleep Talk, Round (-6)
Design/Flavor: Looks like a bigger and longer Raticate whose fur has turned a deep red, though Raterror towers over it. Fights with a more calm and careful battle style. If it were an actual evolution, would evolve from Raticate when leveled up holding a Focus Sash.
Competitive Description: A special sweeper focused on no-miss attacks. Can also be run as a reliable stall mon now that it learns Recover alongside moves like Recover, Toxic and Substitute.
NOTE: I meant Protect, Toxic and Substitute, not Recover, Toxic and Substitute.

Last edited:

woo

You'll be UNDER MY WHEELS
is a Pre-Contributor

Name: Flyrow
Typing:

Height: 1.5 M
Weight: 15 KG
Abilities: Keen Eye / Gale Wings
Stats: 85 / 115 / 57 / 80 / 80 / 120

New Moves: Swords Dance, Air Slash, Wing Attack, Dual Wingbeat, Solar Beam
Flavor/Design: Flyrow is brighter, bigger and lighter than Fearow. Its body is so bright that the sunlight can pass through it.

Competitive Description: Swords Dance user that can run mixed sets.

Name: Norrow (Normal + Sparrow)
Typing:

Height: 1.1 M
Weight: 51 KG
Abilities: Keen Eye / Thick Fat / Normalize
Stats: 105 / 52 / 125 / 85 / 90 / 80

New Moves: Wish, Encore, Copycat, Calm Mind, Hyper Voice
Flavor/Design: Fearow that live on big cities are petted by the the people, because they are no longer dangerous. People give food to Fearow, and they become fatter and calmer. If they evolve while eating that type of food, they become Norrow, a fatter, smaller and darker Fearow.

Competitive Description: Physical Defensive Pokémon and Wish Passer.

:raticate:
Name: Rattageist (Rat + Poltergeist)
Typing: Normal / Ghost
Height: 2.4 M
Weight: 2 KG
Abilities: Run Away / Cursed Body / Prankster
Stats: 78 / 90 / 70 / 115 / 90 / 75

New Moves: Poltergeist, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Will-O-Wisp
Flavor/Design: Raticate died, and its soul now pranks the ones who are near it. It is invisible for all the people, but ghost and dark-type pokémon can see it. Competitive Description: Mixed funny prankster mon that can punish sweepers with will o wisp and destiny bond.

Name: Mousick (Mouse + Kick, also a corruption of music)
Typing: Normal / Fighting
Height: 1.5 M
Weight: 67 KG
Abilities: Run Away / Huge Power
Stats: 90 / 55 / 93 / 100 / 80 / 100

New Moves: Rolling Kick, Triple Kick, Mega Kick, Low Sweep, Hyper Voice, Echoed Voice, Snarl
Flavor/Design: This type of Pokémon is famous for both being a musician and a fighter. When it kicks something, sounds come out. When it sees something that scares it, Mousick starts kicking and screaming for help.
Competitive Description: Mixed attacker.

:arbok:
Name: Larok (Coral snake corruption backwards)
Typing: Poison / Fire
Height: Same as Arbok
Weight: 63 KG
Abilties: Poison Point / Shed Skin / Flame Body
Stats: 83 / 75 / 105 / 75 / 105 / 90

New Moves: Fire Lash, Ember, Fire Spin,Slack Off
Flavor/Design: This Arbok evolution is much less dangerous and intimidating, and it seems to just be dangerous when touched. Coral snakes are just dangerous when handled, so that's why i gave it both poison point and flame body.

Competitive Description: Bulky mon that can run defensive sets with rest + shed skin or slack off. It also can run a not too passive set with fire lash and it can be a trapper with fire spin + toxic.

:arbok:
Name: Notyp (Python corruption backwards)
Typing: Poison / Dragon
Height: 4.0 M
Weight 45 KG
Abilities: Intimidate / Marvel Scale / Multiscale
Stats: 75 / 108 / 75 / 100 / 85 / 100

New Moves: Scale Shot, Dragon Dance, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Breaking Swipe, Dragon Rush
Flavor/Design: Being more dangerous than Larok, Nypot strikes its enemies with its tail and fangs, no matter who is the enemy. It has a brown-ish color, and its scales are hard as rocks.

Last edited:

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
Most of this is a WIP, just wanted to get it posted real quick lol

Italicised = Moves added under the New Typing rule

:bw/Raticate:
:ss/Raticate:
Name: Ratidam
Typing: Normal/Water
Abilities: Strong Jaw/Guts/Hustle
Stats: 95/91/75/50/110/97 (BST: 518)

New Moves: Liquidation, Waterfall, Woodhammer, Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang (7)
Removed Moves: (0)
Flavour/Design: It's a beaver. WIP

Competitive Description: Ratidam has a few options to work with; Strong Jaw and Hustle both serve the same purpose, with Hustle making Ratidam less reliable while Strong Jaw affects fewer moves but doesn't lower their accuracy, and Guts is just Guts. It can run Swords Dance to set-up sweep or Choice Band/Life Orb to wallbreak as well, though its base Attack is slightly too low to wallbreak efficiently

:ss/raticate-alola:
Name: Ratichef
Typing: Normal/Fairy
Abilities: Triage/Sweet Veil/Ripen
Stats: 110/81/85/50/105/97 (BST: 518)

New Moves: Wish, Healing Wish, Soft-Boiled, Draining Kiss, Teatime, Stockpile, Swallow, Stuff Cheeks, Natural Gift (9)
Flavour/Design: Remy from hit Pixar movie Ratatouille is that you?? WIP

Competitive Description: A big bulky rat. Priority Wish/Soft Boiled is nice, so with that beefy 110 HP and access to U-turn Ratichef can function as a decent Wish-passer. Triage all but guarantees you'll be moving first when you click a healing move, which gives Ratichef the option to run Draining Kiss as well to potentially revenge kill. Its Special Defence is pretty alright as well, so it could potentially act as a special wall as well

:bw/Arbok:
:ss/Arbok:
Name: Reipev
Typing: Poison/Rock
Abilities: Rattled/Shed Skin/Prankster
Stats: 109/50/90/55/95/40

New Moves: Heal Bell, Bug Buzz, Rock Slide, Power Gem, Stealth Rock, Rock Tomb, Rock Throw, Smack Down, Rock Blast, Rock Tomb, Memento, Taunt (12)
Removed Moves: Coil, Sucker Punch (2)
Flavour/Design: Ekans' rattle becomes fully formed, now using it to warn enemies before it strikes. Although they move slowly, Reipev can strike at incredible speeds. I'll add more to this but I can't be bothered rn

Competitive Description: Reipev's niche lies in its access to Prankster Stealth Rock, giving it an edge over other entry hazard setters. Its job is to come in, set up rocks, cripple foes with Glare, Toxic, or Taunt, then switch out or use Memento. Additionally, it can choose to run Heal Bell to heal its teammates, Haze so it can soft check set-up sweepers, or Switcheroo/Disable to just generally be annoying

:bw/Fearow:
:ss/fearow:
Name: Soarow
Typing: Ice/Flying
Abilities: Slush Rush/Swift Swim
Stats: 65/90/90/111/86/100 (BST: 537)

New Moves: Blizzard, Freeze Dry, Hurricane, Calm Mind, Weather Ball, Air Slash (6)
Flavour/Design: Soarow are solitary birds, typically found circling tundra and snowy plains. They're said to be distant relatives to Articuno, though they bear more resemblance to Swanna, boasting beautiful white feathers that shine in the light. Don't be fooled by their appearance though; Soarow will violently lash out at anything they find in their territory

Competitive Description: With access to both Slush Rush + Blizzard and Swift Swim + Hurricane, Soarow can act as a Calm Mind sweeper for either Hail or Rain teams. It finds its niche in its high SpAtt and Speed, which makes it the fastest Slush Rush user and one of the strongest special attackers with Swift Swim/Slush Rush. Ice/Flying is still an awful typing though lol

:ss/fearow:
Name: Scarerow
Typing: Ghost/Flying
Abilities: Intimidate/Sniper
Stats: 110/110/145/91/61/50 (BST: 537)

New Moves: Parting Shot, Shadow Claw, Brave Bird, Shadow Sneak, Knock Off (5)
Removed Moves: Curse, Pursuit (2)
Flavour/Design: Bigger, scarier Fearow. WIP

Competitive Description: A physically bulky behemoth, with an abysmal SpDef but incredible Def and Att to make up for it. Intimidate synergises well with its role as a bulky pivot and physical wall, allowing it to weaken them for its teammates before pivoting out again. Access to Toxic and Knock Off is also nice, allowing it to be more disruptive to the opponent if it chooses

EDIT: Changed Soarow's HA from Snow Cloak to Swift Swim no this isn't an edit to the actual sub made during voting, the sub already had Swift Swim, but I forgot to add it to the list of abilities like an idiot

Last edited:
:Arbok:
Name: Abmam (Mamba backwards)
Typing: Poison/Dark
Abilities: Intimidate, Shed skin, Corrosion (HA)
Weight: same as Arbok (for grass knot, etc. damage calcs)
Stats:
Hp: 95
Atk: 69
Def: 80
sp atk: 60
sp def: 79
Speed: 65
(448)

New Moves: Knock off, Jaw lock(?) Recover (?), Swords dance (+4)
Removed moves: Wrap, Bind, Infestation (-3)
Flavor/Design: This species of Arbok developed a newer way of getting prey. Rather than constricting their prey, they simply bite them and follow at a distance, waiting for the prey to collapse from its deadly venom.

Competitive Description: Defensive Arbok. (i seem to have a thing for making defensive subs huh?) poison/dark is one of the best type combos with only one weakness, Corrosion + Jaw lock seems pretty good providing you can live long enough, but 65 base speed means it won't out speed many things. you can also use SD to avoid being really passive.

erraticate.png

Name: Erraticate (Raticate + Eradicate + Erratic)
Typing:
1622296964811.png
1622296974837.png

Height: 0.5m / 1'08"
Weight: 14kg / 30.8 lbs.
Abilities: Run Away / Guts / HA: Strong Jaw
Stats: 70/102/80/70/89/102 BST:513
New Moves: Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Psychic Fangs, Outrage, Dragon Tail, Breaking Swipe, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance (+4 and +5 Dragon moves)
Removed Moves: Shadow Ball, Zen Headbutt, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt (-4)
Flavor/Design: (Pokemon Sun and Moon) Some of the Rattatas and Raticates that lived on Verdant Cavern were taken by young inexperienced trainers through all of Alola, but at the Vast Poni Canyon Trial, those trainers saw that their now evolved Raticates weren't strong enough for the level of opponents they had, so they abandom them on those fateful caves. These heartbroken Raticates swore to become stronger, to show their true power. Years living here they ended up coexisting with the other kommo-o's, adapting their customs and getting filled with the infinity energy that dragons emanate, becoming dragons themselves. This process has made them lighter, on exchange of control over the Dragon type.

Competitive Description: Dragon Dancer with strong coverage options with the fangs, including hyper fang, that under Strong Jaw is a 120bp move, 180 considering STAB. Could still run the flame orb Guts set in order to boost a devastating Outrage or Double Edge.
Ratibreak.png

Name: Ratibreak (Raticate + Break)
Typing:
1622296964811.png
1622314870217.png

Height:
0.7m / 2'04"
Weight: 48.5kg / 106.9 lbs.
Abilities: Guts / Scrappy / HA: Full Metal Body
Stats: 89/102/70/102/70/80 BST:513

New Moves: Iron Head, Bullet Punch, Flash Cannon, Iron Defense, Autotomize, Close Combat, Focus Blast, Nasty Plot (+3 and +5 from Steel Type)
Removed Moves: Curse, U-Turn, Final Gambit (-3)
Flavor/Design: Ok it's just Raticate BREAK made pokemon, can't blame me.

Competitive Description: Mixed Attacker aided by Work Up, Psysical attacker aided by SD, Special Attacker aided by Nasty Plot, and all of them can get usefulness from Scrappy and FMB, Guts being Psysical ofc. Ratibreak is more simple and grounded, since it has a straightforward type movepool (Steel, Normal taking 2 spots already), U-turn is no longer an option and it preffers setup. Got to be careful with it's x4 weakness to fighting, watch out for those mach punches.
EDIT 1: Polished sprites

Last edited:
:bw/arbok:
Name: Adnocana (anaconda backwards)
Typing: Poison/Steel
Abilities: Merciless/Intimidate/ Technician (HA)
Weight: 85 kg
Stats: 100/115/103/65/84/75 (542 BST)

New Moves: Knock Off, Shore Up, Swords Dance, Toxic Thread, Head Smash, Iron Tail (+6)
Removed moves: Bind, Infestation, Switcheroo, Haze (-4)
Flavor/Design: metal snek

Competitive Description: Defensive Arbok with technician. aka Arbok but its actually a mon worth using. with a 4x resistance to fairy, it could certainly earn a spot in most people's teams. Shore Up give it nice recovery, and Knock Off is good because well its Knock Off.

:bw/arbok:
Name: Repiv (viper backwards)
Typing: Poison/Normal
Abilities: Defiant/Intimidate/ Sheer Force (HA)
Weight: 75 kg
Stats: 100/115/75/65/92/95 (542 BST)

New Moves: Knock Off, Slack Off, Swords Dance, Head Smash (+5)
Removed moves: Bind, Infestation, Switcheroo (-3)
Flavor/Design: even more of a normal snake

Competitive Description: sheer force attacker. it explains itself. tho its much more manageable than if it was a special attacker, due to not many physical moves getting boosted by sheer force. slack off gives it nice recovery, it has attacks with destructive power such as Gunk Shot and Body Slam, its main STAB moves, rock slide i guess, and the fang moves.

Ema Skye

Work!
Name: Raticlick
Typing: Normal/Electric
Height: same
Weight: 3kg
Abilities: Run Away / Electric Surge | Motor Drive
Stats: 50 / 50 / 50 / 106 / 50 / 107 [413 BST]

New Moves: Volt Switch, Charge, Conversion, Conversion 2, Reflect Type, Rising Voltage, Electroweb, Nuzzle
Removed Moves: none
Flavor/Design: It's a computer mouse! The tail's tip resembles a USB port so it can be plugged in.

Competitive Description: fast Electric breaker with a lot of coverage options to compensate for its frailty.

:fearow:
Name: Archarrow [archer + sparrow; which also contains arrow]
Typing: Ghost/Flying
Height: same
Weight: same
Abilities: Keen Eye / Sniper
Stats: 65 / 95 / 60 / 60 / 60 / 102

New Moves: Spirit Shackle, Swords Dance, Brave Bird, Poltergeist
Removed Moves: Throat Chop
Flavor/Design: It curves its wings to resemble a bow with its beak acting as the arrow.

Competitive Description: speedy birb with good stab combo

:swsh/raticate:
Name: Raterra
New Types:

Base Stats: 78 / 105 / 90 / 50 / 90 / 105 [BST: 518] (+23 HP / +24 Atk / +30 Def / +0 SpA / +20 SpD / +8 Spe)
Abilities: Guts, Tough Claws, Hustle
New Moves: Earthquake, High Horsepower, Spikes, Drill Run, Bone Rush, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Stealth Rock
Removed Moves:
Design:
Fur becomes a reddish brown, and the inside fur becomes the same shade as raticate’s fur. Teeth are both bigger and sharper, the ears each get an extra point, the tail becomes darker and thinner, and the claws become darker and sharper.
Role Justification: It’s a classic fast physical sweeper. Every ability focuses on physical attacks, with each having some type of drawback.
JavaScript:
raterra: {
    types:["Normal", "Ground"],
    species: "Raterra",
    id: "raterra",
    baseStats: {hp: 78, atk: 105, def: 90, spa: 50, spd: 90, spe: 105}
    abilities: {0: "Hustle"},
    weightkg: 18.5,
    fusion: ["Raticate", "Raticate"],
},
:swsh/raticate:
Name: Ratemporal
New Types:

Base Stats: 70 / 81 / 78 / 110 / 78 / 101 [BST: 518] (+15 HP / +0 Atk / +18 Def / +60 SpA / +8 SpD / +4 Spe)
Abilities: Quick Feet, Dazzling, Thick Fat
New Moves: Psychic, Psyshock, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot
Removed Moves: Giga Impact
Intended Role:
Role Justification:
JavaScript:
ratemporal: {
    types:["Normal", "Psychic"],
    species: "Ratemporal",
    id: "ratemporal",
    baseStats: {hp: 70, atk: 81, def: 78, spa: 110, spd: 78, spe: 101}
    abilities: {0: "Thick Fat"},
    weightkg: 18.5,
    fusion: ["Raticate", "Raticate"],
},
WIP

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
:raticate: > :unknown: or :unknown:
Name: Rataqua (Rat + aqua)
Typing:

Height: 1.2 meters
Weight: 35.2 kilograms
Abilities: Rain Dish / Swift Swim | Hustle
Stats: 70 HP / 101 Atk / 70 Def / 60 SpA / 120 SpD / 97 Speed (518 BST)

New Moves: Liquidation, Water Gun, Waterfall, Hydro Pump, Aqua Jet, Ice Beam, Ice Fang, Ice Punch
Flavor/Design: The four feet of Rataqua develops into webbed feet, allowing it to swim through rivers during hours. The back part of the fur become dark blue.

Competitive Description: Swift Swim user with great Special Bulk and Aqua Jet priority. Aqua Jet + Hustle can also be a powerful revenge killer, but can prove unreliable.

Name: Ratemal (Rat + corruption of Metal)
Typing:

Height: 1.0 meters
Weight: 42.2 kilograms
Abilities: Iron Barbs / Strong Jaw | Hustle
Stats: 70 HP / 111 Atk / 70 Def / 60 SpA / 90 SpD / 117 Speed (518 BST)

New Moves: Iron Head, Metal Claws, Bullet Punch, Psychic Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Flash Cannon, Steel Beam
Flavor/Design: The fur of Ratemal become as hard as metal, making it dangerous to touch. It can use the spiky fur to aggressively attach on a large predator like a durian.

Competitive Description: Strong Jaw abuser, with Psychic Fang useful to get rid of Fighting-types as soon as possible. Hustle can be used instead but not recommended.

:fearow: > :unknown: or :unknown:

Name: Winterow (Winter + sparrow)
Typing:

Height: 1.7 meters
Weight: 54.1 kilograms
Abilities: No Guard | Sniper
Stats: 75 HP / 115 Atk / 65 Def / 110 SpA / 62 SpD / 110 Speed (537 BST)

New Moves: Triple Axel, Icicle Crash, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Focus Blast, Close Combat, Hurricane, Brave Bird, Icy Wind
Flavor/Design: As Fearow evolves into Winterow, it become better prepared for winter, with sleek white feathers and icy blue diamond-shaped patterns.

Competitive Description: Basically a far better Ice / Flying Pokémon than Articuno and Delibird will ever be. While Ice / Flying is indeed a horrendous type combination thus needing Heavy-Duty Boots to avoid Stealth Rock damage, it is there to counterbalance its impressive attacking statline, with No Guard ensuring maximum rampage with Triple Axel and Drill Run for physical, and Blizzard, Hurricane, Heat Wave and Focus Blast for special. Sniper + Frost Breath is gimmicky but powerful, capable of ignoring Special Defense boost through Calm Mind, Cosmic Power, Light Screen or Aurora Veil, which is great for revenge
killing.

Name: Barbarrow (Barbaric + barb + arrow + sparrow)
Typing:

Height: 1.6 meters
Weight: 68 kilograms
Abilities: Poison Touch | Sniper
Stats: 75 HP / 115 Atk / 100 Def / 75 SpA / 72 SpD / 100 Speed (537 BST)

New Moves: Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Gunk Shot, Poison Jab, Brave Bird, Acid, Hurricane, Sludge Wave, Close Combat, Toxic (through level up), Whirlwind
Flavor/Design: As Fearow evolves into Barbarrow, the feathers become venomous and spiked, which can be used to set up siky traps as it sheds its wings. They also love getting into a fight with humans and Pokémon alike.

Competitive Description: Barbarrow is more oriented like a physical tank or wall depending on what the team needs more, with Defog enabling it to get rid of hazards with Heavy-Duty Boots. Poison Touch allows it to spread poison with some chance, though Toxic may be preferable. It can also set up Toxic Spikes and / or Spikes instead thanks to its high base Speed, though its low Special bulk will not make it too easy for it to perform its role(s).

:arbok: > :unknown: or :unknown:
Name: Napiat (Reverse of taipan, based of Inland Taipan)
Typing:

Height: 3.9 meters
Weight: 85 kilograms
Abilities: Intimidate / Shed Skin | Unnerve
Stats: 90 HP / 123 Atk / 80 Def / 75 SpA / 99 SpD / 76 Speed (543 BST)

New Moves: Toxic Spikes, Crunch, Brutal Swing, Agility, Acid, Acid Spray, Nasty Plot
Flavor/Design: Napiat has a semi-psychedelic pattern, with completely red eyes. The cobra-like hood become leaner, but a lot darker.

Competitive Description: With an impressive type combination of Poison / Dark making it weak to only Ground, Napiat serves as a bulky set up sweeper or stallbreaker with a combination of Intimidate and Coil. It can also fire a strong Sucker Punch STAB too!

Name: Sumredonex (Reverse of Xenodermus, aka Dragon Snake)
Typing:

Height: 5.9 meters
Weight: 100.4 kilograms
Abilities: Competitive / Shed Skin | Serene Grace
Stats: 90 HP / 95 Atk / 123 Def / 115 SpA / 79 SpD / 41 Speed (543 BST)

New Moves: Outrage, Acid, Acid Spray, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush, Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Recover, Nasty Plot
Flavor/Design: Gains a black diamond-shaped pattern on its back, and hood become sleeker and more flexible. The Pokémon also become a lot longer, similarly to a dragon snake.

Competitive Description: Physical wall variant can use Serene Grace to make a guaranteed Badly Poisoned through Poison Fang or high chance of normal Poison with Sludge Bomb, while also dealing reasonable damage at the same time, giving it an utility over other Toxic users. It can also be a special set-up wallbreaker, with Flamethrower / Fire Blast to break through most Steel-type.

Attachments

Last edited:
Raticar (Rat+Car)
Type: Normal/Steel
Height: Same as Raticate
Weight: 100 kilograms
Stats: 55 HP / 71 Attack / 60 Defense / 50 Special Attack / 60 Special Defense / 117 Speed
Abilities: Battery / Run Away / Heavy Metal
Moves:
Added: Steel Beam, Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Shift Gear, Gear Up, Heavy Slam, Iron Defense, Flame Charge
Removed: Fury Swipes, Flame Wheel, Stomping Tantrum, Sucker Punch, Throat Chop, Dig
Description: A car with Raticate' face, ears, and tail.
Competitive Analysis: A Shift Gear wallbreaker that is balanced out by a poor bulk and low attacking stat.

Name: Raticombat
Typing:

Height: Same as Raticate
Weight:
15.5 kg.
Abilities:
Reckless / Guts / Emergency Exit
Stats:
100/106/70/50/80/112 (+105) (518)

New Moves:
Close Combat, Flare Blitz
Removed Moves:
None
Flavor/Design:
A rat designed for close quarters.

Competitive Description:
Facade + Guts wallbreaker.
(W.I.P.)

bro torterra

Not even top 5
:fearow: :skarmory:
Stellow (wip name)

Type:
Normal/Steel
Height: 1.1 m
Weight: 52 kg
Abilities: Keen Eye | Prankster

Stats:
HP: 65 > 65 +0
Atk: 90 > 50 -40
Def: 65 > 75 +10
SpA: 61 > 77 +16
SpD: 61 > 75 +14
Spe: 100 > 100 +0

New Moves:
Autotomize, Iron Defense, Flash Cannon, Metal Sound, Spikes, Stealth Rock (+5)
Removed Moves:
Defog, Feather Dance, Fly, Sky Attack, Tailwind (-5)

Description:
Spearow goes for a more sturdy build when it evolves, but its steel wings are too heavy to stay flying, so it drops the flying type. Stellow is pretty weird, setting up hazards with prankster but also being (somewhat) offensive and fast. There isn't much you can do with a low BST and no minmaxing but Stellow is still pretty versatile.

Last edited:
Fearow's Evolutions:
Fearious
Typing: Ground/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye / Intimidate / Skill Link
HP-84
ATK-97
DEF-76
SP.ATK-63
SP.DEF-86
SPEED-102
BST-508
Moves learned: Dual Wingbeat, Triple Axel, Bone Rush, Triple Kick, Double Kick, Bullet Seed, Fury Swipes, Double Slap, Wing Attack, Hone Claws, Blaze Kick.
Fearious (keeping Fearow's "fear", and mixing in "vicious", as well as possibly "ferocious", beside the little play on "furious") has very long legs, wings, neck and beak, and walks around with its wings spread to intimidate opponents and assert dominance over them. It walks more than it flies, but is very capable of doing so. When in battle, Fearious rapidly moves its long, flexible neck back and forth, dealing flurries of attacks with its long, sharp beak, as well as sometimes using its strong legs to kick, and its large wings to slap and push its opponents away.
It uses those flurries of attacks to put up some pressure, and the intimidation can be very handy as well, in order to push opponents back, paired with its reasonable bulk. It is simple, but not unefficient at what it does. Just don't get too close and you're safe... just don't give it too much space, either.

Reaparow
Typing: Dark/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye / Intimidate / Sniper 68/117/71/73/63/116(508)
HP-68
ATK-117
DEF-71
SP.ATK-73
SP.DEF-63
SPEED-116
BST-508
Moves learned: Slash, Blaze Kick, Night Slash, Shadow Claw, Wing Attack, Dual Wingbeat, Sucker Punch, Beat Up, Brutal Swing, Lash Out.
With its long wings and even longer (not quite literaly, just proportionaly to Fearow, of course) beak, Reaparow (keeping the "sparrow" part -"row"- of its name from its pre evolutions, and "reap" for the first bit, as well as a bit of a play with "arrow" due to the shape and sharpness of its beak) glides high up, and when it spots its target, it dives right down and delivers a decisive blow with its sturdy beak, to either finish off its opponent or scratch it before flying back up and repeating the process. Its neck is long, but firm, so it can endure the recoil of its powerful blows.
It plays around being able to finish off opponents as quickly as possible, and is able to make use of critical hits to aid it in its role. Reaparow is straighfoward and simple, being fast and strong, but frail, despite having a small help with Intimidate. When playing with it, its best to wait for the right moment and strike.

Basically, the duality between them is simillar to urshifu - hitting multiple times, or one powerful blow. Still, they do have much in common - a somewhat aggressive, territorial nature, and a way of shooing opponents away as they attack.
1622662518607.png

:swsh/fearow:
Evolution Name: Storrow
Typing:

Base Stats: 90 HP / 110 Atk / 90 Def / 60 SpA / 85 SpD / 102 Spe [BST: 537] (+25 HP / +20 Atk / +25 Def / -1 SpA / +24 SpD / +2 Spe)
Abilities: Keen Eye | Magic Guard
Height: 5'4" | 1.6 m
Weight: 101.4 lbs. | 46.0 kg
New/Removed Moves: ( +3 / -3 )
Play Rough, Brave Bird / - Quick Attack - Sky Attack

Swords Dance / - Swagger
Intended Role: Setup Sweeper (Swords Dance) / Offensive Pivot (U-turn)
Role Justification: I imagine Storrow to play similarly to Moltres-Galar in the way that it sets up. It would setup with Swords Dance and use Brave Bird and Play Rough to punch holes through enemy teams. What makes Storrow work well is its Hidden Ability Magic Guard. Magic Guard synergizes well as it would first make it no longer weak to Stealth Rocks, second, allow it to take no recoil from Brave Bird, and third, make it immune to Rocky Helmet, Iron Barbs, and Rough Skin. Storrow also has a very niche coverage option through Drill Run that would allow it to cover its Steel and Poison-type weaknesses. It could also benefit from pairing with Magnezone through Magnet Pull's ability to trap Steel-types.
Fearow is most closely based on the anhinga, a semi-aquatic bird characterized by its long snake-like neck.
Anhinga Sanibel1.jpg

When Fearow evolves into Storrow, it evolves into another semi-aquatic bird, the stork. I chose to make it a Fairy-type as some storks have pink undertones in their beaks and legs that reminded me of Fairy-types. The pink undertones could also be further exaggerated through a Pokémon design. Magic Guard also fits flavorly with Fairy-types. Storrow's name is simply based on Stork+row (similar to Spearrow/Fearow to complete the row line).
45131341.jpg
https---cdn.cnn.com-cnnnext-dam-assets-200516180437-white-stork-file-restricted.jpg
stork.jpg copy.png
:swsh/fearow:
Evolution Name: Frigarow
Typing:

Base Stats: 105 HP / 90 Atk / 105 Def / 61 SpA / 95 SpD / 81 Spe [BST: 537] (+40 HP / +0 Atk / +40 Def / +0 SpA / +34 SpD / -19 Spe)
Abilities: Keen Eye | Justified
Height: 4'5" | 1.4 m
Weight: 121.3 lbs. | 55.0 kg
New/Removed Moves: ( +7 / -7 )
Close Combat, Body Press, Brave Bird, Dual-Wingbeat, Acrobatics, Knock Off / - Quick Attack - Sky Attack - Astonish - Aerial Ace - Take Down - False Swipe

Iron Defense / - Swagger
Intended Role: Tank
Role Justification: Frigarow could work as an offensive tank, with the opportunity to be an anti Knock Off Pokémon. With its new Hidden Ability Justified, it could switch in on potential Knock Offs and capitalize off of the Justified attack boost with Acrobatics. It also has the potential to set up with Curse/Iron Defense and take advantage of STAB Body Press. Frigarow also already has access to Roost and U-turn, which could also help it take on a defensive pivoting role.
As I mentioned in my Storrow flavor description, Fearow is most closely based on the semi-aquatic anhinga bird.
304386431.jpg

Frigarow is based on a related bird species in the same suliforme order as the anhinga, the frigatebird. Frigatebirds are also semi-aquatic birds, but something that makes them stand out from most birds is the bright red pouch on the necks of males in the species. Frigatebirds are also known as the "man-o-war" birds because they sometimes fight other birds until they regurgitate recently captured food, which the frigatebird then takes while in flight. This flavor and design potential made me interested in going down the Fighting/Flying-type route for Frigarow. Storrow and Frigarow, together, form a thematic duo and build off of Fearow's origin.
1200px-Fregata_magnificens_-_7.jpg
Magnificent-Frigatebird-Fregata-magnificens-female-Puerto-Pizarro-020.jpg
9e743f8f01e8bf4abd130ba35e299dac.jpg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)