BL discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
BL is already increasing in size and, at my opinion, becoming a mess. Here are all BL members, with my opinion:
Is he really broken? He is very frail and predictable. He sure is powerful, but not as powerful as Darmanitan and Alakazam. Also, the rest of his breathen barely pops in RU (okay, they do lack Close Combat). Still, I find he should be (temporary) allowed, as his ban is also kinda outdated.

It's kinda unknown wheather he is usefull or not, since he has been banned almost immediatly. I know he was uber previous gens, but he has been nerfed and there are several powerhouses that can mess with him easily. Again, this ban is kinda outdated.

He needs to stay in BL. No discussion possible.

I think this ban was a good one. He was quite a reliable summoner of permasand. Still, it's not 100% sure whether he's broken or not.

A mixed bag. He can summon permahail, and can abuse it somewhat decent, but isn't that great otherwise.

A good step to making UU, RU and NU weatherfree tiers, but this ban has been executed poorly. This also leads to Hippopotas being the only weather inducer in UU.

I know he is actually limbo (why?) but for me, he's BL. Which is fine as permasun would be rediculous in UU.

So what do you think?

Wobbuffet wasn't really nerfed. Encore not lasting as long is a bummer, but it still lasts long enough to give a sweeper a free turn to set up. Staraptor had great speed and coverage, and 2HKOed everything. Although, Darmanitan is certainly in a similar vein...

Staraptor wasn't immediately banned, but it was placed in BL very early in the banning process. I love the bird and I know it's a beast, but placing it back in UU for a bit could be good for it. Now that the meta has settled a bit and UU is established, I think Staraptor could get another chance.

That said, I also think it has a good chance of being banned after that. But it might not.

Wobbuffet wasn't really nerfed. Encore not lasting as long is a bummer, but it still lasts long enough to give a sweeper a free turn to set up. Staraptor had great speed and coverage, and 2HKOed everything. Although, Darmanitan is certainly in a similar vein...
Wobbuffet didn't even necessarily need to have long encores much as the point in using him was usually tickling then trapping whatever wall was in your way, at that time it was Chansey, leading to the Wobbtrio combo.

As for Staraptor other than being 5 base points faster, which is a pretty big deal, it has two STAB moves to abuse reckless with that minimized greatly the amount of things that could switch in to it - Flare Blitz is the main thing you'd have to worry about with Darm. Moreover, Darm is a hell of a lot more manageable thanks ironically to the existence of Victini in UU, bulky waters can handle Darm fine. Same couldn't be said too much about Staraptor since it has less things that could wall it, generally Rhyperior/Registeel but it had CC to damage them badly on the switch in.

Ok this pretty much seems to just be an attempt to get mons you want unbanned unbanned and not really a discussion at all. Not to mention you're misinformed about the nature of some of these bans. Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)