NOC Bigvivor Mafia Game Thread Day 5

hello I will read a bit maybe during twilight but rn I'm very overwhelmed with the length of this thread and trying to catch up and post insight feels like a lot honestly, especially with the time I have to commit. expect more activity from me as numbers dwindle. couple of notes I had from d1
- spiderz feels tonally weird in a way that's different from what I usually get from his town game, so I'm going to place a tentative vote spiderz
- psy is one where I'm like, yes they're new but they're trying to be as inoffensive as possible which I feel like is a new scum tactic tee bee eitch

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
How dare you slander me like this
Um, actually it's libel if it's written. Slander is only when it's audibly spoken.
hello I will read a bit maybe during twilight but rn I'm very overwhelmed with the length of this thread and trying to catch up and post insight feels like a lot honestly, especially with the time I have to commit. expect more activity from me as numbers dwindle. couple of notes I had from d1
- spiderz feels tonally weird in a way that's different from what I usually get from his town game, so I'm going to place a tentative vote spiderz
- psy is one where I'm like, yes they're new but they're trying to be as inoffensive as possible which I feel like is a new scum tactic tee bee eitch
Idk how to feel about this post. Can you elaborate what's different about Spiderz tonally?

on a computer, just going to let my hands warm up while i try to dispense thoughts rn

to me i think that, walking into this game after a while (my last town game was on mafia universe and i ended up townreading literally everyone in the playerlist LOL) it's lowkey hard to focus because i don't think i know how to deal with people that i'm unfamiliar with yet. even then, my last noc on this site was like... two years ago LOL and my towncore was literally just four people because i recognized them basically instantly. i think that's growing on the case in this playerlist too where a lot of my reads are kind of something i'm more or less "sure" or "boxing in for now" and i tend to hyperfocus on the people i already know (either played w or know more about) because that's... easier and more in tune with HOW i learned to read people when learning this game. but even then people like unclesam and realiti are posting basically completely differently than they had years ago so i don't think it works out for some people anymore.

and then i feel like nobody's really interacted with me or my posts so it's hard to get the real time i want cuz i'm mainly the one prodding in my interactions. literally nobody has asked me for a readslist or anything or have felt like they're coming to think about my alignment more than they should out of a few. tldr i'm more concerned about the thread swinging in a way that leads to consensus read apathy which is pretty dangerous come lategame

before i go into my next few topics, there's a lot of new players in this game - which is why i asked about experience. what people find "nervous" and "wishywashy" scummy is confusing because i don't think that's scum indicative. i think some other things are but they're more related to what you'd... expect? of someone that claims they'd played mafia for a small amount of time. idk if i just wanna straight out what this means yet but maybe it'll help me today to find intention so i'm gonna keep it boxed for now.

so this being relevant: i don't really see the dyo push rn? i don't like townread him, but ignoring the fact that drookez entered the thread 20 minutes after realiti voted dyo without warning and then left which is like... definitely a thing that happened LOL

realiti can you give some reasoning behind why u think dyo is scum besides ur readslist which is the only thing i can grasp abt it - what do you find scummy?

Whydon i think i asked this yesterday but i'll ask it again, what percents of your posts r serious?

Celever why did you suggest the day would end with dyo/haruno votes?
I do not really care about Dyo rn I was just sheeping whydon for fun and honestly I am a bit surprised and concerned that you could not identity that. Also I think I am obvtown but you do not see that which is also confusing, surely I would not nk hal because he is fun to play with + behavior.

Celever's response to my readslist was awful btw, not even OMGUS but it's clear that he shifted off his "nice guy" act once someone actually applied pressure on him and swept my readslist under the rug and moved on quickly.

Genuinely do not understand why we are voting either haruno or Texas, haruno is half trolling and Texas doesn't give a fuck about this game, I believe that pushing either of them here does not help generate content and lets people with actual bad content skate by (weren't like half of you guys sussing Dave, but nah let's push haruno)

the Sam/Yeti hydra is town from #1559. I will wait until Texas actually scumhunts to pass verdict but like, sometimes you just want to chill, have fun, and play but not really "play" forum mafia which is what Texas is doing and what I totally get.

on a computer, just going to let my hands warm up while i try to dispense thoughts rn

to me i think that, walking into this game after a while (my last town game was on mafia universe and i ended up townreading literally everyone in the playerlist LOL) it's lowkey hard to focus because i don't think i know how to deal with people that i'm unfamiliar with yet. even then, my last noc on this site was like... two years ago LOL and my towncore was literally just four people because i recognized them basically instantly. i think that's growing on the case in this playerlist too where a lot of my reads are kind of something i'm more or less "sure" or "boxing in for now" and i tend to hyperfocus on the people i already know (either played w or know more about) because that's... easier and more in tune with HOW i learned to read people when learning this game. but even then people like unclesam and realiti are posting basically completely differently than they had years ago so i don't think it works out for some people anymore.

and then i feel like nobody's really interacted with me or my posts so it's hard to get the real time i want cuz i'm mainly the one prodding in my interactions. literally nobody has asked me for a readslist or anything or have felt like they're coming to think about my alignment more than they should out of a few. tldr i'm more concerned about the thread swinging in a way that leads to consensus read apathy which is pretty dangerous come lategame

before i go into my next few topics, there's a lot of new players in this game - which is why i asked about experience. what people find "nervous" and "wishywashy" scummy is confusing because i don't think that's scum indicative. i think some other things are but they're more related to what you'd... expect? of someone that claims they'd played mafia for a small amount of time. idk if i just wanna straight out what this means yet but maybe it'll help me today to find intention so i'm gonna keep it boxed for now.

so this being relevant: i don't really see the dyo push rn? i don't like townread him, but ignoring the fact that drookez entered the thread 20 minutes after realiti voted dyo without warning and then left which is like... definitely a thing that happened LOL

realiti can you give some reasoning behind why u think dyo is scum besides ur readslist which is the only thing i can grasp abt it - what do you find scummy?

Whydon i think i asked this yesterday but i'll ask it again, what percents of your posts r serious?

Celever why did you suggest the day would end with dyo/haruno votes?
I don't think I am even posting differently it is just that I am spending less time actually trying to analyze every post and more of just trying to chill and read for fun while mentioning things if I really think it will help, on Day 1 literally nothing happened and it was boring af, tonally you can tell that I am town because as mafia I am more reserved and careful of what I say + post less. but again ppl here hate self-meta even though I would never be such a tryhard to use that to win a mafia game with no stakes on smogon, so I digress

Celever

i am town
Ok I need UncleSam to highlight times where I have buddied Texas and not himself. As far as I can remember I’ve lumped both together all game bc they’ve played the same before I went to sleep last night, including how Hal saw them and how I reacted to Hal’s readslist at start of D2. And Texas has legit never buddied me as far as I have noticed so this is a highly fabricated relationship. It was p stated why I chased Haruno out of Hal’s scumreads, and you can find it in D2 before your posts.

Nuxl so they would come in to defend themself. Whydon is never easing up on Dyo it seems so any info on either of them is good; Haruno is my personal vote so I wanted them to defend themself too.

realiti sorry you don’t think my reaction to your reads was nice, I legit found them funny :[

Celever

i am town
Texas and lessso Sam recently have been not very towny on their own so I get the seperate reads but they were grouped together for something other than that. I think?
Texas and Sam were, however, the two people Hal felt were likeliest to have sent the thread to Hydro and that’s where they became a bit of a distinct category of their own. DLE might have had an afterthought mention in that group, too. Idr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)