NOC Bigvivor Mafia Game Thread Day 5

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
i thought you checked one of tommy's setups (apparently not rewind at the time of this post) so i figured youd know his take on things like this which is why i didn't feel like you believed what you said there
i'm not sure i've even been active in a tommy NOC game and i certainly dont know his views on framers

regardless i don't hold that opinion currently but it was my gut reaction to the flip

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
and i havent looked at any of tommy's games as "research" or anything for this game; not sure where you had the idea i had
tommy hates putting certain things in his setups and i feel like he's discussed this with everyone who's discussed mafia setup theory w him

i could be misallocating "approved by dle" for that but if you no longer believe in it then whatever

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i havent played w you but i did read other nocs you were in! i asked because i don't know where your head is. it felt like you played your last game noc game here more noc-esque than this one so i was confused because looking over your posts you haven't... really established thoughts on people on d1. thought you were like one of the premier players before i came into the field so that behavior was pretty unusual to me. if your thought is this is a premier connection to hone in on, what do u make about the other wagons rn?

also i agreed that texas was off yesterday are you reading my posts LOL
How dare you slander me like this

The truth is that my impression of this game thus far is that most of the playerbase has been trolling and posting filler content. I get that that's kind of 'what people do' in NOCs but I try to make my posts count and generally think that spamming the thread with nonsense hurts town. I don't really believe in providing reads on every player any longer because A. that used to be how I tried to compensate for the lack of mechanics in old NOCs and it didn't really work (granted that was like 10 years ago but still) and B. it's just tiresome and boring and I end up providing shitty reads on half the playerbase after wasting an hour going back and forth on how I feel about 'the motivation behind' one-line troll posts.

My reads for today are basically that I am never hopping on an M2H or DLE wagon, and that I want to sort out the Texas / Celever vs. Haruno dynamic. The rest of what I'm seeing is practically noise and I'm doing my best to filter it out because it sure seems like a lot of people are trying to obfuscate things and create a lot of tension and dynamics to make it harder to focus on one or two important connections. To be clear I don't want to fully jeopardize the conversation, but I'd prefer if people tried to hone in on one or at most two things to push in the limited time we have so that we can get somewhere real and don't just end up randvoting.

Also if you think Texas is off why not hop on board with me so we can make him start posting :D

- Friendly neighborhood hydra

typing a bunch of thoughts right now

but Psypsypsypsypsythe - how comfortable do you feel NOW about playing than you did yesterday?
im actually feeling kind of stressed because i feel more or less unhelpful and i dont wanna let people down by not contributing enough but im struggling to figure out how to figure things out and there is SO much stuff being pushed and everyone makes pretty decent points so im just like omg who do i trust idk what to do and im just generally kind of scattered but im still having fun!

Nuxl

im actually feeling kind of stressed because i feel more or less unhelpful and i dont wanna let people down by not contributing enough but im struggling to figure out how to figure things out and there is SO much stuff being pushed and everyone makes pretty decent points so im just like omg who do i trust idk what to do and im just generally kind of scattered but im still having fun!
how much do you trust your own reads?

Nuxl

I originally had a lot more but I think for the conservation of "how I'm trying to read people", I'm just going to keep important parts short. Call me out if you think I'm wrong.

Wrt NKA: i think someone - or multiple people, were definitely threatened by hal. my initial read was texas just because i think he's probably the most aware of the intricacies behind his game between both alignments and hal's push was likely most threatening from his pov. i can see this extend to other users as well (sam/dle/haruno who might've been otherwise threatened by him) but i have a feeling hydrogen flipping town would've fucked up hal's priorities on this - the only things that he had stated in absence of the read was texas/haruno S and uh i don't think i can read haruno the player for shit rn but i liked some of his posts earlier so ya.

Weirdly enough I think if Texas flips scum he's probably the most "experienced" person on his team? I don't want to go into pre-flip but it means that the threadstate was bad for existing scum that they took out their greatest threat. There were other people that had harder, consensus TRs, and I think there was enough in thread dissent that hal's push might've not been followed enough - this means that hal's removal was worth sacrificing all of this potential in-thread chaos. I don't like the fact that people aren't really thinking about it since it's not necessarily true that he was a universal TR at the end of day 1 or anything, especially past the point of hydrogen literally flipping T.

-----

I think despite all that I'm not like UNCOMFORTABLE with the thread state or anything right now. I'll just out what I think about the moving state of the game. Overall, it does seem like a good portion of people itg are genuinely trying, which I think is better than what happened when I first entered the thread and saw posts. I think what I'm more concerned about is "what looks like coached posts" aka which new people have real thoughts versus sorting out people I feel good about, since I think picking the right people out from the former grouping is basically the make or break with this game considering the size and experience of the players involved.

I feel good at least about Spiderz, M2H, Celever, and Vizh currently. I would then have CB (personality read)/Haruno/Psy/Whydon right under, I think. It's Day 2 so I'm not going to overthink it currently.

Dyo feels either super awkward and doesn't know how to fit in with the thread or is getting coached like really poorly on his reads. I'm kind of going back on that since his entrance post was... not good but also he's not getting much help. I don't really mind the wagon itself but I do think it's really awkward how it started, so I'm not sure if that's my preferred lynch for today.

Any wagons on the following people are fine for me:

Texas is currently not towny when I've seen him reel it in before.

DLE's popins and contributions haven't been great based on what I've seen him in prior games as town.

Clouds feels like he has someone run through his larger posts before he posts them. Also there was an incident yesterday where I thought he didn't know what to post out of nervousness.

Drookez just felt opportunistic when Dyo wasn't really discussed at all yesterday as a vote outside of "vibes."

Nuxl

I originally had a lot more but I think for the conservation of "how I'm trying to read people", I'm just going to keep important parts short. Call me out if you think I'm wrong.

Wrt NKA: i think someone - or multiple people, were definitely threatened by hal. my initial read was texas just because i think he's probably the most aware of the intricacies behind his game between both alignments and hal's push was likely most threatening from his pov. i can see this extend to other users as well (sam/dle/haruno who might've been otherwise threatened by him) but i have a feeling hydrogen flipping town would've fucked up hal's priorities on this - the only things that he had stated in absence of the read was texas/haruno S and uh i don't think i can read haruno the player for shit rn but i liked some of his posts earlier so ya.

Weirdly enough I think if Texas flips scum he's probably the most "experienced" person on his team? I don't want to go into pre-flip but it means that the threadstate was bad for existing scum that they took out their greatest threat. There were other people that had harder, consensus TRs, and I think there was enough in thread dissent that hal's push might've not been followed enough - this means that hal's removal was worth sacrificing all of this potential in-thread chaos. I don't like the fact that people aren't really thinking about it since it's not necessarily true that he was a universal TR at the end of day 1 or anything, especially past the point of hydrogen literally flipping T.

-----

I think despite all that I'm not like UNCOMFORTABLE with the thread state or anything right now. I'll just out what I think about the moving state of the game. Overall, it does seem like a good portion of people itg are genuinely trying, which I think is better than what happened when I first entered the thread and saw posts. I think what I'm more concerned about is "what looks like coached posts" aka which new people have real thoughts versus sorting out people I feel good about, since I think picking the right people out from the former grouping is basically the make or break with this game considering the size and experience of the players involved.

I feel good at least about Spiderz, M2H, Celever, and Vizh currently. I would then have CB (personality read)/Haruno/Psy/Whydon right under, I think. It's Day 2 so I'm not going to overthink it currently.

Dyo feels either super awkward and doesn't know how to fit in with the thread or is getting coached like really poorly on his reads. I'm kind of going back on that since his entrance post was... not good but also he's not getting much help in the thread currently. I don't really mind the wagon itself but I do think it's really awkward how it started, so I'm not sure if that's my preferred lynch for today.

Any wagons on the following people are fine for me:

Texas is currently not towny when I've seen him reel it in before.

DLE's popins and contributions haven't been great based on what I've seen him in prior games as town.

Clouds feels like he has someone run through his larger posts before he posts them. Also there was an incident yesterday where I thought he didn't know what to post out of nervousness.

Drookez just felt opportunistic when Dyo wasn't really discussed at all yesterday as a vote outside of "vibes."
edit in bold

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)