Become a Star-ly Wi-Fi Tournament! Series 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, sign me on

Add this as First Prize or in some other categories:

♂ Adamant, Intimidate – 31/31/31/30/30/31 (OT)
Available with: 76 Hp, 252 Attack, 180 Speed
Moveset: Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Fire Fang

I read the post but due to severe lack of sleep I may have missed it, How long is round one going to last and when does it start?

Sign me up I guess.

So. Many. Replies. Ugh =P

Tangerine - Hope to see you in the next one!

Mini Guerra - Perfect :). I've added you. And I will edit in your prizes when I finish posting this. Thanks alot for the donation.

kingbattlus - You're entered and I'll send you another PM tomorrow night once Round 1 has been posted.

ambervoid - You're in of course ;).

Crunkking01 - You're in of course, and I'd rather avoid 'controversy' prizes lol so PM me the details if there is anything else you'd like to offer.

Epic 2sol - I'm glad you look forward to th next one, I look forward to seeing your trade thread and trading with you!

the Lexx - Oh well, I look forward to your participation in the next one!

Shinryu - Great, I'll update that after this humongous post.

Syberia - Don't take offense by not being on the list, it eally means nothing, of course you qualify to play and I already noted you down.

bobdigsea - sorry for the mistake.

SWChill - Glad you're playing :D.

Noodle - any teams are welcome, it's OU and below so whatever you decide to use is entirely up to you. I do want to promote originality, competitiveness but most of all FUN!

Frokko - I knew you'd be in but hadn't posted cause you were asleep ;).

Monty357 - Sorry but you don't have a trade thread so you cannot participate.

Thomaz - You're breeds aren't good enough... lol I was gonna make you play even if you didn't want to! =P

Davy - Perfect! It's all about having fun, so I'm glad you're playing, now convince forbidden please that this is a cut throat World Championship, just a fun tourney!

jimbo422 - You're in of course, matches start Sunday night/Monday and you will have one week (i.e up until next Sunday night to complete it).

negator - Great that you're playing, and please you decide how you want to give out such a prestigious Pokemon.

Vivi - Round one lasts 1 week starting from Sunday night, but no one is disqualified after losing Round 1, this isn't a Single Elmination tournament.

jonniewalkereal - You're in of course.

jonniewalkereal - Yeah, you have one week to do so starting Sunday night.

Vivi - I already put you down ;).

EVERYONE who posted before my last reply, and whom meet the requirements and asked to play is already noted down :D.

Cool...

Ok I'll wait to know who is my contender :)

Will be opened another thread or the match will be posted in the first page here?

P.S. This is my last question ehehe :D

K, I'll throw in a prize as well..not sure what yet though.

Also, just for clarification, does 'Self KO Clause mean only 1 Pokemon with Explosion/SelfDestruct is allowed, or that in a match if both players are down to their last Pokemon, if one uses Explosion and both die, the one using it loses?

Because on GFaqs it is the later so im not sure.

Hey can I join? And it's kinda weird Anti (who has like a million pokes) will always have permission to join. Don't you think the breeders/traders with the biggest thread will win because they have the best pokes? It's as simple as that. The fact that I don't have more that 1.5 box(es) of pokemon that are ready to battle doesn't mean I can battle, but it does mean I'll lose. And that's only because I don't have that much pokemon.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
It doesnt matter if they have the best pokes, but how they make use of them

Vivi - Self KO clause means exactly that Vivi, if the last Pokemon of any player uses Explosion/Self Destruct/Destiny Bond/Memento with their last Pokemon they automatically lose.

Shiny Crobat - read what johnXkid said. anyone with a trade thread has permission to join, but yeah if you have a good enough strategy, you wont be at a disadvantage.

And no you can't join since I couldn't find a trade threads of yours, sorry, but feel free to link me and prove me wrong so that you can play.

Soma - Yep you can, I'll add you right now.

Shiny Crobat - read my previous post I edited it. You guys posted at the same time as I was typing so that's why I didn't reply, and thanks for pointing that out, I forgot to include that in the rules.

Vivi - Self KO clause means exactly that Vivi, if the last Pokemon of any player uses Explosion/Self Destruct/Destiny Bond/Memento with their last Pokemon they automatically lose.

Shiny Crobat - read what johnXkid said. anyone with a trade thread has permission to join, but yeah if you have a good enough strategy, you wont be at a disadvantage.

And no you can't join since I couldn't find a trade threads of yours, sorry, but feel free to link me and prove me wrong so that you can play.
Well, strategies can only be created after analyses of the opponents team and are long term based.

About the pokemon part, I will be at a disadvantage if I play against an equal opponent with more pokemon.

I also don't really get the invitees part. Why invite people for this? Is this your own personal want list or something? And why is this only for people with trading threads?

Shiny Crobat - I wont go into a strategies debate because its pointless and completely opinionated.

The only way you can't be at a disadvantage as you said, is to allow the use of hacked Pokemo so everyone has access to the same things, but seeing how I (and Smogon) do not condone hacking, its not possible.

Invitees part are just recognized breeders by me, whom which I'd like them to participate and show off their Pokemon and also yeah a bit of a want lsit in terms of me wanting to battle them. It is completely bias and means nothing important.

Finally this is only for people with trading threads, so that like you mention, they have probably been trading here an they have a potentially good pool of Pokemon to make their choices. And since people with trade threads do not accept hacks, in a way I am making sure this is a hacked Pokemon-free event by only allowing traders to play.

Shiny Crobat - I wont go into a strategies debate because its pointless and completely opinionated.

The only way you can't be at a disadvantage as you said, is to allow the use of hacked Pokemo so everyone has access to the same things, but seeing how I (and Smogon) do not condone hacking, its not possible.

Invitees part are just recognized breeders by me, whom which I'd like them to participate and show off their Pokemon and also yeah a bit of a want lsit in terms of me wanting to battle them. It is completely bias and means nothing important.

Finally this is only for people with trading threads, so that like you mention, they have probably been trading here an they have a potentially good pool of Pokemon to make their choices. And since people with trade threads do not accept hacks, in a way I am making sure this is a hacked Pokemon-free event by only allowing traders to play.
I was just correcting you on the strategy part.

I wouldn't want people to use hacked pokemon, it's just that you have listed people that have good pokemon.

So you are telling me that this tournament is for you to play good BREEDERS. Your list also means 18 spots will be given away to people only you want to play against. I would have liked it if you just made the list without the reservated spots.

I had a thread once, so can I join?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)