Become a Star-ly Wi-Fi Tournament! Series 1 ROUND 6 PAIRINGS! Final Round!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could, but how do I decide that? It greatly alters the Top 8. I gave the win to Davy based on activity here and interest. Should I give it to John instead, and make sure he will agree to play the Top 8 seed if he makes it?

I hate the position EVERYONE who didn't complete a match put me in, I should not have to deal with this stuff when I'm dealing with the 'active' Wi-Fiers.

Any opinions are welcome.

Should I just flip a coin to decide Davy's and john's instead since that match will OBVIOUSLY not happen?
...You could always battle Goodbar to decide....

You have so many options, just pick one already....But yeah, if anyone, I think johnXkid should get my spot.

johnXkid said:
giving 616 the win reluctantly, too pre occupied to battle and wifi hasnt been working for me
That was from the last Round, and he didn't show interest this round either. If he's willing to fullfill the Top 8 battle if the result change changes things, I will grant him the win.

Again, no matter what option I choose or gets chosen, I'm the one who looks bad here, cause some people will unfairly be left out of the Top 8 who were keen on completing their matches.

EDIT: GoodBar - That's the thing, and it's something I included in my PM to Davy. People like you, Davy, forbidden, etc., can't possibly be battling for the prizes, since you guys have everything and more, I assumed you guys wanted to have fun at a nice tournament, but I was proved wrong many times by irresponsibility (in general not you guys in particular), and now people like sixonesix who are so excited about this and was hopeful to make it can't cause of all the weird matchups this Round specially, and the previous ones.

So how exactly can I make this right? I'm open to ALL suggestions.

Well technically it seems fairest to put john through, even though he hasn't made any effort to battle these past two rounds. I also think that if he decides to drop out or you decide to drop him out, you should just take your place if I lose, after all I'm sure you'd like to be in your own tourney :P. And then there's Gin who was butt raped by technicalities, but I don't think there's really a fair way to stick him in the top 8 lol. But you can't exactly say "you're out because you have made a lame effort to participate", unless its clear they will be negligent in the final rounds.

Clearly Davy is afraid to battle. ;D

Seriously though, Davy doesn't want to battle so give jon the win. If this is still a problem because jon doesn't seem able to battle then just bump the 9th player to the top 8. The exact same way you would do with a runner up.

The only thing that really matters right now is the outcome of Goodbar and Kara's battle. So we can see who lands in 9th.

I've IM'd John to post here tomorrow about the whole thing, if it helps. He's on the east coast though, and it's like 1:00 in the morning over there, so he won't be posting tonight lol. Hope it helps at least.

Clearly Davy is afraid to battle. ;D

Seriously though, Davy doesn't want to battle so give jon the win. If this is still a problem because jon doesn't seem able to battle then just bump the 9th player to the top 8. The exact same way you would do with a runner up.

The only thing that really matters right now is the outcome of Goodbar and Kara's battle. So we can see who lands in 9th.
Problem is the Top 8 is affected by whoever wins that match as well, the Davy vs johnXkid one, so how can I decide fairly how the Top 8 gets affected by either one? I made a decision previously. If peole actually bothered to do the battles, we'd be started with the Top 8 by now.

The kara-me battle is looking like its not gonna happen...I can only stay up another half hour and its not so easy to stay up this late anyways, lucky I don't have school anymore...I'll just hope for the best...

EDIT: well i'm out... =[

Problem is the Top 8 is affected by whoever wins that match as well, the Davy vs johnXkid one, so how can I decide fairly how the Top 8 gets affected by either one? I made a decision previously. If peole actually bothered to do the battles, we'd be started with the Top 8 by now.
That's not what I mean. Whoever faces each other in the top 8 isn't that important. I would say whoever is in the top 8 is more important. So if Goodbar wins and that puts him at 9th he get's the top spot that jon isn't taking and the same with kara. Since they can't battle toss a coin. Now drop jon out of the top 8 and move the 9th player up. No problem right?

I'm just anxious to see who I need to face as the orginal deadline was days ago.

goodbar wins.

I had like every possible bad thing happen.

Computers go down @ work, and I had to work later since the same people never called to say they weren't coming. In turn I have to fire them tomorrow. So I had to stay and extra 2 hours to fix comps, and then another hour to close.

Then I get home, and the router is not even working. So I can't get on. I just got it working, but goodbar is 4 hours ahead so its like 5am where he is, so that wouldn't be fair to him. So yeah give him the win.

I personally would like to compete in further tourneys, It just hit me at bad times this time around. I have had 1 opponent not show, then i win 2, wifi craps all over 2 of my other matches. With the time I put aside to battle it would be feasible to complete matches, but then something just comes and ruins things.

Thanks for the chances to play.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Defeated Negator 2-0 in a very good match, completly devoid of hax, etc. Looking forward to seeing in on Youtube or something eh? GG.

yep I will upload them all soon
shit
._. stupid speeds... :O
That was one of my funniest and nice match I guess, :O
I'm sad that wish blissey isn't there .-. and not any moltres, still, my pincushion has dones his job good... Now I'm sad for not full full SR in my team :/

Dang, looks like this tournament dragged on to long and people lost interest + wifi sucked, ruining many matches. Its been interesting reading but maybe the next series should be shorter or a different format? It sucks that the 'active' people don't even want to have one battle a week, its not as if its a battle every hour. If you 'dont feel like battling', why sign up to a tournament that you knew full well would last this long?

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
ill play this round if im given the oppurtunity. It's not really lack of interest at all. Im just busy with a lot of things, but ill promise to get my matches done

Crappy quality sunday <.< today Imovie (or me??? yep me =) is crazy... So, I'm fixing once again, if you want some music, pm me :P I'll edit this post with the final video xD

Dang, looks like this tournament dragged on to long and people lost interest + wifi sucked, ruining many matches. Its been interesting reading but maybe the next series should be shorter or a different format? It sucks that the 'active' people don't even want to have one battle a week, its not as if its a battle every hour. If you 'dont feel like battling', why sign up to a tournament that you knew full well would last this long?
THANK YOU! Maybe running it in Swiss was the problem, but I thought, since we are the active ones, I would personally hate just being left out by losing 1 Round, and I wated to enjoy more battles against different people I haven't had the chance to battle.

OK, here's what happens and Top 8 is posted after I make this post:

johnXkid vs Davy
Mr GoodBar vs Mini Guerra
negator vs Sunday

This thread can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)