Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
If, when breeding pokemon, I give each parent a different power item, will the offspring have both IV's? Is this also true for Gen IV games?
No and no. What will happen is that one of the two IV's will be randomly selected and passed down. The rest will just be generated normally.

No and no. What will happen is that one of the two IV's will be randomly selected and passed down. The rest will just be generated normally.
Is it possible for the other IV you wanted to pass down to be randomly selected and passed down?

If you breed a shiny pokemon with a japenese ditto (or another dif country mon) will the rate go up from the 2,000 sum method
Yes, if your other Pokemon is not from the same country Ditto was from. Shiny parents do not affect chances of shiny offspring though.

With Tri Attack, how exactly does the secondary effect work with Pokemon immune to one or more status conditions? I assume the mechanics are 20% chance of status, then 1/3 chance at each status. The question is, if the opponent has a Fire-type Pokemon that was Skill Swapped Limber, does my Tri Attack now have a 20% chance of Freeze, or is it still 6.67% chance for each (i.e. could the Pokemon still be burned or paralyzed and it would show up if I used Soak or Gastro Acid on it)?

This is only competitively relevant to Fire-types, and nobody really uses Tri Attack for the secondary effect, but I was just curious if anyone knew how these situations are handled by the game.

It's 6.67% chance for each that can affect the target. So if the target has Limber, then it's 6.67% for Freeze and 6.67% for Burn.

Having trouble connecting to Pokecheck, and the main site doesn't help much. I erased all of my connections and turned off all internet-using devices. This is so I'd only have one connection, and because it didn't work before when I had my computer on. So then I set the default connection to my home's SSID and WEP Key, then put in the primary DNS number on the site. I tested the connection, and it worked.
So then I go into the game and try to connect to the GTS. I get a three-bar signal for a few seconds, then it fails to go on Wi-Fi and gives me error code 52101 (put number down from memory). When I went back into Wi-Fi settings and tested the same connection again, it didn't work. What happened?

EDIT: Forgot to add this, I did create an account on the site before setting the connection up.

Quoting it so it don't get lost.

Is this the right place to ask this?

Competition

What do you guys think is a good tier to start in for someone fairly new to serious competitive battling? For BW

Do you say OU because there are fewer ways to successfully play whereas there is a lot more variety in the lower tiers?

Uber, imo its the most straightforward and and easiest to get good at
It may sound dull, but due the unbalanced uber meta there are a only a few viable options at hand.
The "staple build" which necessary not to get eaten alive consists of Kyogre, one or two Kyogre counter/checks like Palkia, Ferrothorn or Gastrodon, a Giratina to counter ExtremeKiller, and a spinner like Tentacruel and Forretress. That's team building in (very) short.
I wouldn't recommend to start with Uber too early because I think it stunts the ability to build a fair team. Both OU and UU are fairly balanced, NU and RU may be a bit too restrictive for new ones.

What is the best attacking type by means of super-effective coverage? And I say that, as some people would say Dragon because of it's almost perfect neutrality.

What is the best attacking type by means of super-effective coverage? And I say that, as some people would say Dragon because of it's almost perfect neutrality.
Well while dragon is great for neutral coverage, it contradicts your statement as well as it's super effective only on opposing dragons too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)