Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Holy hell, that's going to take forever to make top notch Pokémon. Is there any quick way to EV train in RBY?
Forever? c'mon, with Stadium's Game Boy tower at max speed battling 200-260 poke did not take more than an hour, as far as I remember. I maxed out my Mewtwo (to the point hte box trick did not change any stat) in less than a couple hours. It's not really that long of a job. And of course, start with the vitamins.

still, in DPP and HGSS ev training take less then 1 hour while on RBY take a lot more.

question:how much time until mence is kicked from the OU ladder on smogon server? sorry if someone asked already, this has being bothering for a while.

The Ruins of Alph forum is a little slow, so I think I might as well ask here. I'm making a RBY team for the Pokémon Stadium Stadium, and I'm really not sure what to use. Mewtwo is obvious, and even though there is no Baton Pass in RBY, I have an idea to work with, and I'll build a team from there.

Mewtwo
-Amnesia
-Barrier
-Recover
-Psychic

The idea is to switch Mewtwo in on a Psychic, Fighting, or maybe Poison type, boost to defend against the relative opponent, Recover when needed, and then sweep with +6 Spc +6 Def. I would probably use this with a quick Thunder Wave user like Electrode or Alakazam, and they could also use Flash or Kinesis respectively. Thoughts?

Also, how do you get the Dodrio tower? Because I thought I found a good Stadium guide but I attempted to unlock one of the "secrets" in the game and nothing happened so that guide isn't correct apparently.

been soft resetting this Aerodactyl for a bit.. didnt get a jolly one like i wanted for Stealth Rock Suicide lead, but i got this on my latest reset:

lvl 20 Aerodactyl

Naive (+ Spe , -SpD)
Likes to run.
Hp 67/67
Attk 52
Def 34
Sp. Attk 33
Sp. Def 31
Speed 69

Now it has a 30 IV in Speed which i know for sure. avg of 27 in hp and attack, 17 avg in def, 22 avg in SpA and like a avg of 2 in SpD. Wondering if i should keep and use as a stealth rock lead or just reset or use it for breeding one myself. What do you guys think? i feel that i def want 31 in speed so i dont lose against other Aerodactyl leads who might have the extra points higher in speed... and a Jolly one at that. not sure would appreciate some feedback on this.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I think you will need the extra speed IV, because a speed tie in an Aero vs. Aero start will determine who gets up rocks and who gets a useless lead, so it is probably worth breeding for the 31 IV, although I don't think nature makes much odds, so long as it is +Spd.

been soft resetting this Aerodactyl for a bit.. didnt get a jolly one like i wanted for Stealth Rock Suicide lead, but i got this on my latest reset:

lvl 20 Aerodactyl

Naive (+ Spe , -SpD)
Likes to run.
Hp 67/67
Attk 52
Def 34
Sp. Attk 33
Sp. Def 31
Speed 69

Now it has a 30 IV in Speed which i know for sure. avg of 27 in hp and attack, 17 avg in def, 22 avg in SpA and like a avg of 2 in SpD. Wondering if i should keep and use as a stealth rock lead or just reset or use it for breeding one myself. What do you guys think? i feel that i def want 31 in speed so i dont lose against other Aerodactyl leads who might have the extra points higher in speed... and a Jolly one at that. not sure would appreciate some feedback on this.
If there are two things absolutely essential to an Aerodactyl suicide lead, it's 31 Speed IV and +Spe nature that isn't Timid. If you really want, extra Attack doesn't hurt too, but don't be too concerned about HP, Def or SpD. Primarily, you're looking for this:

x/31/x/x/x/31

BurningMan

fueled by beer
The Ruins of Alph forum is a little slow, so I think I might as well ask here. I'm making a RBY team for the Pokémon Stadium Stadium, and I'm really not sure what to use. Mewtwo is obvious, and even though there is no Baton Pass in RBY, I have an idea to work with, and I'll build a team from there.

Mewtwo
-Amnesia
-Barrier
-Recover
-Psychic

The idea is to switch Mewtwo in on a Psychic, Fighting, or maybe Poison type, boost to defend against the relative opponent, Recover when needed, and then sweep with +6 Spc +6 Def. I would probably use this with a quick Thunder Wave user like Electrode or Alakazam, and they could also use Flash or Kinesis respectively. Thoughts?

Also, how do you get the Dodrio tower? Because I thought I found a good Stadium guide but I attempted to unlock one of the "secrets" in the game and nothing happened so that guide isn't correct apparently.
Afaik Dodrio tower is unlocked by beating the whole game on round 1 that means you neeed to complete the arena leader castle and the stadium in order to get the dodrio tower.

On Mewtwo i would go for
Psychic
Recover
Amnesia
+ extra coverage move

since there are alot more crits, that totally negate you def boosts, in rby compared to the following gens e.g. mewtwos crit chance is 25% for every hit.

im running with a Pineco right now. Should I switch out for a Scyther? Or stick with the Pineco? I'm in HG right now btw.

i want to get a scyther into a cool pokeball in my heartgold game.. is there really no other way to get a scyther other than the bug contest and breeding?

Can someone point me to the theread/article that had the top moves types on each tier I've seen it before but I can't seem to find

If there are two things absolutely essential to an Aerodactyl suicide lead, it's 31 Speed IV and +Spe nature that isn't Timid. If you really want, extra Attack doesn't hurt too, but don't be too concerned about HP, Def or SpD. Primarily, you're looking for this:

x/31/x/x/x/31
Great thanks for the feedback. Think id have better luck soft resetting some more or just saving this aerodactyl and breed it with my brreeding ditto (modest and perfect IVs)?

whats a good place to hatch an umbreon in heartgold.
cyclin road is good too if you are lazy (like me) and want to relax the thumb muscles on the way down. I also like to just cruise throughout Johto for a change of scenery. Erkuteak is decent as well.

Mariachi:

No. That's because the Flame Orb is an item, not a Fire-type attack: "When a fire-type attack that targets bearer ... is used by a non-bearer ... this ability is activated."

Instead of Charging in Guns Blazing, i'm gonna calmly ask
Why has Salamence been moved to Uber?

I'm asking because I've been battling on Pokemon Wifi for over 3 years and i've never found Salamence to be that much of a problem even after it gained Outrage

So what are Smogon's reasons for this weird move?

Instead of Charging in Guns Blazing, i'm gonna calmly ask
Why has Salamence been moved to Uber?

I'm asking because I've been battling on Pokemon Wifi for over 3 years and i've never found Salamence to be that much of a problem even after it gained Outrage

So what are Smogon's reasons for this weird move?
its stats are great and its movepool is big and its dragon type/flying?
ice beam is a good counter but its a really tough pokemon...

You're completely right, I'm sorry. It appears that the Bulbapedia descriptions and Smogon descriptions differ, if I'm reading the Smogon one correctly. I don't know which one is right, and I'm sorry for answering your question incorrectly. I'll try to find out, but we might just be reading the Smogon description wrong and the person who wrote it meant that it doubled the critical hit chance, or Bulbapedia could be wrong.

EDIT: Marriland seems to agree with bulbapedia, http://pokemon.marriland.com/hgss/pokedex/absol/, but veekun agrees with Smogon: http://veekun.com/dex/abilities/super%20luck. Now I'm really unsure, but I think that Smogon's description is probably the right one, as Bulbapedia is user-generated and thus prone to error, while Smogon's facts are checked. Also, it seems pretty easy to misunderstand raising the crit rate one level as doubling it, because until level 4, it is doubling the last level. But I don't know, so I'll see if I can PM a mod or something.
So are there any news for the detail of crit rates?

Also, i would like to ask a little about wi-fi battles. I'm using a stall walrein and somehow i could get myself to have around 3-4 heals per turn. I would like to ask will most people dislike this fact when battling because my friend told me the boredom of between turns will make them to leave. I admit that the time gap is annoying but that shouldn't be the reason i should remove the build. I personally thinks that there isn't any wrong for my Walrein and I took many time to breed and plan the build...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)