April Sprites: We did it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

In November 2000, Geller sued video game company Nintendo for £60 million (the equivalent of US $100 million) over the Pokémon character "Yungerer," localized in English as "Kadabra", which he claimed was an unauthorized appropriation of his identity.[79][80] The Pokémon in question has psychic abilities and carries a bent spoon. Geller also claimed that the star on Kadabra's forehead and the lightning patterns on its abdomen are symbolisms popular with the Waffen SS of Nazi Germany.[80] The katakana for the character's name, ユンゲラー, is visually similar to the transliteration of Geller's own name into Japanese (ユリゲラー). He is quoted as saying: "Nintendo turned me into an evil, occult Pokémon character. Nintendo stole my identity by using my name and my signature image." The lawsuit was thrown out of court.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
My true artist is starting to shine through
I will do the front of gyarados soon...

Edit: Finished front

So fierce
damn i was gonna suggest having red gyarados be default

i'll try my hand it this and post if there's anything reasonable

ok there's my first one

edit2:

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
lulz this is fun
Front..............Back

Front..............Back

Laptop touchpad + MS Paint = recipe for disaster so I'm done.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Boss. Looking forward to doing the back too.

edit:

edot2: Can we give Infernape + 20-30 base ATK / Sp.ATK on the day of? See if anyone figures out. lol

Just a spur-of-the-moment thing here, but we could throw those images on all the current analyses to follow suit with what's going on at Showdown. It would make it seem like the site's bandwidth (following suit with why this is going down on Showdown) is equally jeopardized. Just spitballin' here.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Could just ignore the ladder stats for the time frame of whenever the changes go through until when they're reverted.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Chou wins.

If you can void stat collection for a day, you might as well skew the stats a little bit. After all, people will surely be using weird stuff just to see what the sprites look like.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
proposing that anyone with an artist badge be disallowed from contributing as it defeats the purpose of crappy sprites. this is way too good chou, you're making everyone else look bad.
Truth to be told, some sprites, like Limi's, merit an Artist Badge, for real!

proposing that anyone with an artist badge be disallowed from contributing as it defeats the purpose of crappy sprites. this is way too good chou, you're making everyone else look bad.
Clearly my bulbasaur sprite was a masterpiece, oho! Also Layell, any reason we're not allowed to use .jpgs to ramp up the shittiness quotient a bit?

Edit: Non-transparent backgrounds, I know, but surely that's a benefit in this case!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Small reasons to be sure but:

Wynaut.png : 1.18 KB
Wynaut.jpg 4.15 KB

All files have to be .png or animated gif for PS

so if I save Wynaut.jpg back into a png it is: 10.7 KB

And to be fair the standard animated sprite is 36.6 KB

I just don't see the worth really in making some JPEGS, but I would perosonally prefer JPEGS as the exception rather than the rule.

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus

BELIEVE IT

ETA:

Konohagakure's gr8est warrior

(added back-sprite whiskers)

edit: reserved Togekiss too because why not

also thanks Lavos and Chou n__n

Edit 3:

&

togekiss is cute

i know you're joking, but i think the more good artists are participating in this, the better. even if individual bad sprites are funny, having 700 of them kinda gets old, so it's good to mix them up with some well-drawn, but ridiculous ones (like chou's).
Truth to be told, some sprites, like Limi's, merit an Artist Badge, for real!
i know you're joking, but no.
<_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)