April Sprites: We did it

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
With Pokemon Showdown our own little simulator I suggest that on April Fools Day we announce that Nintendo sent us some sort of cease and desist on using any of the sprites from the game and as a result we have had to put in 'placeholder art' which will range from really crappy art to messy sprites of the front and backsprite of every Pokemon. We would try to stay within the size limit of 96x96 pixels. Ideally one person does a front and back sprite.
This is still the reason for going ahead with this, right?

Someone should come up with an authentic cease & desist letter, though it should be viewable on PS! only, and it should be taken down immediately after April Fools. Don't want to stir the pot...

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
My true artist is starting to shine through
I will do the front of gyarados soon...

Edit: Finished front

So fierce

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If someone could draw a blonde girl yelling at someone for Exeggutor, that would be fantastic

Cyrrona

starlet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

this will also probably be my face on the day we switch back to normal sprites

EDIT:
jumpluff said:
It's my hope we can archive these on the site somewhere after the date (attributed, of course~), and I'd be willing to make the page myself if people want to help me upload them when the time comes. :)
:)))

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

YEAAAHHHH~~~~~ Fabulous~~~~

(working on the back)

My infernape idea is equally excellent.

Also, do my Palkia and Cloyster have to be pg13?

This is still the reason for going ahead with this, right?

Someone should come up with an authentic cease & desist letter, though it should be viewable on PS! only, and it should be taken down immediately after April Fools. Don't want to stir the pot...
I've seen about 40 of these it shouldn't be hard for me to crank one out before April 1st n.n

Thing is we have to wait on it because c&d letters are followed through with action very fast if you haven't gotten rid of what (in this case Nintendo / Game Freak) they want gone, so I'd say 10-14 days beforehand would be excellent timing.

NO c&d letter please come up with some other excuse
What other excuse could we use that doesn't sound like some website has a bug up their ass? Nintendo / Game Freak calling for a C&D is the perfect way to have this pulled off. If either of them really wanted Showdown to remove the sprites they would've done it by now, especially in the early days when Showdown was getting linked to on Facebook, Twitter, and even Reddit.

Posting to say this idea owns and I can't wait to claim and make some. Thanks for thinking of and organising a fun project for us all to do, Layell! (And for letting us doing it, aeo! <3)

this will also probably be my face on the day we switch back to normal sprites
It's my hope we can archive these on the site somewhere after the date (attributed, of course~), and I'd be willing to make the page myself if people want to help me upload them when the time comes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)