BW OU Apocalypse (Peaked #1)

This is a pretty decent team except for one thing. The problem with Terrakion is that he's OHKO'ed by Starmie. You should try Ferrothorn instead.
Rotom-W can take a hit and KO back with Volt Switch. Not a problem.

I don't know how else to respond to this...
rofl!

This is a nice team.
Something you could try is SD + u-turn Scizor. It seems a crazy idea, but it works. Early game you u-turn for scouting your opp reaction, extra hazards damage and bluffing the choice. Late game, in my experience, after you SD, the only attack you will be using is BP
SD + U-Turn Scizor sounds interesting I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the rate man.

No one runs Jolly Dragonite and Gyarados. But thanks for the suggestion. And Timid Dragonite? You do realize this is a physical attacker, right? And Timid Nature lowers Atk, right? All righty then. I do agree with Quick Attack over Rock Slide, I think that's what we had originally. But really? Timid Dragonite? Hard to take anything you say seriously, bro.
I meant to say Jolly Nature, there's no need to be an ass about it. How about you critique the team and not fault my rate? I don't see you offering anything besides bandwagoning. And whilst Jolly Dragonite isn't common, it will cause this team problems late game.

Anyway wanted to know whether Volt Switch actually OHKO's Terrakion after a Close COmbat?

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
I meant to say Jolly Nature, there's no need to be an ass about it. How about you critique the team and not fault my rate? I don't see you offering anything besides bandwagoning. And whilst Jolly Dragonite isn't common, it will cause this team problems late game.

Anyway wanted to know whether Volt Switch actually OHKO's Terrakion after a Close COmbat?
Yes it has a chance to OHKO if Rocks are up but not all the time 265-313 (81.76%-96.66%) worth of damage to Terrakion which isn't bad, it'll take it down more then 80% of the way, but Terrakion is causing a problem to the team MW wouldn't go for the Volt Switch but the Hydro Pump.

Hope this helped.

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Hi Mostwanted,

Incredible Team you got there, really. I didn't find major weaknesses for this Team and to be honest I don't have real suggestions, but I have a few. Rotom-W and Scizor can be tricky if Stealth Rock are up and I'm not sure you really need Gengar there. I know how Gengar is incredible and underrated but you don't have a Safe Switch for Volt Switch from Rotom-W. I saw you already tested Celebi, so I was gonna suggest Celebi instead of Gengar lol, but I have a better idea. You can try Latios instead of Gengar. Since you got a Non Weather Team (normal thing for an offensive Team like that), Latios helps you a lot against Rain and Sun Team. Problem there, Tyranitar. That's why I was gonna suggest you Celebi@U-Turn but not really sure Celebi is good for your Team. So with Spikes + Stealth Rock, I'm sure Latios@Life Orb or Expert Belt 2HKOes Tyranitar so try it. A Set with HP Fire / Psyshock / Surf and Draco Meteor seems good for your Team. Choose the Item, Expert Belt or Life Orb, both are good. If you want Recover, use it instead of Psyshock I guess. StarmieLO, Politoed and other things like that are really painfull, and Rotom-W can't take every hits, so Latios helps you a lot for that.
That's the only suggestion I have to be honest, using SDScizor is a really good idea because you need this BulkyScizor with Roost and you already have a Choice Band with Terrakion. I agree with MDragon, using U-Turn instead of Bug Bite is a really good idea, because your Team needs the SDSet, but needs U-Turn for keeping the pressure. In addition, you have the incredible duo Rotom-W/Scizor, and that works so well against Stall Team. Last thing, play safe with Rotom-W because it's an important member of your Team and since you don't have Pain Split because you're Scarfed (and that's the right Set for your Team) watch out about it's HP.

Latios @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power Fire
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf

Anyway, congratz about what you did with this Team and GL !

Hi Mostwanted,

Incredible Team you got there, really. I didn't find major weaknesses for this Team and to be honest I don't have real suggestions, but I have a few. Rotom-W and Scizor can be tricky if Stealth Rock are up and I'm not sure you really need Gengar there. I know how Gengar is incredible and underrated but you don't have a Safe Switch for Volt Switch from Rotom-W. I saw you already tested Celebi, so I was gonna suggest Celebi instead of Gengar lol, but I have a better idea. You can try Latios instead of Gengar. Since you got a Non Weather Team (normal thing for an offensive Team like that), Latios helps you a lot against Rain and Sun Team. Problem there, Tyranitar. That's why I was gonna suggest you Celebi@U-Turn but not really sure Celebi is good for your Team. So with Spikes + Stealth Rock, I'm sure Latios@Life Orb or Expert Belt 2HKOes Tyranitar so try it. A Set with HP Fire / Psyshock / Surf and Draco Meteor seems good for your Team. Choose the Item, Expert Belt or Life Orb, both are good. If you want Recover, use it instead of Psyshock I guess. StarmieLO, Politoed and other things like that are really painfull, and Rotom-W can't take every hits, so Latios helps you a lot for that.
That's the only suggestion I have to be honest, using SDScizor is a really good idea because you need this BulkyScizor with Roost and you already have a Choice Band with Terrakion. I agree with MDragon, using U-Turn instead of Bug Bite is a really good idea, because your Team needs the SDSet, but needs U-Turn for keeping the pressure. In addition, you have the incredible duo Rotom-W/Scizor, and that works so well against Stall Team. Last thing, play safe with Rotom-W because it's an important member of your Team and since you don't have Pain Split because you're Scarfed (and that's the right Set for your Team) watch out about it's HP.

Latios @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power Fire
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf

Anyway, congratz about what you did with this Team and GL !
yo, Latios sounds like a great idea, but lately Jirachi has been really annoying to this team. People like to run Fire Punch, U-turn, and weird shit on it. Jirachi literally pisses me off, with Latios added Jirachi becomes a huge threat once again so I think I'll pass on that for now. I'll be trying out several Jirachi counters like Heatran and such. Anyways, if you're open to any ideas regarding that please let me know. Thanks for the rate man!

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Psycho Boost
Psycho Boost is not so useful against so many specially defensive leads such as Politoed. Superpower would be better, because is OHKO on most of Tyranitar's variants and 2HKO on every Ferrothorn. Then, some HP EVs can be passed on Attack to boost Superpower (or on Special Attack to boost Psycho Boost), i use a Deoxys-S as lead, and it can't get two attacks (Focus Sash on the first, ko on the second, near always)

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Disable
- Substitute
Yeah, that works. Just an improvement: the only Normal-types usually seen are Blissey, Chansey and Snorlax, so Pain Split > Focus Blast works really well

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Hidden Power Ice, in my opinion, sucks. Go for HP Fire, or maybe Thunder (a dualstab, especially if you are scarfed, is always good)

Scizor (F) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
Iron Plate looks great, i'll try. Why this spread?
This team is amazing, i'm not surprised it is peaked #1.

Last: you don't have a spinner (don't use one), so, if Dragonite's Multiscale is failed, you are really weak to Sunny Teams. Gengar can be revengekilled by a Choice Scarf / Priority abuser, and then stop them won't be easy. Especially if you will give Thunder at Rotom-W, you are prepared for Baton Pass, Rain and Sand, though

This team is amazing, i'm not surprised it is peaked #1.

Last: you don't have a spinner (don't use one), so, if Dragonite's Multiscale is failed, you are really weak to Sunny Teams. Gengar can be revengekilled by a Choice Scarf / Priority abuser, and then stop them won't be easy. Especially if you will give Thunder at Rotom-W, you are prepared for Baton Pass, Rain and Sand, though
Thanks for the rate dude, but you do need to read the descriptions in order to understand why I chose that specific set.

I was pretty lucky to play with this team a while ago. Won me that 3rd war match vs gas :]
I'm not much of a rater so I can't really give you any improvements. I personally wouldn't use iron plate but it looks like it worked for you.

gj on #1 btw

lost that -31 at 1522 :[

I was pretty lucky to play with this team a while ago. Won me that 3rd war match vs gas :]
I'm not much of a rater so I can't really give you any improvements. I personally wouldn't use iron plate but it looks like it worked for you.

gj on #1 btw

lost that -31 at 1522 :[
Glad I helped. :]

Edit: I've tested Magic Coat and it went perfectly over Psycho Boost. Currently I'm still looking for the perfect evs for Deoxys-S (preferably bulky). If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi there,

Great team. Kinda was curious when you set all of the records on the PO server why you didn't come over and play here. Anyways, like I saw with Stone Cold's Reflections, this team is all over the ladder, like I play it every other match. One thing for the Deoxys spread is to try to put the Speed EVs into defense as long as the speed is at 449, which will let it outpace Scarf Rotom-W. Congrats on #1!

I get E-speed on Nite, I even get it with DD. But Mamoswine isn't seeing much play these days, as well as any other Ice sharders. I get that it's a good insurance to have on the team. but why not stick waterfall on him instead? It'll give you extra cover against the likes of Heatran so unless there's another huge spike in Mamos or (god forbid) Weaviles, Waterfall is the better option. Just a thought really, but your team is really solid. It does what it does, quick hazards, constant beatdown, Gengar as a fantastic spinblocker and Terrakion and Nite cleaning up!

Ima be perfectly blunt and to the point.

This team's success is because of your skill as a battler and NOT the team itself. It has some serious exploitable flaws. For starters, my gripe about this gen is weather. Your team is absolutely ass massacred by sun / chlorophyll, namely Venusuar, who 6-0s your team easily and not a soul on earth can do anything to stop it. He will come in and kill soemething, and you are forced to revenge with Scizor, who is easy for sun to switch into as every fire pokemon in their mother can switch into Scizor. I honestly have no idea how your team stands a prayer against sun offense (in the hands of a good player).

Also, your team doesn't appreciate starmie too much. Yeah, rotom can pressure it, but Starmie rips through everything else and will at least spin deoxys-S's hazards away. You lay hazards, you think your doing shit with 2 layers of spikes and SR, starmie comes in and you have to to switch to Gengar who just gets OHKOed by Hydro Pump.

Rain offense... I don't know how you beat that either. Specs Gastrodon takes full advantage of Rotom-W sucking it up and picks apart your team one by one. And with Stealth Rock down, Dragonite fails horribly as a Water resist. Sharpedo looks a like a dickface.. speed boosting on your mons to hell and back. Luckily Rain and Sun offense is becoming rarer, because I see instant loss against them.

Hey Everybody, I've tested the above suggestions and the thread is now up-to-date. Thanks for all the rates and if you guys have more suggestions don't be shy to post it.

Enjoy.

This isnt really a rate, more of me explaining how shocked I am, ( in a good way :') ) mainly for the fact that this team is rediculously similar to one of my old ones, it has the exact same pokes with a few small adjustments in movesets ( I ran CB Scizor and Superpower > Magic Coat + Sash > Rocky helmet + Max Speed and Atk on deoxys-S ) and I never came anything close to #1 with it, and I doubt those changes would have affected that, so congratulations on your success ( I guess this kinda backs up RaikouLovers point too I suppose ), but yeah, good look in the future and I look forward to seeing future ammendments to this team.

I've played this team more than once, and I must say it is one of the better offense teams out there.
Deoxys-S + Spinblocker has always been a favorite of mines, and your team executes it to the fullest. The type variety and coverage on this team is quite impressive and weaknesses are rather minor.

Look forward to playing you again-

Gyara eats this team alive without hopes at jolly +1 with rocks,just saying.It's faster than Rotom cause your set is modest,and nothing in this team can stop it.
Otherwise,awesome team.I really like your deoxys set and its been working most times,magic coat!

Hi there,

Great team. Kinda was curious when you set all of the records on the PO server why you didn't come over and play here. Anyways, like I saw with Stone Cold's Reflections, this team is all over the ladder, like I play it every other match. One thing for the Deoxys spread is to try to put the Speed EVs into defense as long as the speed is at 449, which will let it outpace Scarf Rotom-W. Congrats on #1!
yea man this shit is all over the ladder. Deoxys-S set has been updated and it provides more support than before.

I get E-speed on Nite, I even get it with DD. But Mamoswine isn't seeing much play these days, as well as any other Ice sharders. I get that it's a good insurance to have on the team. but why not stick waterfall on him instead? It'll give you extra cover against the likes of Heatran so unless there's another huge spike in Mamos or (god forbid) Weaviles, Waterfall is the better option. Just a thought really, but your team is really solid. It does what it does, quick hazards, constant beatdown, Gengar as a fantastic spinblocker and Terrakion and Nite cleaning up!
Extremespeed is a must on Dragonite, it serves many roles, as a revenger, sweeper and etc. It helps a lot while facing sun teams and shit. Overall thanks for the rate.

Ima be perfectly blunt and to the point.

This team's success is because of your skill as a battler and NOT the team itself. It has some serious exploitable flaws. For starters, my gripe about this gen is weather. Your team is absolutely ass massacred by sun / chlorophyll, namely Venusuar, who 6-0s your team easily and not a soul on earth can do anything to stop it. He will come in and kill soemething, and you are forced to revenge with Scizor, who is easy for sun to switch into as every fire pokemon in their mother can switch into Scizor. I honestly have no idea how your team stands a prayer against sun offense (in the hands of a good player).

Also, your team doesn't appreciate starmie too much. Yeah, rotom can pressure it, but Starmie rips through everything else and will at least spin deoxys-S's hazards away. You lay hazards, you think your doing shit with 2 layers of spikes and SR, starmie comes in and you have to to switch to Gengar who just gets OHKOed by Hydro Pump.

Rain offense... I don't know how you beat that either. Specs Gastrodon takes full advantage of Rotom-W sucking it up and picks apart your team one by one. And with Stealth Rock down, Dragonite fails horribly as a Water resist. Sharpedo looks a like a dickface.. speed boosting on your mons to hell and back. Luckily Rain and Sun offense is becoming rarer, because I see instant loss against them.
Hello, I appreciate your rate but if you don't actually know how to play the game why play it then? You obviously sounds like you have no clue how HO works. Sun is a threat but not a major issue. Starmie is annoying but can be taken down if played smart. Tbh I've never had issues with Rain Offense. If you would like to see any of the replays of my matches, PM me and I'll send them to you.

This isnt really a rate, more of me explaining how shocked I am, ( in a good way :') ) mainly for the fact that this team is rediculously similar to one of my old ones, it has the exact same pokes with a few small adjustments in movesets ( I ran CB Scizor and Superpower > Magic Coat + Sash > Rocky helmet + Max Speed and Atk on deoxys-S ) and I never came anything close to #1 with it, and I doubt those changes would have affected that, so congratulations on your success ( I guess this kinda backs up RaikouLovers point too I suppose ), but yeah, good look in the future and I look forward to seeing future ammendments to this team.
Thanks for the rate Thepain.

I've played this team more than once, and I must say it is one of the better offense teams out there.
Deoxys-S + Spinblocker has always been a favorite of mines, and your team executes it to the fullest. The type variety and coverage on this team is quite impressive and weaknesses are rather minor.

Look forward to playing you again-
yea bro I do remember playing your annoying yet effective Hail Stall, thanks for the rate.

Gyara eats this team alive without hopes at jolly +1 with rocks,just saying.It's faster than Rotom cause your set is modest,and nothing in this team can stop it.
Otherwise,awesome team.I really like your deoxys set and its been working most times,magic coat!
Gyarados can't touch this team. You've to play smart in order to beat that big bitch. Tbh it hasn't been a big threat to me so far, so I won't worry about it.

Nice team. I tested it out, and got pretty high. By the way, what do you do against quagsire. It seemed to sweep your whole team, when I was battling. No one can hit it super effectively, and other moves due grimsley damage to it. Other than that, nice team.

Bulky Volcarona in the sun looks like it could cause some problems. I think I swept somebody using your team with it. It sets up on Scizor/Gengar/Rotom-W and Terrakion can kinda counter it but doesnt like boosted Fiery Dances. If multiscale is down on your nite you could be in for some trouble. And after that with everything weakened, something like a venusaur can come in and just finish everything off. Maybe you could use Scarf Terrakion to outspeed modest Venu in the sun.

Nice team. I tested it out, and got pretty high. By the way, what do you do against quagsire. It seemed to sweep your whole team, when I was battling. No one can hit it super effectively, and other moves due grimsley damage to it. Other than that, nice team.
Entry hazards help a lot against Quagsire, Terrakion can OHKO it after the damage. Gengar can beat Quagsire, Rotom-W can trick or Hydro Pump for score. If it's running Curse set it could be a threat, trick is your best option there.

Bulky Volcarona in the sun looks like it could cause some problems. I think I swept somebody using your team with it. It sets up on Scizor/Gengar/Rotom-W and Terrakion can kinda counter it but doesnt like boosted Fiery Dances. If multiscale is down on your nite you could be in for some trouble. And after that with everything weakened, something like a venusaur can come in and just finish everything off. Maybe you could use Scarf Terrakion to outspeed modest Venu in the sun.
Volcarona is another huge threat, it likes to pack weird Hidden Powers which can potentially do some harm to this team. The best plan against it would be to keep the hazards up, try to keep Dragonite's multiscale active if not Extremespeed OHKOS after the hazard damage. Scarf Terrakion sounds good but I need it's sheer power to destroy other big threats.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Congrats to your success, MostWanted!! Just like X5Dragon's team, you thrived with something less mainstream than Dual Screen Deoxys + 5 Set-Up Sweepers, so it's quite enlightening :d. Thanks for sharing your love!

I can see how Jirachi can be annoying without a really effective mon to absorb paralysis, and Fire Punch can put an end to Scizor. You can try Occa Berry on Scizor for this reason, and it also helps saves Scizor when it gets hit by a surprise HP Fire from Latios / Latias. Occa is cool, b/c people rely on HP Fire Latias / Latios / Celebi to break the Volt-Turn combination. With SR support and a taste of U-turn, they wont be around to stop Rotom-W :d.

However, I am pretty sure that you've tested Occa before, and end up preferring the 20% oomph of Iron Plate. In that case, the best thing you can do against Fire Punch Jirachi is let Rotom-W take the paralysis and weather Jirachi's hits. It sucks that you lose out on Rotom-W's revenge-killing prowess, but you still have plenty of priorities to go around. Also, Tricking Jirachi helps ALOT, because it can't paraflinch or pass Wishes in one sitting, making it MUCH less annoying, and may even be set-up bait for Scizor and Dragonite.

If Volcarona's a problem, you may possibly want to swap the roles between Dragonite and Terrakion - CB Dragonite & Double Dance or SubDance Terrakion. What this accomplishes, is that it provides Dragonite's ExtremeSpeed the power that it needs to check these threats much more easily. Since you seem to rely on Dragonite's ExtremeSpeed to check things, the CB boost may possibly help.

I understand that it's probably not the ideal switch. Terrakion is much more difficult to set up than Dragonite, and you just can't spam Dragonite's STAB move like you can spam Terrakion's STAB moves. CB ExtremeSpeed is useful, though, so it probably wont hurt to try (and to surprise people lol). CB Nite is fierce in its own right, dishing +1 hits from the get-go, so it is by no means shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)