Ladder Anything Goes

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Idea: the biggest worry to Geoxern after setup is Espeed (besides things it can't OHKO), so would it make sense to put EVs in Defense instead of HP to take those Espeeds better?

Idea: the biggest worry to Geoxern after setup is Espeed (besides things it can't OHKO), so would it make sense to put EVs in Defense instead of HP to take those Espeeds better?
I'm not sure about everybody else, but I already do this since any special attacker can be OHKO'ed by a GeoXern running all of the appropriate coverage outside of perhaps MegaGar, which can be 2HKO'ed by Moonblast.

Last edited:
The benefit in using Regirock is that Power Tricking it gives it the same insanely high Defense it normally has, and unlike Shuckle it will still have passable Defense after Power Trick. Though on second thought, Mega Aggron seems like the better choice.

Last edited:

Adeleine

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not sure about everybody else, but I already do this sicne any special attacker can be OHKO'ed by a GeoXern running all of the appropriate coverage outside of perhaps MegaGar, which can be 2HKO'ed by Moonblast.
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 288-339 (109.9 - 129.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gengar: 334-394 (103 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
The benefit in using Regirock is that Power Tricking it gives it the same insanely high Defense it normally has, and unlike Shuckle it will still have passable Defense after Power Trick. Though on second thought, Mega Aggron seems like the better choice.
Since apparently you can baton pass Power Trick, I see where you're coming from. However, that Smeargle set has too much difficulty setting up power trick and minimize and shift gear, especially when you don't have Spore or Protect to get free turns. I'm afraid to say that your setup isn't really viable. A Smeargle set that would work better for you would be:
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moody
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Shell Smash / Double Team / Magic Coat

Spore isn't necessarily obligatory on Smeargle, but how useful it is at getting free turns (especially important with Moody) make it a premier option on basically any set Smeargle will try to run. Baton Pass is obvious. For the third slot, Protect is generally the preferred option to stack up Moody boosts. Running two boosting moves on Smeargle is really risky, since its only a matter of time and luck before something breaks your 1% remaining HP and kills you, but Protect lets you boost via Moody without having to worry about being attacked. For the final slot, you can use your boosting move of choice. Shell Smash is the most popular option because it boosts both attack stats by twice as much as Shift Gear does, it gives you greater flexibility in recipients because Special Attack is boosted as well, and when you have a bunch of speed and evasion boosts the defense drops aren't that harmful. Double Team is solid as well, but is best passed to bulkier recipients. A more niche option to consider is Magic Coat, which bounces back Taunt (which makes Smeargle dead weight).

And while I see what you're doing, I don't exactly see why you should. Regirock is a rather inferior option, especially since you are further testing your luck by using Power Trick. There are recipients superior to Regirock and don't need Power Trick. A great utility option is Diancie-Mega, which bounces back Whirlwind/Roar, is immune to Dragon Tail, and bounces back Swagger from the Keys (which can really screws you up if it hits and you have a bunch of attack boosts up, because you'll do a ton of damage to yourself in confusion. If Klefki finds space to use Substitute on other recipients, good luck.) It also boasts strong offenses, and has usable bulk and speed. Rayquaza-Mega is another solid option, as it can hold items (like leftovers and lum berry), has ridiculous offenses, ok bulk and great defensive typing with Delta Stream active, and a great variety of attack options.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
As TheHungrySage said Zygarde Perfect Form can be spamed with variations in item (Lo,Scarf.specs,band),so it'll be kinda Op right?So isnt that obvious that gamefreak will make it have Dragon/Ground(or any other type giving it a 4x weakness) so it can be worn down with ice priority move and if its not a mon with 4x weak to some type then how can you guys think of wearing it down?

EDIT:I know its very quick to ask about the Z-Perfect form but i really want to know what you all guys think

Adeleine

As TheHungrySage said Zygarde Perfect Form can be spamed with variations in item (Lo,Scarf.specs,band),so it'll be kinda Op right?So isnt that obvious that gamefreak will make it have Dragon/Ground(or any other type giving it a 4x weakness) so it can be worn down with ice priority move and if its not a mon with 4x weak to some type then how can you guys think of wearing it down?

EDIT:I know its very quick to ask about the Z-Perfect form but i really want to know what you all guys think
Maybe, but we have no idea whether it will be Op, and its not obvious that game freak will give it a 4x weaknesses (and you never know it could get something like delta stream). And besides there are very few decent ice shard users in AG. Honestly we don't even know that it won't require its own item, and it may like Groudon and Kyogre Primal do. HunterStorm really just assumed it would be able to hold its own item (which is one of the problems when trying to theorymon something we know very little about; assumptions)
I mean, we don't know anything that will happen, which makes good theorymonning pretty impossible. GF could pull a Garchomp-Mega and drop its speed, which would suck and make it outsped by basically everything viable with good offenses. They could make its defenses unimpressive and not give it anything like Delta Stream. Unless it gets crazy good bulk, it should be able to be worn down just like Rayquaza-Mega is; faster priority, entry hazards, faster priority, taking attacks on the switch, being outsped and hit, etc. But really, who knows?

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Maybe, but we have no idea whether it will be Op, and its not obvious that game freak will give it a 4x weaknesses (and you never know it could get something like delta stream). And besides there are very few decent ice shard users in AG. Honestly we don't even know that it won't require its own item, and it may like Groudon and Kyogre Primal do.
I mean, we don't know anything that will happen, which makes good theorymonning pretty impossible. GF could pull a Garchomp-Mega and drop its speed, which would suck and make it outsped by basically everything viable with good offenses. They could make its defenses unimpressive and not give it anything like Delta Stream. Unless it gets crazy good bulk, it should be able to be worn down just like Rayquaza-Mega is; faster priority, entry hazards, faster priority, taking attacks on the switch, being outsped and hit, etc. But really, who knows?
Yeah it can be like Gira-o with orb,but as it can but as it's spammable i don't think delta stream will be a possible ability,it'll just make it more powerful

Adeleine

Yeah it can be like Gira-o with orb,but as it can but as it's spammable i don't think delta stream will be a possible ability,it'll just make it more powerful
We don't even know that it will be spammable. I mean, kyurem-b and kyurem-w aren't. Again, while it certainly may be spammable, there's not enough that we know about Zygarde-Complete to effectively theorymon regarding it.

Adeleine

for the record there is literally no reason to use Protect over Spiky Shield, they're functionally exactly the same except spiky inflicts 1/8 damage on contact. King's shield is debatable because it doesn't block status, etc.
Huh, didn't know Spiky blocked status (and Bulbapedia agrees with you). But yeah, I did forget that; you'll usually be wanting to run KS (but Spiky isn't too bad)

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Power Trick
- Shift Gear
- Double Team
- Baton Pass

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge

This gimmick may take a while to set up and is completely ripped apart by No Guard, but it's extremely satisfying when pulled off
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 288-339 (109.9 - 129.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gengar: 334-394 (103 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Since apparently you can baton pass Power Trick, I see where you're coming from. However, that Smeargle set has too much difficulty setting up power trick and minimize and shift gear, especially when you don't have Spore or Protect to get free turns. I'm afraid to say that your setup isn't really viable. A Smeargle set that would work better for you would be:
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Shell Smash / Double Team / Magic Coat

Spore isn't necessarily obligatory on Smeargle, but how useful it is at getting free turns (especially important with Moody) make it a premier option on basically any set Smeargle will try to run. Baton Pass is obvious. For the third slot, Protect is generally the preferred option to stack up Moody boosts. Running two boosting moves on Smeargle is really risky, since its only a matter of time and luck before something breaks your 1% remaining HP and kills you, but Protect lets you boost via Moody without having to worry about being attacked. For the final slot, you can use your boosting move of choice. Shell Smash is the most popular option because it boosts both attack stats by twice as much as Shift Gear does, it gives you greater flexibility in recipients because Special Attack is boosted as well, and when you have a bunch of speed and evasion boosts the defense drops aren't that harmful. Double Team is solid as well, but is best passed to bulkier recipients. A more niche option to consider is Magic Coat, which bounces back Taunt (which makes Smeargle dead weight).

And while I see what you're doing, I don't exactly see why you should. Regirock is a rather inferior option, especially since you are further testing your luck by using Power Trick. There are recipients superior to Regirock and don't need Power Trick. A great utility option is Diancie-Mega, which bounces back Whirlwind/Roar, is immune to Dragon Tail, and bounces back Swagger from the Keys (which can really screws you up if it hits and you have a bunch of attack boosts up, because you'll do a ton of damage to yourself in confusion. If Klefki finds space to use Substitute on other recipients, good luck.) It also boasts strong offenses, and has usable bulk and speed. Rayquaza-Mega is another solid option, as it can hold items (like leftovers and lum berry), has ridiculous offenses, ok bulk and great defensive typing with Delta Stream active, and a great variety of attack options.
Why are you guys running double team? Ever heard of minimize?

Adeleine

What do you guys think would be a better nature for Choice Band Mega Rayquaza; Adamant or Jolly? Adamant (which I recently switched to) obviously gives more power and does things like guaranteed OHKO Pogre without Rocks, but Jolly prevents 50/50 speed ties with other Mray and lets you outspeed the occasional Mdiancie (Adamant is outsped) and kill it with Waterfall.

I prefer Adamant nature on Choice Band M-Ray over Jolly nature because of the guaranteed KOs it is able to provide :

1. 252 Atk Choice Band Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 322-379 (84.5 - 99.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 354-417 (92.9 - 109.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

2. +1 252 Atk Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 238-282 (47.3 - 56%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 262-309 (52 - 61.4%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

However, if you don't mind the roll on the Ekiller, which is pretty much in your favour unless its some bulky adamant E-killer
[+1 252 Atk Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 322-379 (77.9 - 91.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock]
and if you can guarantee SR, Jolly is pretty much the better Nature.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion

I should be studying, but whatever.
I thought I'd make a post on really really niche checks for Darkrai in AG, since I know many people have trouble with it.
Again, it's probably better to use Pokémon such as Mega Diancie, but why not try really unique stuff.
Disclaimer: This stuff is usually outclassed, but if you're bored..

Ninjask @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 112 Atk / 240 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

The objective of this set is to basically come in on Darkrai, be able to function whether awake or asleep, and pivot out regardless of whether it stays in or not. It works surprisingly well due to the expectation of Baton Pass, and therefore Darkrai users aren't fearful of it. This set would straight up lose to Thunder coverage Darkrai (on a successful predict), but luckily that doesn't exist in AG. The EVs are rough, but provide a few things. The first is outspeeding Mewtwo/Mega Gengar/Darkrai/Shaymin-S as 156 Speed EVs puts Ninjask at 395. The attack enables the OHKO on standard Darkrai, however more Attack can be invested to OHKO the bulkier sets that are surfacing within the metagame. The reason I have so much invested into SpD is so Ninjask can survive an LO Pulse which is the main threat, assuming they Pulse instead of Void, which is an extremely risky play regardless. This set is mainly a Darkrai check, but also deals major damage to Mewtwo and acts as a basic fast pivot if needed.

Also before someone asks me again, there's only two moves so it's a guaranteed U-turn when asleep.

112+ Atk Choice Band Ninjask U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 282-332 (100.3 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
112+ Atk Choice Band Ninjask U-turn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mewtwo: 278-330 (78.7 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 240 SpD Ninjask: 162-192 (61.5 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 240 SpD Ninjask: 211-250 (80.2 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 108 SpA / 152 SpD / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Snore
- Filler
- Filler

This set abuses Mega Gardevoir's high SpA stat along with its ability in Pixilate and access to Sound-based moves. Snore is evidently to hit Substitute Darkrai while asleep, as well as not worrying about the physically Defensive sets that were listed above. This set is extremely useful against Darkrai and Yveltal, as proven by the below calcs. The EVs (yet again rough, I don't have access to my teambuilder atm) are used for a few things. One, guaranteed OHKO on Darkrai behind Sub and to pick up the guaranteed OHKO on Tank Yveltal. The Speed is to outspeed Modest Life Orb Attacker Yveltal, Modest Max Speed Xerneas, e.t.c. The SpD is just for added bulk since it wasn't needed elsewhere. Potential fillers include Psyshock, Thunder, e.t.c.

108+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Snore vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Darkrai: 282-332 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
108+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Yveltal: 464-548 (101.9 - 120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
108+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 24 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 470-554 (117.7 - 138.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 152 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 93-111 (33.5 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 152 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 172-203 (62 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 152 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 182-216 (65.7 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Insomniacs
Pokémon with sleep immunities are often viewed as poor Darkrai checks, however with correct usage, can be seen as major threats to Darkrai. Ariados in particular, has web setting capabilities, which enable Darkrai to become less of a problem late game. This is assuming Ariados can force Darkrai out, otherwise Ariados often has to rely on Megahorn hitting or another poor damaging attack. Primeape can be scarfed to check Darkrai, however is quite frail in general. Also, being locked into Close Combat with setup sweepers Mega Rayquaza and Xerneas existing means you're gonna have a bad time. Magmortar is a unique option, as it has sufficient bulk and a decent array of attacks. Magmortar can use an Assault Vest to further increase its bulk to a point where multiple Darkrai have trouble threatening it. Other notable mentions include Banette, Slurpuff, Electivire and Honchkrow. Mega Mewtwo Y wasn't niche enough to be listed here.

Others
There are a variety of weird and uncanny ways to check any Pokémon in the Anything Goes metagame. This is only further exaggerated with Darkrai since the removal of the Sleep Clause makes it such an unstoppable force without a dedicated check, or priority-driven Hyper Offensive teams. Some users have found use in Magic Guard Clefable with Flame/Toxic Orb to be a nice check however it doesn't appreciate Sludge Bomb Darkrai much. Blissey is bulky enough to take on Coverage Darkrai sets as well as Taunt Darkrai if paired with something that can absorb a Pulse well. Sylveon uses a similar set to the above listed Mega Gardevoir, however doesn't take up a mega slot. Sylveon is in general much more useless against other foes.

I thought I'd make a post on really really niche checks for Darkrai in AG, since I know many people have trouble with it.
Again, it's probably better to use Pokémon such as Mega Diancie, but why not try really unique stuff.

Ninjask @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

The objective of this set is to basically come in on Darkrai, be able to function whether awake or asleep, and pivot out regardless of whether it stays in or not. It works surprisingly well due to the expectation of Baton Pass, and therefore Darkrai users aren't fearful of it. This set would straight up lose to Thunder coverage Darkrai (on a successful predict), but luckily that doesn't exist in AG. The EVs are rough, but provide a few things. The first is outspeeding Mewtwo/Mega Gengar/Darkrai/Shaymin-S as 156 Speed EVs puts Ninjask at 395. The attack enables the OHKO on standard Darkrai, however more Attack can be invested to OHKO the bulkier sets that are surfacing within the metagame. The reason I have so much invested into SpD is so Ninjask can survive an LO Pulse which is the main threat, assuming they Pulse instead of Void, which is an extremely risky play regardless. This set is mainly a Darkrai check, but also deals major damage to Mewtwo and acts as a basic fast pivot if needed.

Also before someone asks me again, there's only two moves so it's a guaranteed U-turn when asleep.

112+ Atk Choice Band Ninjask U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 282-332 (100.3 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
112+ Atk Choice Band Ninjask U-turn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mewtwo: 278-330 (78.7 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 240 SpD Ninjask: 162-192 (61.5 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 240 SpD Ninjask: 211-250 (80.2 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Snore
- Filler
- Filler

This set abuses Mega Gardevoir's high SpA stat along with its ability in Pixilate and access to Sound-based moves. Snore is evidently to hit Substitute Darkrai while asleep, as well as not worrying about the physically Defensive sets that were listed above. This set is extremely useful against Darkrai and Yveltal, as proven by the below calcs. The EVs (yet again rough, I don't have access to my teambuilder atm) are used for a few things. One, guaranteed OHKO on Darkrai behind Sub and to pick up the guaranteed OHKO on Tank Yveltal. The Speed is to outspeed Modest Life Orb Attacker Yveltal, Modest Max Speed Xerneas, e.t.c. The SpD is just for added bulk since it wasn't needed elsewhere. Potential fillers include Psyshock, Thunder, e.t.c.

108+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Snore vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Darkrai: 282-332 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
108+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Yveltal: 464-548 (101.9 - 120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
108+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 24 HP / 0 SpD Yveltal: 470-554 (117.7 - 138.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 152 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 93-111 (33.5 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 152 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 172-203 (62 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 152 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 182-216 (65.7 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Insomniacs
Pokémon with sleep immunities are often viewed as poor Darkrai checks, however with correct usage, can be seen as major threats to Darkrai. Ariados in particular, has web setting capabilities, which enable Darkrai to become less of a problem late game. This is assuming Ariados can force Darkrai out, otherwise Ariados often has to rely on Megahorn hitting or another poor damaging attack. Primeape can be scarfed to check Darkrai, however is quite frail in general. Also, being locked into Close Combat with setup sweepers Mega Rayquaza and Xerneas existing means you're gonna have a bad time. Magmortar is a unique option, as it has sufficient bulk and a decent array of attacks. Magmortar can use an Assault Vest to further increase its bulk to a point where multiple Darkrai have trouble threatening it. Other notable mentions include Banette, Slurpuff, Electivire and Honchkrow. Mega Mewtwo Y wasn't niche enough to be listed here.

Others
There are a variety of weird and uncanny ways to check any Pokémon in the Anything Goes metagame. This is only further exaggerated with Darkrai since the removal of the Sleep Clause makes it such an unstoppable force without a dedicated check, or priority-driven Hyper Offensive teams. Some users have found use in Magic Guard Clefable with Flame/Toxic Orb to be a nice check however it doesn't appreciate Sludge Bomb Darkrai much. Blissey is bulky enough to take on Coverage Darkrai sets as well as Taunt Darkrai if paired with something that can absorb a Pulse well. Sylveon uses a similar set to the above listed Mega Gardevoir, however doesn't take up a mega slot. Sylveon is in general much more useless against other foes.
Trust Goose to make unique, clever and bad sets. The issue I have with both of the sets is that they're still quite circumstantial. Ninjask can come in on rocks and die to d pulse whereas Mgardevoir dies to sludge bomb + d pulse after rocks (and the obvious wasted mega slot)
Magmar is theoretically very nice as a rai/xern check, but the lack of recovery and rocks weakness is very easy to exploit. Most other sets mentioned aren't very good and are aimed specifically at checking rai, which they might not be able to do, either

Adeleine

A "fun" 242 turn against stall in the 1800s. Clefable and my new addition, Arceus-Steel, really put in work. As did Band Megaquaza, until Dragon Ascent PP ran out. Netted 2 important kills with it before that happened though. Really shows how stall poses a challenge even to balance; I was able to break him, but far from easily.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-345076825

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mq

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
Other notable mentions include Banette, Slurpuff, Electivire and Honchkrow.
tbh Electivire is really nice, maybe better than Magmortar. It does have lower spdef, but significantly higher attack so you don't have to invest in much in attack to OHKO Darkrai.
248 HP / 232 Attack / 28 SpDef with Adamant and Assault Vest guarantees the OHKO on min defense Darkrai while only being 4hkoed by non LO dark pulse. You could invest more attack to ohko Darkrai with bulk i guess, but since Darkrai still only 4hkos, its a hard counter either way.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Ninjask @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Snore
- Filler
- Filler

Insomniacs

Others
Only zangooser spends his time writing a massive post about a ton of total shitmons then actually talks about clefable and blissey at the end but then u realize it's magic guard flame orb

I haven't tried it, but on paper RestTalk CM Arceus-Fairy is a decent wincon that'd do well against Darkrai and isn't deadweight against everything else.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Well, you may think its good but it still lose to taunt darkrai +you waste 2 important move slot + in most scenarios your opponent (whoever) wont not do darkrai(his) vs your fairyceus as he may fear the DV miss

Well, you may think its good but it still lose to taunt darkrai +you waste 2 important move slot
Wasting 2 moveslots isn't really true, you're only wasting one moveslot since you'd be running Recover anyway, and that lost moveslot is usually something like WoW or Earth Power. Giving up coverage or status for Toxic immunity and beating Darkrai seems like a fair tradeoff to me.

You do lose to Taunt, sure, but Darkrai has a lot of ways getting around its checks anyway. Blissey/Chansey lose to Taunt as well, Sleep Talk Scarvers don't like switching in on Sub or on an attack, Fairies don't enjoy Sludge Bomb, Diancie has no recovery and can be worn down (and Focus Blast 3HKOs), etc. I daresay CM RestTalk Arceus doesn't fare worse than these, while checking more stuff as well and being a decent wincon.

+ in most scenarios your opponent (whoever) wont not do darkrai(his) vs your fairyceus as he may fear the DV miss
I think that's not a negative but positive point then? You scare it off successfully.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)