Anyone here play World of Warcraft?

I just got started into WoW, and I'm really hoping I don't become a compulsive player. My current character is a Night Elf Druid, but since I just bought the game, I'm going to make a Blood Elf Mage and Troll Rogue as some alts.

I have a Warlock/Shammy both 70 in Alliance faction in Wildhammer. Recently got all my equips/gold hacked so i quit =(

My friend got me into WoW. I'm on this supposedly RPing server (because she was on it, because her boyfriend was on it, not my fault) but no one uses it for RPing anymore. I kind of wish I was on a PVP server sometimes but I don't know if I could take seeing names like FiReBiRd777 every other character.

My brother and I share an account. He's a 23 BE rouge, I'm a 24 NE rouge. His guildies take him on instance runs all the time so he has the better gear and levels up faster, but I actually know how to play and make my own gold. I have to teach him everything because he's fucking stupid and can't figure out anything for himself. Today I had to thoroughly explain the concept of soulbound items at least twice. I don't know how he'll make it through high school.

User sanjay, do not insult those of us who do not understand the concept of soulbound items. They are inherently confusing.

I'm pretty upset that I can't mail items from my Alliance alt to my Horde alt. My dreams of having a lvl 19 Undead Rogue twink for PvP are shot because I can't use my awesome daggers that I picked up from rare drops as a Druid. And I sodon't want to play as a Night Elf again. I've seriously been through Teldrassil three times already.

What's the best way to socialize and level up on a free trial when you're a NE rogue?

I played it tons and found 70% of my time wasted on sneaking around.. frickin' cool though ;d

I really do enjoy WoW, but my friends made it difficult for me to stick with. I got a mage up to level 28, but then they switched servers. So, I got a lock up to 50. And then everyone decided to roll Alliance instead. I didn't mind to much, and ended up rolling Druid and he is now at lvl 66.

And NOW, none of my friends play anymore. So I think what I'll do is wait until after WotLK comes out. By then, the rush to 80 should be hushed down a bit, and I won't have to worry about gearing up from BC instances. Since it will all get replaced anyway. Also, Druids are getting some sick stuff in WotLK, and Death Knights seem soooo fun to use.

I play on Warsong server, name is Deku. (Alliance). My server blows dick though (filled with foreigners) so I will probably transfer when I start playing again.

User sanjay, do not insult those of us who do not understand the concept of soulbound items. They are inherently confusing.
Unless I'm misunderstanding them myself, they're not confusing at all. There is no way to transfer a soulbound item to another player. Some become soulbound when you equip them and others when you pick them up. There's a little message that tells you what will happen.

My brother no longer sucks and is doing pretty well for himself. He started when I was level 24 and is now 35 while I'm 27, which shows you how much dedication I have.

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
night elves? I hate all of you.

any horde-side who are willing to transfer, you will find a great home with us

so my friend finally convinced me to start playing WoW (second week of college too, what perfect timing - _-) and i think i could get into it.

started yesterday, i'm playing as a dwarf hunter because dwarves are fucking awesome and i love the idea of taming beasties. people i've talked to said hunter was a noob-friendly class which helps. my toon's name is Hrolgrim, hrolf is norse for wolf and grim sounded cool at the end, so "grim wolf" i guess.

one thing i've been worried about is this: are there things that i might do early on that i might want to change later, only to find that i can't? for example if i dedicate myself to a certain profession or talent path and then decide later that i don't like it, will i be able to change that or am i stuck? (i ask because that sort of late dawning regret causes me to quit games)

any tips from experienced players -- which looks like all of you guys lol -- are more than welcome. don't look down on me i'm newb.

i'd be more than happy to reroll so i can play with other smogoners (what's up glen), but i think i'll wait until i get a hang of the game before i do so. plus i don't really want to ditch my irl friend after just starting...

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Fishing, Cooking, and First Aid are all considered secondary professions and don't count toward your two primary profession slots. (Keep up on leveling First Aid, BTW!) The great thing about WoW is that you can pretty much always change whatever you want about your character, except race/class, so there's no real way to screw yourself up permanently.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Just started playing about a week ago. My shitty laptop can't run BC but it runs the regular WoW just fine, and I didn't want to play as Blood Elves/Dranei anyway.

Currently a 21 Undead Priest on Nazgrel.

Beta sucked for TBC Glalie :( hopefully it's better this time but I found it to be pretty dull when I had my key for the last beta, something about having to do everything I did again(especially the excruciating process of leveling) was disheartening to me... maybe you'll like it more than I did!

The real reason I posted though is that since they added PvE->PvP transfers the Canoftuna/Tig/Dragonmaster group is debating on switching to Horde again and they want to be carebears and level their stupid Horde toons on PvE to avoid ganking(which is exactly why this option wasn't available before...), so they're doing it on Trollbane where Irdami can help them, so I'll be around if you guys want to chat or whatever since regardless of whether or not we actually switch back to Horde no one has anything better to do anyway.

I'm actually pretty excited to buy BC. WotLK doesn't interest me too much, since I don't care to fuck up my talent tree and death knights don't interest me, but when I first started reading up on WoW, the only race that caught my eye was Blood Elf. But when I upgraded my account online they didn't give me BC, so I decided to just level a character to 70 first. But then it turns out I need to upgrade to BC anyway so I can hit 70.

Either way, my BE hunter will kill. 42 Gnome Mage at the moment.

Yeah they have premade 80s which is what I'll be doing as it won't LET me transfer my existing characters. I doubt I'll do anything extensive, just want to look around and such.

Hey glalie, I figure you'll read this thread.

You remember back when I said I would play with you guys after I got into college?

Fuck college. Let me know how I can get in touch with you guys.

I'll hang out on AIM and look for you Nate, I don't bother going on it as much since if I idle for too long it disconnects me, but I think I have it fixed now. Either way I'm working all day today but either drop me a line or look for me sometime tonight or over the weekend :)

Requesting: WER, glennnnn, and Foreys reroll horde on trollbane. (no offense to anyone else I just don't know you)

I started in May and have been playing lightly ever since. Currently a 62 Human Warlock on Twisting Nether (RPPVP server).

I've gotta say, RPPVP is sweet, it weeds out a lot of the idiots and 10 year olds, but you still get to PVP. There aren't a lot of annoying RPers running around either.

Someone named Strangerdngr whispered me last night and I asked if he was from smogon and claimed NO. sad glalie

I started in May and have been playing lightly ever since. Currently a 62 Human Warlock on Twisting Nether (RPPVP server).

I've gotta say, RPPVP is sweet, it weeds out a lot of the idiots and 10 year olds, but you still get to PVP. There aren't a lot of annoying RPers running around either.
Heh, how about that? I'm on Twisting Nether also. I transfered over to play with this dude I know on there a handful of months ago. Cancelled my account a few days ago though, trying out Warhammer Online until WotLK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)