Anyone here play World of Warcraft?

HEH

Cleared kara a few weeks back, posting this while waiting for meddle to un-afk in front of KT in magister's terrace

To avoid this dying for multiple months in a row again. . .

Magister's Terrace is pretty sweet, I am amused that after about three years they've finally successfully made a 5 man instance that is relatively painless to do more than about twice. 4 badges considering how little trash there is is pretty neat and the loot is pretty good considering how easy the instance is. I wouldn't mind Kael actually having the ability to kill people in any way other than Pyroblast, but at least the gimmicks are kind of interesting. Priestess Delrissa is still my favorite 5 man fight so I guess I have to give Blizz credit for that if nothing else.

Discovered I don't like Shaman in pvp very much so I've been putzing around on a Rogue lately, hit 70 about a week ago so I'm trying to gear it up when I find time to play.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Synrogue

Debating on selling my mage/druid since I doubt either of them will see any use although their value is depreciating pretty rapidly.

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
Finally getting around to ZA recently. Nalorakk and Akil'zon down so far - and after a while learning how to handle the gauntlet correctly with our group we got Jan'alai down to about 35% on our second attempt (we called it after that). Hoping to get stuff tomorrow since it's resetting.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
It's not really a gauntlet since you can move at your own pace through there. ;[

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just started playing recently. Some friends of mine were into it, and they're all leaving for the summer so this is a good way to keep in touch while they're in different countries. I'm a level 15 Tauren Warrior, playing in The Underbog. Any suggestions for what to do? I'm playing with Two handed maces, but as far as armor, professions, talent points etc, i'm playing it by ear.

Maybe a more experienced player could help me out?

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
ugh, me and my guild are on the 4th boss in sunwell plateau, pain in the ass and it should be really doable to do it next reset

I just started playing recently. Some friends of mine were into it, and they're all leaving for the summer so this is a good way to keep in touch while they're in different countries. I'm a level 15 Tauren Warrior, playing in The Underbog. Any suggestions for what to do? I'm playing with Two handed maces, but as far as armor, professions, talent points etc, i'm playing it by ear.

Maybe a more experienced player could help me out?
A lot of this stuff doesn't matter at your level, when you hit 20 you should consider dual wielding, as Fury (focused on dual wielding, while arms is 2hander) you'll have the easiest time leveling.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Trollbane&n=Akatosh

This is me now :) Pretty happy with it.

Us after Eagle boss in Zul'Aman

@ Pilocus: Affliction was a good start to spec in for leveling; once you hit 50's I'd switch to Demonology just for the Felguard; really helped my friend get his UD Warlock to 70.

@ Stranger Danger: I don't know much about warriors, 'cept they are hard to level but will absolutely be easy to get groups for in dungeons, and if you like the lv 70 PvP, you'll LOVE it as a Warrior. Mortal Strike (Arms Talents) is a killer from what I hear.

I wanna get to 70 badly, I have 5 bars left on my hunter until 67...I want to use the Jame's leveling guide at 67 because I just started Blade's Edge Mountains but I don't know if I should Instance, grind like crazy, or screw the guide and get to 67 with the quests.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
Can someone else explain Threat to me? Reading through glalie's talent points, it talks about how much Threat a move causes and i'm quite confused.

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
Threat is basically of a measurement of a monster's aggression towards you. Almost all mob has a threat table, and the person with the most threat is the one being attacked.

So basically if you're a tank you want to put out as much threat as possible to keep the mobs on you.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
i just started playing a couple days ago with the 10 day free trial, i think i will continue playing though. also i hate dying. i hate having to walk for 5-10 minutes just to get my body and continue the mission i was on >(

should come chill with me on gurubashi atlas <3

In other news there are some 'leaked talents from the friend's and family wotlk alpha' listed online now that have been fairly consistant for a couple days, which either means they're fairly accurate or people are just reviving the same shit once it gets taken down. Not sure if it'll still be up by the time you guys see this post but you can see them here right now:

http://war-tools.darlinganime.com/index.php?i=mage

I'm skeptical right now because so many of the talents that are new are either AoEs that seem like they would be very difficult to program for as lazy as Blizzard tends to be or directly snatched from Vanilla WOW Raid abilities.

For instance, Mage has a deep Arcane talent that emulates their Blackwing Lair set's 8 Piece bonus and it's 51 point fire talent is identical to a negative status gimmick(!?) from Molten Core. Druid has a deep resto talent that's similar to it's Naxxramas 2 piecer, etc. In general I hope these are accurate though, a bunch of specs that are currently really weak (Arcane Mage, Feral Druid in terms of PvP for instance) would probably gain some PvP viability from this - but I would take it with a grain of salt until we see it from a more official source.

Going to transcribe the new talents later mostly for my own benefit in case the site gets taken down in a bit though, I'll post it here for reference.

EDIT2: Although honestly the more i read this the more skeptical i get, i realize its alpha and they'll still change a lot of this shit but some of this just screams 'obvious terrible imbalancing idea'

you really can't rely on anything in the alpha, as like 90% of it will never see the light of day

so many people are stressing over warrior's titan grip saying OMG ITS GANNA RUIN THE GAME without realizing that it existed in the burning crusade alpha as well :/

I really hope shockwave isn't fake as a prot warrior talent, would be nice to have some sort of multimob aggro other than THUNDERCLAP and cleave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)