All Buffs and Nerfs in Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

Any news on roost empoleon? P sure it was from event but curious if Its on the game or empo not in game
Empoleon is not in the game at all so no way to know for now.

Is Knock Off just gone? Is that why so many mons are losing the move?

I don't like this, because Knock Off is fantastic utility. Knocking away heavy Gliscor's Toxic Orb is an amazing way to ruin what is otherwise a scary wall, as it preventing guts abusers from getting those self inflicted status conditions. Yeah, removing leftovers, heavy duty boots, and berries are nice as always but even minor stuff like removing Choice items, life orb and eviolite has applications.

Hopefully it is just distributed less, rather than removed outright.
As of now, it just got axed from a lot of movepools.
This means that until transfers are available, it's not possible to get it outside of natural learners and egg move learners.
Edit: note that despite a lot of old pokemon losing it, there's a significant chunk of new pokemon learning it, including the grass starter which is very likely to see a ton of play

There is also the potential of moveset transferability not being a thing at all, but that's just a unconfirmed rumour for now.

A lot of these changes are great, I love seeing all these mons gain all these new moves despite losing coverage options (scald being limited to Volcanion being one and Defog being greatly limited being another) but I'm a bit concerned with all of these new hazard set-up options. Having new, more reliable mons to set up hazards is great but with less hazard removers now (the most notable being Landorus-t) it would be considerably more difficult to remove hazards. Boots usage is already pretty high and although I personally don't think they're very healthy for singles from my experience with OU in SwSh, having all of these new mons that can set up rocks, spikes, etc. might end up being an issue. I also noticed a few moves that can set up rocks/spikes while doing damage and despite those being cool concepts, it's now harder to PREVENT rocks from going up, which is adds up to it all. Why use a mon like Quag or Landorus to set up rocks when you can just use a mon like Kleavor and not even have to worry about taunt in the first place? What would be the best options for rapid spin this gen? Would it even be worth it to stress over removing hazards if it's significantly harder to prevent? I'm thinking we'll end up seeing all-out hyperoffense due to playing the long game being more difficult with scald being cut and recovery moves being nerfed, as well as mons that are either able to handle hazards better being the most used or the best boots abusers. Knowing what I've seen in SwSh, more than likely the latter.

Empoleon is not in the game at all so no way to know for now.

As of now, it just got axed from a lot of movepools.
This means that until transfers are available, it's not possible to get it outside of natural learners and egg move learners.
Edit: note that despite a lot of old pokemon losing it, there's a significant chunk of new pokemon learning it, including the grass starter which is very likely to see a ton of play

There is also the potential of moveset transferability not being a thing at all, but that's just a unconfirmed rumour for now.
Transfer moves are impossible now. Movesets get reset upon transfer via home, they're keeping that change from BDSP which means we're gonna lose a lot of hazard removing options

Transfer moves are impossible now. Movesets get reset upon transfer via home, they're keeping that change from BDSP which means we're gonna lose a lot of hazard removing options
I'll say it again: this is unconfirmed rumours from Centro.
None of the other leakers have said anything about this, and there's literally no way to know as Home has not got updated.

While it is possible that they do decide to go this way, as of now, there absolutely no confirmation that's the case, and it may work same as moving pokemon from gen7/let'sgo to SwSh where they keep their moveset.

Thus, stop spreading this misinformation. Until Home compatibility actually happens, there's no way to know if this will be the case or not.

Also stop trusting Centro altoghether since they're not leakers at all, they just repost whatever they can find on 4chan.

K302

Luck is a skill
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
With Scizor losing access to Roost, unless there is another recovery move it can get (which I doubt) the only way this retains viability is through its role as an attacker. Swords Dance sets with three moves or even the Choice Band/Choice Scarf sets will return. Though losing the option to roost will impact how it is played.

I guess H-Typhlosion gets eruption, which is nice, but probably won't do much for it. Though STAB Ghost and Fire is strong offensive coverage.

The amount of mons that get Spikes or other entry hazards is just stunning honestly. Getting three layers of spikes is gonna be easier with so many distributions. And of course, more Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes to boot. I imagine that Volcorona has to use Heavy Duty Boots now, along with Charizard, just to avoid dying all the time.

Groudon may have lost Heat Crash but it can still run bulky options, especially with Will o Wisp. Though how good this is remains to be seen.

Also, Rayquaza getting U-Turn. Yeah, that is a buff that it did not need but will 1000% abuse to the fullest.
Scizor has morning sun too.

View attachment 464791

The OP doesn't say "lost Morning Sun" so its maybe in the game.
that's some insane troll, logic right there, they only listed NOTABLE moves they lost in the OP, Morning Sun was not notable on Scizor because it had the completely superior Roost. It has neither unless the Home Update allows move transfers, in which case you STILL would use Roost over Morning Sun because both moves are coded into SV.

Also, gonna emphasize, why does Zamazenta not have King's Shield?
IT STILL DOESN'T GET IT!?

Also stop trusting Centro altoghether since they're not leakers at all, they just repost whatever they can find on 4chan.
And they have been outright played multiple times this leak season.

Not to mention it's pretty dang obvious that nobody can test Home Transfer shenanigans when you can't even connect to Home yet.

IT STILL DOESN'T GET IT!?
It doesn't, also probably never will because that's really just meant to be Aegislash signature move to do the whole stance dancing thing, so as much as I'd like it I doubt it's ever getting it anyway.

However, it did get Body Press, so there's that.

I'm kinda scared about the viability of stall teams, taking in account the low PP and the Pressure pokemon running around. But hell yeah, spikes seems fun af, and the meta might become really offensive with the lack of recovery and scald

I'm kinda scared about the viability of stall teams, taking in account the low PP and the Pressure pokemon running around. But hell yeah, spikes seems fun af, and the meta might become really offensive with the lack of recovery and scald
Early meta will be exclusively HO.

Maybe we'll see two Pokemon using Recover in a match sometimes next year after all the broken stuff is banned, which from the leaks appears to be a lot.

IMO I think Breloom is gonna be a Staraptor scenario cause there's way too many Pokemon that resists its STAB for it to be a reliable threat. (Stuff like Corviknight won't see as much usage because of the offensive looking nature of the early meta + Roost nerf, but there's stuff like Dragonite and the Fire/Poison Volcarona among others who will be relevant) It has Mach Punch for the Fire Goldfish and Ice Leopard and IIRC none of them can switch into multiple of them.

But IMO, it receiving CC is HUGE still. And I guess you can make Poison Heal work since its one of the best forms of recovery now.

Another new item

Punching Glove: An item to be held by a Pokémon. This protective glove boosts the power of the holder’s punching moves and prevents direct contact with targets.

Basically Iron Fist as an item plus Protective Pads. Melmetal will love this because it already ran Pads, as will Urshifu since their signature moves are punching moves.

I'll say it again: this is unconfirmed rumours from Centro.
None of the other leakers have said anything about this, and there's literally no way to know as Home has not got updated.

While it is possible that they do decide to go this way, as of now, there absolutely no confirmation that's the case, and it may work same as moving pokemon from gen7/let'sgo to SwSh where they keep their moveset.

Thus, stop spreading this misinformation. Until Home compatibility actually happens, there's no way to know if this will be the case or not.

thanks for the correction, I probably forgot that I got it from Centro of all places. I only trust them if their info lines up from info from others or from a confirmed datamine. I could've sworn I got it from Serebii but I might've been thinking of the ban wave that's going to be soon.

thanks for the correction, I probably forgot that I got it from Centro of all places. I only trust them if their info lines up from info from others or from a confirmed datamine. I could've sworn I got it from Serebii but I might've been thinking of the ban wave that's going to be soon.
Understandable.

Consider that realistically speaking Serebii will not give any information about SV other than what is officially announced, as they wouldn't want to risk their partnership with Nintendo.

Early meta will be exclusively HO.

Maybe we'll see two Pokemon using Recover in a match sometimes next year after all the broken stuff is banned, which from the leaks appears to be a lot.
As a person who likes Stall and bulky recovery mons, I'm so sad by this.

I wonder if the Rock Salt mon can make use of its Recover as a Physical Wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)