Tournament 1v1 Tag Team Tour Information and Player Signups (signups end on Friday the 10th, 11:59 PM MDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Approved by Quote

Welcome to the 1v1 Tag Team Tour! Everything you need to know about 1v1TTT and information about how this is going to happen can be found below.

Rules :

Players will signup in teams of three. Each player on the team may only play one set in a given week, and no ghosting between teammates is allowed.
Each week will consist of three sets.

SM Bo7 is a guaranteed metagame and will be played in every week.
The other two sets are chosen by each team. One is chosen by each team, and multiple of the same metagame CAN be played in a given week. These slots will be referred to as the "variable slots" from this point forward. The available metagames for the variable slots are as follows,

SM Bo5
ORAS Bo5
BW Bo5
DPP Bo5
2v2 Doubles Bo5

Once the metagames for a series are chosen between the captains, you will assign players from your team to a metagame, and send that roster to myself. I will update the week post with the match-ups, and players can schedule their matches. The winner of the series is whoever wins two sets.

Activity Decisions – There are inevitably times where two players simply fail to complete a match. Because of this, it is necessary to make activity decisions on matches. Hosts are required to make thorough investigations regarding each and every potential failed match during a week. If both parties are deemed to be equally apathetic or enthusiastic about getting the match done, but just have not had the opportunity to make it happen, the match will result in a no contest. In the event of a no contest match, a tie breaker will occur between those players teammates. The metagame for the tie breaker is the metagame that the no contest set would have been played as. Tie breaker sets must be completed promptly once a no contest match has been declared. The player that is playing the tiebreaker is chosen by the opposing team, to avoid abuse. However, if it is deemed that one party made significantly more effort than the other in attempting to get the match done, then a win will be awarded to that player. Things that will make it very likely that you will lose via activity include: failing to VM your opponent immediately upon the week’s start, scheduling a match and being documented as missing the match time, failing to provide any concrete times for which you can be reached, failing to respond to an opponent’s VM at all. Note that this is a tournament that requires a very high level of activity and diligence, if you don’t think you can get your matches done, quite simply don’t sign up.

Replays - Posting replays are not required but I encourage posting them for the development of the metagame.

Format - The tour will be a standard double elimination bracket, with no signup cap. As opposed to the Smogon "First Come, First Serve" system, all players that enter will be allowed to play. However, signing up later will result in receiving a lower seed, and may force you to play an additional week. I strongly encourage you to sign up as quickly as you can once you find your teammates.

Contacting your opponent - Make sure to contact each other over Smogon's wall message so it can be seen by the hosts in case of an activity call.

Metagame Rules - The banlist can be found in the following places,

USUM - https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/1v1/
Old Generations - https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/1v1-old-gens.3646875/
2v2 - https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/2v2-doubles.3606989/

Only one member of a team needs to post here. Please sign up in the following format.

Team Captain :
Teammates :

Make sure to tag the people on your team in the thread so I can find them easier.

If you do not know who you want for your team, or don't know how to find teammates, I encourage you to ask around in the Showdown 1v1 Chat to find teammates.

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me on Discord (Boat#2573), on Smogon, or on Showdown (phiwings99)

TTT Discord : https://discord.gg/rjRe4Re

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)