13p Matrix 14 (No Multiball) Game Thread [GAME OVER]

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hannahh pls don't leave me hanging in endgame like this again, would have been nice to have someone who actually talks alive instead of the most inactive townies of Energy and the guy who got subbed out/in.

Duskfall98 what were your night results again?

oh well gg all <3 bluedoom

Texas shifted on me for no reason, Hal voted me and didn't bother defending himself, feel like that was an easy finish

Jalmont - MVP, didn't deserve to die
Texas - Made a really good play unvoting me yesterday when I voted him. I was going to hard push on him otherwise.
Hannah - Good read on Dusk, didn't deserve to die
Moody - also had some solid reads

those are my thoughts

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
I wish I stepped up earlier but I'm glad I found the scum in the end.
yeah, kudos for realizing it; but at that point in the game people were either pocketed by either texas or hal at the end of the day. usually this is solved by speaking/talking it out earlier if you're completely lost.

i think a bunch of overall town mistakes lead to the loss though(PRs should 100% claim in semi-opens, don't sacrifice yourself the only person you know that is 100% town for somebody else), but i also think people had good voices behind their reads(lot of people caught onto m2h early, a decent amount onto texas). just gotta speak up about it and not get overwhelmed. good work from both sides

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
All you had to do was read Moody's and TBZ's reads, they laid it out clearly.

Then you realize Hal isn't town at all nor was trying to be productive.
ye I wasn't thrilled to lynch you since Moody dying felt so weird, was kind of in a shit place with Hannah townreading Texas but Moody not, so it's just blech.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
but i gave both scum on the last day healndeal-kun
echo wut nuxl said in response.

Town acting the way they did was literally scum's dream.

Also, big giant thing nuxl missed was the part where scum lucked into getting 2 PRs on day 1 and night 1 which sort of killed momentum, but at the same time I think scum picked pretty good night kills to both kill good solvers(DS night 1) and to PR hunt. Maybe tbz was a throwaway but bleh.

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
echo wut nuxl said in response.

Town acting the way they did was literally scum's dream.

Also, big giant thing nuxl missed was the part where scum lucked into getting 2 PRs on day 1 and night 1 which sort of killed momentum, but at the same time I think scum picked pretty good night kills to both kill good solvers(DS night 1) and to PR hunt. Maybe tbz was a throwaway but bleh.
i don't really think lucked wrt clarinet, as he could've saved himself for obvious reasons.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
100% killed DS because scared he would be able to find me

Bluedoom was killed because he was spewed clear once m2h was outed, which in theory happens immediately once dusk clears - we pretty much knew dusk was RB

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Already said this to energy on discord, but I was lynching hal under the similar logic that I used in my 451 Hannah logic; fine if I make hal lose a game even if we're both town because he's hal. But even if I was online and did that in time for blue to see and even if blue followed, day 6 I 95% wouldn't have lynched Texas because of Hannah's townread, so gg texas.

Hal played pretty shit, he should be kissing your feet right now.

Sorry town, it is what it is :blobsad: :blobshrug: More specifically, sorry for not realizing Hannah was town until the day she died when we should have been working together before then.

DS. will there ever be a game where we actually get to REALLY play together? :omegathonk:

I wish I stepped up earlier but I'm glad I found the scum in the end.
you killed it at the end dude. felt bad for you there.

honestly i don't think there's was really much you could have done there. maybe timezones would've worked out and you and bluedoom could've had a heart to heart but even that it eh. i'm thinking about some stuff the previous day that probably cost you the most but as far as the last day goes, what can you do :/

i hope you're ok after getting jumped man, take care of yourself both physically and mentally.

i apologize for being shitty this game i havent played on smogon in ages still i think fun game otherwise hope yall had fun too town losing aside, hope to improve my game if anyone has tips for me id appreciate them thanks

gg. definitely a really frustrating game playing/shortly after dying but in my post game clarity a really educating one. i learned a lot.

i think we ultimately lost because most people made small decisions that could've been overcome but in combination couldn't be overcome. part of this was great mafia play. i wouldn't have guessed that the mafia would hook their teammate. i would've lost that endgame 99% as well. frankly i have a lot of respect for bluedoom because he had the guts to make a decision that happened to be wrong. it happens. but those small things add up and there's just so many that you can point to as having hurt our chances. clarinet not claiming his role, me playing poorly and getting mislynched, timezones preventing dusk from CCing, hannah letting herself die for no reason whatsoever, inactivity, etc. Obviously inactivity can't be helped but it puts the sub in a difficult position. Can't fault bluedoom at all for coming into a tough spot and trying.

i definitely learned a valuable lesson in terms of my approach. i can't really afford a combative approach because i don't have the relationships/reputation that others have. i confused my valid game thoughts with personal conflicts - and this hurt me because i'm a person who lets that bother me and interfere with my own game because i have grown and come to dislike that sort of behavior when i exhibit it (instead of pushing past it and asserting me feeling being right). probably more importantly, those fights didn't get me anywhere in the eyes of others. i have to be more mindful about the people in the game and how they relate to each other because the fact is that i don't quite have those same connections that would otherwise let me skate by. and i think i am more successful when i work to help others succeed instead of bullrushing my own way which, while correct in many ways, ultimately fails because i can't convince anyone else. it means nothing to be right if you can't convince anyone else.

and i think this applies to others too. eg the last day, im sure bluedoom probably takes laurel more seriously if he's present the previous day and working with everyone to do something useful there. i know he can't help hannah making a cowaradly decision but perhaps being active and engaging with others lends him the credibility he needs to be taken more seriously by bluedoom. i don't like to tell others what to do but i see this as a great example of the power of likability and how that, even though it shouldn't be, can be a big part of mafia.

really good game though, no complaints about the result. the mafia got me v good. deserved victory.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Just want to say Jalmont's selling himself a bit short and he did great this game. Day 1 was maybe a bit precarious in a few places for people who didn't know him, but day 2 wasn't his fault in any way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)