Tournament CAP Metagame Forum Tournament Queue and Tournament Approval Thread

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tournament Name: SS CAP Ladder Tournament

Tournament Host(s): Me! (and maybe Lasen but probably not)

Tournament Timeline: Ideally, I see this tour starting up around when CAPPL ends (August) to give the community some lighthearted fun in the down time. My hope is that finals will wrap up around week 1 or 2 of CAP Swiss.

Host Experience: I don't have any host experience for tournaments. However, I have been very active in pretty much every tournament since Snake Draft and have been one of the more active ladder players.

Tournament Discription: Participants will make an alt to compete in the tour. The highest rated 8 or 16 (this number can change depending on the number of signups) alts on the SS CAP ladder after 2-3 weeks (depending on signups again) will then compete in a single elimination, BO3 format using the final ratings as seedings for the tournament. Each participant will only be allowed one alt, and they must declare their alt during signup with the correct prefix (this will most likely be 'CLT', as there are no accounts currently in the CAP t500 that have that prefix).

Tournament Style: SS CAP Ladder Tournament and Single Elimination BO3.

Tournament Banlist: Standard SS CAP Banlist.

Tournament Justification: My reasoning for this tour is twofold. First and foremost, a common complaint in the CAP community is that the ladder is, simply put, dead. This tour is an attempt to attract new players to the metagame while getting old and new players alike to play on the ladder again, hopefully breathing new life into it. Secondly, this tour hopefully gives the metagame community something more lighthearted to do once CAPPL has finished up. As an incentive, I was hoping that a special Room Prize Winner prefix could be given to the winner of the tour on PS.
approved

Tournament Name: CAP One Move Tournament

Tournament Host(s): Me and probably some other person since this is my first time hosting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Tournament Timeline: Signups 1 week after approval. Tour will last 2 weeks after end of signups.

Host Experience: As I said, this is my first time hosting.

Tournament Description: A team tour, where each team must share at least one move between them.

Tournament Style: BO3.

Tournament Banlist: No megas or dynamax/gigantamax.

Tournament Justification: I just kinda want to see what it would be like to host a tour ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Tournament Name: SS CAP Ghosting Tournament

Tournament Host(s): Me!

Tournament Timeline: Ideally, I see this tour starting up around when CAP 30 Playtest ends.

Host Experience: I am currently hosting the CAP Ladder Tournament, which (in my humble opinion), has been a great success!

Tournament Discription: Participants will sign up in teams of two. They will then together play a singular Bo3 against another team. Teammates "Ghosting" or communicating with each other during the game is not only allowed, but encouraged!

Tournament Style: SS CAP Bo3, Double Elimination.

Tournament Justification: The Ladder tournament has opened my eyes to how fun playing the game is while you're in call with your friends, so this tournament attempts to play off that a bit. I realize it's sort of an odd way of playing a tournament, but laddering with a friend is a really fun way of playing the game, so I hope to emulate that in a tournament setting!

Last edited:

pannu

THE GONG OF KNOCKOUT
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Tournament Name: National Dex CAP Startup tournament

Tournament Host(s): Me and Aurodian

Tournament Time Frame: Whenever the schedules clear, as for round lengths, probably just standard week-long rounds, the amount of rounds would depend on how many signups there are.

Host experience: i have minimal hosting experience, however, Auro has hosted a handful of tournaments in the National Dex, OU, and RoA Forums.

Tournament Description:

Tournament Style:
Bo3, Single elimination
Tournament Banlist: National Dex OU Banlist (-caps)
Tournament Justification: We think that, as people who are part of both the NatDex and CAP communities, playing with CAPs in a national dex setting would be very fun, not only allowing experimentation with generation 8 caps using Z-moves, but also allowing old ones to revisit sets they've used in prior generations in a setting more akin to ss. Ive also talked to a handful of people both in the nd and in the cap communities and the general consensus was that it sounded like a fun tour.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
Tournament Name: SS CAP Cyclohm Cup II

Tournament Host: Me

Tournament Time Frame: Signups open September 5th, having the first week coincide with finals for the ladder tour. This tour should last somewhere around two months.

Host Experience: You know me by now.

Tournament Description: Users sign up in teams of three in order to battle other groups. After each team plays each other the two with the most wins move on to the finals. If there's a higher than expected number of signups there may be room for a semifinal round.

Tournament Style: Team-based round robin with single elimination playoffs. Individual matches are best of one.

Tournament Banlist: Standard SS CAP banlist

Tournament Justification: Team tours are fun. Smaller groups allow for the tour to be run more expediently, simpler communication among teammates, and closer bonds of true friendship. Round robin ensures a higher level of interaction between teams, however if there's a significant number of signups this can be changed to single or double elim.

Steam Buns

:rosetriumph:
is a Pre-Contributor
Tournament Name: BW CAP Revival Tour

Tournament Host(s): me and Tadasuke

Tournament Time Frame: Planning to start as soon as swiss ends, so signups would go up during playoffs. This tournament should last around a month and a half.

Host experience: I don't have any tour hosting experience myself, but the esteemed tadasuke will be helping!

Tournament Description:

Tournament Style:
Swiss style bracket, best of three. Swiss rather than single elimination means that many more games will played, which is exactly what an underdeveloped metagame needs.

Tournament Banlist: Standard BW OU banlist, but with all CAPmons from gens 4 and 5 included.

Tournament Justification: This tournament will serve to jumpstart the revival of a lost metagame much like what was done with the ORAS CAP revival tour. The BW CAP meta has been dead since gen 5 ended, with no real resources or even it's own challenge format for people to play on, however over the course of this year it's had enough interest for gradual development, leading what is now a pretty solid foundation of resources that new players can use to get started. These resources will be available in the form of a BW CAP hub by the time this tournament starts.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
Tournament Name: SS CAP Ghosting Tournament

Tournament Timeline: Ideally, I see this tour starting up around when CAP 30 Playtest ends.

Host Experience: I am currently hosting the CAP Ladder Tournament, which (in my humble opinion), has been a great success!

Tournament Discription: Participants will sign up in teams of two. They will then together play a singular Bo3 against another team. Teammates "Ghosting" or communicating with each other during the game is not only allowed, but encouraged!

Tournament Style: SS CAP Bo3, Double Elimination.

Tournament Justification: The Ladder tournament has opened my eyes to how fun playing the game is while you're in call with your friends, so this tournament attempts to play off that a bit. I realize it's sort of an odd way of playing a tournament, but laddering with a friend is a really fun way of playing the game, so I hope to emulate that in a tournament setting!
Approved

Tournament Name: SS CAP Cyclohm Cup II

Tournament Host: Me

Tournament Time Frame: Signups open September 5th, having the first week coincide with finals for the ladder tour. This tour should last somewhere around two months.

Host Experience: You know me by now.

Tournament Description: Users sign up in teams of three in order to battle other groups. After each team plays each other the two with the most wins move on to the finals. If there's a higher than expected number of signups there may be room for a semifinal round.

Tournament Style: Team-based round robin with single elimination playoffs. Individual matches are best of one.

Tournament Banlist: Standard SS CAP banlist

Tournament Justification: Team tours are fun. Smaller groups allow for the tour to be run more expediently, simpler communication among teammates, and closer bonds of true friendship. Round robin ensures a higher level of interaction between teams, however if there's a significant number of signups this can be changed to single or double elim.
approved via nepotism and mod corruption

Tournament Name: National Dex CAP Startup tournament

Tournament Host(s): Me and Aurodian

Tournament Time Frame: Whenever the schedules clear, as for round lengths, probably just standard week-long rounds, the amount of rounds would depend on how many signups there are.

Host experience: i have minimal hosting experience, however, Auro has hosted a handful of tournaments in the National Dex, OU, and RoA Forums.

Tournament Description:

Tournament Style:
Bo3, Single elimination
Tournament Banlist: National Dex OU Banlist (-caps)
Tournament Justification: We think that, as people who are part of both the NatDex and CAP communities, playing with CAPs in a national dex setting would be very fun, not only allowing experimentation with generation 8 caps using Z-moves, but also allowing old ones to revisit sets they've used in prior generations in a setting more akin to ss. Ive also talked to a handful of people both in the nd and in the cap communities and the general consensus was that it sounded like a fun tour.
Tournament Name: BW CAP Revival Tour

Tournament Host(s): me and Tadasuke

Tournament Time Frame: Planning to start as soon as swiss ends, so signups would go up during playoffs. This tournament should last around a month and a half.

Host experience: I don't have any tour hosting experience myself, but the esteemed tadasuke will be helping!

Tournament Description:

Tournament Style:
Swiss style bracket, best of three. Swiss rather than single elimination means that many more games will played, which is exactly what an underdeveloped metagame needs.

Tournament Banlist: Standard BW OU banlist, but with all CAPmons from gens 4 and 5 included.

Tournament Justification: This tournament will serve to jumpstart the revival of a lost metagame much like what was done with the ORAS CAP revival tour. The BW CAP meta has been dead since gen 5 ended, with no real resources or even it's own challenge format for people to play on, however over the course of this year it's had enough interest for gradual development, leading what is now a pretty solid foundation of resources that new players can use to get started. These resources will be available in the form of a BW CAP hub by the time this tournament starts.
For both the NatDex and BW tours, I'd like to see resources published before officially approving anything. I'll update you on timing once they're put together, but this will be done on a first come first serve basis.

Tournament Name: CAP LC Revival Tournament

Tournament Host(s): Myself and Da Pizza Man

Tournament Time Frame: The signups will begin the Sunday after this tour is approved. Signups will run for one week, then every round will run for one week.

Host experience: I do not have any forum tour hosting experience, but I have been a participant in all tours in the 2021 CAP Tournament Circuit so far, and I've also been a regular host of roomtours in the Showdown CAP room as a room driver. Da Pizza Man has some experience from hosting The Gauntlet III, an unofficial forum tournament from ORAS, as well as participation in both older forum tours and current tours such as the CAP29 Playtest and the Summer Seasonal.

Tournament Description: This is a standard SS LC single elimination Bo3 tour, with all LC-eligible CAP pre-evolutions added.

Tournament Style: Single Elimination Bo3, SS LC with CAP LC prevos.

Tournament Banlist: Standard SS LC banlist. Note that Cawdet is unbanned, despite being banned in versions of CAP LC from previous generations, due to the problematic Belly Drum being completely removed from its movepool.

Tournament Justification: For one, this is the first time all generation that CAP LC has been in a playable state, thanks to the pre-evolution updates that were recently completed. There is already a small but dedicated playerbase with interest in the metagame, and a forum tour seems like a good way to help keep the metagame developing. For another, there has been some interest in getting CAP LC into CAP Snake Draft, so this tour is intended to help identify any issues so they can be properly resolved before Snake Draft tiers are decided.

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Tournament Name: STour CAP Edition

Tournament Host(s): Myself

Tournament Time Frame: Sunday closest to when and if this tour is approved, signup stage would be one week, while all rounds will be one week along excluding extensions. Any future free slot works for this really.

Host experience: Longass list, hosted SM Cup, SM SSNL, multiple RoA and Smogon Tour Livetours, couple of RoA Spotlights, Natdex Monotype PL and NFE PL, currently hosting RoA Team Trials, Natdex Fall SSNL and RoAST. I've also hosted some forum tours like OU Bootless tour, Natdex ghosting tour and economy tour.

Tournament Description: Bo3 Tournament featuring SS Cap, SM Cap, and Oras Cap as the tiers, first tier is SS Cap, loser picks the next tier, basically mimicing Stour but the Cap version.

Tournament Style: Single Elimination Bo3, SS Cap, SM Cap, Oras Cap,

Tournament Banlist: No Banlist changes for the three aforementioned metagames.

Tournament Justification: Oras Cap and SM Cap are beginning their "revival phase" so to speak, ie both metagames have gotten remembrance tours of some kind in the past, (Oras Cap revival tournament, Nostalgia for SM Cap revival Tournament), along with old gen analyses being rebooted and i think presenting these metas being playable once more in the form of a stour styled tournament would be a great way to present them even more. STour using CG + past two closest old gens has always been a nice grasp for players and can see the similar effect here in CAP.

dex

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Tournament Name: Inaugural BDSP CAP Tournament

Tournament Host(s): Myself and Estronic

Tournament Time Frame: I would hope to get signups up on December 12, as we would like to have a tournament soon in order to test the metagame.

Host experience: Hosted the CAP Ladder Tournament (an absolute classic of a tournament) and I'm hosting the Ghosting Tournament which is coming up soon.

Tournament Description: Bo3 Tournament featuring the gen 4 CAPs alongside the BDSP OU mons. This will serve as a great way to see how the changes to the metagame and movepools of the mons have effected the 11 BDSP CAPs.

Tournament Style: Single Elimination Bo3

Tournament Banlist: BDSP OU Banlist

Tournament Justification: A number of us have been working hard to get the gen 4 CAPs ready for BDSP CAP, and movepools are finally done for them! The best way to test the new tier would be to have a tournament with them all thrown into the BDSP OU mix. We hope that the tournament can be informative of how certain CAPs benefitted or were hurt by the BDSP dex and move cuts. Namely, Krilowatt and Voodoom look particularly strong, while Kitsunoh seems to have lost some of its previous oomph. Additionally, the meta has been super fun and fast-paced in the few test games that have happened, so I think now is a great opportunity to open it up for everyone to play around with!

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
Tournament Name: Inaugural BDSP CAP Tournament

Tournament Host(s): Myself and Estronic

Tournament Time Frame: I would hope to get signups up on December 12, as we would like to have a tournament soon in order to test the metagame.

Host experience: Hosted the CAP Ladder Tournament (an absolute classic of a tournament) and I'm hosting the Ghosting Tournament which is coming up soon.

Tournament Description: Bo3 Tournament featuring the gen 4 CAPs alongside the BDSP OU mons. This will serve as a great way to see how the changes to the metagame and movepools of the mons have effected the 11 BDSP CAPs.

Tournament Banlist: BDSP OU Banlist

Tournament Justification: A number of us have been working hard to get the gen 4 CAPs ready for BDSP CAP, and movepools are finally done for them! The best way to test the new tier would be to have a tournament with them all thrown into the BDSP OU mix. We hope that the tournament can be informative of how certain CAPs benefitted or were hurt by the BDSP dex and move cuts. Namely, Krilowatt and Voodoom look particularly strong, while Kitsunoh seems to have lost some of its previous oomph. Additionally, the meta has been super fun and fast-paced in the few test games that have happened, so I think now is a great opportunity to open it up for everyone to play around with!
Approving this to start signups on Sunday. Would definitely be worthwhile to learn a good bit about this meta before the winter tour gets into full swing.

Tournament Name: STour CAP Edition

Tournament Time Frame: Sunday closest to when and if this tour is approved, signup stage would be one week, while all rounds will be one week along excluding extensions. Any future free slot works for this really.

Host experience: Longass list, hosted SM Cup, SM SSNL, multiple RoA and Smogon Tour Livetours, couple of RoA Spotlights, Natdex Monotype PL and NFE PL, currently hosting RoA Team Trials, Natdex Fall SSNL and RoAST. I've also hosted some forum tours like OU Bootless tour, Natdex ghosting tour and economy tour.

Tournament Description: Bo3 Tournament featuring SS Cap, SM Cap, and Oras Cap as the tiers, first tier is SS Cap, loser picks the next tier, basically mimicing Stour but the Cap version.

Tournament Style: Single Elimination Bo3, SS Cap, SM Cap, Oras Cap,

Tournament Banlist: No Banlist changes for the three aforementioned metagames.

Tournament Justification: Oras Cap and SM Cap are beginning their "revival phase" so to speak, ie both metagames have gotten remembrance tours of some kind in the past, (Oras Cap revival tournament, Nostalgia for SM Cap revival Tournament), along with old gen analyses being rebooted and i think presenting these metas being playable once more in the form of a stour styled tournament would be a great way to present them even more. STour using CG + past two closest old gens has always been a nice grasp for players and can see the similar effect here in CAP.
Approved, but I'd like to delay opening signups until the winter tour starts winding down just to avoid too much overlap and player burnout.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Tournament Name: CAP LC Winter Tour

Tournament Time Frame: Sign-ups from January 3rd through January 16th, tour starting on January 17th.

Host experience: None

Tournament Description: Bo3 CAP LC Tournament. Cawdet is now banned from CAP LC.

Tournament Banlist: Standard CAP LC Banlist

Tournament Justification: The CAP LC playerbase has been itching for another tour following the Cawdet ban. The CAP LC Council believes another tournament is an ideal testing space to develop and assess the new metagame. Additionally, this tournament would serve as a chance to evaluate Solotl's impact on the meta, as it and Cawdet were determined to be the two most overbearing and centralizing forces in the CAP LC Revival meta.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Tournament Name: Super STABmons CAP Tournament

Tournament Time Frame: Sign-ups from February 14th through 20th, tour starting immediately afterwards.

Host experience: None, but I will be hosting CAP LC Tour around that time

Tournament Description: Bo3 STABmons + CAPs. Follows the STABmons banlist; as of right now nothing is slated for being banned in addition.

Tournament Banlist: Standard STABmons Banlist

Tournament Justification: Movepool is a critical component of the CAP process to ensure our end product is fair and balanced. This tournament throws that out the window. Bonemerang Fire Lash Smokomodo? Sure thing. Dragon Dance Spectral Thief Pajantom? Why not. Spikes Shore Up Equilibra? Sounds like a good time. Let's see who can produce the most devastating teams for what I expect to be a clown fiesta of a metagame.

This is a challenge only format; use the challenge code below.

/challenge STABmons@@@ +Argalis, +Arghonaut, +Astrolotl, +Aurumoth, +Brattler, +Breezi, +Caimanoe, +Caribolt, +Cawdet, +Cawmodore, +Chromera, +Coribalis, +Colossoil, +Crucibelle, +Cupra, +Cyclohm, +Dorsoil, +Duohm, +Electrelk, +Embirch, +Equilibra, +Fawnifer, +Fidgit, +Flarelm, +Floatoy, +Jumbao, +Justyke, +Kerfluffle, +Kitsunoh, +Krilowatt, +Malaconda, +Miasmaw, +Mollux, +Mountaineer, +Mumbao, +Naviathan, +Necturine, +Necturna, +Nohface, +Pajantom, +Paleo Wave, +Persistent, +Plasmanta, +Privatyke, +Protowatt, +Pyroak, +Rebble, +Rebound, +Revenankh, +Scratchet, +Shadow Strike, +Smogecko, +Smoguana, +Smokomodo, +Snaelstrom, +Snugglow, +Solotl, +Stratagem, +Swirlpool, +Syclant, +Syclar, +Tactite, +Tomohawk, +Venomicon, +Venomicon-Epilogue, +Vile Vial, +Volkraken, +Volkritter, +Voodoll, +Voodoom

Last edited:

dex

Tournament Name: SS CAP Ladder Tournament II

Tournament Timeline: Signups for this tour will open once Kaede's CAP STour hits semis.

Host Experience: CAP Ladder Tournament, Inaugural BDSP CAP Tournament, CAP Ghosting Tournament

Tournament Discription: Participants will make an alt to compete in the tour. Each participant will only be allowed one alt per cycle, and they must declare their alt during signup with the correct prefix. There will be 4 one week cycles, in which the top 4 players from each cycle will qualify for the tournament. The tournament itself will be Bo3 single elimination.

Tournament Style: Ladder Tournament Single Elimination Bo3.

Tournament Justification: The first ladder tour was surprisingly fun, and it attracted not only CAP mains, but ladder mains and players from other tiers to it as well. Due to how unique the CAP ladder is, a CAP ladder tournament is a weird, wacky tournament that brings together players from all over. There is proven success with this format in its first iteration, and I cannot wait to get players back on the ladder! I am expanding the number of cycles to 4, as I believe the CAP metagame has grown noticeably, and there should be a decent amount of signups from outside of CAP.

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Tournament Name: SS CAP Ban Happy Tournament

Tournament Host(s): Me

Tournament Time Frame: Preferably, I would like for Sign-Ups to be up for February 27th through March 6th and start the tournament immediately afterwards. However, given that there are already a fair number of tournaments in the queue, I wouldn't mind having to wait until later into March or even into early April to start the tournament.

Host experience: Hosted The Gauntlet III back in 2014 and served as kjnjkmjk1's co-host for the CAP LC Revival Tournament.

Tournament Description: During Sign-Ups, participants will choose two Pokemon/Moves/Items to ban from any match they are playing in. After winning a round, participants will choose to ban two additional Pokemon/Moves/Items, and so on until the end of the tournament (Round 1 each user has 2 total bans, Round 2 each user has 4 total bans, and so on). Participants have until the end of Sign-Ups / the current round to finalize their bans, and afterwards they cannot be changed. Participants must submit their bans by the end of Sign-Ups/the Current Round, and should they fail to do so, I will randomly choose a Pokemon(s) ranked B- or higher on the Viability List to assign as their ban(s). This system is pretty much exact same system that was used for the Anything Goes Ban Happy Tournament, but I decided to up the ante to make things more interesting.

Tournament Banlist: Standard SS CAP Banlist + participants must follow the banlists of themselves and their opponents during each match.

Tournament Justification: The primary reason I decided to hold this tournament is that lately, I've seen a fair number of complaints regarding the current state of the metagame, in particular to how Cawmodore and the two Venomicon forms are negatively influencing it. I figured hosting a tournament that allows players to remove any elements they find to be problematic in the current metagame to be an interesting method to allow players to play games that they are more likely to find enjoyment out of. I also think that it would help encourage more creative and interesting team building, as the nature of the tournament would likely force users to think more outside the box when it comes to building teams for the tournament.

Tournament Name: SS CAP-Only Showdown

Tournament Host(s): Myself, others have expressed interest

Tournament Timeline: There are a lot of tournaments awaiting approval, so I'll venture to say Mid-March is the most likely

Host Experience: N/A but that's why I posted here to hopefully gain another person

Tournament Description: Participants sign up individually. Bring 6-Cap teams to each match that can be adjusted between any match.

Tournament Style: Bo1 Round robin then break to playoffs depending on tour size (finals, semis, quarters etc.)

Tournament Banlist: All non-CAP mons.

Tournament Justification: CAP exists complementary to the Gen 8 meta game (atm). However, the creativity of mons like Kriolowatt, or the obscurity of mons like Plasmanta mean that CAP doesn't always get to flex its own meta muscles. For the sake of creativity, fun, and a much more robust understanding of the CAP meta, I think this would be a fascinating/enjoyable idea.

Last edited:

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
Tournament Name: Super STABmons CAP Tournament

Tournament Time Frame: Sign-ups from February 14th through 20th, tour starting immediately afterwards.

Host experience: None, but I will be hosting CAP LC Tour around that time

Tournament Description: Bo3 STABmons + CAPs. Follows the STABmons banlist; as of right now nothing is slated for being banned in addition.

Tournament Banlist: Standard STABmons Banlist

Tournament Justification: Movepool is a critical component of the CAP process to ensure our end product is fair and balanced. This tournament throws that out the window. Bonemerang Fire Lash Smokomodo? Sure thing. Dragon Dance Spectral Thief Pajantom? Why not. Spikes Shore Up Equilibra? Sounds like a good time. Let's see who can produce the most devastating teams for what I expect to be a clown fiesta of a metagame.

This is a challenge only format; use the challenge code below.

/challenge STABmons@@@ +Argalis, +Arghonaut, +Astrolotl, +Aurumoth, +Brattler, +Breezi, +Caimanoe, +Caribolt, +Cawdet, +Cawmodore, +Chromera, +Coribalis, +Colossoil, +Crucibelle, +Cupra, +Cyclohm, +Dorsoil, +Duohm, +Electrelk, +Embirch, +Equilibra, +Fawnifer, +Fidgit, +Flarelm, +Floatoy, +Jumbao, +Justyke, +Kerfluffle, +Kitsunoh, +Krilowatt, +Malaconda, +Miasmaw, +Mollux, +Mountaineer, +Mumbao, +Naviathan, +Necturine, +Necturna, +Nohface, +Pajantom, +Paleo Wave, +Persistent, +Plasmanta, +Privatyke, +Protowatt, +Pyroak, +Rebble, +Rebound, +Revenankh, +Scratchet, +Shadow Strike, +Smogecko, +Smoguana, +Smokomodo, +Snaelstrom, +Snugglow, +Solotl, +Stratagem, +Swirlpool, +Syclant, +Syclar, +Tactite, +Tomohawk, +Venomicon, +Venomicon-Epilogue, +Vile Vial, +Volkraken, +Volkritter, +Voodoll, +Voodoom
approved

Tournament Name: SS CAP Ladder Tournament II

Tournament Timeline: Signups for this tour will open once Kaede's CAP STour hits semis.

Host Experience: CAP Ladder Tournament, Inaugural BDSP CAP Tournament, CAP Ghosting Tournament

Tournament Discription: Participants will make an alt to compete in the tour. Each participant will only be allowed one alt per cycle, and they must declare their alt during signup with the correct prefix. There will be 4 one week cycles, in which the top 4 players from each cycle will qualify for the tournament. The tournament itself will be Bo3 single elimination.

Tournament Style: Ladder Tournament Single Elimination Bo3.

Tournament Justification: The first ladder tour was surprisingly fun, and it attracted not only CAP mains, but ladder mains and players from other tiers to it as well. Due to how unique the CAP ladder is, a CAP ladder tournament is a weird, wacky tournament that brings together players from all over. There is proven success with this format in its first iteration, and I cannot wait to get players back on the ladder! I am expanding the number of cycles to 4, as I believe the CAP metagame has grown noticeably, and there should be a decent amount of signups from outside of CAP.
approved (free official cap ladder tour)

Tournament Name: SS CAP Ban Happy Tournament

Tournament Host(s): Me

Tournament Time Frame: Preferably, I would like for Sign-Ups to be up for February 27th through March 6th and start the tournament immediately afterwards. However, given that there are already a fair number of tournaments in the queue, I wouldn't mind having to wait until later into March or even into early April to start the tournament.

Host experience: Hosted The Gauntlet III back in 2014 and served as kjnjkmjk1's co-host for the CAP LC Revival Tournament.

Tournament Description: During Sign-Ups, participants will choose two Pokemon/Moves/Items to ban from any match they are playing in. After winning a round, participants will choose to ban two additional Pokemon/Moves/Items, and so on until the end of the tournament (Round 1 each user has 2 total bans, Round 2 each user has 4 total bans, and so on). Participants have until the end of Sign-Ups / the current round to finalize their bans, and afterwards they cannot be changed. Participants must submit their bans by the end of Sign-Ups/the Current Round, and should they fail to do so, I will randomly choose a Pokemon(s) ranked B- or higher on the Viability List to assign as their ban(s). This system is pretty much exact same system that was used for the Anything Goes Ban Happy Tournament, but I decided to up the ante to make things more interesting.

Tournament Banlist: Standard SS CAP Banlist + participants must follow the banlists of themselves and their opponents during each match.

Tournament Justification: The primary reason I decided to hold this tournament is that lately, I've seen a fair number of complaints regarding the current state of the metagame, in particular to how Cawmodore and the two Venomicon forms are negatively influencing it. I figured hosting a tournament that allows players to remove any elements they find to be problematic in the current metagame to be an interesting method to allow players to play games that they are more likely to find enjoyment out of. I also think that it would help encourage more creative and interesting team building, as the nature of the tournament would likely force users to think more outside the box when it comes to building teams for the tournament.
If you can show a reasonable amount of support for it I'll approve this in the future, but for now let's hold off since the tour schedule is fairly packed at this point.

Tournament Name: SS CAP-Only Showdown

Tournament Host(s): Myself, others have expressed interest

Tournament Timeline: There are a lot of tournaments awaiting approval, so I'll venture to say Mid-March is the most likely

Host Experience: N/A but that's why I posted here to hopefully gain another person

Tournament Description: Participants sign up individually. Bring 6-Cap teams to each match that can be adjusted between any match.

Tournament Style: Bo1 Round robin then break to playoffs depending on tour size (finals, semis, quarters etc.)

Tournament Banlist: All non-CAP mons.

Tournament Justification: CAP exists complementary to the Gen 8 meta game (atm). However, the creativity of mons like Kriolowatt, or the obscurity of mons like Plasmanta mean that CAP doesn't always get to flex its own meta muscles. For the sake of creativity, fun, and a much more robust understanding of the CAP meta, I think this would be a fascinating/enjoyable idea.
Same as above. Generally we want to know for a fact that 16-32 people are interested. I'd also prefer for you to find a cohost with experience hosting tournaments.

approved

approved (free official cap ladder tour)

If you can show a reasonable amount of support for it I'll approve this in the future, but for now let's hold off since the tour schedule is fairly packed at this point.

Same as above. Generally we want to know for a fact that 16-32 people are interested. I'd also prefer for you to find a cohost with experience hosting tournaments.
Hey, would you just like me to get 16 people to say they'd sign up?

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
Tournament Name: THE TODDVITATIONAL

Hosts: Myself

Time Frame: 2 weeks for group stage, worst case 8 weeks for bracket IF bracket resets (explained why below)

Host Experience: CAP metagame mod, hosted tours in the past (notably old seasonals), been involved in setting up/hosting most recent CAP team tours and circuit tours with users like Tadasuke and Quziel.

Description: An invitational tournament where I will invite 20 users to join composed of the best CAP has to offer, both in play and personality. The tournament format is heavily based off of the Smash World Tour and also takes inspiration from other esport events like the LCS playoffs. It begins with a group stage: the 20 players are broken down into groups of 5 and play a round robin of SS CAP Best of Ones. The top 2 players per group are slotted into the winners bracket; the next two players are slotted into losers; the last place player in each group is eliminated.

The tournament then begins the second phase, the actual bracket stage, where the winners bracket progresses like a normal tournament (can either be Best of One or Best of Three sets, will ask the invitees). The losers bracket begins with those 8 players slotted into losers playing against each other, with every other round playing someone who fell from winners.

This would be an event that hopefully not only shows off incredible SS CAP play, but also provides a really great time both for those viewing and for those watching. Invitationals are always hype, a group stage is a really fun watch, and I’ll be looking to 1- commentate as many games as I can, live or otherwise and 2- provide a bit of a cash incentive. It’s going to take a bit of time to get a list of competitors going proper but I’d like to have this conceptualized and out properly before I ask anyone, so here’s the post.

(poorly formatted bracket concept below, bear with me)

Round 1 (Losers get 16-12th)
W vs W, W vs W, W vs W, W vs W
L vs L, L vs L, L vs L, L vs L

Round 2 (Losers Round 2, get 11th-8th)

WL vs LW, WL vs LW, WL vs LW, WL vs LW

Round 3 (Winners Semis, Loser’s 7ths)
WW vs WW, WW vs WW
LWW vs LWW, LWW vs LWW

Round 4 (Losers Quarters)
WWL vs LWWW, WWL vs LWWW

Round 5 (Winners Finals, Losers Semis)
WWW vs WWW
LWWWW vs LWWWW

Round 6 (Losers Finals)
LWWWWW vs WWWL

Round 7 (Grand Finals)
WWWW vs LWWWWWW

Round 8 (Grand Finals Reset)
WWWWL vs LWWWWWWW

Garrett

Banned deucer.
Tournament Name: CAP 1v1 No Johns Tournament

Tournament Host(s):
I'd be fine with me alone; if this were to be conditionally accepted only if I got a co-host with more experience I'd approach some people if that helps.

Tournament Time Frame:
  • Length of Each Round: 3-4 days, but I'm thinking 3 is more in spirit of No Johns
  • Anticipating 4-6 rounds, this is under a month in total duration
Host experience: None I hate the Smogon bureaucracy, but I am capable of maintaining a small pool of players.

Tournament Description:
  • Tournament Style: Single Elimination every round playing at least a best of 5 in CAP 1v1, with future rounds being a higher odd number (I am thinking round K is best of 5 + 2(k-1), for example). Games are a literal minute long, so this is a fast-paced and fun way to spam the absolute hell out of Smogtours lobby chat for those that wish to.
  • Tournament Banlist: Same banlist as what (SS) CAP 1v1 has.
  • Tournament Justification: Realistically, people are lazy. This is the CAP analogue of a random battles tournament where the games are faster and more fresh to the uninitiated. Think of this as a comedic first impression for many first-timers to the CAP tier (those that want to play with real-ish to real CAP sets without building or trying it in something higher stakes).
I am very confident this would get 16 people if at least one degenerate finds out about it and posts their signup post in a likewhore discord.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
Tournament Name: THE TODDVITATIONAL

Hosts: Myself

Time Frame: 2 weeks for group stage, worst case 8 weeks for bracket IF bracket resets (explained why below)

Host Experience: CAP metagame mod, hosted tours in the past (notably old seasonals), been involved in setting up/hosting most recent CAP team tours and circuit tours with users like Tadasuke and Quziel.

Description: An invitational tournament where I will invite 20 users to join composed of the best CAP has to offer, both in play and personality. The tournament format is heavily based off of the Smash World Tour and also takes inspiration from other esport events like the LCS playoffs. It begins with a group stage: the 20 players are broken down into groups of 5 and play a round robin of SS CAP Best of Ones. The top 2 players per group are slotted into the winners bracket; the next two players are slotted into losers; the last place player in each group is eliminated.

The tournament then begins the second phase, the actual bracket stage, where the winners bracket progresses like a normal tournament (can either be Best of One or Best of Three sets, will ask the invitees). The losers bracket begins with those 8 players slotted into losers playing against each other, with every other round playing someone who fell from winners.

This would be an event that hopefully not only shows off incredible SS CAP play, but also provides a really great time both for those viewing and for those watching. Invitationals are always hype, a group stage is a really fun watch, and I’ll be looking to 1- commentate as many games as I can, live or otherwise and 2- provide a bit of a cash incentive. It’s going to take a bit of time to get a list of competitors going proper but I’d like to have this conceptualized and out properly before I ask anyone, so here’s the post.

(poorly formatted bracket concept below, bear with me)

Round 1 (Losers get 16-12th)
W vs W, W vs W, W vs W, W vs W
L vs L, L vs L, L vs L, L vs L

Round 2 (Losers Round 2, get 11th-8th)

WL vs LW, WL vs LW, WL vs LW, WL vs LW

Round 3 (Winners Semis, Loser’s 7ths)
WW vs WW, WW vs WW
LWW vs LWW, LWW vs LWW

Round 4 (Losers Quarters)
WWL vs LWWW, WWL vs LWWW

Round 5 (Winners Finals, Losers Semis)
WWW vs WWW
LWWWW vs LWWWW

Round 6 (Losers Finals)
LWWWWW vs WWWL

Round 7 (Grand Finals)
WWWW vs LWWWWWW

Round 8 (Grand Finals Reset)
WWWWL vs LWWWWWWW
toddproved

Tournament Name: CAP 1v1 No Johns Tournament

Tournament Host(s):
I'd be fine with me alone; if this were to be conditionally accepted only if I got a co-host with more experience I'd approach some people if that helps.

Tournament Time Frame:
  • Length of Each Round: 3-4 days, but I'm thinking 3 is more in spirit of No Johns
  • Anticipating 4-6 rounds, this is under a month in total duration
Host experience: None I hate the Smogon bureaucracy, but I am capable of maintaining a small pool of players.

Tournament Description:
  • Tournament Style: Single Elimination every round playing at least a best of 5 in CAP 1v1, with future rounds being a higher odd number (I am thinking round K is best of 5 + 2(k-1), for example). Games are a literal minute long, so this is a fast-paced and fun way to spam the absolute hell out of Smogtours lobby chat for those that wish to.
  • Tournament Banlist: Same banlist as what (SS) CAP 1v1 has.
  • Tournament Justification: Realistically, people are lazy. This is the CAP analogue of a random battles tournament where the games are faster and more fresh to the uninitiated. Think of this as a comedic first impression for many first-timers to the CAP tier (those that want to play with real-ish to real CAP sets without building or trying it in something higher stakes).
I am very confident this would get 16 people if at least one degenerate finds out about it and posts their signup post in a likewhore discord.
So you're gonna need to find a cohost with a badge in order to operate smogon's bracketmaker and successfully mass tag people in your weekly posts, but once you do that this is approved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)