Survivor Circus Survivor Season IV: WON BY DLE, EPISODIC RECAP IN DISCORD READ OP

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I think you are wrong about most of that and got lucky that Alore didn’t vote there

Da Letter El
[10:57 PM] DuckDuckPwn: idt viper can ever vote you out
[10:57 PM] DuckDuckPwn: i've already told you i never will
[10:57 PM] Alore: the only 100% safety I have is with you and Viper
[10:57 PM] Alore: or rather
[10:57 PM] Alore: *100% top 3
[10:57 PM] DuckDuckPwn: i dont think viper wants me in top 3 lol
[10:58 PM] Alore: i dont care
[10:58 PM] DuckDuckPwn: but yeah
[10:58 PM] DuckDuckPwn: either way
[10:58 PM] Alore: if im going with viper, you are too

Da Letter El

Alore was not voting me at 5

EDIT: Oh to clarify, that log was at f7, right around when Alore was convinced that Wolv was the correct vote for him to make there.

Da Letter El

Oh right, I was saying I told two lies this game. The first lie was "I haven't talked much with rad at all" when I had spent a good 2-3 hours detailing how he could win if he stabbed Wolv and had other conversations following that. I remember the second lie now. That I wouldn't vote Alore.

Alore told me to vote him at f4 though, which is really the only reason I did it.

DLE, can you explain to me how you contributed the most to the challenges pre swap and post swap?
The post swap challenges consisted of a soccer challenge that the other team pretty much threw, a puzzle challenge that you contributed to some but others also put in a lot of effort for, and a winnie the pooh challenge that no one took the lead in (3 of you guys got to christopher robin).
In the pre swap challenges aura stands out as the largest contributor, because he took on the math challenges and made sure our coordinates were 100% accurate for the geoguesser challenge. As for the puzzle challenge, almost all of us contributed the same amount. The pokemon challenge is hard to assess because viper asked people to throw it for him.

Also, Jalmont and Hannah actually talked to me while you iced me out. I'm unsure how good your social game actually is because I didn't get to see a lot of it for myself. You talked a lot about how you went around trying to vote me out in your initial posts and I'm wondering if you consider that to be your greatest move this game? Is there other social plays you made that you are proud of that I should be aware of that also contribute to you having the best social game out of everyone?

My game:

I have always struggled with FFA-like games because I want to play them in a certain way that is not optimal. That is, I prefer to work together with people who I feel I can trust and go as far as we can together. I enjoy working on teams and with people I know I can trust 100%. Unfortunately, that's obviously not usually sustainable in games like this. It's why I tend to avoid FFA mafia games and prefer normal mafia, since at least then there's a high chance that you'll have teammates you can bounce ideas off and work together with. But even though I know it's futile to try, I do go into games like these wanting to find a solid core and work together with them as much as possible (and by that I mean to the end).

That didn't happen for me this game. With the exception of RODAN, I really wasn't able to find myself in a comfortable spot where I felt trusted in an alliance. I did my best to reach out to people but I never really found myself super comfortable in my surroundings, which was a shame. I think that is partially my fault because I was reluctant to lay everything on the table and make the kind of deals that I wanted people to offer me, but I do think I was right to be hesitant about trusting anyone fully. That hesitancy I think allowed me to not be naive about the info people were telling me and let me make the best decisions possible for myself. A large part of why I got to the end is that I avoided doing everything I could for others I felt I could trust. I had to make the decisions that were in my interests because I didn't have anyone to rely upon.

I don't want to make it sound like I'm accusing anyone or criticizing the alliances and relationships people already had/made in the game. But I think that what makes my run to the end remarkable and different from either DLE and Hannah is that I lacked a tight partnership and alliance with anyone in the game (other than RODAN ofc). There were no easy paths for me to get to the end, and the fact that I managed to do so without needing to go on an immunity run suggests my ability in avoiding votes and persuading others to keep me in the game. While I may have wanted to, I didn't need the surefire alliances that others had or timely immunities to avoid what would have been certain elimination. I got to the end by my own merits, not by luck or by needing other people to make subpar decisions.

You could of course call this a flaw in my game, that I lacked any kind of social bond with others because I didn't create a strong alliance. I don't think that's true. Throughout the game, I reached out to every single player that I was on a tribe with. I did my best to create the bonds that would've led to a strong alliance and get to know people and not be comfortable with how things stood. Could I have done more? Absolutely. But my philosophy in this game has been to let people make the decisions that they want to, regardless if I felt they were wrong or misguided. I didn't want to force anyone to do anything they were uncomfortable with and that they didn't want to do. That's just not my style, and I think for this game, it was a particular strength of my game.

I want to argue then that my game was predicated on that personal philosophy. While I certainly did my best to influence the game and be proactive as far as votes were concerned, I also did not want to infringe upon other people's personal beliefs and desires about the game, even if I felt that they would regret that decision. I told Wolv that voting out RODAN was not the right play at the time, and that proved to be true. You can argue this put me in bad positions - I could've done more to convince people not to vote RODAN, or have done more in trying to keep trace and rad on my side, but that's just not the type of player I am. I let people do what they want and then made adjusted my game based on their decisions. I think that's a unique style of gameplay that may seem passive, but actually allowed me to hold a lot of power in terms with thinking about and knowing what direction the vote was heading in. I don't think there was a single vote in this game that I was a part of that I was relatively "blindsided" on.

I think I had some really good reads on the game - DLE might try and convince you that he persuaded me to do x, but I can you tell that isn't the truth. I had full autonomy in all my decisions, and they were almost all universally the correct ones. I didn't want to vote Trace because I thought he and I were allies, but voting him turned out to be the correct choice. My intuition that he was drifting away from my side was right. I made the right choice in voting Viper to protect myself at F6. Voting Wolv was probably the most difficult decision I made all game, but I made it because I felt that it would give me the best chance to get far in this game and I think (although I don't know for sure ofc) that it was the right choice, as hard as it was to do. Every vote, I had a general sense of what people wanted to do and what was going to happen. I don't think Hannah and DLE can say the same.

If I had to sum this up briefly: I deserve to win because of the challenges I faced that largely were out of my control to reach the end. I overcame and defeated the obstacles in front of me without needing certain clutch immunities or having a super tight knit alliance, using instead only my own social skills. I gave it my all in every aspect of the game, socially, strategically, and challenge-wise, and I think the unique characteristics of my game which I hope I have been able to somewhat elucidate here mean that you should vote for me as the sole survivor.

I know this post is fairly vague, but this is mainly just for people to get a sense of my game and me. I definitely will be going into specifics especially in answering questions and what not. But I gotta dip for now!

Two things I want to address before getting to questions:

da letter el said:
Both of them at f6 outright said that they would want me in their final 3
I'm not sure I outright said this ever, but I never actually truly felt this and I told Hannah that my ideal final 3 at that point in the game was probably a f3 without you. I think (and it should've been obvious to most everyone) that you were a big threat for anyone in a final 3 situation. Rad knew this, and I emphasized this to hannah, but dle managed to win some clutch immunities to the point where hannah/alore didn't want to consider voting him. I chose not to get DLE out at 5 (or at least push for him as one of hannah/alore would have been needed) because at that point I felt that a f4 without RAD would almost certainly force me to win immunity to proceed, where as with DLE there was another person that I could both work with and potentially argue against. I also felt that DLE's presence meant that strategically speaking one of hannah/alore would have to take both of us at that point in order to stand a chance of winning since I thought they couldn't win versus just one of us. So while I identified DLE as a threat and did try and at least bring his name up to be voted out, the way things shook out, it just wasn't something that was feasible.

Wolv - re: what you PM'd me in discord prior to being voted out. I didn't get to see it and I didn't respond because of the rules. I honestly probably wouldn't have voted out at that point if I had seen that, but unfortunately I only woke up after deadline. The reason why I didn't vote with you is that to that point i didn't feel secure in an alliance with you. I felt that I was pretty much on the outside, given that you hadn't really given me anything concrete to that point, and had voted out RODAN. For me, it just hard for me to see me being anything but at the bottom with you, while at least with viper I knew that I could use his status as a threat to keep myself safe for at least a little while longer. So yeah, I feel bad because you did keep me around the vote earlier but I had to make the move that was best for my game at point. I hope you can understand that.

THE SCIATIC NERVE We were only together on Rufflets 1, what did you do for me there that can help convince me vote you?
First off, I want to say I don't envy your position given that you've basically had no interaction with any finalists other than me in this game! I think you have a tough task in picking a winner so GL.

To your question then: from the start I felt like you were someone that would be strategically smart about the game that could I could potentially work with. You also ended up being a really strong challenge performer for us. The way in which I perceived you then meant that I wanted you to stick around, while also realizing that you could be a threat. I know I told you that I voted ssr because of "the majority" but the truth is that I pushed for that vote because I was concerned that ssr would play like he did in the previous survivor and be loyal to someone (which I thought was likely to be you). I felt that you had the potential to be a dynamic player that I could ally with in the future, but given SSR's presence I was worried you wouldn't go down that path unless pushed (which I don't blame you for). Essentially, I wanted to vote him out to further open up the possibility of working together with you. Given the swap, it didn't work out, but I do think that I had built up a good rapport with you in the meantime where had we been on the same tribe, we could've worked together. Maybe you feel differently, but that at least is the sense I had at the time.

So yeah, obviously you'll probably see this and realize that I didn't really help you, at least in the sense that I worked together with you in order to advance your own interests. What I did do for you though is avoid targeting you because of the potential I thought you had and the respect I had for you as a player and went after your potential allies instead in order to I guess "persuade" you into being more willing to work with others/me. Obviously it didn't end up working out due to the throwing shenanigans but I think you would've made it far otherwise and it's shame we didn't get a chance to see you make the merge.

So yeah, hopefully that suffices/somewhat answers your question.

Sorry RODAN, gotta board this flight so I will get to ur q tomorrow.

Alore

i'm sorry
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
In the form of a song could each remaining survivor illustrate to me how your time on Circus Survivor IV has felt thus far.

I'd like to reward creativity, accuracy and/or humour here by increasing my stock of FTC voting bias in the responses I find most clever.

Edit: meaning a youtube or spotify link

Da Letter El

DLE, can you explain to me how you contributed the most to the challenges pre swap and post swap?
The post swap challenges consisted of a soccer challenge that the other team pretty much threw, a puzzle challenge that you contributed to some but others also put in a lot of effort for, and a winnie the pooh challenge that no one took the lead in (3 of you guys got to christopher robin).
In the pre swap challenges aura stands out as the largest contributor, because he took on the math challenges and made sure our coordinates were 100% accurate for the geoguesser challenge. As for the puzzle challenge, almost all of us contributed the same amount. The pokemon challenge is hard to assess because viper asked people to throw it for him.

Also, Jalmont and Hannah actually talked to me while you iced me out. I'm unsure how good your social game actually is because I didn't get to see a lot of it for myself. You talked a lot about how you went around trying to vote me out in your initial posts and I'm wondering if you consider that to be your greatest move this game? Is there other social plays you made that you are proud of that I should be aware of that also contribute to you having the best social game out of everyone?
Sure. I'll start with pre-merge and then get some breakfast.

Aura put in the most on the first challenge, this is indisputable. I was the one that recognized the second movie as being Rogue One. I could claim I directed for people to reverse image search here, but that's disingenuous; multiple people recognized that as a potential solution. I took a leading role in double/triple checking and narrowing down the Wikipedia race, as well. I helped set you on the right direction in looking for search terms/operators that could help you identify the quote, though claiming too much credit there once again is disingenuous. If you want a ranking on contributions here, it would probably go in the order of: Aura Guardian, Wolv, me, viper, rest in some order. Everyone worked well together on this.

So for the geoguessr challenge, if I remember correctly, the person who actually found out how to get exact coordinates was actually Knights (drop the point, click on "what's here"). While Aura Guardian took on much of the actual number grabbing and plugging of numbers into the google doc, I'm fairly sure in terms of the process of doing so, that was a KoC realization -- feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. On a more general level, I was the one looked to typically for questions of "which map should I help with," as well as the one who organized submissions and got hal to make a separate channel so that we could keep organized. In terms of total location work, I identified Q1 as Mexico due to the Spanish language and the topography, narrowed Q2 down to a single city in Laos or somewhere in Cambodia due to the dates of Google maps visiting the location, identified Q3 as Cambodia due to its street signs, found the exact location for Q5 after I believe Wolv discovered it was in San Antonio, identified Q6 as in a Spanish/French/creole speaking country and most likely Spanish/creole (although this was ignored), found exact location for Q7 and found the spot of town of the now-closed restaurant to begin finding exact location for it, identified Q8 as Scandinavia with the sign that read something like "sandbjerg" something (it's been a while, forgive me for not double checking), identified and found exact location for Q9 from a strong hunch of south Africa based on the climate and from googling portions of the appearing street sign regarding the botanical garden, and directed for zorbees at Q10 to look into the phone number posted and look for them in conjunction with being a clinic/hospital and found exact location. I was the one looked to for double checking each and every location prior to submission. I put in tons of effort into click-a-thon-ing throughout Cambodia, Laos, and Mexico as well, though how much credit anyone wants to give to ultimately fruitless effort is up to them. I don't think it's unreasonable to say I did the most here by a very significant margin; there were exactly 2 out of 11 puzzles that I had no hand in physically solving, and was the primary contributor to around 7, including the only two we exclusively had over Rufflets.

For the epuzzle, I both was present for multiple practice runs and in both puzzles I contributed to was either the top scorer for tiles placed or second highest (only Hannah I believe scored higher on one puzzle; once again, correct me if I'm wrong). I helped keep spirits up in the call with Hannah/Alore/KoC when the puzzle was a visual nightmare to look at and KoC had little practice with the game and took on most of the directing in terms of who/what should go where on the medium puzzle. I put together the doodle for schedules while people were spending 20 minutes talking about scheduling without actually making any progress that solved that problem, as well, and let us actually focus on the puzzle and on practicing.

For the pokemon challenge, and for losing challenges, it's worth looking into effort as a metric, since ultimately, we lost, so you just judge whether someone actively made that more or less likely. Viper asking for people to throw the pokemon challenge is news to me, but I don't give that much credit, since:

a. viper won

b. your game was lost on team preview (you had nothing to beat trace's fat stuff)

c. I'm fairly sure if you were told to throw/given a bad team, it was because viper wanted trace to look good in the pokemon challenge such that he could ally with trace later, not off of some macro-level play on trying to push for an overall tribe loss

d. the only other player who might have "thrown" was ifml not switching out on a wood hammer, and I don't think viper and ifml were particularly close at that point, considering ifml ended up being the off-vote that tribal

e. viper (and alore, who viper was closest to) both were trying to organize practice games for me in ubers and did not direct me to throw said challenge, as well as provided an ubers team that was legitimately good. I don't think this was a general case of being on the outs there

f. alore would be too proud to throw lc

My game loss was off a crit + an 85% miss, which was about a 1% chance of occurring. I took on a tier and practiced both on the ladder and against more skilled competition despite having little recent competitive pokemon history in a tier no one else felt comfortable in and largely outplayed my opponent. I put myself in a position to win there 99/100 times against someone that actually plays pokemon. I felt that for specific practice for the tier and for the challenge, I think it's fair to say I put in the most on the tribe, even if it ended up in an unlucky loss, with viper being the only other one who directly contributed more to attempting to win there.

Da Letter El

re: jalmont

I don't want people to get the idea that I forced jalmont to come to the decisions he did at f8/7/6 (or that I'm arguing that he didn't); he absolutely had autonomy in those decisions, as does anyone in a game of survivor. But in each of those decisions, I was largely the one bringing voice to the strategy behind why those votes needed to happen, against what might be jalmont's initial inclination. It's always a he-said-she-said on who thought what first, but I'll provide logs later that illustrate my role in those votes.

a. viper won

b. your game was lost on team preview (you had nothing to beat trace's fat stuff)

c. I'm fairly sure if you were told to throw/given a bad team, it was because viper wanted trace to look good in the pokemon challenge such that he could ally with trace later, not off of some macro-level play on trying to push for an overall tribe loss

d. the only other player who might have "thrown" was ifml not switching out on a wood hammer, and I don't think viper and ifml were particularly close at that point, considering ifml ended up being the off-vote that tribal

e. viper (and alore, who viper was closest to) both were trying to organize practice games for me in ubers and did not direct me to throw said challenge, as well as provided an ubers team that was legitimately good. I don't think this was a general case of being on the outs there

f. alore would be too proud to throw lc

My game loss was off a crit + an 85% miss, which was about a 1% chance of occurring. I took on a tier and practiced both on the ladder and against more skilled competition despite having little recent competitive pokemon history in a tier no one else felt comfortable in and largely outplayed my opponent. I put myself in a position to win there 99/100 times against someone that actually plays pokemon. I felt that for specific practice for the tier and for the challenge, I think it's fair to say I put in the most on the tribe, even if it ended up in an unlucky loss, with viper being the only other one who directly contributed more to attempting to win there.
a. I tried many times to throw my game, didn't work

b. sure

c. not my intentions, I actually just wanted one of the circus players on vullas out. I asked ifml and alore to throw as well

d. I was actually p close with ifml and I was the off vote on the KOC vote for seperate reasons

e. it was a case of you being on the outs and I didn't mind umbreon looking good if he won and even if you won we could still throw

f. :shrug:

Da Letter El

The sad part about the puzzle challenge is the viper asked a lot of us to throw that one as well....
I think the fact that the puzzle challenge was won despite people trying to throw that should also probably speak to some level of challenge strength there, fwiw

But that's interesting; didn't realize viper was trying to throw certain challenges outside of the typing one. Also didn't realize viper was the off-vote. Curious, why did you off-vote there ItzViper482?

I'll talk about post-swap in a bit

I think the fact that the puzzle challenge was won despite people trying to throw that should also probably speak to some level of challenge strength there, fwiw

But that's interesting; didn't realize viper was trying to throw certain challenges outside of the typing one. Also didn't realize viper was the off-vote. Curious, why did you off-vote there ItzViper482?

I'll talk about post-swap in a bit
It was just being worried about idols and hannah getting screwed by an idol.

The geoguesser is hard to guage contribution on because a lot of us found the same places at the same time.
I found the restaurant at the same time as you and I found the specific place in denmark that sign was from but I'm not sure if other people did as well. Most of those locations weren't too impossible, it was just whoever managed to look at the pictures and google the signs first. Also that challenge lasted so long that a lot of us contributed to a majority of the locations at some point, so it's really hard to compare efforts, and what gave us the edge overall was being able to pinpoint the location. The what's here? prompt sometimes took you a few kilometres away from the location, and aura was the one who helped get exact coordinates by playing around with google maps from what I remember.

You contributed to all of the challenges, no one can deny that, but on the vullabies no one stood out as the challenge champion because we all put in a lot of effort and contributed a lot. That's why I see Jalmont as the strongest at challenges overall, because he won it individually the most.

Although I could argue that Alore was secretly the challenge champion because that one challenge win was ridiculous lol

Two things I want to address before getting to questions:

I'm not sure I outright said this ever, but I never actually truly felt this and I told Hannah that my ideal final 3 at that point in the game was probably a f3 without you. I think (and it should've been obvious to most everyone) that you were a big threat for anyone in a final 3 situation. Rad knew this, and I emphasized this to hannah, but dle managed to win some clutch immunities to the point where hannah/alore didn't want to consider voting him. I chose not to get DLE out at 5 (or at least push for him as one of hannah/alore would have been needed) because at that point I felt that a f4 without RAD would almost certainly force me to win immunity to proceed, where as with DLE there was another person that I could both work with and potentially argue against. I also felt that DLE's presence meant that strategically speaking one of hannah/alore would have to take both of us at that point in order to stand a chance of winning since I thought they couldn't win versus just one of us. So while I identified DLE as a threat and did try and at least bring his name up to be voted out, the way things shook out, it just wasn't something that was feasible.

Wolv - re: what you PM'd me in discord prior to being voted out. I didn't get to see it and I didn't respond because of the rules. I honestly probably wouldn't have voted out at that point if I had seen that, but unfortunately I only woke up after deadline. The reason why I didn't vote with you is that to that point i didn't feel secure in an alliance with you. I felt that I was pretty much on the outside, given that you hadn't really given me anything concrete to that point, and had voted out RODAN. For me, it just hard for me to see me being anything but at the bottom with you, while at least with viper I knew that I could use his status as a threat to keep myself safe for at least a little while longer. So yeah, I feel bad because you did keep me around the vote earlier but I had to make the move that was best for my game at point. I hope you can understand that.
I didnt know you were in a final 3 alliance with Rodan at that point? You tried to play neutral so much in pms that I just voted for whoever.
My game:

I have always struggled with FFA-like games because I want to play them in a certain way that is not optimal. That is, I prefer to work together with people who I feel I can trust and go as far as we can together. I enjoy working on teams and with people I know I can trust 100%. Unfortunately, that's obviously not usually sustainable in games like this. It's why I tend to avoid FFA mafia games and prefer normal mafia, since at least then there's a high chance that you'll have teammates you can bounce ideas off and work together with. But even though I know it's futile to try, I do go into games like these wanting to find a solid core and work together with them as much as possible (and by that I mean to the end).

That didn't happen for me this game. With the exception of RODAN, I really wasn't able to find myself in a comfortable spot where I felt trusted in an alliance. I did my best to reach out to people but I never really found myself super comfortable in my surroundings, which was a shame. I think that is partially my fault because I was reluctant to lay everything on the table and make the kind of deals that I wanted people to offer me, but I do think I was right to be hesitant about trusting anyone fully. That hesitancy I think allowed me to not be naive about the info people were telling me and let me make the best decisions possible for myself. A large part of why I got to the end is that I avoided doing everything I could for others I felt I could trust. I had to make the decisions that were in my interests because I didn't have anyone to rely upon.

I don't want to make it sound like I'm accusing anyone or criticizing the alliances and relationships people already had/made in the game. But I think that what makes my run to the end remarkable and different from either DLE and Hannah is that I lacked a tight partnership and alliance with anyone in the game (other than RODAN ofc). There were no easy paths for me to get to the end, and the fact that I managed to do so without needing to go on an immunity run suggests my ability in avoiding votes and persuading others to keep me in the game. While I may have wanted to, I didn't need the surefire alliances that others had or timely immunities to avoid what would have been certain elimination. I got to the end by my own merits, not by luck or by needing other people to make subpar decisions.

You could of course call this a flaw in my game, that I lacked any kind of social bond with others because I didn't create a strong alliance. I don't think that's true. Throughout the game, I reached out to every single player that I was on a tribe with. I did my best to create the bonds that would've led to a strong alliance and get to know people and not be comfortable with how things stood. Could I have done more? Absolutely. But my philosophy in this game has been to let people make the decisions that they want to, regardless if I felt they were wrong or misguided. I didn't want to force anyone to do anything they were uncomfortable with and that they didn't want to do. That's just not my style, and I think for this game, it was a particular strength of my game.

I want to argue then that my game was predicated on that personal philosophy. While I certainly did my best to influence the game and be proactive as far as votes were concerned, I also did not want to infringe upon other people's personal beliefs and desires about the game, even if I felt that they would regret that decision. I told Wolv that voting out RODAN was not the right play at the time, and that proved to be true. You can argue this put me in bad positions - I could've done more to convince people not to vote RODAN, or have done more in trying to keep trace and rad on my side, but that's just not the type of player I am. I let people do what they want and then made adjusted my game based on their decisions. I think that's a unique style of gameplay that may seem passive, but actually allowed me to hold a lot of power in terms with thinking about and knowing what direction the vote was heading in. I don't think there was a single vote in this game that I was a part of that I was relatively "blindsided" on.

I think I had some really good reads on the game - DLE might try and convince you that he persuaded me to do x, but I can you tell that isn't the truth. I had full autonomy in all my decisions, and they were almost all universally the correct ones. I didn't want to vote Trace because I thought he and I were allies, but voting him turned out to be the correct choice. My intuition that he was drifting away from my side was right. I made the right choice in voting Viper to protect myself at F6. Voting Wolv was probably the most difficult decision I made all game, but I made it because I felt that it would give me the best chance to get far in this game and I think (although I don't know for sure ofc) that it was the right choice, as hard as it was to do. Every vote, I had a general sense of what people wanted to do and what was going to happen. I don't think Hannah and DLE can say the same.

If I had to sum this up briefly: I deserve to win because of the challenges I faced that largely were out of my control to reach the end. I overcame and defeated the obstacles in front of me without needing certain clutch immunities or having a super tight knit alliance, using instead only my own social skills. I gave it my all in every aspect of the game, socially, strategically, and challenge-wise, and I think the unique characteristics of my game which I hope I have been able to somewhat elucidate here mean that you should vote for me as the sole survivor.

I know this post is fairly vague, but this is mainly just for people to get a sense of my game and me. I definitely will be going into specifics especially in answering questions and what not. But I gotta dip for now!
Rodan never contacted me at all during his vote out so for all I knew he had put together an alliance of zorbees/you/dle/trace and him and wanted to take out everyone. Which was partially true. Therefore from my position voting rodan was absolutely the best vote to make at the time. I was never made privy to his plans to betray his alliance and vote out dle or zorbees, otherwise I probably would have flipped on the vote. That wasn't good gameplay, you allowed your closest ally to be eliminated and put yourself in greater jeopardy every vote afterwards because you guys didn't communicate your positions well enough. At least you had the chance to save Rodan.
Also I'm pretty sure your second immunity win did save you from being voted out, unless viper always planned to vote one of zorbees or dle out with the rest of us, not 100% sure on that one. Your third immunity win definitely saved you. I'm not upset about this though, because winning challenges is part of survivor so I don't think it makes you a worse player if you had to win challenges to stay in the game.

From my POV you're pretty lucky to be in final 3 because you managed to dodge a tie vote simply because of a player not managing to vote on time. Your lack of allies could have been your downfall if not for strict deadlines. So personally, I think your strategy of not allying anyone came down to a lot of luck in the end.

Also, can you explain why you chose a f3 that guided you to a spot with DLE? It should be obvious that DLE would be a massive FTC threat and you had opportunities to make moves towards eliminating him earlier in the game.
Same goes for you DLE btw if you actually read this.

oh the question for DLE was about why he didnt make moves to eliminate jalmont before f3 earlier in the game.
he said he had a strong social game so he should have been able to eliminate jalmont considering he would have a stronger ftc game than alore and radicate and viper and me.
Also, you said your social game was the best, so you should have been fine eliminating jalmont and making it to ftc. I hope you dont say you needed jalmont as a number because that would undercut your relationships with other people.

I'm editing this post for clarity and I dont know if i can edit previous posts or not so rip
The question for DLE was about why he didnt make moves to eliminate jalmont before f3 earlier in the game, considering Jalmont would have a stronger ftc game than alore and radicate and viper and me.
Also, you said your social game was the best, so you should have been fine eliminating jalmont and making it to ftc. I hope you dont say you needed jalmont as a number because that would undercut your relationships with other people.

Da Letter El

oh the question for DLE was about why he didnt make moves to eliminate jalmont before f3 earlier in the game.
he said he had a strong social game so he should have been able to eliminate jalmont considering he would have a stronger ftc game than alore and radicate and viper and me.
You are correct that I would have been fine eliminating jalmont. I almost certainly vote him at 4 (although I hadn't made up my mind on it; I'd have let jalmont argue it out to me), and voting rad over jalmont at 5 wasn't really a decision that felt particularly problematic.

At f5, Hannah had added me to an f3 chat with Alore. At that point, I was more than confident that neither Hannah nor Alore would vote me out from that point forward, so taking jalmont over rad into f4 didn't make any difference in terms of risk of being voted out at 4, so there wasn't ever really any pressure there.

I could have eliminated jalmont at 5 if I had wanted to (Hannah was more inclined for a jalmont vote there than a Rad one). I felt I had the stronger social game and that jalmont really hadn't functionally done much at that point barring what he had done in pre-swap Rufflets, of which I can't speak to. While I'm sure you're right that risking rad being in f3 over jalmont is probably less of a threat come ftc, I felt a. that I beat both of them fairly handily in f3 and b. that I liked jalmont more and felt him having a chance at immunity at f4 would make for a more fun f3.

Da Letter El

I should note that jalmont clearly didn't do nothing this game; he helped push a trace vote with Wolv, while I did the same with Alore/Hannah at f8, which I imagine helped things a decent bit on that front. But relatively speaking, I'm fairly confident I did more to get safety when it was needed and built relationships overall better than jalmont did.

I didn't do as well as I could have with maintaining the Hannah/Wolv/zorbees/dle chat post-marge as well as I could have, but I think my reasons for not doing so were even if wrong, justified. I think Hannah's position later on come f6 at being much more bothered by "snaking" via Alore/RAD than by me outright telling her at f6 what I was doing helped show that my choices were to either be up-front about a direction I was taking, or to simply not be assumed to be part of some f3 etc. coalition. The blindside at f11 at the time especially reinforced my feelings there and brought about fears of an f5 being planned between Alore/Hannah/viper/Rad/Wolv at 10 that needed action, and viper giving push-back at 11 to zorbees and I wanting Rad out especially brought about that. This ended up being useful for helping to give reason to talk more with jalmont to facilitate the f8-6 votes more smoothly. As noted, I needed to convince 2/3 of Alore/jalmont/Rad to vote for Wolv at 7 there, and was at worst an influence to all 3; more likely being a significant/determinant one.

Da Letter El

stronger ftc game than alore and radicate and viper and me.
I should respond to this specifically

alore: correct
rad: correct, especially after the botch at f6
viper: viper had an interesting f3 position. He made a lot of people mad, but he also did a lot. I felt he had the most variance there, variance I never would want to risk
wolv: you severely underestimate yourself. After RODAN left, prevailing voices I was hearing were painting you as ftc threat #1

Alore

i'm sorry
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I think Hannah's position later on come f6 at being much more bothered by "snaking" via Alore/RAD
If you mean that I was snaking then for the 1000th time, I was completely open that I was voting Wolv - even to Wolv himself - this was not a snake as I never lied to anyone about doing so (not that it matters now)

If not then I apologise, lol.

Da Letter El

If you mean that I was snaking then for the 1000th time, I was completely open that I was voting Wolv - even to Wolv himself - this was not a snake as I never lied to anyone about doing so (not that it matters now)

If not then I apologise, lol.
no you're interpreting that correctly; misunderstanding then from:

[10:27 PM] DuckDuckPwn: yea i think you sorta have to vote wolv here
[10:27 PM] DuckDuckPwn: and i think you and hannah are close enough that she'll get it if you tell her about it, either before or after
[10:27 PM] DuckDuckPwn: i had to tell her before because im not as close to her as you are
[10:27 PM] DuckDuckPwn: i think you could do it after and be fine
[10:30 PM] Alore: lol dude, she will be so pissed
[10:32 PM] DuckDuckPwn: you know hannah better than i do
[10:32 PM] Alore: sorta
[10:32 PM] Alore: i lowkey accidentally ignore her most of the time
[10:32 PM] DuckDuckPwn: lolrip
[10:32 PM] Alore: but i do that to everyone so
[10:32 PM] Alore: lol

I thought you were telling me that you were going to vote for Wolv without telling Hannah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)