International WiFi Tournament -International Challenge- WON BY Cybertron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kudos to Worn from France. I just really haxed someone for the first time and they didn't even DC, even at this stage of the tournament. I might have still won either way, but I got very lucky which sadly made it a no contest.

Only had one DC out of five today, which is even more surprising (and that was a US player with a 1550~ rating which made little sense for a DC). I'll probably at least try to get to 75 games played before I pack it in, as I reckon my DC ratio had cost me by the end of day one anyway haha

Edit: Just played Dozz! Haha

Was a good game but I lost out mainly to a Hydro Pump miss. The flinch turn one made it a bit of a problem too as I couldn't do what I wanted to do and possibly Rest next turn.. :(

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If anyone here is Jenkins from the UK (1914), great game. Won 1-0, rating should be around 2000 now.

Just had a great game with Iss, very close, he ended up winning 1-0 I don't know if that crit on my hitmontop early on made much difference but anyway gg mate :)

Nice to finally face another Smogoner!

My battle count updated (from 70 to 104) and my rating did not. :/

What the hell. It appears to be working now, at least, but I could have been doing a bunch of other things yesterday.
~Uiru

If anyone here is Jenkins from the UK (1914), great game. Won 1-0, rating should be around 2000 now.
Hey yeah thats me, sorry I must have posted at the same time you did, great game and your ratings amazing you must be topping the rankings!! Again Great game and good luck with the rest of your match ups :)

Havak

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just faced 1700+ Kintaro (or something like that) from Germany. They had a good team but I 4-0'd and they DC'd. Don't let them take a win against you :)

Edit: Also had a game against a Brazilian who didn't DC, probably because of how good a game it was!

92-08533-10714

I made a bad start in truth but I knew they would switch out Tyranitar and didn't want to risk Hydro Pump.

How much was the best score of your opponents? In autumn friendly i faced some 2000+ and 1900+, and a lot of 1800+ ...now i only found a 1966 (he quitted on me lol) few 1800/1700+ and a lot of 1500/1600+
Is it me or scores are lower compared to autumn friendly?

How much was the best score of your opponents? In autumn friendly i faced some 2000+ and 1900+, and a lot of 1800+ ...now i only found a 1966 (he quitted on me lol) few 1800/1700+ and a lot of 1500/1600+
I didnt play in the Autumn Friendly although the highest ranked player I have faced over the whole tournament was Iss earlier on 1985, I think this was his score at the time, otherwise Ive only played a handful of 1900 ranked players and the majority have been in the 1700/1800's.

Hopefully for the next one TPCi can come up with a more structured way to deal with the D/Cer's.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I somehow never faced anyone with a higher rating than me, and the only person with 1800+ that I faced was Eraddd. It feels like 1900+ scores are more scarce, but there are more people in the 1600s and 1700s.

Havak

Just defeated DAMIAN in a good game in which I won 2-0, he was over 1800 rating so obviously disconnected when I won.

Havak

Just defeated a Dutch player named Uwe 4-0. They were using a Whimsicott with both Encore and Beat Up..

The highest rating I've seen is ~1820. The ratings seem substantially lower this time around because people are actually following the rules. Their ratings would be much higher because they wouldn't have any losses because they would've just dq'd. I think this is a small step for Nintendo in trying to improve Pokemon battles with ratings.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've only faced one player with a ranking over 1800 in this event: a Japanese player with 1820 whom disconnected right after I 3-0'd him. Suffice to say I am done as I don't expect to have wifi again until after this is over. Expect some youtube videos to be posted which shall include my matches with Enfusion, skarm & Tombstoner along with various other randoms.

Kudos to those that scored high this time, and if your disconnection rates are high I'd suggest submitting a complaint to TPCi in hopes it will prevent your being disqualified. I had complained last time during Autumn (un)friendly and recall having a high disconnection rate as well.

Havak

I know I keep posting, but was just completely smashing an Italian player named shony who had a high rating. They DC'd as well so be sure not to give them wins if they beat you :P

Defeated another Italian player with a high rating called 'Calo' with some smiley faces in their name, they DC'd as well.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm done. I haven't written down wins and disconnects for a while, but I'm somewhere around 120-9-90. Rating is 2000 on the dot.

edit:

Wow, iss, that's really impressive.

I've pretty much quit this, so I'm not going to do many, if any, more battles. Good job to everyone with a high ranking!

last nite came across abunch of d/c and lost alot. I now have a rank of 1461 with 8 battles... PITIFUL COOLBIZ. Honestly I should have a rank around the high 1700, I SWEAR TO YOU, but it was fun...not really

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I'm done. I haven't written down wins and disconnects for a while, but I'm somewhere around 120-9-90. Rating is 2000 on the dot.
That team is wicked, I'm-a probably gonna steal it for VGC :P

Also, the 90 disconnects will probably disqualify you :(

Pretty sweet-looking team, iss! Sand + Trick Room?

Just had a battle I would've saved if it wasn't for me unceremoniously freezing his Yache Berry Thundurus...

Is anyone else having a problem where the # of battles update but not the rating? I either have that problem or I somehow only gained 2 points in 20 battles.
So far I got 1751 with around 42-9-7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)