Now is your Chanse(y)! WiFI Tournament Series 2 Sign Ups!

Ok, well, i have that new thread with shadowbulba (who i think is probably going to want to enter also), but i havent updated my sig yet.

I really like that idea, Pablo. I think that it is nice that both players end up with some sort of recollection of the match whether it be a win or a pokemon.

If I sign in will I battle trough wi-fi on my DS or are we battling trough Smogon? =?
I'm new here so I don't now how it goes when battling here ^^

bobdigsea - cool I'll add it in my next edit.

TFS - Oh alright, I forgot that. I'll add you in on my next edit.

bennythecop - The title of the thread says WiFi, and you don't have a trade thread so I'm sorry but you do not qualify to participate.

ThePunisher - I'm right = I'm ok with the proposal? Ok then. I'll add you in on my next edit.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Th idea of the winner giving something to the loser is ok, but as stated before there will be some drawbacks with potentially useless/hacked stuff, but I guess that can be overcome easily :)

anyways, you can sign me up if you like

Th idea of the winner giving something to the loser is ok, but as stated before there will be some drawbacks with potentially useless/hacked stuff, but I guess that can be overcome easily :)

anyways, you can sign me up if you like
YEah but that is why it MUST in that persons trade thread, and I have a plan to make sure people get somethig worthwhile for sure ;). I'll sign you up indeed.

Neos93 - read the first post.

I want to join this. And I really like the "special" rule. :)

I suck but it would't matter since I get a poke. That's awesome ^^

I also would like to join. it seems fun :P
I like the idea of the winner giving/breeding something for the person that lost. it lets every one get a prize instead of 1st-3rd place and gives you more motivation to sign up for the next tourney. good idea :P

I'd like to sign up. This sounds cool.

As for the idea I don't want to give/receive Pokemon. I don't want people redistributing my Pokemon that I worked so hard on.

Sign me up
about the proposal i dont mind either way
kind of weird for the loser to get a pokemon and not the winner
but i'll lose anyway probably XD

Well that's definately the mentality I don't want for this. The point is to keep encouraging matches to be played. Winner is encouraged since they can do well and get Top Cut/bragging/prizes. Loser gets a Pokemon to make up a little in case they miss that. Person who goes 0-5 or 0-6 will still come out happy since they recieved 5 or 6 Pokes.

I also doubt this will hurt your business if that is what you're worried about. You Scruffy, would be able to give out something like your Jolly Chomp, loser won't be ale to complain and he will most likely alredy have the better redis one available. It's not that big a deal I don't think, and please don't take this the wrong way, it's just a simple discussion and the Pokes thingie is not final yet. Signing you up.
But if the winner gives out Pokemon that won't be "valuable" to the person receiving (like someone giving a Vaporeon to forbidden), then that's not incentive at all. I think this causes more problems than it prevents.

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
'Take it or Leave it'

Really, if you don't need it, release it.

Don't be an asshole about not getting something specific you wanted from their thread, they have control over what to give you anyhow.

If they're gonna be an asshole about recieving something crappy from this they shouldn't play.

But if the winner gives out Pokemon that won't be "valuable" to the person receiving (like someone giving a Vaporeon to forbidden), then that's not incentive at all. I think this causes more problems than it prevents.
Why would this cause any problems in the first place, you should be joining this to battle and have fun, not the prizes. You should also be doing this develop your skills even further, and for the sake of battling and having fun. So what if you get a sucky Pokemon, that means completely nothing, it's just to encourage you to do your battles. BTW, who ever said forbidden was going to lose :P

EDIT: Agreeing with DawnBringer.

'Take it or Leave it'

Really, if you don't need it, release it.

Don't be an asshole about not getting something specific you wanted from their thread, they have control over what to give you anyhow.

If they're gonna be an asshole about recieving something crappy from this they shouldn't play.
quoted for the truth

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How the hell did I miss the sign-ups for this?

I'd like to be in, obviously.

My proposal, is for every match that gets completed, the winner has to decide to award something to the loser, that is self-bred. Can be something cool, or can be something that no one has asked you for. It is COMPLETELY up to the winner of the match, and the loser cannot complain about what he/she gets. I think it'd be a nice touch to encourage the matches to be completed, and for example, I wouldn't be giving out something like my Quiet Licklicky, but maybe something like my Eevee or whatever, it's again, up to the winner solely and this is simply a proposal, not something that will be enforced, and hence why I want feedback.
Sounds like a half-decent idea to me.

Lol, sorry about that, um I think its a decent idea, that way you can get a prize even if you lose.

Can I join now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)