Zeraora [QC 0/2]

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
:ss/zeraora:
[SET]
name: Physical Pivot
move 1: Plasma Fists
move 2: Volt Switch
move 3: Knock Off / Toxic
move 4: Close Combat / Toxic
item: Heavy-Duty Boots
ability: Volt Absorb
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Zeraora makes for a a reliable offensive pivot in the metagame thanks to its good offensive typing, access to Volt Switch, and useful coverage options. Zeraora also boasts the highest unboosted Speed tier in OU, which allows it to revenge kill prominent offensive threats such as Dragapult and Alakazam. Knock Off enables Zeraora to hit Dragapult and to weaken its checks such as Hippowdon, physically defensive Clefable, Tangrowth, and Amoonguss by removing their items. Close Combat hits Ferrothorn super effectively and is Zeraora's strongest option against the likes of Rotom-H and opposing Zeraora. Either of these moves may be dropped in favor of Toxic, which puts on timer defensive Pokemon like Hippowdon, Tangrowth, and Gastrodon. Heavy-Duty Boots provides Zeraora with an immunity to entry hazards, letting it safely pivot around for a long time. A Jolly nature is generally preferred, as it enables Zeraora to outpace positive-natured Dragapult. If you want more firepower at the cost of Zeraora's Speed tier above Dragapult, however, you are free to opt for an Adamant nature. Volt Absorb is Zeraora's only ability, but it grants Zeraora an immunity to Volt Switch from the likes of opposing Zeraora and Rotom-H.

Zeraora fits on bulky offenses and balances looking for a reliable offensive pivot and revenge killer. Pokemon that can deal with Zeraora's check like Hippowdon and Tangrowth, such as special Dragapult, Kyurem, and Hydreigon, are needed alongside Zeraora, which, in return, is able to pivot them in safely via Volt Switch. Pokemon like Volcarona, Rillaboom, and Scizor appreciate Zeraora's ability to pressure Toxapex and Corviknight. Pivots like Mandibuzz, Dragapult, Blissey, and Rillaboom can bring Zeraora onto the field safely. Spikes support from Ferrothorn or Skarmory is very appreciates by Zeraora too, as entry hazards strongly help Zeraora score KOs and make Volt Switch spam more impactful.

[SET]
name: Special Pivot
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 3: Grass Knot
move 4: Aura Sphere / Knock Off
nature: Timid / Modest
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Special Zeraora capitalizes on Pokemon like Clefable and Toxapex usually running physically defensive spreads to hit them harder than physical Zeraora while not triggering Baneful Bunker and Rocky Helmet and still acting as a good offensive pivot with Volt Switch. In addition, this Zeraora is able to lure in and destroy some of physical variant's best answers - Hippowdon and Gastrodon - with Grass Knot. Aura Sphere's main purpose is to hit Ferrothorn, which doesn't fear any other move on this set. Aura Sphere may be replaced with Knock Off, which not only covers Dragapult but also provides a useful utility in removing foes' items like Rotom-H's Heavy-Duty Boots and Ferrothorn's Leftovers. Volt Absorb enables Zeraora to prevent the opponent's Volt Switch via immunity to it. Heavy-Duty Boots allows Zeraora to repeatedly come in on the field for much less cost. A Timid nature lets Zeraora outspeed positive-natured Dragapult, but a Modest nature grants stronger damage output.

Pokemon that appreciate the likes of Hippowdon gone are great partners to special Zeraora. Examples include Excadrill, Scizor, and Tyranitar. Pivots such as Dragapult, Blissey, and Rillaboom bring Zeraora on the field safely. Physically offensive threats like Urshifu, Excadrill, and Rillaboom enjoy physically defensive Pokemon like Clefable and Tangrowth being weakened by Zeraora. Ferrothorn and Skarmory can provide Spikes support, which is very appreciated by Zeraora.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Egor, 439341]]
- Quality checked by: [[, ], [, ]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ]]

Last edited:
[SET]

name: Physical Pivot
move 1: Plasma Fists
move 3: Knock Off / Toxic
move 4: Close Combat / Toxic
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Personally I feel like you can never justify dropping knock for toxic, so remove mentions from it there.

[SET COMMENTS]

Zeraora makes for a a reliable offensive pivot in the metagame thanks to its good offensive typing, access to Volt Switch, and useful coverage options. Zeraora also boasts the highest unboosted Speed tier in OU, which allows it to revenge kill prominent offensive threats such as Dragapult and Alakazam. Knock Off enables Zeraora to hit Dragapult and to weaken its checks such as Hippowdon, physically defensive Clefable, Tangrowth, and Amoonguss by removing their items. I feel like Rhyperior + Ferrothorn are much better examples here given how item reliant they are compared to tangrowth + amoonguss Close Combat hits Ferrothorn super effectively mention drill and is Zeraora's strongest option against the likes of Rotom-H and opposing Zeraora. Either of these moves may be dropped in favor of Toxic, which puts on timer defensive Pokemon like Hippowdon, Tangrowth, and Gastrodon. again, rhyperior > gastrodon here; it's a much more relevant example atm and given its lack of recovery, the effects of toxic are a lot more apparent Heavy-Duty Boots provides Zeraora with an immunity to entry hazards, letting it safely pivot around for a long time. I'd rather you rephrase this to "safely" as opposed to "around for a long time"; I think safely describes it a lot more accurately since "around for a long time" is lowkey kinda vague and suggests that it has some sort of longevity (ie recovery ) which it doesn't have. A Jolly nature is generally preferred, as it enables Zeraora to outpace positive-natured Dragapult. If you want more firepower at the cost of Zeraora's Speed tier above Dragapult, not really relevant given that most dragapult are modest rn; if you're going to mention speed tiers, i'd rather you mention opposing zeraora since that's the biggest tier you lose out on imo however, you are free to opt for an Adamant nature. Volt Absorb is Zeraora's only ability, but it grants Zeraora an immunity to Volt Switch from the likes of opposing Zeraora and Rotom-H.

Zeraora fits on bulky offenses and balances looking for a reliable offensive pivot and revenge killer. Pokemon that can deal with Zeraora's check like Hippowdon and Tangrowth add amoonguss here, such as special Dragapult, Kyurem, and Hydreigon, Ideally you'd want to mention something that can actually immediately forces out these mons, and pult isn't particularly something that does that; replace it with togekiss and make kyurem the first example. are needed alongside Zeraora, which, in return, is able to pivot them in safely via Volt Switch. Pokemon like Volcarona, Rillaboom, and Scizor appreciate Zeraora's ability to pressure Toxapex and Corviknight. I don't know whether I like this point; In an ideal scenario then this works but realistically you're rarely actually getting the chance to remove these mons, so perhaps replace this w/ a point about wearing down shared checks alongside mons such as urshifu, dragapult, rillaboom, crawdaunt, etc. Pivots like Mandibuzz, Dragapult, Blissey, and Rillaboom can bring Zeraora onto the field safely. If you were to follow my last point, i feel like it would be better if you merged the two points together so you get something like "pokemon such as xyz weakens stuff like clef / grasses etc. for zera; y and z also provide zeraora with u-turn support" Spikes support from Ferrothorn or Skarmory is very appreciates by Zeraora too, as entry hazards strongly help Zeraora score KOs and make Volt Switch spam more impactful. mention ferrothorn's ability to abuse amoonguss and grasses in general.

[SET]
name: Special Pivot
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 3: Grass Knot
move 4: Aura Sphere / Knock Off
nature: Timid / Modest
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

knock > aura; label this set as mixed

[SET COMMENTS]

Special Zeraora capitalizes on Pokemon like Clefable and Toxapex usually running physically defensive spreads to hit them harder than physical Zeraora while not triggering Baneful Bunker and Rocky Helmet and still acting as a good offensive pivot with Volt Switch. Few things: First, I want you to go back and separate this sentence into their two respective points since it's an absolute bloody mouthful here. Second thing is that I want the subject of the introduction to reflect its mixed nature given and all that. In addition, this Zeraora is able to lure in and destroy some of physical variant's best answers - Hippowdon and Gastrodon - with Grass Knot. Aura Sphere's main purpose is to hit Ferrothorn, which doesn't fear any other move on this set. Aura Sphere may be replaced with Knock Off, which not only covers Dragapult but also provides a useful utility in removing foes' items like Rotom-H's Heavy-Duty Boots and Ferrothorn's Leftovers. Volt Absorb enables Zeraora to prevent the opponent's Volt Switch via immunity to it. Heavy-Duty Boots allows Zeraora to repeatedly come in on the field for much less cost. A Timid nature lets Zeraora outspeed positive-natured Dragapult, but a Modest nature grants stronger damage output. specify that you 2hko max spdef hippo after lefties.

Pokemon that appreciate the likes of Hippowdon gone are great partners to special Zeraora. Examples include Excadrill, Scizor, and Tyranitar. The latter two examples aren't the best; ttar are mostly spdef and scizor beats spdef hippo; replace these examples with volcarona and twave dragapult respectively. Pivots such as Dragapult, Blissey, and Rillaboom bring Zeraora on the field safely. Again, this is really bloody vague; stuff i said earlier applies here, limit these to offensive options and expand on what they do. There should be like 20 mentions of Grassy Terrain buffs and luring in xyz mons for zera to switch into. Physically offensive threats like Urshifu, Excadrill, and Rillaboom enjoy physically defensive Pokemon like Clefable and Tangrowth being weakened by Zeraora. i don't like these examples at all; max physdef clef is still beating you ridiculously easily and tag just regens damage off. it's probably better off removing this altogether. Ferrothorn and Skarmory can provide Spikes support, which is very appreciated by Zeraora. same shit applies here about ferro abusing grasses etc. etc.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Egor, 439341]]
- Quality checked by: [[curiosity, 443485 ], [, ]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ]]

Tag me once you've implemented everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)