BSS Zekrom

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
:ss/zekrom:
Zekrom @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Dual Wingbeat

Zekrom has carved out a shocking niche in the Series 11 metagame with its unique typing, as it hits every restricted legendary neutrally or super effectively with its STAB moves! Its ability, Teravolt, allows it to ignore abilities like Unaware, which makes Zekrom one of the few physical setup sweepers that can break the stall core of Quagsire and Eternatus. This set is straightforward; Dragon Dance once and sweep your opponent with Zekrom's strong STAB moves both in and out of Dynamax. Because Zekrom will be your primary Dynamax sweeper, Outrage is preferred over Dragon Claw for its higher base powered Max Move. Dual Wingbeat gives Zekrom access to Max Airstream, allowing Zekrom to outrun Choice Scarf users and Zacian-C even if it doesn't have the opportunity to use Dragon Dance. Zekrom is weak to bulky Ground-types like Landorus-T and Hippowdon, so bulky Water-types like Tapu Fini are good partners. Celesteela deserves a special mention as a partner for its ability to check both Landorus-T and Zacian-C.

I know this is a bit long, but not sure what I can really shave off...I'll see if GP has any comments on that front.

For QC, I think we should commit to slashing Draco after Dual Wingbeat based on usage. DD/Bolt Strike/Outrage are on virtually every set, and the 4th slot is where you have the flexibility for either Wingbeat for Max Airstream or Draco for a nuke on phys def Lando/Quag switches to soften them up for a DD sweep later. I wrote the analysis with that thought process in mind, but I want a second opinion before I rework the slashes on the set.

Tagging Theorymon Psynergy cant say for QC

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So only thing of note is this line to me:

Draco Meteor is also a viable option over Dual Wingbeat as it hits Landorus-T and Quagsire harder than Outrage if you aren't ready to set up yet.
Did you mean Draco Meteor over Outrage in this line? I mean, you probably COULD get away with a Zekrom that has double Dragon STAB, but I personally haven't seen that. Might be hard to fit in, but Draco Meteor is also your most powerful Dragon STAB that doesn't lock you in, which is nice when there's a lot of stuff like Zacian-C and Landorus-T that can pick off locked in Zekrom.

Otherwise, this seems good to me!

QC Approved 1/1!

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
So only thing of note is this line to me:

Did you mean Draco Meteor over Outrage in this line? I mean, you probably COULD get away with a Zekrom that has double Dragon STAB, but I personally haven't seen that. Might be hard to fit in, but Draco Meteor is also your most powerful Dragon STAB that doesn't lock you in, which is nice when there's a lot of stuff like Zacian-C and Landorus-T that can pick off locked in Zekrom.

Otherwise, this seems good to me!

QC Approved 1/1!
Nah I meant double dragon STAB. But, I think CS is right, probably best to just drop Draco from that slash and keep it as Outrage/DClaw for this set. WP set is a whole different story which we aren't working into this spotlight because this is not the place for it. Implemented, and ready for GP

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
GP Check
blue = add
red = delete
green = comments
Zekrom @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Dual Wingbeat

Zekrom has carved out a shocking niche in the Series 11 metagame with its unique typing, (add comma) as it can use neutral or super-effective STAB moves on hits every restricted legendary allowed neutrally or super effectively with its STAB moves! Its ability, Teravolt, allows it to ignore abilities like Unaware and, (add comma) which makes Zekrom one of the few physical setup sweepers that can break the stall core of Quagsire and Eternatus. This set is straightforward; (colon->semicolon) Dragon Dance once and then sweep your opponent with Zekrom's strong STAB moves either in regular form or while Dynamaxed both in and out of Dynamax. Because Zekrom will be your primary Dynamax sweeper, Outrage is preferred over Dragon Claw for the its higher base powered Max Move. Dual Wingbeat gives Zekrom access to Max Airstream, which can allow allowing Zekrom to outrun Choice Scarf users or and Zacian-C even if it doesn't have the opportunity to use Dragon Dance. Zekrom is weak to bulky Ground-types (add hyphen) like Landorus-T and Hippowdon, so bulky waters Water-types like Tapu Fini are good partners. Celesteela also deserves a special mention as a partner for its ability to check both Landorus-T and Zacian-C.

stag stamp.gif

1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)