National Dex ZardX + Stallbreaker Gengar Webs [1775 peak so far]

Hey, this is my first post / RMT so any feedback is appreciated. Having a lot of fun with this team using mons I like that has been working really well vs a number of diff team archetypes and hard counters a few of the super spammed things on the ladder rn, namely fire ogrepon. Without further ado...

The Team

6-1.png

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Dragon Dance
- Flame Charge / Flare Blitz
- Outrage / Dragon Claw / Scale Shot
- Earthquake

Started with Zard X on this build to stop losing games over ogrepon fire getting 1 trailblaze off. 4x resists fire/grass and neutral to fairy so one of the few offensive mons that stonewalls that demon (please suspect/qb that thing asap btw). I prefer Outrage over DClaw for the breaking power, which has helped me breaking through dondozo as it will 2hko it with about 30% previous chip, as well as cleanly 2hkoing from full if it tera dragons which is it's most common tera. Scale Shot is a multihit option but is a lot weaker as you don't get the Tough Claws boost, but I tinkered with using a few times as the multihit ensures weak armor mons like Ceruledge and Polteageist cannot sweep so long as you land. In my testing SD Flame Charge Outrage EQ had the most success, but it still works well with the more standard DD set if that's more your style.

596-0.png

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder
- Energy Ball

Using Galvantula over Ribombee or Shuckle as it matches up better vs Glimmora leads (Thunder 2hkos and has a chance to deny SR/Mortal spin altogether if you para full para) and the Magic Bouncers (Tera Grass Eball OHKOs M-Diancie if it megas). Also Twave is 100 accuracy with Galvantula, won't let you down like Ribombee's Stun Spore. Really helpful in the rain matchup as well.

145-1.png

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Thunderous Kick

IMO this is one of the most slept on scarfers in the tier and I don't really know why other than the fact you can't run Reg Zapdos alongside it. Great speed tier outpacing common scarfers and sweepers like Scarf Lele, Scarf Urshifu, +1 Bax and +1 Great Tusk and can clobber all of them with a tera flying Brave Bird. Also this is my mon to prevent defog, if they fog you're a base 100 scarfer with 700 attack with flying fighting coverage which is pretty much guaranteed to punch holes. Notably unable to break through defensive Gholdengo and the somewhat rare Aegislash, but the rest of the team has no trouble with those mons so it's usually an easy U-turn click if they have one of those.

990-0.png

Iron Treads @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner / Stealth Rock

Treads is my favorite spinner period. Blazingly fast, hits hard and has the coverage options you need. Rock Tomb has been very valuable on this team as it is an additonal insurance against Firepon, as well as destroying Volc and Moltres, two common switchins to Treads. I prefer Ice Spinner to SR on this team just to prevent things like loaded dice garchomp from getting out of hand and obviously for smacking Lando-T/Gliscor.

94-0.png

Gengar @ Air Balloon
Ability: Cursed Body
Happiness: 0
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

This Gengar set is the glue of the team and has put in an unbelievable amount of work for me. Outside of just being a spinblocker, with an air balloon this set absolutely stonewalls Blissey/Chansey/Clod/Hippowdon/Skarmory and Corv lacking brave bird/Standard Dnite, and is packing Encore to prevent setup and will lock attempted spins/EQs into spin allowing you free reign to smack whatever comes in. Another really underrated mon that is a lot of fun and singlehandledly won me games vs 1850ish stall players and allows me to keep up the webs essentially forever vs teams only packing spin. Tera Fairy to absorb Clangorous Soulblaze and to possibly get you out of a pursuit trap situation, and Dbond + web lets you almost guarantee a 1 for 1 given Gengar's blazingly fast speed tier + the web.

647-0.png

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Tera Type: Water
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Flip Turn
- Surf
- Secret Sword

Lastly, Specs Keld is our final breaker and it hits like a truck. Using Air Slash over Icy Wind for the flinch chance as well as a harder hit on Rillaboom, and it can come in clutch if paired with a para from Galvantuna. Other than that, Surf/Secret Sword rip through standard defensive cores if you get the prediction right, and Flip Turn is there for momentum.

Importable: Here
Replay vs 1800 elo Stall: Here

Let me know what you think!

Great squad, not sure how relevant stall is in the current metagame now that screens HO has been dominating. But that’s a really cool Gengar set, and it effortlessly compresses a lot of roles for your team. I wonder if Air Balloon Gholdengo might be more useful. You would still wall the same threats, except you’d also be immune to Will-o-wisp and Thunder Wave. Losing Encore would suck, but getting Nasty Plot and Recover would be an even bigger advantage versus stall. It might help a little versus HO as well, since you’d be able to check Baxcalibur, Sneasler, Ursaluna-BM, and Iron Valiant.

1696541480844.png

Gholdengo @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 12 SpA / 128 SpD
Tera Type: Fairy/Water
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)