National Dex Zard-Y & Scarf Dracozolt Wallbreaker Offense | Ft. Scarf Greninja

Hey, this is my new offense-based team featuring some mons I don't see often but are fun to use and sweep the meta. Dancing around 1550-1750 ELO
By all means, please provide feedback and constructive criticism. ("Your team sucks" isn't feedback or constructive criticism.

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/0b5993c3b639ca11

Mega-Charizard Y

charizard-megay.gif

Charizard-Mega-Y (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Weather Ball
- Air Slash
- Scorching Sands
- Roost

One of the most impactful members of the team, Charizard Y is always packing heat (pun intended). With weather ball, it simply plows common annoyances like CosPower Clef and Gliscor. It OHKOs almost all variants of Gliscor and does enough damage to CosPower Clef even with 2 boosts to take it out after a few turns. Air Slash is pretty much needed to deal with things that can take a Weather Ball well, but take big damage from Air Slash. Scorching Sands is an obvious choice as it makes dealing with Heatran a possibility. Roost for extra health if you can get away with it. You could sub ScorSand for Focus Blast, but it is generally unreliable and you already have ScorSand for Heatran.

Snorlax
snorlax.gif

Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 144 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Heat Crash
- Superpower

If I had a nickel for every game this big guy clutched, I might be able to afford to feed him. With the Choice Band, he can break through so many things it is ridiculous. Return is your main move of choice here. It has a fairly neutral type matchup with everything. Anything that resists normal? That's what the rest of your moves are for. Superpower cleans out TTar and Aggron (Non-Mega) with ease. Heat Crash is great for OHKOs on Scizor (Mega included) and Ferrothorn. Earthquake is just there for more coverage. The greatness about this set is everyone expects a Curse set-up so they send out something that gets clapped promptly. The SpDef investment makes this thing your Offensive Blissey basically, great for dealing with Volc most notably.

Dracozolt
dracozolt.gif

Dracozolt @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

It is rare you see Dracozolt off a Sand Team but here he is. Jolly + Scarf gives him a comfy 409 Speed, outspeed the likes of Mega-Lop, Weavile, Garchomp, Fini, the list goes on and on of potential threats to Draco that he handles with ease. Volt Absorb provides a way to halt VoltTurn cores and get some health back because most expect Hustle, which I find unreliable. Everyone knows why Bolt Beak is cracked. Earthquake is there for coverage. Outrage is there for other dragon types like Garchomp and late-game clean-up on Def weak or low health mons. Fire Fang is preferred over low kick for more reliability, especially in sun.

Rillaboom
rillaboom.gif

Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- U-turn

Here they are, your friendly neighborhood rain team destroyer. Everyone knows how Rilla works. I went with a simple set, a little more offensive without the band commitment. Knock Off is your biggest tool, USE IT. Rilla is a good switch in against MegaTTar if you ever see it. The set is pretty self-explanatory.

Mandibuzz
mandibuzz.gif

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost

My personal favorite defogger and favorite bird pokemon. Mandibuzz is almost always a reliable switch when ur current mon can't take an incoming hit. HDBs are there to allow you to maximize defog potential. Roost for longevity. Foul Play is so useful on Mandibuzz, many mons are forced to set up to kill it only to be shut down. Most notably, Zard X is a matchup you should always win with this. Uturn is there for pivot use.

Greninja
greninja.gif

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

And from the deepest, darkest part of the underworld, Scarf Greninja. This thing has bodied teams not prepared for its whopping speed. This should almost always be your lead. Uturn is your friend, do not use it sparingly. Ice Beam coverage really cannot be excluded from this set, because it is just too good. Extrasensory is good for getting those fast fighting types out of the way early. Mega-Lop leads are common but get almost always OHKO'd by an Extrasensory, major threat gone EARLY. HP Fire is absolutely needed when going up against Scarf Kartana, easy OHKO. This is also a great way to counter the common scarf Gengar, usually OHKO, definitely with chip. Keep the Timid Nature, any fast mons with Scarfs like Serperior, Gengar, and Infernape will mop the floor with you if you aren't Timid Nature.

THREATS:
Kyurem-Specifically the DD, Sub variety
Volc-If you let it set up and Snorlax is gone, gg
Opposing Sun Teams can be kinda tricky from time to time
(I know the list is short, but there aren't many threats from what I've picked up, just a lack of skill on my end)

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/0b5993c3b639ca11

Hey

Unfortunately this team hasn't got much synergy and consistency in terms of the members. I think that having multiple lower tier mons is bringing you down because Snorlax and Mandibuzz are only good in their metagames, and even then Snorlax has dropped in NU, and Dracozolt is reliant on sand, and even then is checked by Gliscor and Defensive Landorus, very common mons in the metagame. So scarfing it is also limiting it. I think we can salvage Char Y, Rillaboom and Gren.

RedSky's Heat (pokepast.es) Here is what I have. Now Charizard needs Solar Beam over Air Slash for things such as Tapu Fini, Mega Swampert and Gastrodon. Rillaboom needs Wood Hammer over superpower to hit Clef, Pex and Gliscor more reliably. Greninja's set was very odd, having scarf is unnecessary for this team and having it as a full on special attacker wasn't great because extrasensory doesn't hit pex reliably and if heatran comes in on a hp fire, you're locked. I think lorb mixed is a much better option here to hit walls better. Corv is here over mandi as the one of the best hazard removal mons in the metagame, as well as a more reliably ground immunity than zard, Chomp as a wallbreaker and electric immunity and fini as a a defensive sweeper.

I'll be honest with you, even this team isn't the best around, however I think without changing too much it's the best you're going to get. My advice, not instruction, is to change Rillaboom to Kart and Gren to Weavile and build around that core. But this is only advice.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with most of that except for Solar Beam on Zard-Y, that was a good suggestion. The team you provided leaves you wide open to really any electric chip or sweep, kyurem sweep, and hawlucha sweep. The team has also synergized perfectly for me, even without a Z-Move. Snorlax's tier doesn't apply here because it is not a traditional set and proper use of this new set can provide some insight in to what I mean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)