Yugioh! TCG Thread

alright I was wondering if anyone here would like to do some trades?

atm Im looking for these cards:

3x Mezuki
1x Burial From a Different Dimension
1x Celestua, Lightsworn Angel
2x Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
2x Solar Recharge
2x Judgment Dragon

these are the major cards I'm looking for atm. I know Judgment is probably gonna be a pain in the ass and Mezuki is new but doesn't hurt to ask.
trying too build both lightsworn and zombies? I wish I wasn't such a cheapass when it comes to this game. (just to make sure, you aren't trying some sort of hybrid lightsworn mill/zombie build right? I've seen attempts on pojo, they looked ugly.)
xcpetro might still have still have his celestia, but I have no idea how you two would go about trading. Btw, he neglected to mention that he pulled an ultimate rare lyla in his winner's packs... lucky bastard

Now for why I was posting in the first place, I wanna see what you guys think of my new build. With the possibility of EEV in the duelist genesis special edition pack, it's become possible to make a virus control deck cheaply (minus CCV of course). This is my creation, a $30ish deck that has the potential to be a powerhouse

Viral Skill Drain
monsters: 20
3x fusilier dragon, the duel mode beast
3x giant kozaky
3x giant orc
3x giant germ
2x zombyra the dark
2x dark necrofear
2x mask of darkness
1x sangan
1x morphing jar

spell: 6
2x hand destruction
1x monster reborn
1x premature burial
1x heavy storm
1x mystical space typhoon

trap: 14
3x Deck Devastation Virus
3x Eradicator Epidemic Virus
3x skill drain
3x reckless greed
1x mind crush
1x torrential tribute

I'd be happy to explain any of my choices, comments and fixes are of course welcome. Keep in mind though, single cards that will double to triple the cost of this deck aren't what I can get my hands on (allure, DAD, and the like)

I traded Celestia... Got two Cyber Dragons for it and Wulf I think so for me that was just fine. Looking back I should've held on until the new Lightsworn support was released in TDGS because Lightsworns are only getting better.

I hope they do bring back Chaos Sorcerer. He's fun. Cheap too. I don't know personally but I highly doubt he'll win games on his own. Yeah he helps but Nothing incredible just looking at him. 2300 attack is what I think makes him only good. Monarchs kill him and so do my Gadgets after a Shrink!

Anyway, the deck above me is beautiful. Minimally playtested though. We're talking Gadgets, Macro Monarchs, Wetlands, and a 99% Proxied/ 100% Netdecked Gladiator Beast deck (We had Murmillo). Originally there was Nimble Momonigga who got momo of his brothas from downtown to score mad livepoynts foo, but the hilarity had to stop for the practicality of more Fiends for Necrofear oh and lolburn. That only made the absence of Crush hurt even more.

EDIT: It lost to Zombies in a close match because of the Player not the deck. He would've lost sooner if I didn't walk him through a few plays... :toast:

Oh and didn't we decide Sangan was an iffy card? Morphing Jar too but to a lesser degree... Now if we had Crush this'd be different but we've been over why all of our cards combined wouldn't cover that cost.

I mean everytime you got Sangan and it died it was always... "I'll take... maaask? yeah ok"

Lightsworn is for my brother, I'm playing Zombies (already have everything, minus DAD and Mezuki.. but I'm not touching DAD until September).

the viral deck looks okay for now but it relies too much on drawing into Skill Drain. Definitely get Allures, they aren't as expensive as you think. I would definitely cut the monster size down. You also need some type of monster destruction to take out monsters.

Lightsworn is for my brother, I'm playing Zombies (already have everything, minus DAD and Mezuki.. but I'm not touching DAD until September).

the viral deck looks okay for now but it relies too much on drawing into Skill Drain. Definitely get Allures, they aren't as expensive as you think. I would definitely cut the monster size down. You also need some type of monster destruction to take out monsters.
Monster destruction in what way? Small annoying monsters are dealt with easily due to both DDV and skill drain, and mid sizes tend to get run over by my own monsters. The problem is monsters over ~2500 attack, which I don't have too many outs for aside from straight up taking them with necrofear
Is it worth maindecking exiled? should I have generic destruction like smashing ground and fissure?
(xcpetro's gonna kick me for this one, I have it in every deck i make) Is creature swap viable? I've got plenty of targets for it, a facedown giant kozaky would be especially hilarious
^
Q: my opponent has two monsters in the field (lets go with mobius and jerry beans man). I attack JBM and turn orc to defense. During main phase 2, I activate creature swap, then pass. Can my opponent change giant orc to attack mode at the end of his turn, or does he have to wait till his next turn?
the specific text is this:
If this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase. You cannot change this battle position until the end of your next turn.

How expensive is not as expensive as I think? I'll probably wait until the next banlist regardless, no use in trying for two if they get limited. It's not like this deck is being completed until October anyway, so I've got time.

On a side note, is there any chance of beast king barbaros coming out as an exclusive in The Duelist Genesis? He'd be kickass in here

edit: yea I probably would have won that game against the zombies if I didn't play so terribly. My fault, not the deck's.

Looking at the confirmed cards, Barbaros has two spots it can fill, 095 and 097. If one were to assume it would take the former, which it most likely to do, the only other card that would fit in that spot would be Demonic Motor Omega, so there is always a possiblility. But I'm too sure on this, so don't blame me if it's wrong.

The Gold Pack I got today contained a nice Mirror Force =D
I've been wanting to get my hands on one of those since I've started this game =]
I'll keep buying Gold Pack's until my online store runs out, I still want Crush...
(The pack also contained my third Gold Pack Swords of Revealing light >_> )

I traded Celestia... Got two Cyber Dragons for it and Wulf I think so for me that was just fine. Looking back I should've held on until the new Lightsworn support was released in TDGS because Lightsworns are only getting better.
I assume you've read about "Charge of the Light Brigade"...That card is simply awesome.

Exactly what I was talking about. And the fact that there's no chance the banlist will touch them helps. I mean who'd think they're good? They haven't topped in a while.

We can't affiord Allures. $30-40 is out of our price range. If we proxied them in and they were absolutely incredible then maybe $20 we could figure out in cards and spare cash. I think that might happen after the Banlist touches on DAD but then there's now Zombies who want them. If they top early on after the list there's NO chance we'll pull off getting them.

Oddly enough, drawing Skill Drain was never an obvious weakness... I'll try to figure out if that was pure luck or what while at work today. I mean, yeah there was times it wasn't drawn, but it never hurt the deck really. The opponent's hand still got Carpet Bombed to hell.

there are two barbados cards.

are you aware of this?
BOTH fit perfectly into the deck. PERFECTLY.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Beast_King_Barbaros

and the 3800 beatstick from hell
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Beastgod_Machineking_-_Barbaros_Ur

so basically, you use fusilier and barbados, or at least get them in the grave, and then you summon this guy easily, and with skill drain, say hello to a 3800 quick summoned monster. ouch!

but seriously... do we need more nasty destruction?
I vote no to chaos sorceror, maybe yes if dmoc/reborn are banned and allure/ddraw are restricted/limited

holy shit, i had no idea that second one even existed. I figure if he does come out, I can take out dark necrofear and make the deck less fiendy, more machine/beast-warriory.

according to pojo (yea I know how stupid that sounded), we're getting this guy instead of beastking:
TDGS-EN097 - Ice Master
Water/Spellcaster-Effect/Lv 8/2500/2000
You can special summon this card from your hand by tributing 2 water monsters. Once per turn, you can place an ice counter on 1 face-up monster. You can tribute this card to destroy all monsters with an Ice Counter(s).

lame.

my opinion on chaos sorcerer coming back is this: if they ban/limit DAD, ban/limit allure and d-draw, ban reborn, sure. People crying over DAD will need some sort of good news.
On a related note, what does everyone think about DAD's destiny hero draw engine? I've only played it once, and it was probably the stupidest match I've ever had in my life. The guy drew through half his deck without really doing anything, and proceeded to DAD my field to hell. Fun.

I played the D-Draw/Allure/Trade In Engine just twice and they were in Monarch decks but seriously wtf.

And Hawk, you realize by taking out Necrofear and other Cards you start losing DARKS... you know for the Viruses... Even if Skill Drain, Fusilier, and Beastking were searchable the second Barabos isn't necessary

tbh, I feel like deck-dev doesn't do enough to warrant 3x quantity.
Sure, it kills weenies, but aren't your monsters going to do that anyways?
they're all huge by comparison. I can't see the point.

Also, maybe you should do phantom beasts if you want to switch to more beast-warriory.

they're all beast-warriors, look up the four cards.
cross-wing: backbone. all phantom beasts get 300 atk when it's in the grave. stacks, and goes past skill drain.
thunder-pegasus: useful for stopping attacks
elk-thing: forget his name, but he's a 1700 beatstick, can go up to 2600 four star with three cross wings
rock-lizard: huge-ass monster whose effect happens in the graveyard, past skill drain (if destroyed by opponent's card effect, deal 2000 to opponent) who gets boosted up to 3100 max, and it's a 1-tribute with phantom beasts.

you can run card trooper to ditch-and-draw which dumps cards into the grave to use (hopefully crosswings) and some other machine cards to do neat stuff

just a thought, really.

I use to play the card game but couldnt afford to buy boosters all the time :( thats why i enjoyed playing the video game version of it. Speaking of that pokemon needs to do the same and copy yu gi oh

tbh, I feel like deck-dev doesn't do enough to warrant 3x quantity.
Sure, it kills weenies, but aren't your monsters going to do that anyways?
they're all huge by comparison. I can't see the point.
There's a few reasons. Cards like spirit reaper and ryko are going to give me issues if i don't have skill drain on the field, and there are going to be games where I don't draw into skill drain at all. Trust me, giant kozaky isn't going to be much use for me w/o skill drain, he's better off going to DDV.
It preemptively kills plays, lets me see the opponent's hand, and gives me an out if my opponent attempts destruction/ control on one of my monsters.
Also, as the card name suggests, DDV is devastating to some deck types, gadgets especially. (ey there petro ;) )

Worst comes to worst, I can side it out for 7 tools of the bandit of bandit or something in the second game

Our decks combined consist of Gadgets, Macro Monarchs, Viral Control, Wetlands, and newly made Batterymen. 3 of those decks get hit hard by DDV. Batteryman play around it for game... and Frogs have outs. Gadgets lose.

Point is. DDV always looks good when we playtest and only one of the decks really suffers from it :toast:

Yeah, but what about running smaller quantities and sideboarding it in?
Against certain themes, it's a liability. Wouldn't it be better to drop 1 copy for something else, and sideboard in a third?
Have you tried creature swap?
It can be useful for things like a flipped mask of darkness or giant germ, or if you're desperate for damage, kozaky. Even sangan works with it, so does a flipped morphing jar, if that ever happens. Just a thought, I see some options but I know creature swap is only so good.

I've seen the viruses in regional play. My brother was up against a six samurai deck at regionals with archfiends at the number 2 table, with dark support and viruses, and he was able to kill the deck by removing spell cards. It slowed it down and he pummeled it. I see you have 3 of it, and for good reason, but doesn't kozaky work with all 6 of your tribute cards? I think that with discard and redraw cards, you can sacrifice for another slot.

Also, what's the point of giant germ?
Deck thinning and small burn? Shields?
Just curious, not saying you should remove it.
And what's so good about mind-crush?
Why not run trap dustshoot?
It's been done to me at regionals and they always call wrong.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
since my main source of information regarding yugioh is from shonen jump i thought id decide to post some scans of this issue.

http://atlasstudios.org/images/sjy1.jpg
http://atlasstudios.org/images/sjy2.jpg
http://atlasstudios.org/images/sjy3.jpg
http://atlasstudios.org/images/sjy4.jpg
http://atlasstudios.org/images/sjy5.jpg

i think the all the tuners, synchros, and psychics look great and could really add some spice to the game. tuners looks like they can be used great for gravity bind type decks (or is it area level b? whatevers). psychic snail looks pretty powerful too.

Yeah, but what about running smaller quantities and sideboarding it in?
Against certain themes, it's a liability. Wouldn't it be better to drop 1 copy for something else, and sideboard in a third?
Have you tried creature swap?
It can be useful for things like a flipped mask of darkness or giant germ, or if you're desperate for damage, kozaky. Even sangan works with it, so does a flipped morphing jar, if that ever happens. Just a thought, I see some options but I know creature swap is only so good.

I've seen the viruses in regional play. My brother was up against a six samurai deck at regionals with archfiends at the number 2 table, with dark support and viruses, and he was able to kill the deck by removing spell cards. It slowed it down and he pummeled it. I see you have 3 of it, and for good reason, but doesn't kozaky work with all 6 of your tribute cards? I think that with discard and redraw cards, you can sacrifice for another slot.

Also, what's the point of giant germ?
Deck thinning and small burn? Shields?
Just curious, not saying you should remove it.
And what's so good about mind-crush?
Why not run trap dustshoot?
It's been done to me at regionals and they always call wrong.
XCPetro will slap me outside the head if I try and suggest creature swap again (its basically my favorite card, I try to put it in every deck)...

The giant germs do all the things you mentioned, but notice that i run two copies of dark necrofear. getting 3 fiends in the grave isn't always available, so giant germs help out that issue a bit.
What's so good about mind crush? If I get off a virus, I know their hand for the next three turns. Picking off a threatening card is awesome. (people you were facing weren't using mind crush right, either call mind crush on a card you know, or a card they obviously have in their hand, ex. honest when they're making seemingly stupid attacks)
We were running trap dustshoot for awhile, but I took it out at XCPetro's suggestion. The thing is, if the deck is doing its job then they should never have 4 or more cards in hand.

Btw, thanks for all the feedback thunderpup

I would really love barbaros to be released right now.

I already have my broken decklist for next format when raiou is released, barbaros would make everything fall into place.

since my main source of information regarding yugioh is from shonen jump i thought id decide to post some scans of this issue.

http://atlasstudios.org/images/sjy1.jpg
http://atlasstudios.org/images/sjy2.jpg
http://atlasstudios.org/images/sjy3.jpg
http://atlasstudios.org/images/sjy4.jpg
http://atlasstudios.org/images/sjy5.jpg

i think the all the tuners, synchros, and psychics look great and could really add some spice to the game. tuners looks like they can be used great for gravity bind type decks (or is it area level b? whatevers). psychic snail looks pretty powerful too.
Two bad you can only run too copies of the stall cards in your deck. So much for low level strategy

eh, area limit and gravity bind still work in low level deck types (like frogs ;) ), you just can't rely on hiding behind them

Ok so Creature Swap won't kill me to be put in. Screw you all. But don't you dare try Vortex Trooper! It's like Pokemon all over again... Different sweeper, same Tentacruel, Tangrowth, Magnezone and Gliscor. Full circle every frickin time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)