SV RU Yanmega Hyper Offensive

Hello people, how are you? Today I came to show you my team that I used to reach the peak 17 in the sv RU tier, if it's a Ho, below I'll tell you a little about it.
1000000642.jpg

https://pokepast.es/37fc76c6ec5971f6.
Azelf:
1000000681.png
Azelf is the suicide lead of the team, usually his priority is to set rocks and after that click explosion if possible, flamethower is for grass species or pokemon like forretress, however you can replace it with knock off if you prefer, taunt is to prohibit species from clicking any hazard, which is harmful to the team.

Yanmega:
1000000682.png
Yanmega is one of our main offensive additions, most of the time she can sweep the opposing team completely with tera ground, on the other hand her weaknesses must be eliminated first, such as flying and electric pokemon or rotom heat.

Cloyster:
1000000683.png
Cloyster is another very strong sweeper along with yanmega, with a shell smash he is able to sweep the entire enemy team, obviously he has his weaknesses such as slowbro or vaporeon, and so tera eletrico is the choice of the time, however it is worth mentioning that a taunt can finish our sweeper..

Iron Thorns:
1000000687.png
Iron thorns is definitely a great addition, being even very tank and getting free setup in front of several pokemon, sometimes a dragon dance is needed to sweep the opponent, but in general you would only need 2, which is not difficult, you will have flying would be to gain immunity to the ground and ice punch type to deal with your biggest offensive and defensive weakness, Mudsdale.

Mimikyu:
1000000688.png
Mimikyu is also a great addition, his ability allows sweep in the late game especially when there are slow pokemons or fragile pokemons with low health, I chose drain punch to better fight steel type pokemon, but you can choose shadow claw.

Staraptor:
1000000689.png
And last but not least, staraptor was my choice, with choice scarf he can be very fast and hit anything that doesn't have resistance very hard, and if you're having problems with a wall you can just click final gambit and finish she.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to you for reading this far! I hope you have fun testing this team and get good results :)

Last edited:
Hello people, how are you? Today I came to show you my team that I used to reach the peak 17 in the sv RU tier, if it's a Ho, below I'll tell you a little about it.
View attachment 562022
https://pokepast.es/48ba14316669ed4e.
Azelf: View attachment 562024Azelf is the suicide lead of the team, usually his priority is to set rocks and after that click explosion if possible, flamethower is for grass species or pokemon like forretress, however you can replace it with knock off if you prefer, taunt is to prohibit species from clicking any hazard, which is harmful to the team.

Yanmega: View attachment 562025 Yanmega is one of our main offensive additions, most of the time she can sweep the opposing team completely with tera ground, on the other hand her weaknesses must be eliminated first, such as flying and electric pokemon or rotom heat.

Cloyster: View attachment 562029Cloyster is another very strong sweeper along with yanmega, with a shell smash he is able to sweep the entire enemy team, obviously he has his weaknesses such as slowbro or vaporeon, and so tera eletrico is the choice of the time, however it is worth mentioning that a taunt can finish our sweeper..

Iron Thorns: View attachment 562105Iron thorns is definitely a great addition, being even very tank and getting free setup in front of several pokemon, sometimes a dragon dance is needed to sweep the opponent, but in general you would only need 2, which is not difficult, you will have flying would be to gain immunity to the ground and ice punch type to deal with your biggest offensive and defensive weakness, Mudsdale.

Mimikyu: View attachment 562106Mimikyu is also a great addition, his ability allows sweep in the late game especially when there are slow pokemons or fragile pokemons with low health, I chose drain punch to better fight steel type pokemon, but you can choose shadow claw.

Staraptor: View attachment 562107And last but not least, staraptor was my choice, with choice scarf he can be very fast and hit anything that doesn't have resistance very hard, and if you're having problems with a wall you can just click final gambit and finish she.
Thanks to you for reading this far! I hope you have fun testing this team and get good results :)

I used this team and got top 7 on the ladder, thank you very much

View attachment 562022
https://pokepast.es/48ba14316669ed4e.
Azelf: View attachment 562024Azelf is the suicide lead of the team, usually his priority is to set rocks and after that click explosion if possible, flamethower is for grass species or pokemon like forretress, however you can replace it with knock off if you prefer, taunt is to prohibit species from clicking any hazard, which is harmful to the team.

Yanmega: View attachment 562025 Yanmega is one of our main offensive additions, most of the time she can sweep the opposing team completely with tera ground, on the other hand her weaknesses must be eliminated first, such as flying and electric pokemon or rotom heat.

Cloyster: View attachment 562029Cloyster is another very strong sweeper along with yanmega, with a shell smash he is able to sweep the entire enemy team, obviously he has his weaknesses such as slowbro or vaporeon, and so tera eletrico is the choice of the time, however it is worth mentioning that a taunt can finish our sweeper..

Iron Thorns: View attachment 562105Iron thorns is definitely a great addition, being even very tank and getting free setup in front of several pokemon, sometimes a dragon dance is needed to sweep the opponent, but in general you would only need 2, which is not difficult, you will have flying would be to gain immunity to the ground and ice punch type to deal with your biggest offensive and defensive weakness, Mudsdale.

Mimikyu: View attachment 562106Mimikyu is also a great addition, his ability allows sweep in the late game especially when there are slow pokemons or fragile pokemons with low health, I chose drain punch to better fight steel type pokemon, but you can choose shadow claw.

Staraptor: View attachment 562107And last but not least, staraptor was my choice, with choice scarf he can be very fast and hit anything that doesn't have resistance very hard, and if you're having problems with a wall you can just click final gambit and finish she.

Can you explain about the azelf EVs?

You can run bisharp as well, since it is a hyper offense team. However, defog is kinda rare nowadays right? Spin seems to be more common
It's to try to divide the damage between explosion and flamethower, the ivs in speed is mandatory for suicide lead.

You can opt for bisharp too if you prefer! I just didn't choose it because I think it's too slow, not to mention it's well exposed to will-wo-wisp

As for the rapid spin or defog, I'd rather leave it more in the hands of azelf's taunt, since with a spin or a defog you'd lose an important min slot, and since it's a hyper offensive you'd be kind of late.

Last edited:
View attachment 562022
https://pokepast.es/37fc76c6ec5971f6.

Wow, great HO!

Really good team, currently at rank #18 in RU laddering with it exclusively (45W-9L).

The azelf set is really efficient, and I think flamethrower is needed to stop fortress and brambleghast coming in for free. Knock is a nice option, but I don't think it is worth it here. I lead Azelf 100% of the time, and it almost always goes SR->Explosion or Taunt->SR->Explosion. If my opponent has an espeon I just explode turn 1. Azelf always provides value.

Yanmega is my primary tera user and wincon most of the time. Tera ground puts in so much work, and is almost never predicted. Easy to take advantage of obvious t-waves, too. This mon sweeps in 50% of my games. Doesn't have that many true counters, especially if rocks are up and my opponent's team has been chipped. Rotom-Heat walls it, but almost everything else takes major damage or faints outright. Diancie is also a sketchy fight, as it comes down to predicting teras. Team MVP.

I like cloyster early to soften up my opponent's team rather than as a late game sweeper. I often bring this in second, after Azelf. Sash makes shell smash pretty free, and Cloyster can usually get a kill or two. Importantly, it draws in my opponent's best physical checks and wears them down, allowing my other attackers to overwhelm them afterward. Shell smash causes panic. I will say that I rarely tera this mon, and never use tera blast, so I may consider replacing that move. Drill run would be nice for Iron Thorns/Bisharp and Hydro Pump could help with Diance. No real complaints with cloyster though, it does a job.

Mimikyu is critical to this team's limited defense, with disguise and shadow sneak giving the team some emergency checks to opposing sweepers. Drain punch is mandatory, IMO, as it handles bisharp and occasionally provides useful recovery. Good glue mon that can threaten back with swords dance.

Staraptor is clutch. Very useful for revenge killing and finishing off a weakened team at the end. Not sure I've ever clicked final gambit, so I may replace it with u-turn.

Iron Thorns is definitely the mon that I get the least use out of, although it does provide a bit of bulk, enabling it to trade into opponets offensive mons. This almost never sweeps, since setting up typically involves getting hit and it needs two DDs to outspeed relevent revenge killers. Tera fly is occasionally clutch, specifically against choiced krookodiles, but I usually want to save tera for something else. I often end up using this as a sack or for chip damage, so it might be better replaced by something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)