Done XY Legality "Rule" for RoA Tours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
I've been talking about this with FriendOfMrGolem120 and Oldamar999 for a while. Essentially, what we aim to do is "preserve" XY's old tiers through running tournaments and the like. This is done through "locking" the games at the day before ORAS release. For reference, look here.

We have essentially everything in place through tour commands, but it's way, way too long to actually work. My solution would be to make a Validator Rule that changes the learnsets, bans the appropriate items and Pokemon, etc. Then for tours, hosts apply the appropriate bans for the tiers. I can say from experience that this is very possible, just time-consuming...and the rule will be very, very long.

Oldamar999

Tien Time
I dont know much about how mods for PS work, but the github page for PS actually makes this seem easier, since it includes mon lists, formats, and learnsets as far back as BW1. This means XY stuff is also available, so you dont have to piece everything together in a tedious process. Plus if anyone in the future wanted to do something similar but for say, SM, they could use this too.

Oldamar999

Tien Time
Now that the new addition of the VGC 2014 challenge option has brought in an XY mod, it is now possible to play games using XY move sets and pokemon lists. However, since the only format in which this is available is VGC 2014, which is a doubles format, it is not possible to play any Singles games using this mod, therefore making things like XY OU tours impossible. would it be possible to maybe add a format(s) that would allow for singles to be played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)