Other XY Doubles Ubers team - Xerneas Rampage (from 2014)

Most OP mon on this team??

• Total voters

This team was created back in the early days of X and Y, when i wanted to test out the powerhouse that is xerneas. It was, and still is one of my favourite teams to use so i have managed to reproduce it on my Pokemon Y cartridge. Unfortunately, in the current Doubles Ubers meta, mega rayquaza and the primals rule the roost, so this team is not as effective as it used to be. Anyway, without further ado, this is the team:

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

The reason why i wanted to build this team, Xerneas was (and still is imo) the set-up king. after a Geomancy, a +2 Dazzling Gleam will practically 2HKO any Pokemon that doesn't resist it that isn't named Lugia. Thunderbolt is therefore for Ho-oh and lugia, two of the main defensive threats to xerneas. The EV spread is the standard smogon variant, with max SpA to maximize the effects of the geomancy boost, enough speed to outspeed scarf genesect after a geomancy, and enough defensive investment so that genesect gets a SpA boost from download. The rest goes into the HP stat, making xerneas very specially bulky after a geomancy.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 164 HP / 156 Atk / 44 Def / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Xerneas' partner in crime, Mega Kangaskhan does a LOT of work for this team. It provides Fake Out support for xerneas to set up geomancy, and also to aid Kyogre in getting as many water spouts off as possible. Kangaskhan also provides a secondary set-up opportunity, and like the prominent Kangaskhan/Azumarill combo in VGC, if i predict a double target into Xerneas, it can use Protect in order to let Kangaskhan set up with Power-Up Punch. The EV spread allows Kangaskhan to survive a +2 252+ Atk life orb Extreme Speed from Arceus from full health, as well as a Water Spout from Scarf Kyogre, and it also outspeeds neutral nature 252 Spe base 99s like xerneas/yveltal with the speed investment. Inner Focus is so that versus the popular combo of Kyogre/Ludicolo, it can Fake Out the Kyogre in normal form (ludicolo usually fakes out the kangaskhan) without the worry of taking that Water Spout, so that Xerneas has the chance to set up.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

It is always nice to compliment a set up sweeper with a weather core in doubles for fast and immediate offense, so i chose a rain core of kyogre and palkia which gave me the option of an extremely powerful spread move in water spout alongside the choice specs powerhouse of Palkia. The combination of a +2 dazzling gleam + a rain boosted water spout has very little opposition that can take both, and water/fairy is only resisted by a handful of mons that are easily handled by Palkia and Yveltal (the biggest threats being Venusaur, Amoonguss and Ferrothorn). The EV spread maximizes Kyogre's offensive potential, so there's not much to say about it, apart from that it outspeeds mega mewtwo y after the choice scarf boost.

Palkia @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Thunder

My secondary rain attacker, this is a monster under rain and is my answer to opposing Kyogre locked into Water Spout. Rain boosted Specs Hydro Pump hits like a truck under rain, and is usually my go-to choice of move, unless other moves have a better matchup. Fire blast has quite shaky accuracy Vs Ferrothorn/Scizor, so i sometimes like to run flamethrower so that i can reliably secure a KO on ferrothorn without bringing rain, and a modest nature over timid makes palkia more of a threat under tailwind. The EV spread also maximises palkia's offensive presence under rain, not much to say here.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 136 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Rash Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Tailwind

My clean-up mon. Dark Aura boosted Sucker Punches from both Yveltal and Kangaskhan are lethal to weakened opponents. I would often bring this in late game to pick off the remaining few pokemon from xerneas and kyogre's devastation. Dark pulse hits crazily hard, and Oblivion Wing is a fantastic move for quick recovery and for maintaining momentum. Tailwind is a great support move if xerneas didn't get to set up a geomancy, and as speed control for itself, palkia and kangaskhan. I would replace it with taunt as a trick room check, but since i have a number of ways to deal with it already, tailwind has more merits over it. Maximum SpA allows Yveltal's Dark Pulse and Oblivion Wing to hit as hard as possible. 92 Speed EVs allow Yveltal to outrun 0 Spe Lugia and outrun standard Geomancy Xerneas. The rest of the EVs are put into Atk and HP to power up Sucker Punch and bulk up yveltal a bit more.

Amoonguss @ Mental Herb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 132 Def / 132 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain/Grass Knot
- Protect

My final addition to the team is the icing on the cake, Amoonguss. It provides redirection support for xerneas, kangaskhan and kyogre, sleep support, and is a nice trick room counter. Mental herb allows amoonguss to prevent thundurus from having too much of an effect on the team, as it can redirect its taunt without the worry of it hindering amoonguss, as another member of the team takes it out swiftly. 244 HP allows Amoonguss to gain maximum recovery from regenerator at level 100, and 132 Def with a relaxed nature allows it to take a +2 adamant life orb extreme speed from arceus, and the rest goes into SpDef.

This is my most common lead versus unprepared teams, as opponents ususally can't deal with the sheer offensive pressure from a set up +2/+2/+2 xerneas alongside a potential +2 sucker punch/return from kangaskhan. Leads to quick wins.

This is another very common lead versus oppenents with teams with more threats to xerneas that a fake out from kangaskhan cant handle. This is also my most common lead against better opponents.

If i see that xerneas doesn't have a favourable matchup versus the opposing team, kyogre is usually my go-to lead for immediate damage. fake out support allows kyogre to get as many water spouts as it needs, and sucker punch + water spout is a great way of chipping down opponents' teams.

A relatively fun lead to use. fake out + tailwind is a great way to secure a speed boost, and double dark aura boosted sucker punches are extremely deadly, especially coming off of a +2 Mega Kangaskhan.

If i see that the opponent's team is really weak to rain, this is my lead of choice. water spout + rain boosted specs hydro pumps are very nasty to deal with.

My anti-trick room lead, fake out the support and spore the setter. This usually works, apart from the occasional trevenant/safety goggles setters, which are really annoying... It's one of the reasons why i had taunt on the Yveltal. Kangaskhan+Amoonguss is a decent way of setting kangaskhan up for a sweep, as amoonguss resists those redirected super effective fighting type attacks kangaskhan hates.

Hope you like this team :) i certainly did in the good ol' days - last year lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)