World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol at everybody expecting England vs Germany to be a competitive match.

Germany easily outranks England and has a vastly superior team.
England also easily outranked the USA and Algeria and had a vastly superior team, so you can't use this as an argument that Germany will certainly beat England. This match could easily be exciting and competitive, with an upset far within the realm of possibility.

lol at everybody expecting England vs Germany to be a competitive match.

Germany easily outranks England and has a vastly superior team.
lolwut?

We beat Germany quite easily the last time we faced them, 2-1, in Germany. Their goal was a Scott Carson fuck up too.

The Germans have actually admitted themselves that England have a better team. Show me a player on the German team that scored 34 goals last season like Rooney, or show me a midfielder that scored over 20 goals like Lampard. Not to mention the experience factor. If England play to their potential, they'll beat Germany, but that's a huge IF.

lolwut?

We beat Germany quite easily the last time we faced them, 2-1, in Germany. Their goal was a Scott Carson fuck up too.

The Germans have actually admitted themselves that England have a better team. Show me a player on the German team that scored 34 goals last season like Rooney, or show me a midfielder that scored over 20 goals like Lampard. Not to mention the experience factor. If England play to their potential, they'll beat Germany, but that's a huge IF.
so having 2 good players makes england a better team?

I can tell you that germany has a better goaltender, plays better as a team and doesnt have 2 players that hate eachother. They also won there group, which was a much stronger group than england was in.

so having 2 good players makes england a better team?

I can tell you that germany has a better goaltender, plays better as a team and doesnt have 2 players that hate eachother. They also won there group, which was a much stronger group than england was in.
OK, add to that Ashley Cole who is FAR better than Boateng, Gerrard is better than Ozil even, John Terry is easily better than Mertesacker. It's all about England playing to their best, which they did not do in the last round. I'm off.

And what players hate each other lol?

COME ON ENGLAND

As someone supporting neither England nor Germany, I say Germany has the upper hand here, and that's mostly because of Mesut.

While England has quality players, none of them can turn the game like Mesut can. It's not hard working midfielders like Lampard or powerful strikers like Rooney that can make the difference; it's real talents like Ozil, Messi or Robben.

France and Italy have quality players, but as evidenced by we saw, France without Zidane and Italy without Del Piero & Totti aren't really different from average teams like NZ, South Africa or Slovakia.

EDIT:
Gerrard is better than Ozil even
NEWSFLASH: NO

poor defencive work right there...

england are playing well and it's early so it could still go either way.

2-0, well, england are in real trouble now.

ALMOST 2-2. this match is probably one of the best i've watched.

far better than portugal v mexico, fell asleep on that one

and upon viewing the replay, it should have been 2-2...

Shit this game has really come alive, so good to watch atm.

But yeah sucks to be England, I thought that was blatantly over the line from the normal TV view. :/

FOR FUCK SAKE THEY STOLE A WORLD CUP GOAL FROM LAMPARD, AND WHAT A FUCKING GREAT GOAL IT WAS. i swear this is so gay, Lampard deserves a fucking goal and it gets stolen like that, so lame <_<

england look on top now so I hope lampard can score

As someone supporting neither England nor Germany, I say Germany has the upper hand here, and that's mostly because of Mesut.

While England has quality players, none of them can turn the game like Mesut can. It's not hard working midfielders like Lampard or powerful strikers like Rooney that can make the difference; it's real talents like Ozil, Messi or Robben.

France and Italy have quality players, but as evidenced by we saw, France without Zidane and Italy without Del Piero & Totti aren't really different from average teams like NZ, South Africa or Slovakia.

EDIT:

NEWSFLASH: NO
Erm I think Gerrard is a huge cunt, but tell me that Ozil is better when he starts scoring 20 a season from midfield and drags the worst team in the last decade to win the champions league pretty much to that trophy single-handedly.

And it's a bit of a disservice to Rooney calling him just a "powerful striker" when he scores 30 yard chips and volleys, and can spray 40-50 yard passes. Powerful striker is what you call Klose. Ozil has barely done anything this match too, it's all been Klose's movement and strength making spaces for others.

England clearly robbed there. The ball was blatantly over the line in real time. The scoreline is deserved though...England playing with fear and stupidity until their goal. Gareth Barry doing his usual big team dissappearance act, and Upson makes Klose look as fast as Eto'o or Torres. How we missed Ferdinand and Hargreaves :/

Apart from Germany raping Upson in the last third (seriously the guy has no european experience and it is showing) the game has been pretty even. England were dominating possession before the German goals, lost their cool when Germany scored and have been doing well since it went 2-1. I think there's more goals in this.

Also to the linesman, if the ball bounces backwards and then hits the crossbar, isn't that a fucking clue that the ball was previously beyond the line (by about 6 inches no less)

Realistically, Germany should be 5-2 up.

England's defence was shocking to start with and James is England's MVP for sure. England had 58% possession earlier on I think, but as soon as Germany got those goals in, they went to shit.

But Christ what a game it's turning into, really looking forward to this.

If it ends 2-1 then you can guarantee that ref is getting raped.

Hopefully that stolen goal will result in them putting Replays in after this WC.

COME ON ENGLAND.

deserved 2-1 after the half could also be 3-1 or 4-0 when Özil/Klose also scored...England was death after the 2-o and Germany played like against Australia but only one mistake from Neuer woke England up...

but hey lucky us guess its the Revenge for 66´ :D

fucking great now their gives the english media and fans there excuse if england lose. Germany could now outplay England win 10-1 and all you will fucking hear about is that disallowed goal, not how germany were better.

You know, world cup is not about club form. It's not even about having the best individual players, as that didn't stop France from being eliminated on the first round.

World cup is about having the best TEAM, and by team, you must understand that the players need to act as a team, need to work for the team, and not for themselves.

Germany has the best team. England was robbed from a goal, but Germany had the best chances during the whole first half, and had they used those chances, it would be 4-2 already, at least.

I don't see Germany winning this game by just one goal, so that stolen goal will not be so significant.

that dissalowed goal that turns a game to 2-2 is rather important in a game. not like it was for 2-1.
and that is absolutly rediculous for everyone EXCEPT the officals to see it cross the line

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)