World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Joga bonito? Fuck yes.

Great goal by Robinho and Juan just missed a great chance.

Entertaining game.

and OH MY GOD that PLAY that ended on stekelenburg fantastic save.

World Cup 2010 is over for me. All the teams that I wanted to win... didn't. South Korea, Japan and England all lost, but I am especially annoyed at England's, I am still pissed at the referee not acknowledging Frank Lampard's goal even though the replays proved the whole ball crossed the line, he is obviously biased. Had the referee not be biased, it would even at 2-2, and England probably wouldn't have allowed Germany to score two goals in two minutes since their morale would be quite high and they will be able to concentrate better. Germany might have still won on extra time, or penalties, but if that happened I wouldn't be so annoyed because at least the referee didn't ruin it. And as for South Korea, they wasted 2 opportunities to score a goal, but at least they put up a fight against Uruguay. Japan too, I wanted them to win :( And one of them screwed up his penalties x_x

while the ref's call against England was idiotic, you cannot just immediately conclude that he is obviously biased. You have to understand that not only can the ref not see the replay at all, but he also is limited to the angle from which he sees it. If you're over the goal and can see the ball in relation to the goal, it's very clear the ball is over. When you're in front of the goal and you can't see them like that, you have to rely on depth perception, which in a busy game is not always easy to do. And of the two possible mistakes, it's better to disallow a goal than to allow something that was on the line. If you think that you can do a better job, I encourage you to try, because the world could use more competent refs. Calling him biased, however, is not fair. Additionally, if you look England played just as hard until the first half ended and even as the second half began, so their morale was still high even without the extra goal. It's very difficult to "accurately" predict a soccer game, and you definitely should not discredit germany, who as a whole played much better the whole time.

edit: oh yea and holland will come back and win 3-2

brazil playing pretty comfortably, netherlands can't really bypass their defence and i can't see them getting a goal if the second half is like the first

also robben can't corner kick

You are still missing my point: the opponents didn't have the quality to test you enough. It doesn't mean your defenses are amazing. Only that the forwards you've faced so far are not top level. If you ignore France, that really didn't even played this World Cup after all, please name a top level striker that played against Uruguay at this World Cup.

Brazil faced Drogba Broke his armand Cristiano Ronaldo He was a lame on this WC so far, and our defenses were able to show their strenghts. Now, we are going to face yet another high level offense, in the likes of Van Persie, Robben and Sneijder,I agree with you on this one. but I believe Lucio and Juan are at a level where they can handle it.

And that is precisely my point: Uruguay remains untested against top level opponents, so you can't really do anything but hope they'll be able to hold the likes of Higuain, Tevez (onside, please. =P), Agüero, Messi, Klose, Ozil, et all.You're talking as if they were god, yet they aren't

Nice, 2-1! I expect to end with 3-1. Nice for Sneijder, with his head (his nickname in the Netherlands is Kabouter Wesley, which is Dutch for Midget Wesley).

what the hell holland had so many chances to score more

well then brazil out in quarters again, doesnt matter much anyways cuz they both gunna lose to ghana in the semis :pimp:

Truly beautiful. Just overwhelming. By the way I object to this being an own goal, SNEIJDER 2-1 BRAZIL. (Not that the rest of the team wasn't impressive, but damn!) U MAD BRASIL

u very mad melo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)