Tournament World Cup of Randbats - Rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrembeau

le moi est incommunicable
is a Community Contributor
Ok I have been receiving way too many complaints about my tiebreaker predicts, so let me rectify something

Brazil (0) vs Benelux (3)
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo5: TDNT vs Elgino
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo3: czim vs Michielleus
Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: Panty&Stockings vs TheFranklin

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Random Battle Lead
Co-hosted by Fragments and sharpclaw

Welcome to the finals(!) of the inaugural World Cup of Randbats! The semifinals saw some of the most tumultuous and hard-won matches of the entire tour, as four teams duked it out for glory. Team China, the tour's dark horse, continued its steady march to the finals by defeating Germany, the team whose very signups were so strong they necessitated a reshuffling of the tour's regions; and after falling to a 1-5 deficit, the Benelux squad managed to determinedly play all the way back to a thrilling and tiebreaker-fueled 7-6 victory over the mighty Team Brazil. Now, China and Benelux—both of whom topped their respective pools—will finally meet on the battlefield. Who will emerge victorious and be the first to claim the title of Random Battles World Champions? It all comes down to this!

Standard Tournament Procedures:
Like all other tournaments on Smogon, the World Cup of Randbats will follow the general rules and guidelines. Please read them carefully. Also note that replays are required.
When spectating WCOR battles, do not ghost. What constitutes ghosting in a Random Battles game can be a particularly fine line, so before commenting, always ask yourself: “Would my comment reveal information that hasn’t already been explicitly revealed in this battle?” Examples of ghosting include suggesting that an unexpectedly fast Pokemon must be holding a Choice Scarf, that a Zoroark’s disguised level proves it’s a Zoroark, etc.

FINALS
1658658402559.png
vssmall.png
1658584142276.png

China (6) vs Benelux (3)

Gen 8 Random Battle bo5: Separation vs Michielleus
Gen 8 Random Battle bo3: llxwd vs Fant'sy Beast
Gen 8 Random Battle bo3: xn9999 vs Elgino
Gen 7 Random Battle bo3: ctmrdwl vs Ainzcrad
Gen 6 Random Battle bo3: Quagmander vs Monkey
Gen 5 Random Battle bo3: dragonitenb vs TheFranklin
Gen 4 Random Battle bo3: ksicide vs Aliss
Gen 3 Random Battle bo3: Indulge in dreams vs xGang
Gen 2 Random Battle bo3: Yuudachi0811 vs Tony
Gen 1 Random Battle bo3: cscl vs Chains of Markov

This round's deadline is Sunday, September 18th at 11:59pm GMT-4. Good luck, have fun, and may the strongest region prevail!

Last edited:
The hosts and managers haven't received the love they deserve for organising this tournament, many many thanks! It's been great, with several thriller matchups towards the end (thanks Brazil!).

But now... It's time for us to bring it home. Fierce as the lion on our marvellous (unofficial) flag, no team will stand a chance and we'll end where we belong. GO BENELUX

1662704828754.png

I went 3-7 in predicting one semifinals matchup and 9-1 in the other. Clearly I have some consistency issues, so here goes nothing one last time:

China (5) vs Benelux (5)

Gen 8 Random Battle bo5: Separation vs Michielleus
Gen 8 Random Battle bo3: xn9999 vs Elgino

I would favor China if such a tiebreaker happened... but I've also called five of six series incorrectly so yeah. just tune this out and glhf to both teams lol

Tarrembeau

le moi est incommunicable
is a Community Contributor
China (4) vs Benelux (6)

Gen 8 Random Battle bo5: Separation vs Michielleus | Once again the highlight is on the bo5, which makes sense. Separation is probably better, but Michielleus has a lot of experience in rands tour; may it be enough?
Gen 8 Random Battle bo3: xn9999 vs Elgino | I haven't bolded Elgino at first for the tb and it went bad, so I learned my lesson.

But to be honest I can see most of these games go the other way around. Both teams have been impressive throughout the whole tournament. It doesn't matter much who wins at this point (but I guess both teams are particularly eager to get the first WCOR title now!). I hope to see most (if not all) of you in RBTT!

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I hope to see most (if not all) of you in RBTT!
mathematically speaking, it is impossible to see most of the people in wcor in rbtt. at most you will only see half, none of which i hope hail from team sp*in.

Speaking of Sp*in, Dang it's crazy that Queen Elizabeth II died...but did you guys know that Queen Elizabeth I, noted to be the Virgin Queen, led England to a crushing victory vs Spain's famed Armada in 1588?

Launched in 1588, ‘la felicissima armada’, or ‘the most fortunate fleet’, was made up of roughly 150 ships and 18,000 men. At the time, it was the largest fleet ever seen in Europe and Philip II of Sp*in considered it invincible.

RMG UK said:
The Spanish cut their anchor cables ready for flight, but in the darkness many ships collided with each other. While none of the Spanish ships were set on fire, the Armada was left scattered and disorganised.
gee sounds like history repeats itself :smogthink:

shoutouts turbovirgins, ggs Queen Elizabeth II, goat Queen Elizabeth I, fuck spain, go brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)