Tournament World Cup of Randbats 2023 - Playoffs [Won by Team Benelux]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Random Battle Lead
Hosted by Javi, sharpclaw, and Syrinix
with help from Amaranth

WCOR '23.png

Logo by Syrinix

~Spreadsheet~
Courtesy of Amaranth and Ticken

Welcome to the second annual World Cup of Randbats! The field has been winnowed from 18 teams to 8, and it’s time for them to duke it out in the playoffs! Which team will rise to glory and be crowned Random Battles World Champions? It’s time to find out!

Standard Tournament Procedures
Like all other tournaments on Smogon, the World Cup of Randbats will follow the general rules and guidelines. Please read them carefully. Also note that replays are required.
What constitutes ghosting in a Random Battles game can be a particularly fine line, so before commenting in a WCoR game, always ask yourself: “Would my comment reveal information that hasn’t already been explicitly revealed in this battle?” Examples of ghosting include suggesting that an unexpectedly fast Pokemon might be holding a Choice Scarf, pointing out that a Zoroark’s disguised level proves it’s a Zoroark, etc.
For a refresher on how substitutions and tiebreakers will function, see the Regular Season OP. Now, without further ado...

THE QUARTERFINALS
Bracket.png
Logo-China.png
VS_small.png
Logo-EUA.png

China (7) vs Europe+Africa (5)
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo5: Separation vs Shaneghoul
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: RainListener vs Leni
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: lza vs Lily
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo5: llxwd vs mj
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo3: kaifengyyds vs RoFnA
Gen 7 Random Battle Bo3: burstbean vs pannu
Gen 6 Random Battle Bo3: Quagmander vs Petros
Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: Raceding vs GoldCat
Gen 4 Random Battle Bo3: ksicide vs mael
Gen 3 Random Battle Bo3: Indulge in dreams vs Xceloh
Gen 2 Random Battle Bo3: Yuudachi0811 vs SANKE CARP
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3: cscl vs saba

Logo-LatAm.png
VS_small.png
Logo-USS.png

Latin America (7) vs US South (4)
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo5: pokeblade101 vs GXE
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: ZDen vs Kate
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: haxlolo vs chub
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo5: Lets In The Sun vs Typhlosion48
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo3: Enzonana. vs Hacker
Gen 7 Random Battle Bo3: Tarre25 vs TeamCharm
Gen 6 Random Battle Bo3: ElectricityCat vs Piapia
Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: davidelbello vs FMG
Gen 4 Random Battle Bo3: Mako vs SuperEpicAmpharos
Gen 3 Random Battle Bo3: Mashing vs Xrn
Gen 2 Random Battle Bo3: ziloXX vs HSA
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3: Luchik vs royzin

Logo-USW.png
VS_small.png
Logo-India.png

US West (7) vs India (4)
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo5: EternalSnowman vs RaJ.Shoot
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: GO lucario vs freezai
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: LordST vs Faaagamer
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo5: Shadows4 vs Master Chief
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo3: R1C3M4N vs Premmmm
Gen 7 Random Battle Bo3: queso vs Champfernape
Gen 6 Random Battle Bo3: shiloh vs So Noisy
Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: neycwang vs Dj Breloominati♬
Gen 4 Random Battle Bo3: Vaboh vs pj
Gen 3 Random Battle Bo3: HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs Piyush25
Gen 2 Random Battle Bo3: MrSoup vs Blui
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3: Sabelette vs fatBatman

Logo-USNE.png
VS_small.png
Logo-Benelux.png

US Northeast (6) vs Benelux (6)
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo5: Lady Writer vs Michielleus
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: Buhrito vs Fant'sy Beast
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: Legendary vs Jordy004
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo5: BoRida vs YveltalNL
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo3: peap vs appelsap
Gen 7 Random Battle Bo3: Betathunder vs Ruft
Gen 6 Random Battle Bo3: Rage.Spam.Quit. vs TheFranklin
Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: Monai vs Ainzcrad
Gen 4 Random Battle Bo3: Casual dot exe vs Drud
Gen 3 Random Battle Bo3: Jisoo vs xGang
Gen 2 Random Battle Bo3: Alpha Male Psyduck vs livid washed
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3: king edgy vs Kipkluif

The deadline for this round is Sunday, September 17th at 11:59pm GMT-4. Good luck, have fun, and may the strongest region prevail!

Last edited by a moderator:
1694463086432.jpeg

Nuts Acquired::greedent::greedent::greedent::greedent: :greedent: :greedent: :greedent:

Greedent is undoubtedly the best Pokémon in Pokémon Scarlet/Violet for a variety of compelling reasons. First and foremost, its unique combination of abilities and stats sets it apart from the rest of the Pokémon in the game. With its impressive HP and Defense stats, it can endure even the most powerful attacks, making it a formidable tank on any team.

Furthermore, Greedent's movepool is incredibly versatile, allowing it to adapt to various battle scenarios. Whether you need a hard-hitting physical attacker or a status-inflicting disruptor, Greedent has you covered. Its signature move, "Gnaw Away," not only deals substantial damage but also has a chance to lower the opponent's Defense, further enhancing its offensive capabilities.

Additionally, Greedent's design is both adorable and unique, making it a fan-favorite among Pokémon enthusiasts. Its appearance resonates with players of all ages, making it a beloved companion on their journey through the Scarlet/Violet region.

Lastly, the in-game lore and story elements surrounding Greedent in Pokémon Scarlet/Violet add depth to its character and make it an integral part of the game's narrative. Players can develop a deeper emotional connection with their Greedent as they progress through the story, making it a truly memorable and impactful Pokémon.

In conclusion, Greedent's exceptional stats, versatile movepool, endearing design, and significant role in the game's narrative make it the best Pokémon in Pokémon Scarlet/Violet, and a top choice for any trainer looking to build a successful and enjoyable team.

Last edited:
Predictions:
China (6) vs Africope (6)

LatAm (7) vs US South (5)

US West (7) vs Bharat India (5)

Rooting for Africope and Benelux to win it all.

Model Predictions (not including DJ's reported win)
each collumn is colour-coded to match the team it is referring to, for ease of reading. I apologise if the colours clash too much
p1%/p2% = the individual winrate of each player. For this model, I'm using game winrates from across WCOR '23 and RBTT. I am not factoring in tier/gen
1Win/2Win = the probability that the specified player will win (followed by the binary prediction of win/loss)
botom row:
average winrate of team 1's players | team 2s | probability team 1 wins (given the previous 2 cells) | probability of team 2

the 4 cells to the right of "score" are a simple sum of all cells above them. You can either use the hedged/fractional points model, or the binary win/loss model to make your prediction. How you interpret the data is up to you
1694435901946.png

updated with correct lineups, while also added a binary win-loss collumn (thanks irpa for the suggestion!)

All the games are pretty close, but there are a few interesting discrepancies to point out:
While US Northeast and Benelux have the closest matchup - having overall a mere 0.14% higher chance of victory, on a match-by-match basis, more players edge ahead, giving them a surprisingly strong 8-4 lead

India vs US West also shows interesting results. India has the stronger players, but the consistency of USW meansthey win more games, flipping the results of the prediction

I'm looking forward to seeing how accurate these predictions are as the games go forward

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
gz on making top 8
i am happy that my pre-qualifier prediction of europe #3 paid off in the long term and they've proven to be quite good. i am also happy that china is doing well again after last year.
i think this is the part of the tournament where europe's weaker slots will really bite them. china has less star power but literally zero weak slots, europe has a couple and starting that couple of games down really hurts when there's only 12 of em

Gen 9 Random Battle Bo5: Separation vs Shaneghoul - shane looked better r1 but i think that's just variance, sep should still be better
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: RainListener vs Leni - rainlistener popped off r1
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: lza vs Lily - just all around one of the best pkmn players on the website right now
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo5: llxwd vs mj - mj came out of the group of death with a couple wins, i rate this guy quite highly
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo3: kaifengyyds vs RoFnA - beat ciro napoli vs lost to ciro napoli, speaks for itself really
Gen 7 Random Battle Bo3: burstbean vs pannu - won the first one, i back pannu to win the rematch too
Gen 6 Random Battle Bo3: Quagmander vs Petros - no reason to bet against 5-0
Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: Raceding vs GoldCat - no reason to bet against 5-0
Gen 4 Random Battle Bo3: ksicide vs mael - great pokemon player
Gen 3 Random Battle Bo3: Indulge in dreams vs Xceloh - good pokemon player
Gen 2 Random Battle Bo3: Yuudachi0811 vs SANKE CARP - better at gsc
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3: cscl vs saba - better at rby
tb looks china favored if they pick the right tier, i think they have a couple of extremely lopsided options (gen1/2) where europe's significantly weaker, gen9 slightly leans in their favor, and they got decent odds to fight well in whatever eu picks as well

LatAm (4) vs US South (8)
this pairing is a bit of a shame. i think USS are phenomenal, i said so pre-tournament and even though i expected better than 32-28 from them it doesn't really change my estimation of them much. so i'm unhappy to see LatAm who grinded their asses off to get a top 2 seed just hit potentially the strongest team in top 8. i'd have liked to see both of these teams make it further, i think they both deserve it. alas

Gen 9 Random Battle Bo5: pokeblade101 vs GXE - blade's great, gxe is even better
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: ZDen vs Kate - popped off r1, wasn't unknown to me like he might've been to the rands mains, but was still a bit surprising - with that said, he earned his record here and proved competence elsewhere before so no reason to predict against. kate's not set the world on fire
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: haxlolo vs chub - gen9 chub is curious. haxlolo subbing in over LITS to end last round and over franco in playoffs means i think that he really wants this, and he's not a bad player, so i think i favor him here
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo5: Lets In The Sun vs Typhlosion48 - looks unstoppable rn
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo3: Enzonana. vs Hacker - i really like hacker as a player in general but i'm not sure how much practice they have with dmax which is really fundamental in gen8, enzonana has at least the round 1 games
Gen 7 Random Battle Bo3: Tarre25 vs TeamCharm - same r1 record but tc did it in a harder pool
Gen 6 Random Battle Bo3: ElectricityCat vs Piapia - piapia has been disgustingly good this tournament
Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: davidelbello vs FMG - two players who struggled r1, but i think fmg is just much more experienced and overall a bit better
Gen 4 Random Battle Bo3: Mako vs SuperEpicAmpharos - mako has improved about x100 in the last couple months, i'm a big SEA fan but he struggled in r1 and mako is in ridiculous form right now
Gen 3 Random Battle Bo3: Mashing vs Xrn - i bold xrn in any tier against 70% of players in this tournament or so
Gen 2 Random Battle Bo3: ziloXX vs HSA - zilo farmed a very easy pool, HSA "only" went 3-2 but his group was quite a lot harder. in rands, i favor someone with more overall pokemon experience like hsa i think
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3: Luchik vs royzin - i expected royzin to 5-0, i didn't watch their losses but i assume it was just tough luck. luchik's strong too, but in general i rate royzin just slightly higher

US West (5) vs India (7)
west's bottom end is alright, they don't have super weak slots, and that's what really got them through r1. but i think their top end is frighteningly close to their bottom end, and they should fall to a team with a lot more star power in india even if i think gen1+2 are pretty much guaranteed to go west's way
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo5: EternalSnowman vs RaJ.Shoot - raj struggled but could easily see him take this tbh. depends on which raj shows up, this guy is capable of more than he showed in this tour so far
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: GO lucario vs freezai - easily
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: LordST vs Faaagamer - won games in a hard pool, not very familiar with either but from what i've seen of r1 i rate faaagamer slightly higher
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo5: Shadows4 vs Master Chief - good at pokemon
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo3: R1C3M4N vs Premmmm - r1c3m4n really struggled r1 and premmmm seemed to do ok after getting subbed, again not super familiar with either
Gen 7 Random Battle Bo3: queso vs Champfernape - makes sense to switch piyush to cover an older slot but i have never seen champfernape play lol. has a decent shot if he's on the same level as the other india players that i'd never seen play before this tour, though
Gen 6 Random Battle Bo3: shiloh vs So Noisy - insanely good pokemon player
Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: neycwang vs Dj Breloominati♬ - already won but easy bold, looked extremely comfortable in bw and went positive in a brutal pool
Gen 4 Random Battle Bo3: Vaboh vs pj - could go either way
Gen 3 Random Battle Bo3: HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs Piyush25 - piyu is super nasty and i don't think lower familiarity with gen3 rands will hurt him much
Gen 2 Random Battle Bo3: MrSoup vs Blui - india needs a gen2 bootcamp asap to find someone for rcop + wcor
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3: Sabelette vs fatBatman - india needs a gen1 bootcamp asap to find someone for rcop + wcor

US Northeast (5) vs Benelux (7)
NE was obviously too good across the board to ever have any trouble with R1. Michielleus and xGang look crazy strong though, and if Benelux can start 2-0 from them they might have the quality to make it happen everywhere else. Pretty funny lineup shift from BNL in 4/5/6/7, let's see how well it works out

Gen 9 Random Battle Bo5: Lady Writer vs Michielleus - looks unstoppable right now
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: Buhrito vs Fant'sy Beast - Fant'sy Beast won the first one but Buhrito didn't lose to anyone else and is looking slightly scarier overall imo
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: Legendary vs Jordy004 - haven't really been impressed by Legendary, Jordy is solid
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo5: BoRida vs YveltalNL - Starting Yveltal is definitely the right call but BoRida will still likely be too tall a mountain to climb
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo3: peap vs appelsap - has to be the weakest pairing in all the QF, both looked nearly incapable of winning a game in r1. bolding peap off of higher past peaks but I'm surprised a sub didn't come from NE, they had alternatives
Gen 7 Random Battle Bo3: Betathunder vs Ruft - betathunder cursed himself with that commencement post. ruft's good at pokemon despite the tough r1
Gen 6 Random Battle Bo3: Rage.Spam.Quit. vs TheFranklin - there is no way he keeps losing, entirely too good at mons to ever go 1-5. rsq isn't bad but i'm bolding mons skill over randbats familiarity
Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: Monai vs Ainzcrad - personally would've kept ainzcrad in DPP where he had better chances of winning and sacrificed drud to monai, extremely unlikely to lose
Gen 4 Random Battle Bo3: Casual dot exe vs Drud - looks very comfortable here, hard to predict against him but it wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the world if drud pulled this off
Gen 3 Random Battle Bo3: Jisoo vs xGang - xgang got autowin matchups in his hardest r1 game (me), but 5-0 is 5-0 and xgang is xgang, hard to argue with that. jisoo is solid and can win with some luck but generally xgang is on another level
Gen 2 Random Battle Bo3: Alpha Male Psyduck vs livid washed - was pretty impressed by livid washed r1
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3: king edgy vs Kipkluif - people keep telling me that king edgy's great but he keeps losing whenever i watch him. i do not see it. kipkluif hasn't terribly impressed either, but it is fun to bold against the more hyped player whenever it is reasonable to do so

Tarrembeau

le moi est incommunicable
is a Community Contributor
Let's have predictions. A few disclaimer first: no, I do not hold the truth and this is mostly for fun's sake. This is rands and every player at this point is at least strong enough to navigate a good match up to the win, so anyone can win against anyone here. On a side note, there have been like 800 series and something like 2200 games of rands just for this tour: no, I haven't watched everything and I still may be unfamiliar with some of the players here. With that said:

Gen 9 Random Battle Bo5: Separation vs Shaneghoul - China did it again: starting very low and then get to the top of the main stage by the end of it. Separation is a strong player i should know that, I drafted them myself last RBTT. I do think gen8 is their stronger format compared to gen9, and Shaneghoul is a fierce opponent, but I'm still giving the edge to China's captain here.
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: RainListener vs Leni - RainListener only loss was to my man Prodige and it was a cool match to watch. Leni I'm less familiar with, so I'll give the edge to the one player I know to be solid.
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: lza vs Lily - Two players I haven't watched actually. I know Lily is solid, from reputation only, but Iza seems to have won against better opponents so far. If that means anything, then it explains my uneducated guess.
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo5: llxwd vs mj - two strong players afaik. llxwd did fairly poorly last year but seems to have a better form this time. mj is coming strong from his dominance in the classic opens and in the quals, despite a mildly 2-3 result against the best competition in the tour, so it may go fairly well for him in quarters.
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo3: kaifengyyds vs RoFnA - unless there's a name change I'm not aware of, kaifengyyds is a new player on China's roster. They did fairly well, but lost the first match to RoFnA. Now, I haven't watched this particular series, but RoFnA seemed solid from what I saw elsewhere, so I see no reason for the history not to repeat itself.
Gen 7 Random Battle Bo3: burstbean vs pannu - burstbean was a sub last year, and replaces the very successful gen7 player China had back then. Same as above, pannu won the first match and I don't think it's going to change much.
Gen 6 Random Battle Bo3: Quagmander vs Petros - Petros is back, apparently, with a very convincing 5-0. Quagmander is fairly strong, but this WCoR Petros seems to live up to his reputation.
Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: Raceding vs GoldCat - Raceding is one of the new addition to China's roster, and my god, it was a welcomed one. GoldCat replaced Epicboost who struggled a bit against a good pool, we'll see how it goes
Gen 4 Random Battle Bo3: ksicide vs mael - mael and ksicide both dominated their pool with a 4-1 result, and they both play very well. I'm going with my guts here.
Gen 3 Random Battle Bo3: Indulge in dreams vs Xceloh - Xceloh is back at gen3 after a very long hiatus and survived the strongest pool in the tournament with a 3-2 records. Indulge in dreams is a capable player but I don't think it will be enough this time.
Gen 2 Random Battle Bo3: Yuudachi0811 vs SANKE CARP - two strong players as well. Believe me when I say I'm not watching gen2 rands as a quality time. I'll go with the players with the best results.
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3: cscl vs saba - cscl managed to prevent the goat yazu from going 5-0, and went like 6-2 last year, meanwhile saba is here to replace a banned deucer. With that said, I don't think cscl is among the very top of the format players yet, but he should still get this win unless shit happens.

LatAm (7) vs US South (5)
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo5: pokeblade101 vs GXE - one of the highlight of the round as far as I'm concerned. I do think blade is the better rands player, but GXE is a very experienced tours player with solid nerves, and in a long grueling match of gen9 rands, I think it will prevail in the end.
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: ZDen vs Kate - Kate dominated the qualifying round, and did not dominate the main stage, to put it that way, contrary to ZDen, who I'm unfamiliar with. I guess the results speak for themselves?
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: haxlolo vs chub - here we have a double change! Hacker got moved to gen8 bo3 and Stone Cold subbed out, for reasons that are unknown to yours truly. chub is their replacement; a choice I'm very surprised by, as I mostly know chub as a rby player. On the other side, JustFranco got subbed out after going 2-3, and haxlolo got in after winning a series of gen8 bo5. Is this a temporary replacement?
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo5: Lets In The Sun vs Typhlosion48 - Lets In The Sun did decently last round, but Typh is probably the best gen8 player, or, at the very least, one of the few best. Can't really bold against that.
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo3: Enzonana. vs Hacker - Here we found Hacker, in a format I think they're more familiar with. Enzonana is fairly strong as well, I'm giving them a tiny edge here i guess?
Gen 7 Random Battle Bo3: Tarre25 vs TeamCharm - I haven't watched Tarre25 yet. Outside of the fact some people mistake me for them and vice versa, I got hindsight of their formidable training sessions. TeamCharm is strong but won't overcome my (almost) homonymous.
Gen 6 Random Battle Bo3: ElectricityCat vs Piapia - Pia is using rands staff magic to rig the series. That, or they're very strong, going 8-1 so far.
Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: davidelbello vs FMG - none of the two showed great results so far in what is arguably the least balanced format in the tour. I still think FMG incredible resumee in pokemon is to be considered here, though.
Gen 4 Random Battle Bo3: Mako vs SuperEpicAmpharos - Mako got subbed in, replacing my fellow skymin duc, and it seems like it's working wonders. SEA is winless in the main stage after being 4-0 in the quals. Overall, I think the goat Mako has better chances in this very high variance format.
Gen 3 Random Battle Bo3: Mashing vs Xrn - if something is to be noted so far, it's Xrn extreme consistency in results in this tour. Mashing had a bit of a rocky start, however. I'm favoring the 'murican here.
Gen 2 Random Battle Bo3: ziloXX vs HSA - ziloXX, I was not familiar with them and I'm still not inflicting myself the pain of watching gen2 series. I'll go by results here.
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3: Luchik vs royzin - that's another highlight of some sort. Two players familiar with each others and who usually show great results in their tier. I'm giving a small edge to luchi.

US West (7) vs Bharat India (5)
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo5: EternalSnowman vs RaJ.Shoot - Raj.shoot is here replacing pikaplayer after them going 0-3 in a sad manner. I haven't watched anything of EternalSnowman yet, so I kinda flipped a coin for this one
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: GO lucario vs freezai - GO lucario didn't convince me that much so far, meanwhile freezai is still chasing the ladder 1st spot and beating strong players in his path. Also freezai experience in high pressure tours should help here, once more.
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: LordST vs Faaagamer - Faaagamer and freezai were switched, so faaagamer will have the displeasure to face another skymin player. LordST always showed strong results in rands, I don't think it needs to change in this new gen.
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo5: Shadows4 vs Master Chief - the highlight of this team fight. Two very strong players who know what they're doing in this difficult format. I'm giving a tiny slight edge to shadows who's maybe more experienced in the specificities of rands, but that's it, it can go either way.
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo3: R1C3M4N vs Premmmm - riceman had a bit of an unfortunate run in the main stage, but they're stronger than their result shows. I don't know much about premmmm.
Gen 7 Random Battle Bo3: queso vs Champfernape - Champfernape got subbed in gen7 after Piyush moved to gen3. A bit of an uncertainty here, and queso (also a skymin!) is a solid player.
Gen 6 Random Battle Bo3: shiloh vs So Noisy - two strong players as well here, but So Noisy seems to be on a roll to murder everyone in their path.
Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: neycwang vs Dj Breloominati♬ - done, spitfire won
Gen 4 Random Battle Bo3: Vaboh vs pj - two very convincing players. pj showed better results here so far, but Vaboh is not to be underestimated.
Gen 3 Random Battle Bo3: HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs Piyush25 - Piyush is very strong and that's not only because they're farming high gxe on low ladder players. Anna says hi is a great gen3 player, used to face off against the best of the best, but I'm still giving an edge to the Indian.
Gen 2 Random Battle Bo3: MrSoup vs Blui - I'm still very surprised to see Blui in gen2 and not in gen6 or something like that. MrSoup is one of the best (and only!) gen2 rands player, in the meantime.
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3: Sabelette vs fatBatman - Sabelette definitely knows their rby! I haven't watched fatBatman at all, so I'll go with results in the main stage here.

US Northeast (7) vs Benelux (5)
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo5: Lady Writer vs Michielleus - ah man, USNE vs Benelux could have been a very hype finals! and the gen9 bo5 is also one of the highlights of the round. Two players among the very best. It really can go both ways, but I'm more used to see Michielleus pull off the win when you most need him to, so I'll bold them here.
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: Buhrito vs Fant'sy Beast - Buhrito is definitely the newcomer of the year, after his great RBTT showing he's showing great dominance is WCoR as well (yes, there is a chiasmus here, enjoy). Fant'sy is very strong as well, should be interesting to watch.
Gen 9 Random Battle Bo3: Legendary vs Jordy004 - Benelux managers subbed themselves out in order to let their players in, which, I think, is the right decision. Unfortunately Jordy is going to face Legendary, who, despite a slightly disappointing main stage run, is a more established player.
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo5: BoRida vs YveltalNL - Well, although YveltalNL is definitely a worthy contender, I don't think there are any players I would give more than a 51% edge in gen8 against Borida. (except myself, but Boris knows what I mean).
Gen 8 Random Battle Bo3: peap vs appelsap - this is a fairly equal match up, both players are strong and know what they're doing. peap has been struggling lately though, but appelsap as well, so idk.
Gen 7 Random Battle Bo3: Betathunder vs Ruft - Betathunder is strong. That's an understatement. Ruft was switched to gen7 in place of Elgino who had a difficult run. Ruft went 0-3 in gen6, let see if anything changes with the z move gen.
Gen 6 Random Battle Bo3: Rage.Spam.Quit. vs TheFranklin - last round biggest surprise was to see arce9 go negative. Gen5 jankeness came back to bite him after so many years of dominance there. I agree with Benelux decision to move him to gen6, newly revamped and overall better competitive format. His opponent is one of the very best imo so it should be extremely interesting to spectate!
Gen 5 Random Battle Bo3: Monai vs Ainzcrad - I will admit that I haven't watch any games of either of these players yet. This is purely going by results here
Gen 4 Random Battle Bo3: Casual dot exe vs Drud - still following the reorganisation plan of Benelux rands team, Drud has been subbed in to fill the gap after the players were all moved up one gen. They're up against cde who's an ever successful rands players and still shows great dominance over the field to this day.
Gen 3 Random Battle Bo3: Jisoo vs xGang - Jisoo was fairly convincing during quals and kept up the goods during main stage. But xGang is arguably the best rands player in his own format, and the best rands player by result, overall, ever, in team tours. Going 5-0 in the pool of death in a very convincing manner, I do not see him slowing down yet.
Gen 2 Random Battle Bo3: Alpha Male Psyduck vs livid washed - is this gen1 rands? amp slotting here still surprises me but NE has the widest pool of gen1 players ever. Livid is probably a less strong gen1 player than amp, but definitely gets a better grip over gsc, so an edge for them here.
Gen 1 Random Battle Bo3: king edgy vs Kipkluif - Kipkluif kinda took over the gen1 spots because no one else in the netherlands play it, except one guy who isn't really on the "team spirit" side of the competition. With that said, they did fairly well and not in an embarrassing manner at all. King edgy is one of the best players of the gen1 rands community but so far is struggling a bit in this tour. We'll see how it goes, but i'm still giving them an edge.

Last edited:
low-effort predictions here we go
China (7) vs Africope (5)

LatAm (5) vs US South (7)

US West (5) vs India (7)

amusing how i bolded all the gen2 players that made it out of the death pool
glhf all

Predictions:

LatAm (5) vs US South (7)

US West
(7) vs India (5)

US Northeast (8) vs Benelux (4)

Last edited:

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)