Tournament World Cup of Randbats 2023 - Commencement Thread

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Random Battle Lead
Commencement.png

logo by me :3

Welcome, one and all, to your WCOR '23 Commencement Thread!

A fun, chill, and respectful(!) place for chit-chat, smack talk, and...sorry it says here "dank meems"? not sure what that's about...related to this year's CORN. Please remember that all Smogon rules still apply. Have fun! <3

Last edited:

MrSoup

my gf broke up with me again
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Promotion Post!!!

My gen 1 and 2 comrade get extremely limited visibility when it comes to the rands community, often relegating themselves to the deep depths of tournament discords, so I'm gonna take this opportunity to shout out some faces that definitely need to be drafted.

CollectorEly is one of the best gen 1 rands players, consistently showing top results on ladders and in tours. They've also taken a foray into non-randomized metas, debuting as a genuinely unknown player in ALTPL and having an extremely impressive performance in RBY Ubers as a top-tier starter. Do not mess with Ely, he has some of the nastiest plays in RBY.

Midwest is put in an extremely tough situation, however, as tylerfitz8 is right there with Ely as one of the best and a returning signup from last year. He's known for being able to play GSC at a high level as well, but I certainly don't envy the managers' position here.

royzin is a decently well-known name as of recent in the circle of RBY metas, but he's one of the top names in rands. This man is always at the top of the ladder and puts in impressive numbers in the RBY rands discord. Moreover, they've shown impressive results in OU and non-OU RBY metas, being at near-qualification for RBY circuit and low-tier circuit.

As much of an obvious choice as it is, I have to shout out chub as one of the best veteran players but new smogon players. Although he played for south last year with an insane record, he's got extremely tough competition with my boy roy. Like the Midwest, however, these players can rep other old gens as well, but Chub's RBY play is some of the most consistent and high level in the whole pool. As a current circuit qualifier, invitational player, RBYPL winner and more, his menacingly low message count and simple PFP say it all.

SANKE CARP may be an overlooked choice. I know them purely as a GSC rands player, and they're one of the few discord tour players that can consistently keep up. Keep an eye on this guy, they definitely have what it takes and are one of the few active players of the meta.

While I do not know nicole7735 specifically for her rands play, I do know her for being one of the strongest RBY forces who puts a lot of effort into her tournaments. An up-and-coming player with a boatload of talent, please pick this stellar option up.

This may go without saying, but both YBW and Ice Yazu are also top threats for RBY. They're both well-repped and known players, but I'd be sad to see them accidentally passed up so I'm mentioning them anyways.

Tagging relevant managers (you can't stop me) bobomania PrinceOfAllTacos Drifting damien the genius clean Theia Xceloh Petros

Also, any US West players looking for a roster spot, do not hesitate to hit me or my comanager up on smogon or discord. We're more than happy to look into ladder legends and unsung heroes.

Let's make this a great tour!

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Promotion Post!!!

My gen 1 and 2 comrade get extremely limited visibility when it comes to the rands community, often relegating themselves to the deep depths of tournament discords, so I'm gonna take this opportunity to shout out some faces that definitely need to be drafted.

CollectorEly is one of the best gen 1 rands players, consistently showing top results on ladders and in tours. They've also taken a foray into non-randomized metas, debuting as a genuinely unknown player in ALTPL and having an extremely impressive performance in RBY Ubers as a top-tier starter. Do not mess with Ely, he has some of the nastiest plays in RBY.

Midwest is put in an extremely tough situation, however, as tylerfitz8 is right there with Ely as one of the best and a returning signup from last year. He's known for being able to play GSC at a high level as well, but I certainly don't envy the managers' position here.

royzin is a decently well-known name as of recent in the circle of RBY metas, but he's one of the top names in rands. This man is always at the top of the ladder and puts in impressive numbers in the RBY rands discord. Moreover, they've shown impressive results in OU and non-OU RBY metas, being at near-qualification for RBY circuit and low-tier circuit.

As much of an obvious choice as it is, I have to shout out chub as one of the best veteran players but new smogon players. Although he played for south last year with an insane record, he's got extremely tough competition with my boy roy. Like the Midwest, however, these players can rep other old gens as well, but Chub's RBY play is some of the most consistent and high level in the whole pool. As a current circuit qualifier, invitational player, RBYPL winner and more, his menacingly low message count and simple PFP say it all.

SANKE CARP may be an overlooked choice. I know them purely as a GSC rands player, and they're one of the few discord tour players that can consistently keep up. Keep an eye on this guy, they definitely have what it takes and are one of the few active players of the meta.

While I do not know nicole7735 specifically for her rands play, I do know her for being one of the strongest RBY forces who puts a lot of effort into her tournaments. An up-and-coming player with a boatload of talent, please pick this stellar option up.

This may go without saying, but both YBW and Ice Yazu are also top threats for RBY. They're both well-repped and known players, but I'd be sad to see them accidentally passed up so I'm mentioning them anyways.

Tagging relevant managers (you can't stop me) bobomania PrinceOfAllTacos Drifting damien the genius clean Theia Xceloh Petros

Also, any US West players looking for a roster spot, do not hesitate to hit me or my comanager up on smogon or discord. We're more than happy to look into ladder legends and unsung heroes.

bo11 gen 2 randbats blitz rn

Kinetic

my focus is UNPARALLELED
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Promotion Post!!!

gen 1 randbats thursday 2pm -7
if i win you're morally obligated to draft me

Promotion Post!!!

*Blushes*
Appreciate the shoutout mr soup.

And yeah, Tyler is just as good as anyone when he’s on his game, and a good friend of mine. If anyone gets the pick over me i’d be glad it’s him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)