Tournament World Cup of OMs - Captain Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Approved by TI and Flint
art by h_n_g_m_n

OM players across the globe, it's time to unite for the first annual World Cup of OMs! In this thread you will sign up to captain one of the below teams, fighting alongside other representatives of your country, region, or territorial amalgamation. If you want to lead a team, you must post in this thread.

The teams that will be competing in this tour, based on the number and regions of player signups, are as follows.
Asia
Canada
North Europe
South Europe
Oceania
UK
US Northeast
US West
US Midwest
US South
942px-Census_Regions_and_Division_of_the_United_States.svg.png

If anyone is wondering why North vs South rather than the more traditional East vs West, the majority of signups in Europe were between just two countries, France and The Netherlands. The two needed to be split to form two regions capable of fielding enough players. This also generally follows the division seen in WCOP 1v1 except without Central Europe.

As a captain, you will be expected to provide a lineup for each week and keep your team running. You may designate an assistant manager/co-captain as well, but it is not required. Captain and co-captain will be allowed to play. This is to prevent regions already low on people from being at a further disadvantage.

In order to apply for captaincy, you will need to post in this thread. You will also need to PM myself, TI, and Flint the team you would draft if you were chosen. This means sending in a lineup of 8 people, but it does not mean deciding who will play which meta. This will prevent unnecessary delay while keeping any decisions hidden until after your team is picked. It is recommended you speak to others from your region before signing up, if a region is clearly behind one candidate then it will make the drafting and selection process much clearer and easier. The post in this thread is just to publicly announce intent, all you need to do is include your region and an assistant manager if you want one.

This thread will stay open for one week, so make sure to sign up by 10pm EST on the 19th of October if you plan to manage. For anyone who signs up earlier, you will be able to change your team up until that deadline. After that, we will post the list of captains, the drafted players, and begin the tournament! I will also be posting the regional divisions and schedule sometime soon.

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
in for us west captain, my co captain is rozes .

I feel like i would have a good leadership ability because i was a captain on the first 1v1 wcop and my team won, and even though i managed team europe i still feel that shows my ability to act as a leader. I might not seem like the best choice because a lot of people have strong opinions on me, but I don't believe that would stop me from being able to operate as a worthwhile captain.

https://discord.gg/cEPSJ8s

Last edited:

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
I've come to put my stake in the ground for the captaincy of Team CANADA. While I don't have lots of experience managing, I did recently win OMPL as the manager, which shows both my commitment to OMs as well as my strong ability to lead.

Along side me, my Co-Captain will be OM Room/OM, the long time OM player who will complement me as a captain in our quest to win the first annual World Cup of OMs!

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Xynix and I would like to manage US West!

we both are organized and I have a good chunk of team tour experience such having played in ompl and a few others. xynix has unretired for the extent of this tour and also knows the AG community well, then I know the om community to an extent.

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Signing up as Captain for Asia and The Immortal will be my co-Captain to lead the charge with our fellow Asian Goats.

While I have minor managing experience(even tho that ended on a winning note), I have a tendency to have a good rapport with most people, alongside having a strong leadership quality and with the experienced TI on the side, we are more than good to go.

I hope everyone has a fun tour and if you are counting out Asia yet, you are in for a hell-a surprise :blobglare:

someone CoCap North Europe with me, I need to make up for this horrible WCO1v1 lmao

srsly though unless there's somebody more qualified I'd enjoy snatching NE/ CoCap w whoever signs

(managed wco1v1 and a few discord tours by now I think I'm definetly gonna do a good job, have experience in 1v1 and AG and I'll get someone to help me w picking players for the big untiers)

Had a talk with TheShadowClaw a 1v1 mainstay and player with AAA experience and appereances in OMPL, he would take on the role of assman if we get the opportunity to manage

Last edited:

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've come to put my stake in the ground for the captaincy of Team CANADA. While I don't have lots of experience managing, I did recently win OMPL as the manager, which shows both my commitment to OMs as well as my strong ability to lead.

Along side me, my Co-Captain will be OM Room/OM, the long time OM player who will complement me as a captain in our quest to win the first annual World Cup of OMs!
confirmerino

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've realized that waiting until Sunday to select managers won't work at all for starting phase 1 on Monday since they rely on all the managers having everything finalized and sending in lineups in less than half a day, so some scheduling adjustments have to be made. The final managers will be chosen October 19th rather than the 21st, at the same time of 10pm EST. Anyone still looking to sign up and/or find a cocaptain has about 24 hours from now to do so. After that, the selected managers will have another day to finalize rosters and I'm going to be expecting those by 10pm EST on the 20th and posting those soon after. Then starting lineups for phase 1 will be due by 10pm on the 21st, so that I can get matchups up the following day.

MZ

The captains for the first iteration of World Cup of OMs will be as follows:

Asia- Sylveon. and The Immortal
Canada- Jrdn and OM room
North Europe- neomon and TheShadowClaw
South Europe- Mark_K and Terracotta
Oceania- MAMP and Chloe
UK- Willdbeast and Hamhamhamham
US Northeast- sed and drampa's grandpa
US West- Anaconja and Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request)
US Midwest- Uselesscrab and ayedan
US South- In The Hills and Ransei

Congratulations to everyone who was selected, especially those with no competition :bloblul:
Managers, you have 24 hours to confirm your final draft in the signup PM, after that I'll be posting your most recent selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)