Tournament World Cup of 1v1 III - Captain Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.

reused banner by LifeisDANK
World Cup of 1v1 III
It's that time of year again; arguments about which metas should be included, meticulously drawn maps to give each team the minimum number of players, questionable decisions made by hosts, and everything else we somehow love about this tour: The World Cup of 1v1 is back, in its third installment!

The metagame slots each team is looking to fill in are as follows:

USUM 1v1 Bo7/5 (this will be decided later)
USUM 1v1 Bo5
USUM 1v1 Bo5
USUM 1v1 Bo5
ORAS 1v1 Bo5
ORAS 1v1 Bo5
BW 1v1 Bo5
DPP 1v1 Bo5

Starting off this year, we have the Team Captain signups. Please use the format shown at the bottom to sign up for whichever region you're looking to manage:

The Regions that we're using for teams this year are as follows:
  • US West
  • US Central + Latin America
  • US East
  • France + Italy
  • Central Europe
  • Outer Europe + Africa
  • Asia
  • Canada + Oceania
Thanks to lost heros for providing a map for us to use
Green = West
Red = Central
Blue = East
Green = Central
Red = Outer
Blue = France + Italy

Usually the countries considered to be Central European are Austria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland; in the broader sense Romania and Serbia too, occasionally also Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg.

With France + Italy being their own team, that leaves everything else being Outer Europe
As host, I reserve the right to move border states or nations to their neighboring teams, in the event that a team does not reach the minimum number of player signups necessary to fill in all the slots (This includes Latin America and Africa, if anyone signs up from these regions).

Code:
PS! name:
Co-Captain (Optional):
Region:
State/Nation:
Why would you be a good Captain?:
In the meantime, feel free to discuss the tournament in the 1v1 Tournaments discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/qBqPtdd

Last edited:

pazza

Banned deucer.
ps name: pazzaa
co captain:
I'm actually Cash
region: east
state: we both in new jersey

i managed in snake and my team went undefeated in all weeks but lost in finals sadly and cash knows a lot of 1v1 and has a bunch of expeirence. ask any of my old players and ti and they will say im a good captain

Also cash is a big og and can get lots of players back.if we want more good players he is our chance. I’ve also played in all 3 PLs so I know how a team should work

Last edited:
PS! name: CallMeJJok3R
Co-Captain (Optional): I don't know, will take someone if they are decent enough. Doubt I'll be picked, so ya. Happy trees is my attitude right now.
Region: US West
State/Nation: OR/USA
Why would you be a good Captain?: I like naps, and long walks on the beach. I tell DEG what to do all the time. And I have a nice Sailor's cap I can wear. My team will know the joy of a full belly & high spirits. For the off chance we start dropping games, I won't hesitate to dish out punishment like my dad did to me when I was younger. With the pride of famous US Western people like Uselesscrab, Kentari, and Snoopdog, we will not go quietly in to the night, we will not vanish without a fight, we will survive, we will thrive, and we will win. US West will not only be an American name, but a world wide name. We won't let DEG take what is ours. This our Independence day!

Last edited:
PS! name: JediR
Co-Captain (Optional): Jamez155
Region: US East
State/Nation: I'm New Hampshire, James is New York
Why would you be a good Captain?: While I might not have the most experience with managing personally, I feel confident that myself and James together would put together a good, solid team with a positive team atmosphere. Both of us have experience playing in tours, so we know how the process works, and James brings experience with managing to the table. We also were on the same team for PL (Frozen Articunos), which James co-managed, and know each other well enough to work positively together.

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
PS! name: martha
Co-Captain (Optional): London13
Region: Outer Europe + Africa
State/Nation: UK (both of us)
Why would you be a good Captain?: I managed North Europe last WC, and since then I’ve gained a lot of experience in the 1v1 community participating in 1v1PL and other forum tours. London13 won last 1v1PL on the Heatrans and was undefeated 5-0. He also has a lot of manager experience outside of 1v1. We both also actively play other team tours like UUPL and LCPL so we know what works in a team tour environment.

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
PS! name : Boat (phiwings99)
Co-captain : AllFourtyOne
Region : US West
State : Alaska, AllFourtyOne is Cali
Why would you be a good captain? : I'm the boat. Since I've joined the 1v1 community, I've been very active, playing in almost every tour and consistently laddering, usually at the top. I learned a lot about how team tours should be managed from Premier League and I'm confident we can lead West Coast to victory. Me and AllFourtyOne already have the full support of the west coast players (including dom and Bandit), and the team is already planning and building in a team discord.

Last edited:

lost heros

Meme Master
is a Pre-Contributor
PS! name: Lost Heros
Co-Captain (Optional): No one barring any changes
State/Nation: Florida
Why would you be a good Captain?: I managed for PL recently as a way back into the community after my absence. Because of that, I feel like I know a lot more of the community than I did during PL. Historically pretty solid at 1v1 and I can help my team in SM, ORAS, and moderately in BW/DPP. I get along well with pretty much all players in the community as well, and I can likely create a strong, positive team

I got lost in Asia so i can sign up for that too.

Last edited:

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
PS! name: CallMeJJok3R
Co-Captain (Optional): Someone from the US West.
Region: US West
State/Nation: OR/USA
Why would you be a good Captain?: I like naps, and long walks on the beach. I tell DEG what to do all the time. And I have a nice Sailor's cap I can wear. My team will know the joy of a full belly & high spirits. For the off chance we start dropping games, I won't hesitate to dish out punishment like my dad did to me when I was younger. With the pride of famous US Western people like Uselesscrab, Kentari, and Snoopdog, we will not go quietly in to the night, we will not vanish without a fight, we will survive, we will thrive, and we will win. US West will not only be an American name, but a world wide name. We won't let DEG take what is ours. This our Independence day!
I'd like to co-captain, I'm in the US West, and I want to learn about leading a team.
in washington state, pulsar512b as showdown

Last edited:
PS! name: HustonSmogon
Co-Captain (Optional): nonw
State/Nation: I live on the AL/TN line
Why would you be a good Captain?: Decent player I guess xD

PS! name: TogliBabineBoeuf
Co-Captain (Optional): stableprince569
Region: France+Italy
State/Nation: France
Why would you be a good Captain?: I have already cap a team in a french teamtour and know the (little) playerbase 1v1 in France. Stableprince knows Italian players and together we will be nice caps. Anw we know many format of 1v1.

ps! name: Freddy Kyogre
co-Capitan: will add in later
region: Canada + Oceania (CONE)
nation: currently live in US East but i have lots of canadian IP time and ive played for canada for like 2 1v1WCs and 1 OMWC
why would i be a good captain: I captained CONE last year and co-captained in 1v1PL

Last edited:

ceraa

Banned deucer.
PS! name: ceraa, you might've seen me about on ps before i make myself quite present. ive also used the alternate username "commit murder" if you know me from my stint as that pseudonym. however i prefer not to use a pseudonym when it comes to my pokemon showdown username, since it may make people who know me confused due to the adoption of a new name. i gave the commit murder account to my friend and as far as im aware that username isn't attatched to me anymore. despite this i feel like i should list it anyway. some other names ive used on pokemon showdown include "prefer", which i dont really use much anymore and i have also commonly used the account "debit" but i haven't really used that account recently either.
Co-Captain (Optional): The Hallows is my pick for co-captain as i feel like between us we have such a great level of skill that it completely wrecks the competition which we face. our skill level combined knows absolutely no bounds. you could compare us to that anime thing where they fuse together idk what its called but we're pretty much like that. i
Region: outer europe + africa. me and my co-captain, the hallows, are both from the outer europe area. despite not living in africa currently, my father is actually from senegal and ive visited senegal quite frequently however i am not so satisfied with the amount of mosquito bites which i have recieved from my visits there. my father still lives there though and im sure he has many counter measures which he uses when it comes to combating the infestation of mosquitos. also my father drives a honda civic.
State/Nation: we are both from the uk, yes the UK. i absolutely love the uk and i love the people in the uk my love for my uk brothers (and sisters) knows absolutely no bounds. the relationship which i have with my country is so commendable and honorable that i really cant put into words how much i love the uk.
Why would you be a good Captain?: i mean, my level of understanding when it comes to 1v1 is commendable and i have recieved great praise from my peers when it comes to my ability in 1vs1. also, im very dedicated and i wont give up on my team. im really good and supportive and a great leader. one time when i was leading my team in my pokemon draft league i remember when someone said my favorite show on tv was bad but i just ignored it and carried on. it was really tough to accept these differing views and having something i care about being talked down on. i got his reasons but it was really difficult anyway. the love which i have for my team allowed me to look past these differences between my teammate and i and we ended up coming third in the tour which wasnt first but we would've probably come first if it wasn't for this scuffle. if anyone else was in my situation i would imagine that the team might've come fifth instead of third. i would also be a good captain because of my sense of humor. like.. im REALLY good at horseplay with my teammates but i know when to stop in serious environments and i can knuckle down when i need to! if you know me then you know i love to horse around and crack a bunch of jokes with all my buddies and i feel like the mood is lightened when i am in the room or the discord chat haha not really a room well maybe a discord room but thats not the point. i also feel like i am very smart, well not to sound like an egoist or anything but i remember during math class i was able to get my work done before most of my peers which is a good indication of how intelligent i actually am. i feel like in science i was good but i dont know maybe anyway thats not the point of my post. my point is that you should pick me i feel like i hold all the qualities which you would look for when it comes to a manager and my co-manager also fits the bill. he shares a lot of the same abilities i do (but not as good as math as i am haha). thanks for reading my sign-up and you can contact me via email or smogon pm anything goes (not the metagame this is 1v1 haha).

i also follow the 3 As when it comes to management: always calm, always in-tune and metagame.

ggopw

Banned deucer.
Singing up with Iron Crusher, he will be the manager
Region: Europe Central
State/Nation: Serbia (north of the Danube so central) and IC is from the Netherlands
Why would you be a good Captain?: Probably the most experienced pair of the ones that signed up so far (deg and whaleeee take the hottest).
My partner played every single team tour we had since the begging if im not wrong and i have managed in the last two with plenty of success in the individuals as well.

edit: d*scord -- https://discord.gg/fM9zqs | anyone, feel free to join!

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
62099973_321933642079601_1244889612539590567_n.jpg

Last edited:
PS! name: Uhh, it's variable, but it usually is some form of "Atti" or "Wrath"
Co-Captain (Optional): RaJ.Shoot
Region: Asia (though I know deg will easily get in)
State/Nation: We are both Indians (GMT +5.30)
Why would you be a good Captain?: I was assman for Freddy Kyogre in PL1 and led Passionate Pyukumukus to runners-up. Though I'm not as active in playing, and suck at 1v1 now, I'm still active with the community, and would love to show an opportunity to show my continued interest in them... I also feel that Raj would be a good partner, coz we are on similar wavelengths, or so I feel...

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
PS! Name: ayedan
Co-Captain (Optional): Alakazam
State/Nation: Indiana for me and New York for TDA
Why would you be a good Captain?: TDA has captained WC1v1 alongside James155, and before that cocaptained 1v1PL with Osra, making to finals both times, winning it all in 1v1PL. As well as playing most, if not all, team tours for 1v1 so he is well versed in team tournaments. I captained OMWC with Uselesscrab and have played in 1v1PL2, WC2, and 1v1PL3. I know the 1v1 community well and would gladly pick up on such a great team with TDA!

PA

Purgatory.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
PS! Name: Poison Adhesive
Co-Captain: WailJesus
Region: Outer Europe + Africa
State/Nation: UK
Why would you be a good Captain?: both of us have been active within the 1v1 community whilst also having distinctive knowledge on all the current metas mentioned. Wail went 2-1 last WC and 5-2 in pl while i just make teams really and went 3-2 last PL while also being martha's personal builder in the previous wc which has given me a lot more confidence as a player. We are both well known in the community and will hopefully bring outer europe to victory. we may have not won the women's world cup but we can at least get a smogon medal under our belt.

PS! Name: hakivgc
Co-captain: alive
Region: US Central + Latin America
State: Texas
Why would you be a good captain?: vgc and doubles player who started playing 1v1 tier this week and carried sample team to top 10 on ladder. But in all seriousness, no one else wanted to captain this region and I have experience in other team tours such as DPL1 where I went 5-1 and took home the chip. Also im a fun guy a ha ha haa

Last edited:
PS! name: PartMan
Co-Captain (Optional): Anyone?
Region: Asia
Nation: India
Why would you be a good Captain?: Well, I wouldn't. I'm just here so that Attidude has some competition, since no higher-than-mediocre players signed up for Asia (UwU, deg). I'm also terrible at choosing stuff and have no experience whatsoever. Still, if I'm picked, I promise to shower everyone with UwUs.

Speaking of which: UwU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)