WiFI Tournament Series 2 FINAL & Announcement on Series 3!

All good things must come to an end.

We are finally down to the Last 2.

The Undefeated Peruvian Dream (8-0) vs Peter The Headhunter (7-1)

Will the Hunter become the hunted? Or will the Hunter add a another trophy to his wall?

Stay tuned.......
by Kara

DEADLINE - Sunday 28th September 10:00PM GMT-5

I'd like to thank everyone who participated, I hope everyone enjoyed the tournament, and I'm sure we will all enjoy the videos that will be sure to follow this tournaments end. I've had alot of questions thrown at me regarding the Series 3, and here's the info alot of you have been waiting for:

Smogon WiFi Tournament Series 3 (catchy title TBD)
When? January 2009 (gives Ghandi plenty of time to run his)
Where? Smogon's WiFi Forum
Format? Now this is where things get interesting, and why this information is out with so much time in advance.

The format for the next tournament will be the following: 4 vs 4 Doubles with VG Showdown 2009 rules in effect. No more Tiers, no more Sleep Clauses, Platinum Tutors available. I'm sure everyone could use the practice for the upcoming qualifiers next year, and this should promote breeding of new ideas which are really lacking lately.

So there you go, I really look forward to the next tournament, as it should really change the pace and give alot of us some very needed practice for the upcoming VG Showdown.

Start working on your teams people, with more than 3 months in advance!

Meanwhile though, a new Tournament, not run by me, will be hosted by Ghandi1988, for all the UU lovers out there. It will be starting during the course of this month or the next, so be sure to keep checking back for Sign Ups!

I lost to myself so i'm all good, I only had the one loss all ttourny, the biggest opponent was me and my Grandad's cancer...

So I can keep my head held high...

Also Pablo, I might run it in Decemeber, and force it to overrun yours Muahaha :P

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Interesting idea using VG showdown 2009 rules. I wonder if they're any different from the 2008 rules.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gl to both the finalists! Pablo if you need any help running the next tourney I'd be glad to help. If not I'll probably end up participating again.

Anyone who wants to teach me how to UU feel free. Gin? August? You two out there?

Sunday and Frokko did agree to help teach people the amazingnesss of UU.

Although this was back in April, when this tourny was planned for July/August time :P.

Anyways you should ask them

There's still loads of time to plan everything. EE I figure by January we will most likely know the VG 2009 rules, and I think they are on the JPN site already.

I'm mostly announcing this now so people can get to breeding teams with ALOT of anticipation.

Where's THB =[? I hope we can battle today to finish soon this tourney and Pablo can take a rest of this x)...

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Sounds awesome, although I'm hoping most people will go with the "Gentlemans Agreement" and steer clear of Ubers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only ubers allowed are the lati twins, wobbuffet, and garchomp correct? Those didn't even show up much on the top teams right? Also is it going to be 50v50 as well or will it just be 100v100 to make things easier (but still having pokemon like dragonite banned for being over level 50)?

I think we can use the rules of Showdown but with the Smogon Tiers... because how can be posible Dragonite is banned and no Lati@s >>... so that tier needs some corrections

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)