Wi-Fi Blacklist: as of January 30th, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to report Mr. L for using hacked parents.

The 1st post states he is using a 31/X/31/31/31/31 parent and a 30/31/30/31/31/31 parent for a genderless Pokemon, Porygon. Which of course, could be done for the first one because of Emerald, but I don't believe it was done there. (Not sure, his trade thread is here.)

The second post states that the Ditto is from a friend who can't hack for his life, but if that was obtained in Emerald, it would be a 3+ day wait or something like that. Maybe more, I couldn't search for it without freezing my computer.

EDIT: Excuse me if his friend used Emerald for that, because I'm not sure if that spread exists for Method 2, and if it does, how far out it would be. (My computer froze when I tried to search too high)

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
I'd like to report AuraSphere for disconnecting when we were 5-1.
When I killed his 5th pokemon he disconnected, then I sent him a PM asking him for a reply, and he never did it.
He only had one Scarfed Mismagius (I tricked scarf on it) with Destiny Bond and maybe some other annoying moves since he was running focus sash vs my ttar with full health and 4 pokes remaining with full health.
His Mismagius had like 80% heatlh

After 3-4 PM's I finally got a reply but he said:

Ok look i am not the one that disconnected ok? I was playing until i got a message saying "A communication erroe blah blah blah. I did not turn off my DS. You probably did and you do not have any proof that i disconnected.
yeah xD, that is his reply after 3-4 PMs.

Meh, I think it's kind of pointless to report battle disconnectors since no one really does anything about them here anymore (they used to a few months ago). I reported someone yesterday but no mod took an interest in it. Only when problems regarding trading occurs, does anyone have an incentive to do anything nowadays.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

The 1st post states he is using a 31/X/31/31/31/31 parent and a 30/31/30/31/31/31 parent for a genderless Pokemon, Porygon. Which of course, could be done for the first one because of Emerald, but I don't believe it was done there. (Not sure, his trade thread is here.)

The second post states that the Ditto is from a friend who can't hack for his life, but if that was obtained in Emerald, it would be a 3+ day wait or something like that. Maybe more, I couldn't search for it without freezing my computer.

EDIT: Excuse me if his friend used Emerald for that, because I'm not sure if that spread exists for Method 2, and if it does, how far out it would be. (My computer froze when I tried to search too high)
I am suspecting Mr.L is an alias alt for ~L~ whom is already blacklisted.

Wouldn't surprise me. I know the latter fairly well as he trolls my website, and he uses proxies. Based on my past experiences, this person appears too eloquent to be the same person IMO. It's probably a coincidence.

I have to say, if I were to get blacklisted because someone who was already on the list had a similar name to me, I would be pretty pissed. This would be something that requires further investigation in my opinion.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I went into the moderator control panel. Ran the IP addresses. Neither are proxies and the coordinate locations differ too significantly for them to (likely) be a dynamic IP.

They likely aren't alts.

Edit: who likes the angry face icon I added ^__^

Oh my god, I did not know I was being considered for the blacklist. I have already posted my apology in the DMPT. I am sincerely sorry for this, and will stop the SRing of my Porygon. The porygon was Falconpawnch's PoryZ, but the ditto was as said by my friend when he learned I am being considered for the blacklist "A legit hack". I have LightningFusion for warning me about this, and am truly sorry.

EDIT: I'm a young person, and do not know what Eloquent means. MAy i ask what it does mean?
EDIT2: I chose the name Mr.L after the Evil Character from Super Paper Mario, and had no idea it was close to a blacklisted person's name, so can i make it clear that I am no hacker, liar, or a scam artist. Thank you.
EDIT3: Can someone confirm I'm not being investigated anymore for the blacklist? This is really making me worried.

they were saying that they thought you might be someone else who's already banned here. caelum said that he was pretty confident you weren't, so there's no issue.

EDIT: oops, I didn't notice Thetorsoboy's post. nvm

If he was doing something that he knew was illegal, he wouldn't have posted it in the Discuss My Pokemon thread.

I believe it was an honest mistake.

This may seem like extremely bad timing, but Toothache did you ever get the PM I sent you?
I figure PMing is not the best option, so here we go:

I was wondering if there was a possibility of me being taken off of blacklist and put on probational? It was 2 pokemon that were hacked, I haven't done any heavy duty breeding since then nor have I done very much trading (This was at the time of writing, I've bred about 2-3 things since then). I only did it because it seemed everyone else always had a one-up on anything I had to offer but I've realized that that is pretty futile and learned to breed for myself, not for everyone else. With the advent of Platinum I'd like to open another trade thread, which (for the most) will be entirely hack free as I have no intention of using any AR codes besides probably IV check, and maybe fast hatch if I'm short on some time.

I notice that this is bad timing, as it seems like I am riding the coat tails of Dragonite_92, but I urge you to please at least read this and give me a chance. It's not as if I ran away when someone called me out, I managed to trade back to everyone who got something hacked (of the dozen+ of pokemon I had up, only 2 were 'hacked') and didn't even clone the Pokemon that were traded to me. Lastly, the 2 pokemon were not created on pokesav either, they were legally created by the game but had the IVs hacked (illegally legal). Coupled with the fact that I'm getting the hang of this RNG thing (sorta, one day soon I'll hopefully perfect it) so there really is no point to hacking pokemon anyway, when it's easier to just abuse the RNG. You said yourself that if someone is willing to change (and I have) they are deserving of a second chance. I wont 'let you down' (I think that's the phrase I'm looking for) if you agree, nor abuse your trust. Believe me, do you think I'd be trying this hard just to screw up all over again? (Let alone make this tl;dr wall-of-text?)

Whatever your answer, thanks for reading anyway.

Expert Evan

If anyone has anything to say in Wishy's defense or in contrast, please PM to me or Toothache, Sunday or Jimbo and we shall take them into consideration.

I'd like to blacklist Garchomp93 for using hacks. Really bad hacks. I saw his pokemon in trade, and they had tons of Ev's and 31 in every stat.

I can Post the battle on youtube, but i wouldnt want trash like that on my channel. I don't think I've done anything to make anyone think i'm just being a sore loser, I battle and lose quite frequently and i have no problem with "legal hacks" as long as they are legal. more than 510 is not legal.

I would also like to report someone who uses illegal hacks in battles. This person is Nub FC: 1591 0485 7810. He used an Electivire that survived a Life Orb'ed Modest 252 SpA Draco Meteor from Latias with about 8%-10% of HP after SR. Here are some damage calcs:

LO Modest 252 SpA Draco Meteor from Latias VS 0/0 Electivire (the standard): 114.78% - 135.40%

LO Modest 252 SpA Draco Meteor from Latias VS 252/252 Electivire: 72.60% - 85.31%

What do you know, fits perfectly with what happened during the battle.

He also used a Crocune who took less than 50% from Jolly Breloom's Seed Bomb with 252 Atk which is normal for your standard 252/252 Bold Suicune. Here are damage calcs:

252 Atk Jolly Breloom Seed Bomb VS 252/252 Bold Suicune: 43.56% - 50.99%

But the problem is that it also outsped my Breloom that had max speed (262). Which of course is impossible on such a bulky Suicune. Which leads me to conclude that his Suicune also had 252 in Speed, giving it 269.

Hopefully this time the mods are willing to take action against Wifi battle offenders.

Hello there folks.
So my friend told me that Jeffree Star wrote a song called fgtron and i decided to google it(he didn't actually) and i came upon this site nintendopals.net and some kid is redistributing my roserade mantine and moltres from my giveaway.
Now I'm not sure if the mods here go into that territory of other pokesites but if there's something you guys can do to take my guys off his thread that would be cool but if not I'll survive.
here is the link
http://www.wiipals.net/Forum/f46/mustache-inc-44878.html
thanks and hugz to all your mugs

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
To be honest there is not a lot we can do about other sites, since they have completely different management. There are many traders here at Smogon who also trade on other sites, which is usually fine and often encouraged. The problem stems when one site's members get something that is not to be redistributed, and then it ends up on another site being distributed there.

We can, and we have before, blacklisted people who are not even a member of Smogon, and in this case it appears to be another time where that would be justified. It would help us immensely if those traders who post on multiple forums were to work with us to spot these dubious characters and bring them to our attention.

Also fgtron have you tried to get this guy to remove your stuff from his trade thread?

To be honest there is not a lot we can do about other sites, since they have completely different management. There are many traders here at Smogon who also trade on other sites, which is usually fine and often encouraged. The problem stems when one site's members get something that is not to be redistributed, and then it ends up on another site being distributed there.

We can, and we have before, blacklisted people who are not even a member of Smogon, and in this case it appears to be another time where that would be justified. It would help us immensely if those traders who post on multiple forums were to work with us to spot these dubious characters and bring them to our attention.

Also fgtron have you tried to get this guy to remove your stuff from his trade thread?
I made an account and sent him a message
I didn't really know if it might have been someone from this site who has redis rights and just has a different name cause i guess i don't really care if they are redistributing it on other sites as long as they are the giveaway winners but yeah i'll just try and settle it myself then
thanks anyway Toothache.

Hello there folks.
So my friend told me that Jeffree Star wrote a song called fgtron and i decided to google it(he didn't actually) and i came upon this site nintendopals.net and some kid is redistributing my roserade mantine and moltres from my giveaway.
Now I'm not sure if the mods here go into that territory of other pokesites but if there's something you guys can do to take my guys off his thread that would be cool but if not I'll survive.
here is the link
http://www.wiipals.net/Forum/f46/mustache-inc-44878.html
thanks and hugz to all your mugs
The last post in that topic was 30th October 2008, so I don't think you have anything to worry about at this present time. :/

lolol
I didn't even look at the date
and dr00 how am i supposed to remember an email about it forever ago
I'm not mister sober half the time im on here.
sorry about the waste in space then guys.
maybe i just missed all of you.
:0

Ok, so BlakBlastoise and I both reported people who uses illegally hacked pokemon in battles. How come nothing's being done? Although I'm not too sure about Blak's guy, the person I reported (Nub) uses illegal hacks as I have provided damage calcs to support my claim. He is still at the Battle Me thread asking for battles and it bothers me how he's getting away with hacking 31/252 in every stat.

EDIT: Thanks Expert Evan.

Expert Evan

Private message have been sent to both individuals. If no sufficient response is made then we'll add them to blacklist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)