Project Why did you join Draft?

Rissoux

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributor
Draft Leader
I stumbled into the community in 2017 by way of a discord link in a youtube comments section, though I can't remember which creator/video it was now (likely aDrive). I played in several leagues over the course of 2017/2018 and eventually became so fed up with the fact that none of them could finish a season, that I created my own server with the sole intention of playing in and hosting as many draft league divisions as I wanted to play in at one time. I wound up starting S1 of WPF with 3 divisions, A-B-C at that time and playing in them all. As the seasons went on and we grew in popularity, so did our number of divisions and by the time we had our fourth (D), I was having trouble playing in all of the divisions simultaneously so I stopped.
:cheem-pao:

I joined draft FAR later than most, as I did my first ever competitive Pokemon Battle of any kind in April 2021. I was pretty deeply ingrained in the Nuzlocke Community on discord, and have been a Pokemon Fan since 2000-2001, but I had never attempted anything competitive. In April 2021, I joined a friends Draft League not having any clue what it was. That league was my first ever, and through some folks I met there, I joined PBA and played in the Mow division. That was my first ever "real league". Now I have played in a lot of different leagues, mod in some, and even run my own! Despite being pretty mediocre at the game and taking a bit of a break in the middle of my career, I am back and loving it (for the most part). Really enjoy the community and the game!

I was in a Minecraft friend group that used to run a uhc recorded round and one of the guys wanted to make a Pokemon showdown draft league with the mc recorded round players, introducing me to showdown and draft leagues.

i joined draft because i was a shiny hunter (full odds baby) and saw channels like adrive uploading for it back in mid 2016 lol

My first league was on skype (boomer alert) and joined through the GBA website (BOOMER ALERT) and as all leagues did back then it died after week 2. Eventually wandered discord leagues that all ceremonially died around week 2 (i remember ones run by awesomehat and caffeineboost specifically) to the point I was in like 12 leagues at once. I wouldn't want to be in more than 1 now.

Regardless I joined the Brawl 4 All tour and through that met Azhar who picked me up on a whim for a small friends tour and got into hive upon its inception, and rest is history. I actually met up with 8 of my friends from there this last weekend, never would've imagined some of my longest and strongest friendships would have eventually came from the domino effect that was "teal sceptile look cool :o". Shoutouts OGs Bronson Luke inversify Mia and all yall I met in the wilderness back in the day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)