who would win in a fight- 1 billion lions or 1 of every pokemon (roughly 900)?

lions or pokemon?

• 1 billion lions

Votes: 43 17.4%
  • 1 of every pokemon

Votes: 178 72.1%
  • neither of them are real...

Votes: 26 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
Why is this still a fucking thread. I feel like everyone arguing for Pokemon does not understand the concept of a billion.

" 1 million seconds is equal to 11 and 1/2 days. 1 billion seconds is equal to 31 and 3/4 years. "

Does this help you dense 13-year-olds understand the concept of how big a billion is. Just look at the dude's post that talks about how much space a billion lions take up compared to the ~900 pokemon. This is not a fair right and is a dumb idea in the first place. Most pokemon would just die from heat exhaustion from being piled on and killed. This is exactly how Honey bees combat Wasps that attack their nest. I'm in genuine awe that people are still arguing Pokemon.

The PP argument is just saying that the pokemon would run out of energy before actually killing all 1 Billion. This is 100 accurate. I literally go to university and study exercise physiology so I know a thing or two about metabolism, lactate, and energy production. This is assuming that Pokemon exist and follow the same metabolic rules that both Humans and all Animals follow. There is no chance that ~900 Pokemon collectively would have enough energy production and a high enough metabolic rate to produce the energy needed to eradicate a billion lions.

EDIT: the Pokedex argument is so dumb and should not be taken seriously. As vonFiedler said it's written by 10yr olds.

I'm back, this time to talk about lion ladders. First of all, some Pokemon, such as Deoxys, can be in space. Lions cannot be in space. Also, it only takes one Stone Edge or Low Kick for the ladder to fall apart. Why Stone Edge, you may ask? In gen 7 and 8, the description for Stone Edge is: The user stabs the target from below with sharpened stones. Critical hits land more easily. Stone Edge would likely move the bottom lion far enough for the ladder to fail.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
I'm back, this time to talk about lion ladders. First of all, some Pokemon, such as Deoxys,
If it wants to win it needs to come down and actually attack the lions. Furthermore, it's going to get tired even if it comes into orbit and snipes lions with its beams or whatever. Its energy is finite and unless its a plant that can go into space and absorb solar radiation it's not going to be able to keep continuously killing lions.

If it wants to win it needs to come down and actually attack the lions. Furthermore, it's going to get tired even if it comes into orbit and snipes lions with its beams or whatever. Its energy is finite and unless its a plant that can go into space and absorb solar radiation it's not going to be able to keep continuously killing lions.
I'm not talking about Pokemon that can be in space attacking the ladder. I should have been clearer, but I'm talking about them walling out the lion ladder in space. Leave the ladder attacking to the Low Kickers.

Oh, and also, I was thinking about this for a while. Some of the psychic Pokemon can grab all the other Pokemon, spin them rapidly, and then you have a whirling blade of Pokemon. How are the lions going to stand up to this massive whirling blade? They probably can't.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
I should have been clearer, but I'm talking about them walling out the lion ladder in space.
Lions do not have the collective IQ to form a ladder up to space. Please do not propose silly hypotheticals in an argument that I am now very much serious about now.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Deoxys is a virus, right? Isn’t it technically not alive and therefore disqualified from the outset?

But yeah 1 billion is a lot the only pokemon that stand a chance are the creation trio given they actually possess the god-level powers they’re said to.

Another things the Pokemon could do is to bring Explosion/Self Destruct users into space, breathing with bubbles from the Popplio line, and then hurling them down at the Lions, essentially becoming Exploding Meteors upon impact, such as the leading theory on what killed the Dinosaurs, a species def superior to Lions. That killed a whole species, so what's to say Exploding Golems coming out of space at Meteor speed couldn't?

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
Deoxys is a virus, right? Isn’t it technically not alive and therefore disqualified from the outset?
Viruses are are still living things and they fall into their own kingdom so Deoxys would indeed be allowed to fight.

Why is this still a fucking thread. I feel like everyone arguing for Pokemon does not understand the concept of a billion.

" 1 million seconds is equal to 11 and 1/2 days. 1 billion seconds is equal to 31 and 3/4 years. "

Does this help you dense 13-year-olds understand the concept of how big a billion is. Just look at the dude's post that talks about how much space a billion lions take up compared to the ~900 pokemon. This is not a fair right and is a dumb idea in the first place. Most pokemon would just die from heat exhaustion from being piled on and killed. This is exactly how Honey bees combat Wasps that attack their nest. I'm in genuine awe that people are still arguing Pokemon.

The PP argument is just saying that the pokemon would run out of energy before actually killing all 1 Billion. This is 100 accurate. I literally go to university and study exercise physiology so I know a thing or two about metabolism, lactate, and energy production. This is assuming that Pokemon exist and follow the same metabolic rules that both Humans and all Animals follow. There is no chance that ~900 Pokemon collectively would have enough energy production and a high enough metabolic rate to produce the energy needed to eradicate a billion lions.

EDIT: the Pokedex argument is so dumb and should not be taken seriously. As vonFiedler said it's written by 10yr olds.
Yes everyone knows that if you ignore pokedex entries and treat pokemon like normal fuckin animals (they're not) the lions win. They outnumber their fellow "normal creatures" 10 million / one.
However operating under the rules of the OP, and arguments with the OP on discord, all pokemon media, including dex, movies, anime, etc, are considered. Under these rules, pokemon have many many many wincons and strategies against the lions, literal controllers of the physical realm, and countless COUNTLESS pokemon that cannot be killed by lions.

"the Pokedex argument is so dumb and should not be taken seriously." Nobody was ever saying that if you ignored everything and treated pokemon like normal animals that the pokemon would win. This is implied.

Sorry for another message, but on the topic of massive whirling blades, can't the Swords Dance users give the swords to the psychic types, and the psychics make a massive whirling blade out of that? If they do that, it's probably GG.
If we gonna do that why not get a wall of Iron Defense users to stop the lions from advancing?

Sorry for another message, but on the topic of massive whirling blades, can't the Swords Dance users give the swords to the psychic types, and the psychics make a massive whirling blade out of that? If they do that, it's probably GG.
Considering dex and lore, Pokemon have so many legit ways to annihilate any amount of lions, why would you distract from those arguments with this tomfoolery...
:notlikethis:

Considering dex and lore, Pokemon have so many legit ways to annihilate any amount of lions, why would you distract from those arguments with this tomfoolery...
:notlikethis:
I can definitely agree they have many ways to annihilate lions, such as all the dragon types dropping dracos.

Ok, I guess you are right, but still, they're fucking meteors. Draco Meteor drops around 6 Draco Meteors, correct? There's much more than 16 Pokemon that get Draco. That's over 100 meteors heading the lions' way.
these numbers are so small its insignificant. this is a BILLION lions.
talking about a pokemon's offensive potential is much less useful than their defensive potential, in the lion MU, imo.
Like sure Magmortar will take out a couple hundred thousand, but thats useless if it'll get taken out by a 12 bites on the neck or so, even if the fangs melt theyre still doing damage

Mewtwo tho? It can fly. Its smart. It can TELEPORT. It can destroy skyscapers with a thought. This pokemon is much more dangerous and likely to solo a billion lions because of its defensive abilities, flight, teleportation, telekinesis.

So in the OP it states that since the Lions are typeless, the are not weak to anything. What about moves that changes your opponents type, such as Trevenant's Forest Curse, Hatterene's Magic Powder, Soak, Pumpkaboo's/Gourgeist's Trick-or-Treat, and other moves like that. Now that the Lions have another/a new type, they have a weakness, which makes them easier to beat

Violet

hilarity ensues
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Just gonna respond to a bunch of stuff rn

- Lion ladders: Given that humans can't reasonably stack more than 4 of us and move, I'm willing to bet a substantial sum that lions can't stack 100 of themselves up to talonflame AND catch it. I think everyone should assume from now on whoever uses "lion ladders" as an actual argument has effectively lost.
- Haha billion is such a big number you have to lose: Lions could have a trillion and still lose. I have several core attacks for this one.
- Jirachi: Wishes away every single lion, lions auto-lose
- Time out: Both Palkia and Giratina have the ability to remain in their respective domains until the end of the world. These domains cannot be accessed by lions. When the lions are inevitably consumed by the sun, it really doesn't matter how many there are because A: They can't touch Palkia/Giratina and B: They can't fight the sun
- Time out 2: Necrozma has the ability to manipulate ultra wormholes at will, which also house the ultra beasts. They are free to stay in ultra space until the lions die out. Necrozma also has the ability to suck the literal light from a world, and lions cannot live without light.
- Primals: No sheer amount of lions have the ability to contest primal power. If Groudon warps the continental crust, creating a divide in between lions and pokemon that no lion can cross, then the time out strategy comes back into play. I also don't think the lions can fight back against region destroying quakes. Let's bring Kyogre into this argument, I'm willing to wager that in fact, lions can't claw and bite water and expect to win. They will get swept away and they will drown. If Groudon plateaus itself, or Kyogre envelops itself in a watery area, these mons are also inacessible.
- Genies: Also untouchable mons, capable of altering weather and Thundurus will cause wildfires. They never come down anyway, no lions will touch them ever.
- Victini: This is probably a weak argument, but having a pokemon said to always grant victory seems pretty nifty.
- Rayquaza: LIVES in the ozone layer. If it ever "runs out of energy", it's free to run back up to replenish said energy, then rain down more hell.
- Eternatus: Eternatus can manually dmax every pokemon without time limit. Every single pokemon will be a threat, and maintaining a 360 degree radius of dynamax moves will ensure no lion ever breaks through. The wall of dmax steel and rock mons further reinforce this defense.
- Transform: Ditto, Smeargle, and Mew can transform to further enhance any of these strategies.​
PP: I'd like to denote a clear difference between energy and PP. PP is a limiter on each of the 4 moves pokemon have in game. This is not in game. Pokemon have abilities that extend BEYOND moves. When Darkrai steps in shadows, it's not expending any "PP". Energy is for sure a thing, but referring to it in such a limiting way as PP simply doesn't make sense. The energy argument brings me right back to Palkia and Rayquaza, who literally rift away or fly back up to the ozone layer to replenish energy, respectively. There is absolutely nothing the lions can do to contest this.

Lions have one, singular, predictable, approach option. Run in. They can't contest the air, the water, the subterranean world, the spectral realm, the dimensions between space and time, or Ultra Space. Basic tactics from the pokemon, highlighted in the reasons above, ensure the lions will never win, regardless of how large their numbers are.​

Just gonna respond to a bunch of stuff rn

- Lion ladders: Given that humans can't reasonably stack more than 4 of us and move, I'm willing to bet a substantial sum that lions can't stack 100 of themselves up to talonflame AND catch it. I think everyone should assume from now on whoever uses "lion ladders" as an actual argument has effectively lost.
- Haha billion is such a big number you have to lose: Lions could have a trillion and still lose. I have several core attacks for this one.
- Jirachi: Wishes away every single lion, lions auto-lose
- Time out: Both Palkia and Giratina have the ability to remain in their respective domains until the end of the world. These domains cannot be accessed by lions. When the lions are inevitably consumed by the sun, it really doesn't matter how many there are because A: They can't touch Palkia/Giratina and B: They can't fight the sun
- Time out 2: Necrozma has the ability to manipulate ultra wormholes at will, which also house the ultra beasts. They are free to stay in ultra space until the lions die out. Necrozma also has the ability to suck the literal light from a world, and lions cannot live without light.
- Primals: No sheer amount of lions have the ability to contest primal power. If Groudon warps the continental crust, creating a divide in between lions and pokemon that no lion can cross, then the time out strategy comes back into play. I also don't think the lions can fight back against region destroying quakes. Let's bring Kyogre into this argument, I'm willing to wager that in fact, lions can't claw and bite water and expect to win. They will get swept away and they will drown. If Groudon plateaus itself, or Kyogre envelops itself in a watery area, these mons are also inacessible.
- Genies: Also untouchable mons, capable of altering weather and Thundurus will cause wildfires. They never come down anyway, no lions will touch them ever.
- Victini: This is probably a weak argument, but having a pokemon said to always grant victory seems pretty nifty.
- Rayquaza: LIVES in the ozone layer. If it ever "runs out of energy", it's free to run back up to replenish said energy, then rain down more hell.
- Eternatus: Eternatus can manually dmax every pokemon without time limit. Every single pokemon will be a threat, and maintaining a 360 degree radius of dynamax moves will ensure no lion ever breaks through. The wall of dmax steel and rock mons further reinforce this defense.
- Transform: Ditto, Smeargle, and Mew can transform to further enhance any of these strategies.​
PP: I'd like to denote a clear difference between energy and PP. PP is a limiter on each of the 4 moves pokemon have in game. This is not in game. Pokemon have abilities that extend BEYOND moves. When Darkrai steps in shadows, it's not expending any "PP". Energy is for sure a thing, but referring to it in such a limiting way as PP simply doesn't make sense. The energy argument brings me right back to Palkia and Rayquaza, who literally rift away or fly back up to the ozone layer to replenish energy, respectively. There is absolutely nothing the lions can do to contest this.

Lions have one, singular, predictable, approach option. Run in. They can't contest the air, the water, the subterranean world, the spectral realm, the dimensions between space and time, or Ultra Space. Basic tactics from the pokemon, highlighted in the reasons above, ensure the lions will never win, regardless of how large their numbers are.​
bUT i dOnT thINk YOu unDeRStaNd HoW larGE A BilLion iS

bro dide you see that pachirisu survive that draco meteor dude? baby pokemon are strong enough to stop meteors bro and the meteors killed the dinosaruses
dont try tell me that lions>dinosaruer other wise your a nin come poop

let’s say, you study exercise physiology at university. let’s say, hypothetically, you’ve been studying, and even working hard, ok, and if you were a exercise physio you would understand the body, right? then hypothetically speaking you would be correct. now let’s say that you’re also a smogon user arguing over 1 billion lions and all the pokemon. now that we’ve established you’re both a exercise physio and a smogon user, then i believe you’d agree with me when i say that pokemon are not real and would not share the same biological features as real lions? there are giant lizards and aliens, correct, and some breath fire, including a giant time dragon and god, then, therefore, we would not treat them the same way as lions, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)