Where Have You Been? (Traveling)

I consider myself a fairly well-traveled person; thanks to my dad being in the military I got a chance to live in Okinawa, Japan for about four years, and I explored that half of the world while I was there.

Living in Japan was an awesome experience. The culture shock when I first arrived was intense, but as I learned more about the area I started liking it more and more. Japan is more "westernized" than most people think; there are more McDonald's than ninjas, for example (but I'm sure you already knew that). I learned enough Japanese to get around, but many Japanese people also speak English so I didn't need to know that much.

I got a chance to visit Australia for a month -- Sydney area mainly -- and I loved it.

I've also been to China, Korea, the Philippines, and Hawaii. I want to visit Europe and South America sometime; if all goes well, I'll be staying in Italy sometime next year with some old friends.

So...where have you been?

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
France
Italy
Switzerland
Spain
Germany
Andorra
Denmark
Croatia
Czech Republic
Greece

That's about it. I really want to go to Sweden next summer, they have AWESOME chicks there.

edit:
And if I ever get out of Europe, Egypt will be the first place I'm visiting.

Pretty much around all of europe except some eastern countries and scandinavian. Denmark and Holland were probablymy favourites.

I spent my childhood growing up in California..my dad worked over there so we all decided to move out with him. It was awesome, and hopefully one day I'll go back and stay there again for a while.

Been to the Dominican Republic on holiday for 3 weeks, those guys are the friendliest people I've ever met.

Corfu...standard holiday to a Greek Island lol.

Aside from one-dayers to Calais and Normandy, France that's about it!

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh shit I've been in Corfu aswell, not too long ago actually heh. I also went a week to Creta when I was a little kid.

That's about it. I really want to go to Sweden next summer, they have AWESOME chicks there.
Swedish blondes aren't really worth it. Come to Finland rather than Sweden.

USA: Washington, California, New Mexico, Wisconsin
Canada: Vancouver, Calgary
Mexico
Portugal
Spain
Malta
Croatia
Slovenia
Hungary
Sweden
Russia
Greece
Austria
Denmark
Germany

I'll be going to France next year, I think. It's a decent list nonetheless.

America (Maryland, Pennsylvania, Florida, Washington DC, New Jersey, Delaware)
Spain
France
Italy
Germany
Belgium
Netherlands
England

and I might be going to Russia this year

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've only been within the USA, though I've traveled to a couple states... Virginia, Michigan, Arizona, Missouri, Texas, Georgia, California...

greece
austria
czech republic
italy
tunisia

i might go to spain or turkey this summer and maybe ill go to vietnam next year =]

up and down the eastern coast of the US
southern Canada
Mexico
Guatemala
Belize
Honduras
Nicaragua
Costa Rica

currently backpacking through Central America again, saving up for Australia

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I hate you European people. You can go for an hour in any direction and get into a whole new country, over here I drive an hour south and there are more cows than humans and the humans average about 10 teeth.

I've been to a shit-ton of states, but as for countries I've only been to Mexico and Canada, the former 3 times and the latter numerous times (YEAH TITTY BARS). I was supposed to go to France with a class in high school but not enough people signed up. (BAN ME PLEASE)s.

I went to London once. Other than I have never left the US, but Ive been to like 35 states or something like that.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've been to:

Russia
United States
Finland
Georgia
Azerbaijan
Turkmenistan
Kazakhstan
Germany
France
Great Britain
Sweden
Canada

I think that's it, but I am probably leaving something off that I forgot.

Let's start with the places I've been to outside of the U.S...
Peru
Mexico
Japan
Thailand
And now inside the U.S...
Virginia
Maryland
Florida
Arizona
Nevada
Illinois
Washington
Hawaii

I think that's about it. I think I've been to Texas too, but I don't recall.

I was supposed to go to France with a class in high school but not enough people signed up. (BAN ME PLEASE)s.
Bugger. Why would you possibly not want to go to another country with all your schoolfriends?

In America: California (my state), Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Michigan, Illinois, and maybe Ohio, but I dont remember.
China, Taiwan, Mexico, Canada, and Japan (my favorite).

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
China (my home country), Japan (an overnight stay on the way to China), the Bahamas, Canada (Vancouver and Toronto).

In US: Virginia (my home state), Rhode Island (where my college is), Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Florida, California, Nevada, Alaska.

In US: Virginia (my home state), Rhode Island (where my college is), Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Florida, California, Nevada, Alaska.
:D
Virginia FTW! Virginia is where I was born, specifically Fairfax. I live in California now, though.

I was born in Bosnia and Herzegovina. I moved to the US almost 8 years ago and I'm stuck here in Kentucky lol. The only other countries that I've been to are: Croatia, Austria, Serbia, and a few others briefly.

EDIT: I want to go to Japan REALLY badly. I think the culture shock and the experience would be so much fun. The next trip would be to either Turkey or Egypt.

I've been in most of the contiguous states of the U.S. (haven't been to Hawaii or Alaska) though a lot of that comes from how my family likes to drive to distant locations so I've really only passed through places like Iowa (granted it takes like 5 hours to get through there and we ended up sleeping there also).

As for countries: India, Canada, Mexico, China, England, France, Italy, Germany, and various exotic places where we had to change planes to get to India. I'm probably forgetting some, but if I can't remember I probably didn't spend enough time there.

Inside the us was I think 30 states at last count (It'll be 31 in about a week :D), and other than that, just canada twice. I'm noob and never travel out of country xD

errm....outside england, countries i've been to:

scotland
ireland
wales
guernsey (it's a country of it's own, fuckers)
france
germany
belgium
austria
greece
spain
egypt
canada
USA

i think that's it... might be wrong

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Australia
Germany
Austria
Lichtenstein
Switzerland
France
England
Thailand
Cook Islands
Netherlands
Belgium
Canada
America

Am I winning?

Damn, Echo beats me.. Though, most of his countries really should only count as one..

Have a nice day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)