SS OU When cupcanaille comes out in an organized band.

Hello,

Here is my first publication. I tried to do my best in writing and layout but I'm on the phone.

Thank you for giving me your opinion on this team.

EXPLANATION
I decided to build a team around a pokemon: CUPCANAILLE

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Façade/ sticky web
- Drain punch

The traditional Cupcanaille set combining belly drum, unburden and Sitrus Berry.
Drain punch does great damage and allows you to recover life (OHKO Zeraora, Ferrothorn, Cinderace...)
Play rought is his second STAB and also does great damage (OHKO Lansorrien ..)
Slurpuff is a very powerful pokémon but its mediocre Bulk, priority attacks, changes of status and its obligation to place itself means that it must be well surrounded to be able to be placed and do damage.

Given its role, I am therefore building a Hyper Offense.

A hyper offense with a suicide setting the rock traps is good but I decided instead to use Grimmsnarl as suppport.He puts up the walls, can paralyze a potential opponent and reduce the special pokemon attack. It's all opportunities to place. With his defensive stats, he can come back even lay the walls.

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder wave
- Spirit Break

Given his poor Bulk Slurpuff takes advantage of the walls but he also needs the opposing team to be weakened. Azumarill Belly drum is a powerful but slow pokémon, having access to a priority attack. The walls are therefore beneficial for him to place himself.
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Once placed, Aqua jet is a priority attack doing great damage. Calinerie is Stabé. Knock off makes it possible to widen the type cover and to handicap Chansey / toxapex by removing their objects from them. Slurpuff cannot come easily against Chansey because of toxic / thunderwave

The team is until based on the physical and does not hit on the special. So I decided to find a pokemon capable of hitting the special.

My team is weak at STEEL attacks and especially at possible billet punch. So I decided to play volcarona

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- giga Drain

After quilver dance Volcarona cash very well on the special level.
0hko Magnezone, scizor and Aegislash . Giga drain allows you to recover life while inflicting damage. It also makes it possible to pass the rare unconscious maraists and lure Urshifu strike.His fiery Corp talent allows him to try to burn a possible powerful pokémon.

And why not take advantage of this weakness against steel to place Magearna and do damage?

Magearna @ Jouca berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Jouca Berry helps reduce the damage of a ground attack. Once boosted very few Pokemon resistant to the Ice laser and Thunder combo. Offensive Exploforce profit of Shifting and expanding coverage.

In 6th pokémon I wanted a pokémon doing big damage with a wide type cover. Because of his skeletal speed, rarely strikes prime ministers. The walls allow it to hold a few more towers.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Poltergeist
- Earthquake

ABSTRACT
Here is a hyper-attacking team played as it should be. With powerful pokémons to make real pants. The goal is to place yourself, take advantage of each flaw, switch at the right time and not have can sacrifice your pokémons. The walls, the drop in status, possible burns / paralysis, the sticky web are there for that.

The presence of the walls helps each of the pokémons of this team to place themselves because each one needs help (low speed, need to place) to do big damage.

THANK YOU

Last edited:
I made a publication in French and I redid a publication in English. I did my best to have a correct English translation but this may be a bit unsuccessful.

Thank you for your suggestion, but isn't this set too difficult to place correctly?

Yeah, it is, sorry, i thought you still had sticky web but it's not the case lol.

Your team might fit in the "Bulky/hyper offense" category, i then recommend having a suicide lead/hazard stacker
There is plenty of decent mons that fit these roles in OU, for exemple:
Ferrothorn,Skarmory,Mew, for the hazard stacking,
Terrakion, Mamoswine, Lycanroc, shuckle, for suicide leads.
All the sets on smogons are pretty viable and you can choose between the recommended moves.
Since you have a grimsnarl you shouldn't run 2 belly drumers, get rid of either azu or slurpuff.

As i'm pretty trash at building bulky offense teams, and that you originnally wanted to make a Hyper Offense i'll try to help with building a HO.

You can keep either magearna or volca but don't run more than one special setup attacker on a HO.
As well as you can keep either Azumarill, either slurpuff

So far i would've kept this :

1594841284716.png

1594841330676.png

1594841367012.png

1594841399079.png

As you can see it is very slow. It can't pass toxapex. So i recommend using sash Alakazam.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Counter
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

Paralysis in HO can get you momentum, a better matchup vs stall and other HO and a chance to setup volca and azu.

Your last pokémon could be zeraora bulk up. Pretty decent against mandibuzz, corviknight, dragapult, chansey ... etc

Zeraora @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

If anyone has better ideas, that's all for me.

bonjour, merci pour votre implication.

Je veux jouer Slurpuff et je me suis dit que sa place était dans une attaque Hyper mais je ne suis pas contre jouer un autre style de jeux.

Merci beaucoup

Hi , just if i play Slurpuff instead of azumarill are you ok?

how Many play shuckle?

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Encore

I have just a little change. What do you think ?
Mew suicide lead
Gunk shot Cinderace for toxapex
Volturn Cinderace/zeraora

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Spirit Break

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Zeraora @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Adamant Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Facade
- Drain Punch

Mew @ Red Card
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)