Hobbies What was it like to have your first video game?

PacificMarill

vibing marill-y
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
My first game I ever played was on my older cousin's SNES. Super Mario World! It definitely is the reason I am hooked today.

The first game I every owned myself though, was I think DBZ Budokai? The PS2 was the first system that was actually my own. Loved it and my GameCube so much as a kid. I am not much of a fighting game player now, but I used to be HUGE on the Budokai series when I was younger.

Last edited:
I recall unboxing Pokemon Blue in 1999 and spending hours just marvelling over it, I must've played till the first gym, reset the game and repeat with all 3 starters before finally settling with Charmander oddly enough

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The first video game I had myself was Lego Star Wars on the PS2. I got 100% completion in that game, somehow, despite losing my save file twice in the process.

However, and this is probably somewhat telling, but the first video game I ever played was Half-Life 2. Much to my mother's chagrin, my dad made sure I got to experience one of the best games ever made... after he beat it of course.

My first ever video game I got to play with was an old Xbox 360 one of my cousins used to play.
My dad bought me and my siblings some games(I can't remember which ones, but I do remember playing Minecraft!), but then quickly took it away from us because we kept fighting over who gets to play LOL.

For me, it was a life-changing experience, if I hadn't played any video games or encountered one, I probably wouldn't have encountered Smogon or PS!

Nice thread BTW!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)