What is your current job?

So what does everyone do for a living that has a job? How many hours per week do you average?

I work as an overnight electronics assosciate at Wal-mart. I normally work 32 hours a week.

I don't have one. I'd like one, but as I could only work part time and I'm not an adult yet, there are few jobs available and even fewer that consider teenage workers as more than disposable tools.

Even just getting a part time job will help. Employers like to see experience. I know some people at work that are in their teens that are permanent and not temporary.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Quality insurance department in a pharmaceutical laboratory.

I do some pretty basic analysis on raw materials we buy before they enter the production phase.

The usual 40 hours a week on a weird shift : noon to 8.

I work at Fred Meyer *emosob*
if you still live in oly i am pretty sure i have been to that fred meyer in a drunken state looking for sour patch kids, lol ^__^

i work at g.h. bass & co, a snooty-ass shoe store with no fashion sense at all. my coworkers are cool though, and minimum wage in WA is highest in the country (8.55 and around 15-20 hours a week)

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I currently work at the Manchester Evening News Arena - one of the largest indoor venues in the world with a capacity of up to 23,000~ for all kinds of concerts and indoor live events. I'm only Bar Staff there, but it has its advantages. I can sometimes score some cheaper tickets for events, and by knowing other people there get free food and beverages at events I go to.

My hours vary, as I can only work when an event is scheduled, which is sometimes a pain but usually great - I like casual work. I get to pick and choose which events I work, and as long as I work roughly 1/3 of the events in a year they won't even begin to hold contract talks unless my performance is utter rubbish. It's great to get to hear and sometimes see (if I'm lucky) some bands I enjoy live, if I do fail to get tickets.

The best thing about the job is it's almost always evening work unless there's an all-day event on. So I never have to get up early and it's easy to go to a bar or something with friends once finished. So, it's a good part-time thing, but I'm obviously looking for something full-time right now. I'll be able to keep this job as well as another job if/when I do find one though, so I can always work there when I'm not at my other job if I need some extra cash. I get paid every two weeks instead of the usual every month as well, which is often a benefit as I get extra money earlier than usual if I need it.

The last bonus is a holiday pay. 10% of everything I earn in the whole calender year goes into a holiday pay that I can claim whenever I wish. This is because during August there's usually no events at all, hence no work.

That's about it from me, as the other jobs I've had were temporary and my career has taken a nose dive. Hopefully I'll find something good soon though.

I own a popular Pokemon website
Actually making that look good on your CV will be the hardest thing ever I expect.

I just started as an IT Technician last Monday. The place is somewhat chaotic. I need the Windows install discs, which I know are in the attic, but I can't go up there because it's locked because of falling foul of Health and Safety (mega-steep stairs).

I clean horse shit, and do yard work on the weekends. I don't make much money at all... but it's enough for gas to get me to school.
When i'm not at school, I work in construction. about 50+ hours a week.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Currently unemployed by choice so I can concentrate on being a student. For 8 months I was the Online Learning Community Host for one of my school's websites. It was an 8 month full-time position I was doing for Co-op. Going to be applying for Co-op jobs at RIM, EA, Disney, and a bunch of random companies for the summer. Also seeking freelance writing positions at game outlets.

Actually making that look good on your CV will be the hardest thing ever I expect.
He coded this entire website from scratch (aside from the forums) and manages over a dozen volunteers on a website that gets tens if not hundreds, of thousands of unique hits. I'd say it's pretty easy to make that look good.

Though I'm not currently working thanks to my job being in a different city than college, I'm still employed by Universal Studios as a stocker (ie I prepare food in the kitchen and bring it to all the food stands around the park). I've also ended up doing cashier and even dishwashing work.

I work on checkouts at a supermarket on the weekend, I've done tutoring for first-year classes at uni. Mostly I'm just a student.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
i tutor college and high school students in math and physics. i'm ok with tutoring college students, as usually they are the ones to come forward and admit they need help. about half of the high school kids i've tutored are only doing it because their parents probably had a fit over their kid's last report card. these are almost always impossible (or at least frustrating) to work with.

I was working at Hollywood Video, but then my store closed down (there goes all my free rentals).

Now I'm working for an Investment and Tax Company, doing filing and stuff.

I own a popular Pokemon website
smogons golbal rank(in # of views) in all websites 29,646 pretty popular i guess?
Daily Pageview36626
Daily Ads Revenue$111.88Chaoses annuall income 40815$ per year... wow you must be pretty poor...

anyways my job is a full time high school student

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
I like to fancy that my current job is applying for scholarships and doing speech contests. Its not a bad "career"- if I am lucky I can make some serious dough. I got $400 and an expense paid trip to the hilton for winning a speech contest. Not bad.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
smogons golbal rank(in # of views) in all websites 29,646 pretty popular i guess?
Daily Pageview36626
Daily Ads Revenue$111.88Chaoses annuall income 40815$ per year... wow you must be pretty poor...

anyways my job is a full time high school student
http://www.quantcast.com/smogon.com This is more accurate.

Also, it isn't difficult to make Smogon look good on my CV. I don't mention Pokemon ;/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)