What is the most overused and threatening pokemon of all?

Which is the most overused and deadliest pokemon?

• Total voters
Did anyone else lol upon seeing Starmie and Skarmory there?

Anyways...overused, Garchomp. Deadly...hard to say, really. Quite possibly Infernape (I hardly see other people using him, but I've used it myself quite a bit), as it's capable of taking down almost any wall not named Cresselia depending on it's set.

On opposing teams, Gengar's tend to give me the most problems, but of the pokemon listed I'd go with Chomp.

Skarmory is very deadly with his base 80 attack, 40 base special attack, and 70 base speed.
lol wut?

anyway, I was thinking along the lines of Tyranitar. Tyranitar's auto special defense boost is so godly, espcially if its boah that can suck up most special attacks with only hp investment. also breaks walls and has all around good stats. also, Garchomp has a monstrous base attack with his base speed slightly over all base 100s. Sand veil can also be abused relatively easily, and can also make great use of scarf due to having the now 120 bp physcial outrage in its movepool. another is mence due its insane unpredictability.im not going to say anything regarding blsisey... :)

caterpie. Seriously, probably 'chomp or something along those lines. We don't really need more poll threads though. x_x

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Garchomp...ridiculously good stat distribution, great movepool, can run plenty of different sets, hits hard on both sides of the spectrum and has a gamebreaking ability.

I hate it. But it's good.

I am going to say Garchomp because of how many times a Choice Scarf Outrage Garchomp destroyed my team. Of course my Bronzong stops it, but once thats down, I have to predict Outrages. The thing is getting so overused on Shoddy its not even funny.

I fought skarmories and starmies and they are all deadly.
Let's all run from a Steel/Flying type that can't hurt us without using Whirlwind/Spikes! And I can't believe how deadly that Pokemon easily walled by any Blissey! Sarcasm aside, Garchomp is the most threatening, whilst Salamence is probably the most used. Correct me if you want.

Don't forget Skarmorythat ting witstood a STAB'ed waterfall from my swampert.
For the record, Skarmory withstands a STAB'd Waterfall from pretty much anything that doesn't have a Choice Band and a Belly Drum passed to it.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Sarcasm aside, Garchomp is the most threatening, whilst Salamence is probably the most used. Correct me if you want.
Okay! :heart:

1. Blissey (30691 usages)
  2. Garchomp (27092 usages)
  3. Gyarados (21567 usages)
  4. Gengar (20989 usages)
  5. Tyranitar (20441 usages)
  6. Salamence (17332 usages)
  7. Weavile (16415 usages)
  8. Heracross (16319 usages)
  9. Metagross (16114 usages)
  10. Skarmory (15356 usages)
  11. Forretress (15165 usages)
As you can see, Garchomp is the most used Pokemon on that poll.

Speaking of poll...*bangs head against wall*

I went with Garchomp, but Skarmory came in a close second.

I almost got 6-0'd by a SpecsSkarm the other day! Its completely game-breaking with it's base 40 Sp. Attack. I mean, things like Bidoof only get a base 35. 40 is ridiculous!

why is bliss baby not on that list?
Probably because it isn't deadly.

Garchomp was really hyped before D/P was released, but a lot of people said that it never lived up to the hype a few months after release. Now it has proven to be the clear #1 offensive Pokemon in the D/P metagame by a wide margin; I think its safe to say it did reach expectations.

how is skarmory threatening?
With Swords Dance, Skarmory is able to achieve it's true potential as a top-tier physical sweeper. Very little can stand against the might of a Swords Dance'd drill peck, and it's even more fearsome when backed up by another move such as Night Slash (which is incredibly effective against the mighty wall that is Azelf), Steel Wing (which benefits from STAB, dealing huge damage to the few enemies that aren't hit super effectively by any of Skarmory's other attacks), or Pursuit (giving Skarmory the deadly ability to hit any frail pokemon trying to escape it's mighty wrath, since many opponents would want to run when faced with Skarmory). Once it's in, there's no stopping the steel menace from rampaging through your team.

No, really, Skarmory's not much of an offensive threat.

Starmies beat Infernape in terms of speed.
So does Purugly. Everyone forgets about Purugly :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)