What is Icarus? BioShock Infinite

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Irrational Games' next project has finally been released. Already been worked on for three years, it will be released two years from now in 2012. The game? BioShock Infinite. Set in 1912 in the sky. Gameplay footage should be coming out soon. I have been waiting forever for this reveal @_@

Trailer: http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/

Sounds awesome. Thankfully it has an entirely different setting. Many people criticized the 2nd game because Rapture had lost its charm.

It seems like they just tacked on the name Bioshock for marketing purposes.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm not sure why you think it seems that way. It seems like most of the elements from Bioshock are present within this (mechanized baddies, extraordinary setting, even the plasmid abilities seem to make a return, although the abilities might not arise from plasmids).

That being said, I actually like the sky setting a lot more than underwater; I'm definitely looking forward to this.

I'm not sure why you think it seems that way. It seems like most of the elements from Bioshock are present within this (mechanized baddies, extraordinary setting, even the plasmid abilities seem to make a return, although the abilities might not arise from plasmids).
I guess I just equate Bioshock to Rapture.

this is the kind of thing i think most people were hoping for out of bioshock 2, and after that trailer im definitely excited :>

2 years though, man.

Wow that looks very interesting. I really enjoy the Bioshock games but it is refreshing to see a change of setting. I'm not sure if it will be a good or bad change though, it could throw the future of the series completely down the drain or it could open up many new options for future Bioshock games.

I'm going to miss the clastrophobic corridors that made up Bioshock 1 & 2, but I have a feeling that this game will feel similarly confined most of the time seeing as it is a similarly hostile environment. Though I'm curious to see if flying will be incorperated in any way, I have a feeling that you will have access to the rail system that goes around Columbia similarly to the Bathy Sphere, I guess that's enough, flying could either be really cool, or really shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)