WHAT IS AN R4?

hey guys my friend recently go this thing called an R4 and it could play old nes games and stuff

could someone give me a detailed explanation on what an R4 if it would work for my DS LITE

also, if you bought one online, please send me the link so that i can get one too.

lemme know which is the best R4 thing

zach i did that but i wanna know from someone who has/had one? pretty much their experience with it.

R4 was a brand name, and is now a generic term, for a DS cartridge that contains a MicroSD card slot, allowing you to copy things to the uSD from a PC and then use them on the DS. (Sometimes reffered to as a DS flash cartridge, though properly that term has a different meaning). As your friend mentioned, you can use it to run emulators and other homebrew DS software. You can also use it to make your DS a music and video player - video quality isn't the best but is perfectly watchable; you may have to do a format conversion. The cartridge may have other less lawful uses.

As for specific brands, I don't know what's best. They mostly all do the same thing really.

Note that there are cards only for original and Lite DS, and cards that do DSi as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)